(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

I have been cleaning baby gums with a cloth dab in cool boiled water since birth. Now still practicing the same and clean her teeth at the same time. I do it twice a day before her morning bath and evening wipe down.

My baby has cough and flu for a week. Her poop is watery like diarrhea for a few days,once a day. Is this diarrhea or should I change milk? Cos is not many times a day,don't know if it's diarrhea. But is watery poo and some times she fart and accidentally poop out like browinsh/greenish water.

My baby has cough and flu for a week. Her poop is watery like diarrhea for a few days,once a day. Is this diarrhea or should I change milk? Cos is not many times a day,don't know if it's diarrhea. But is watery poo and some times she fart and accidentally poop out like browinsh/greenish water.
Hi Purplehunny
Is
If diarrhea is not advisable to take milk... u need to change to soy milk..

Brought her to doc already? Cough and flu for more than 3 days can develop to bronchitis.

Yes. She's on medication for a week but still not recovered. Her watery poo only comes after seeing doc.

Happy new year everyone! Very soon they'll be a year old!!

The watery poo may be due to the medication. Some antibiotics will affect the good bacteria in the gut and so changes the composition of the poo. The balance should be restored after your baby recovers and the medication is stopped.

My ah boy is sooooo difficult to feed!! His milk intake has gone down, barely finishes 140ml per feed? Takes only abit of solids. During feeding he will grab the spoon, push the bowl, spit out the food, all sorts of pattern arghhhhhh!!!! Already changed two types of cereal cos the prince is so fussy. Maybe switch to porridge soon.

I think I must have had it too easy with his sister, so paying back for it with him *karma*

How about you guys? I think his weight gain gonna drop again…

@cynn04, try making the cereal thicker? I had difficulty feeding my girl too. Didn't want to eat much initially but last week after my helper tried to make it thicker, my girl finished everything.

Are your babies experiencing separation anxiety? My girl clings to me and cries when I left her with someone else. She prefes me to her father to carry her if I'm around.

Are your babies experiencing separation anxiety? My girl clings to me and cries when I left her with someone else. She prefes me to her father to carry her if I'm around.

They can recognise faces and have preferences.. So far my happy go lucky boy is ok with anyone who carries him as long he doesnt see me. Might be a good and bad thing also lah...
Now the stage where they explore 'crying' and screaming. Once they cry n they get what they want, it will go on n on...
So either cold heart let them cry longer, or jus let them win. Haha.

17 Dec - LO fell from the bed. We immediately bring him to KK Children Emergency. He vomitted once during this episode which was when he first fell (we fed him just before the fall). When in the hospital, he was warded for a day. Nothing abnormal - he was happy, active and doctor cleared us for discharge the next day.

18 Dec - We got discharged in the morning. However, in the evening, after feeding porridge, LO started vomitting. We paused for 30 mins before feeding him cereal, he vomitted again. Later on, we fed milk, he vomitted again. So we re-admitted to hospital and stayed 2 nights. Throughout the stay, LO was on drip, cos he kept vomiting and have fever on and off. And we started slow with glucose water and eventually slow amount of milk. Doctor diagnosed and said it has nothing to do with the head injury/fall but most probably could be a bug/infection.

20 Dec - We got cleared and discharged. LO wasn't vomiting anymore. Fever was still on and off. We brought him home and tried to feed him, however, he doesn't want to drink milk. Tried feeding him cereal, he only ate a few spoonful. Throughout the day, it was tough because he doesn't want to drink milk at all. He used to be able to drink like 80-100ml per feed, but now, it's only 5-10ml per feed. We naturally relate it to poor appetite cos he just recovered.

21 Dec - He still rejects milk. However, during his feeding, he keep pushing the milk bottle away. I tried to make him drink but to no avail. However, the moment we changed to applesauce, he finished them. He's still active and happy, and we have no idea why he can consume applesauce and not milk. Is it the bottle? Is it still his poor appetite? Or is it being choosy?

I hope someone with same experience can shed some light because this is stressing me out. LO weight is now at 3rd percentile only.

PS: He has always been on milk strike since 2 months old.

@BubsandBloms , oh dear! I missed ur convo.... How is ur bub now? After 3rd mth they will lose some weight, den when start solid, again will lose weight n appetite. Only ard 10-12mth old den can c the weight will gradually increase again when solid food is accepted.
Have u gone for kkh further review for ur lo fever etc? Can bring up to the doc about his appetite and get referral... I waiting for an appt date to bring my lo, cos he still on cereal and bottle pureè only! He cant take textured food :(

Mine too! She cries everytime see strangers trying to carry her.. Sigh.. Will it be better to send her to infant care instead so her social skills improved? She only wants me, daddy and my helper to carry her. My mother and sister are ok too. Not with my MIL, my bro, my SIL or others.

I just went back to work and have been pumping. I wonder come Friday, should I freeze the milk or just store in refrigeration? I intend to latch during weekend and only use the expressed milk on Monday when lo is taken care by my mum. What do you ladies do? Thanks.

My boy can turn 360 in the cot. Sometimes will bang his head too. I have stop using the cot. I put him on the mattress n co sleep with me. :)

U put him on the bed (with bed railings) or jus a mattress on the floor? which mattress u buy? (Afraid will bang his head on the floor) My baby now also kept moving ard in cot n kept knocking his head against the sides of the cot...

My boy can turn 360 in the cot. Sometimes will bang his head too. I have stop using the cot. I put him on the mattress n co sleep with me. :)

Ya mine kept banging head against side of the cot.. so I also thinking of alternatives. Yours is mattress on the floor or u put on your queen sized bed with bed railings? Then if on the floor mattress, what mattress u buy? but baby can still roll to the side of the wall and bang the head right?

U put him on the bed (with bed railings) or jus a mattress on the floor? which mattress u buy? (Afraid will bang his head on the floor) My baby now also kept moving ard in cot n kept knocking his head against the sides of the cot...

Now I put him on the mattress on the floor. I bought sea horse mattress. So far so good. I think ur mattress need to be thicker so that even if he bangs his head on the mattress, it still can support.

Ya mine kept banging head against side of the cot.. so I also thinking of alternatives. Yours is mattress on the floor or u put on your queen sized bed with bed railings? Then if on the floor mattress, what mattress u buy? but baby can still roll to the side of the wall and bang the head right?

Haha.. I will surround his bed with pillow. I m sleeping next to him.

I put bumper on the cot. But only 1 side. My baby still bump on the other side of the cot. But I think she learnt that it is painful and did not do it as often now.

Any mummies using electric lunch box to steam or cook baby food? Any brand to recommend?

I'm have been using Yoei electric lunch box since before pregnancy. Now I use that to steam baby food. So far I'm happy wit. Easy to use and quite fast to cook. Bought it on Rakuten.

Any mummies using electric lunch box to steam or cook baby food? Any brand to recommend?

I bot Yoei one too.. from groupon some time ago.. where is $39.90 for 2 tier or $35.90 for one tier I tink.. but I haben use it yet. Currently jus use a small slow cooker to cook porridge for my LO. Wkdays I working so seldom porridge, but cereal (healthytimes or Heinz, I rotate). Wkends he will have porridge for lunch & dinner time will give him cereal. In btw feeding him I gave him sips of water. Finished eating will give him ard 20ml water sometimes, not always.

I bot Yoei one too.. from groupon some time ago.. where is $39.90 for 2 tier or $35.90 for one tier I tink.. but I haben use it yet. Currently jus use a small slow cooker to cook porridge for my LO. Wkdays I working so seldom porridge, but cereal (healthytimes or Heinz, I rotate). Wkends he will have porridge for lunch & dinner time will give him cereal. In btw feeding him I gave him sips of water. Finished eating will give him ard 20ml water sometimes, not always.

I grind rice and use it to cook into porridge. Much faster than slow cooker and esp when my LO eats very little now so it saves my electricity bill too.
I also bot origins rolled oats and grind into powder. Kept in fridge and when're I want I will scoop out n cook with water. Very fast n easy too. Only started giving her 2 meals this week. Brunch/lunch is oats with fruits. Dinner porridge

I just bought yoei electric lunch box yesterday thru groupon. Hope I will find it useful. Thank you!

I just went back to work and have been pumping. I wonder come Friday, should I freeze the milk or just store in refrigeration? I intend to latch during weekend and only use the expressed milk on Monday when lo is taken care by my mum. What do you ladies do? Thanks.

I will freeze the BM pump on Friday for the next Monday use

I grind rice and use it to cook into porridge. Much faster than slow cooker and esp when my LO eats very little now so it saves my electricity bill too.
I also bot origins rolled oats and grind into powder. Kept in fridge and when're I want I will scoop out n cook with water. Very fast n easy too. Only started giving her 2 meals this week. Brunch/lunch is oats with fruits. Dinner porridge

What fruits did u give? u puree the fruits? so far I have not intro fruits.. only pumpkin and sweet potato, which is also when I cook with porridge for baby. I feed him quite limited.. haha.. either porridge with sweet potato / pumpkin / ikan bilis / spinach / cauliflower. One week one type for the 5 days hahaha

What fruits did u give? u puree the fruits? so far I have not intro fruits.. only pumpkin and sweet potato, which is also when I cook with porridge for baby. I feed him quite limited.. haha.. either porridge with sweet potato / pumpkin / ikan bilis / spinach / cauliflower. One week one type for the 5 days hahaha

I've been quite adventurous with fruits cos we eat fruits daily so we offer the same to LO. Apple. Conference pears. Chinese pears. Kiwi..avocado. Cherries. Grapes (cut into small pieces) watermelon. Plum. Nectarine. Rock melon. She's 7m 2 weeks old now. I usually feed the same fruit or food 3 days in a row.

So far I gave her papaya, avocado, Apple, banana (the small type, skin a bit black here and there. Cannot give del monte). Haven't try pear yet. My mum doesn't let me try too many cos some fruits too cold or some can cause phlegm like grapes. I don't purée the fruits. Papaya, avocado and banana are soft enough so can use spoon and mashed. For Apple, I use cheese grater and grate. I start with giving fruits on its own...now I add to oats.

I also gave carrots, sweet potato, potato, pumpkin, spinach, broccoli, egg yolk and threadfin. Ilan bills has salt..can give?

For ikan bilis just wash a bit and I just add it to the porridge. I add chicken/fish to the porridge while cooking, but will mash/blend them separately it. I mix and match my baby's food. But cook one time at least 4 different veg + 1 meat. Store them individually into ice cube trays. So take one different cube each time.
In my freezer now I have brocolli, cauliflower, long bean + corn, cauliflower, potatoes, carrots, yam, chye sim, chicken, fish - all abt 1 tray each. 1 tray have abt 7-9 cubes. Porridge I have abt 2 trays.
My daughter can eat abt 3 to 4 cubes each time.

For meat tray I actually use ikea tray. Smaller cubes.

For fruits, I just give it as it is. Not more pureeing. This week is mango and mandarin oranges.

Ohh... my girl is 9mth 1wk

For ikan bilis just wash a bit and I just add it to the porridge. I add chicken/fish to the porridge while cooking, but will mash/blend them separately it. I mix and match my baby's food. But cook one time at least 4 different veg + 1 meat. Store them individually into ice cube trays. So take one different cube each time.
In my freezer now I have brocolli, cauliflower, long bean + corn, cauliflower, potatoes, carrots, yam, chye sim, chicken, fish - all abt 1 tray each. 1 tray have abt 7-9 cubes. Porridge I have abt 2 trays.
My daughter can eat abt 3 to 4 cubes each time.

For meat tray I actually use ikea tray. Smaller cubes.

For fruits, I just give it as it is. Not more pureeing. This week is mango and mandarin oranges.

Ohh... my girl is 9mth 1wk

Hi nazriah, Porridge also can store in the freezer. May I know those foods & meats that we store in the freezer can put for how long.

Mine too! Keep wanting me to carry and will cry whenever he sees me... When I'm not at home, he cry lesser and more guai...

Hi nazriah, Porridge also can store in the freezer. May I know those foods & meats that we store in the freezer can put for how long.

Yeaps porridge can store in freezer. Doctor google said frozen cooked pureed baby food can store for 3 months. But mine stock last for a week. My girl can eat really lots. She dont like oats tho. So I gotta cook porridge for her. And lazy lah if everyday have to cook. Hehhe.. I cook say every 5 days or as and when needed ah.

Hi mummies. Happy new year n hope everyone is doing gd. Been missing chat for a while coz been busy with work. My boy tooth also started appearing on new year's day. He seems to be drinking alot lesser lately n I guess probably due to irritation from teething. Now in his 7th month n a week plus. Am glad he's not a fussy eater n I've introduced porridge or brown rice cereals with fish, spinach, broccoli, sweet potato, pumpkin, potato, carrot in various combi. Sometimes breakfast i will give him cereals w banana n some milk. Fruits wise he has also tried apples, pear and peach.

Hi mummies. Happy new year n hope everyone is doing gd. Been missing chat for a while coz been busy with work. My boy tooth also started appearing on new year's day. He seems to be drinking alot lesser lately n I guess probably due to irritation from teething. Now in his 7th month n a week plus. Am glad he's not a fussy eater n I've introduced porridge or brown rice cereals with fish, spinach, broccoli, sweet potato, pumpkin, potato, carrot in various combi. Sometimes breakfast i will give him cereals w banana n some milk. Fruits wise he has also tried apples, pear and peach.

Happy new year! How do u give apple? Fresh or boil? If fresh how to give? Need to grind or he can take small pieces?

hi.. anyone keen to take photoshoot be it familyshoot or baby shoot? I need to gather another 9 more mummies who is interested to enjoy $75 off the package? anyone keen?

I grate the apples and mix with avocado! Her fave and can eat a lot! I'm always happy when she eats avocado.. haha.. cos I feel it makes her healthy fat! Lol!

Back