(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

If it's a contraction, it will come in certain intervals and the contraction may not always be at the tummy, sometimes is at the back too.

Icic thanks… maybe been rushing ard here and there juggling work and family matters after my trip. And so near CNY but nothing done! Hopefully nothing serious, just need to rest more.

There is a fb group, but I think the administrator not active here anymore? So cannot add new members. Maybe start a new one?

Oh for your 1st 2 children, did this occur?
Must jiayou for bb, only a few months to go!

My tcm advised not to take fruits in case of sugar level too high, but I've been having fruits recently. And also ice cream for past 2 days n chocolates on n off. I must also try to abstain..
From what I understand, we can take fruits a bit, but avoid drink fruit juice. Coz the sugar level in fruit juice is more than the fruits.

I am at week 29 now. Sometimes I feel like a burning sensation and numb on my upper abdomen. Any mummies here have the same experience?

I asked my gynae before, he only said it might be due to pressure to my nerve, nothing harm to the baby. But i feel so uncomfy with this kind of feeling and cannot imagine if I have to bear with it for another 3 months ...... sob.....

Try these:
http://www.iherb.com/Aveeno-Baby-Eczema-Therapy-Moisturizing-Cream-Fragrance-Free-5-oz-140-g/47919
http://www.iherb.com/Aveeno-Active-Naturals-Daily-Moisturizing-Body-Wash-12-fl-oz-354-ml/47938

Works wonder for me. I have very itchy rashes at the side of my tummy starting at week 20+. After a week+ of applying the above, it's clear off completely. Now I only used the body wash, since no more rashes already.
Thanks for the recommendation! I think body wash is important too! I realised i shouldn't use hot water to bathe cos it itches more at night...

Welcome !!! When is ur edd, having a bb boy /girl?

I aso nv attend any talks before... Jus follow my gynae instruction, n anyhow choose the hospital lor... Everyone got diff experience with diff hosp, nurse, pd (for the baby wen born), lactation consultant, etc...so cant comment or reccomend good hosp..hehe. But i heard staying at raffles hosp is like staying at raffles hotel lah.... Duno hw true:rolleyes:
My EDD is 4 May and expecting a gal. :)
I don't have much choices in terms of hospitals cos my gynae only delivers in Gleneagles. Think it will be quite ex..... :(
Heard from my friends that attending breastfeeding classes, antenatal talks will be good... But can't seem to find good ones. Heard Mrs Wong from TMC is rather famous...

My EDD is 4 May and expecting a gal. :)
I don't have much choices in terms of hospitals cos my gynae only delivers in Gleneagles. Think it will be quite ex..... :(
Heard from my friends that attending breastfeeding classes, antenatal talks will be good... But can't seem to find good ones. Heard Mrs Wong from TMC is rather famous...

I got the hospital stay charges from my gynae. Gleneagles and Mt A actually dun differ too much. The most pricey I heard shld be Mt E Novena.

Me and hubby attended Mrs Wong's class for #1, okayyyy only lah. Good to maybe listen and know more, but ultimately its all abt hands-on.

Oh for your 1st 2 children, did this occur?
Must jiayou for bb, only a few months to go!

My tcm advised not to take fruits in case of sugar level too high, but I've been having fruits recently. And also ice cream for past 2 days n chocolates on n off. I must also try to abstain..
When will we be needed to go for such test? I'm not informed yet.. hmm.. and since pregnant I crave for many sweet stuff and I just eat when I feel like it... especially chewy candies, ice cream, sugared drinks.. hmmm

Oh man that sucks! What kind of strict diet to follow?

I'm gonna do mine in next appt when I'm 28 weeks, nervous!

Mine also at 28 weeks !! Kinda nervous too hehe
I've been taking a lot of sweet stuff so hopefully it's good

I checked that pregnant ladies, 7.8 and above is fail (prediabetic)

But normal person 7 and above is diabetes already

Jus did my glucose tolernce test n failed.. Need follow strict diet..sad, cant enjoy CNY. :(
Week 29 baby weight 1.23kg..

Oh my! Which hospital did u visit ?

I got the hospital stay charges from my gynae. Gleneagles and Mt A actually dun differ too much. The most pricey I heard shld be Mt E Novena.

Me and hubby attended Mrs Wong's class for #1, okayyyy only lah. Good to maybe listen and know more, but ultimately its all abt hands-on.
Cynn04, would u recommend for 1st time parents to attend? I am still contemplating if I should sign up for pre natal classes

Cynn04, would u recommend for 1st time parents to attend? I am still contemplating if I should sign up for pre natal classes
Im FTM and I am attending now with my hubby just for the experience at Mt A. Basically what they tell you is pretty common knowledge stuff and we probably know more from social media. The hands on and exercise and sessions might be a bit fun. Also to get the hubby feel more involved as they might feel a bit left out sometimes. And of course they are supposedly the experts to any questions you can shoot during your classes for clarifications.

When will we be needed to go for such test? I'm not informed yet.. hmm.. and since pregnant I crave for many sweet stuff and I just eat when I feel like it... especially chewy candies, ice cream, sugared drinks.. hmmm
i eat icecream, chocolate, cakes, BUBBLE TEA like every other day. touchwood so far ok. but also because i have been like this even before i got pregnant. i have a sweet tooth and a high metabolic rate. i try to drink more water though.. :p

My baby now weighs 850g at 25th wk scan. Woot. Gynae said it's in the average range. Guess all the nutrients went to baby. Haha. So far I have put on 6kg. Placenta still low but will evaluate again next month. Anybody going for breastfeeding talk?

My baby now weighs 850g at 25th wk scan. Woot. Gynae said it's in the average range. Guess all the nutrients went to baby. Haha. So far I have put on 6kg. Placenta still low but will evaluate again next month. Anybody going for breastfeeding talk?
Breastfeeding talk as in antenatal classes or just a talk solely for that? In my antenatal class there will be a bf session..

Yeah why not, I guess to have a peace of mind bah :) Oh does TMC still give the 3 books on pregnancy and taking care of baby when you signed up for their membership? I found those more useful

Jus did my glucose tolernce test n failed.. Need follow strict diet..sad, cant enjoy CNY. :(
Week 29 baby weight 1.23kg..
I also failed mine at week 26 :( need to watch diet n prick before n aft food... what was ur test result like? Mine quite high. I heard after taking that sweet drink u go for walk better than sitting there cos walking might help to get rid of e sugar abit. I sat there e whole of 2hrs! And i had cheese burger the night before at 11.30pm then went to sleep! Duno if that contributed partly to e high glucose result :(

Last edited:
Yeah why not, I guess to have a peace of mind bah :) Oh does TMC still give the 3 books on pregnancy and taking care of baby when you signed up for their membership? I found those more useful
Not sure about tmc as I am with another hospital. Just need to find the time to go for the classes. So much to do so little time!

In 3rd tri we have to do this test i think. Are u expecting a boy? Heard from elders that if having boy will crave sweet things...its my case hehe

Not sure about tmc as I am with another hospital. Just need to find the time to go for the classes. So much to do so little time!

my gynae only delivers at mount e orchard...anyone choosing here or delivered here before?

I signed up for the classes here starting in early march, quite excited!

yup, TMC still giving the 3 books on pregnancy if signed for their FBI/SBI membership. But I have not collect them yet. lols....

I also failed mine at week 26 :( need to watch diet n prick before n aft food... what was ur test result like? Mine quite high. I heard after taking that sweet drink u go for walk better than sitting there cos walking might help to get rid of e sugar abit. I sat there e whole of 2hrs! And i had cheese burger the night before at 11.30pm then went to sleep! Duno if that contributed partly to e high glucose result :(
I was told not to walk too much after drinking those sugary orange soda and cannot drink water also. Otherwise the test result would not be accurate.

I think either its braxton hicks or contractions..if its BH when you shift position it will stop. But if contractions, will be more regular and will persist even if you change position. utrogestan is to relax the womb which should be able to help. But if u feel any sort of contractions, must observe k, go to see doc if it persists..

Thank you for the info. I m confuse if I m having tightness, BH or contraction. Will monitor it. I m going to see gynea every 2 weeks now as already 28 weeks.

I also did the test in week 26, luckily passed. I craved for sweet things during the 1st trimester after that when my ms got better I control my sugar intake and exercise by walking regularly.

Hi mummies,

It seems that the symptoms of third trimester is affecting each one of us in all kinds of ways..lol

Just went for my 26th week appmt with my gynae..thank god all is good except my weight increase..baby is 957g but i put on 5kg from last mth..my gynae was making some noise..lol

For myself, my feet is starting to hurt when i walk or stand too long..and my ribs are also starting to ache..gynae said its normal coz the baby is getting bigger and my ribs are getting prepared to make more space for all other organs that are squashed..

Feels very uncomfortable but what to do..11 more weeks to go to 37th week!!! Just have to have more massages..hehe

I hope everyone else is doing good..:)

Gosh, woke up to pee and had difficulty falling back to sleep! But I feel so tired, just dat suddenly alot of things not done ran thru my mind and abit panic. (plus hungry lols) Little boy now kicking and rolling around. Oh dear, he has become a nite owl :/

Anybody celebrating v day? We're dumping my gal at mil to catch a movie and dinner later today. Nothing special, just needed couple time since the last one was many months ago.

So Happy V day mommies! Have a great weekend :)

My test result be4 was 4.5 after 2hrs 8.8 ... 1st 2 din happened before, mayb this preg totally changed... I aso crave fr sweet stuff...i aso had mac & chocolate cake the night before. Lol

Now hope it will go lower if not need c-sec as bb will get too big. My baby havent turn yet, so doc aso worried no space to turn to birth position, ask me to talk me to bb...

My test result be4 was 4.5 after 2hrs 8.8 ... 1st 2 din happened before, mayb this preg totally changed... I aso crave fr sweet stuff...i aso had mac & chocolate cake the night before. Lol

Now hope it will go lower if not need c-sec as bb will get too big. My baby havent turn yet, so doc aso worried no space to turn to birth position, ask me to talk me to bb...
Now before 30weeks bb need to turn down already meh? So fast ah. But anyway im opting for c sect so still ok... but now with proper controlled diet, i feel healthier n lost abit of weight! Thou i did not put on alot too la...

I had soreness at my pubic bone Area the other day.. last for 2days.. was told this shouldnt happen so early.. likely bb position was too low..
and also swollen feet for 2 days. Need to elevate my feet at night. My bb is also getting very active at night! Keep waking up and couldnt go back to sleep.. Was told this is just the beginning... jia you everyone!

Oh! Good to hear that the hospitals don't differ that much... Not willing to spend so much in hospital stays... haha... Rather spend it on healthcare stuffs and education for my gal.
Think i will go for a few antenatal classes just to get prepared, cos i know nothing about breastfeeding or breathing techniques and what to look out for...

Hi.. any mummies here have fainting feeling and see stars at this stage? I m perfectly ok previously and blood test all good. But these few days, started to have racing heart. This morning my vision turned dim while waiting for the lift. I have taken my breakfast. I m 1st time mummy and 25 weeks pregnant. Hope to get some advices here. Thank you very much!
Hihi, i was having serious shortness of breath (racing heart) every now and then too. That is probably due to your heart working faster than normal so as to provide enough blood for your bb... As for seeing stars, it may be good to inform your gynae. I guess blood pressure decreased due to pregnancy... It should slowly become more normal. But do not do sharp actions and take good care...

Hihi, i was having serious shortness of breath (racing heart) every now and then too. That is probably due to your heart working faster than normal so as to provide enough blood for your bb... As for seeing stars, it may be good to inform your gynae. I guess blood pressure decreased due to pregnancy... It should slowly become more normal. But do not do sharp actions and take good care...

Thank you. I feel better recently. Heartbeat still fast. But I try slow down on everything. U take good care too. :)

Oh! Good to hear that the hospitals don't differ that much... Not willing to spend so much in hospital stays... haha... Rather spend it on healthcare stuffs and education for my gal.
Think i will go for a few antenatal classes just to get prepared, cos i know nothing about breastfeeding or breathing techniques and what to look out for...
There is quite a fair bit of fee differentiation with hospitals.
You may refer to this very recent MOH link for a clearer understanding.

https://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_...nancing/HospitalBillSize/delivery_normal.html

Primarily the hospital and room with type of delivery you select determines your final bill outcome.
Re antenatal classes they usually come in a series of lessons which you pay for in a package ranging from diet, nutrition, exercises and like those you mentioned on bf as well as caring for baby etc.

I oso wana go for tis class leh...im delivering at Mt A...any idea if they conduct similar classes there?

I also attending at Mt A...if you are delivering at Mt A the course fees is abit cheaper too.However please book it early...i think all wkend courses are all full now and I am attending wkday course.
I booked mine in Dec to get classes which commenced in Feb. Im on the wkend sessions.

Mummies, hws ur weekend? So fast gonna be cny, everywhere esp market n supermarkets r so crowded.
Hopefully can bring ard the big belly with feeling ach or tiredness at least for 1st 2 days of visiting...

Mummies, hws ur weekend? So fast gonna be cny, everywhere esp market n supermarkets r so crowded.
Hopefully can bring ard the big belly with feeling ach or tiredness at least for 1st 2 days of visiting...
Weekend is not long enough! Haha so much to do so little time. My tummy suddenly grew last 2 weeks. Some colleagues just found out I am pregnant only last week. Feel so uncomfortable with big belly esp aft makan

Weekend is not long enough! Haha so much to do so little time. My tummy suddenly grew last 2 weeks. Some colleagues just found out I am pregnant only last week. Feel so uncomfortable with big belly esp aft makan
Feeling great that I'm almost always given a priority seat recent mornings on way to work so I can get additional rest. . Cos my tummy is not really those very very obvious type.. but ald 7months so some wad the size got to be there..

Feeling great that I'm almost always given a priority seat recent mornings on way to work so I can get additional rest. . Cos my tummy is not really those very very obvious type.. but ald 7months so some wad the size got to be there..
haha.... good. me too, always given a seat (not always priority seat though) when take MRT. Even some day I found all the 4 priority seat nearby is full with other preggers.... :)

my tummy is not only growth very fast these few weeks, my weight too..... oopss..... almost gain 0.5 kg in a week. Oh nooo......
Entering my 3rd trimester now.

my tummy is not only growth very fast these few weeks, my weight too..... oopss..... almost gain 0.5 kg in a week. Oh nooo......
Entering my 3rd trimester now.
same here. i dont know what is my weight gain except my face is rounder and i feel slower when i walk. my tummy still look small for 3rd trimester ( 28wks tml). but look abit more preggy now. look like 5 mths preggy according to many

Back