(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Actually mine was holiday we booked before then became babymoon when found out I am preggie. If you don't feel like it then don't go. You can always chill and relax here in your own comfortable way
oo. i wanted to go but i guess already at last wk of 2nd trim. so cannot liao. even after bb is born, dont think can go travelling so soon also..so this yr probably no travelling for me liao. boo boo

oo. i wanted to go but i guess already at last wk of 2nd trim. so cannot liao. even after bb is born, dont think can go travelling so soon also..so this yr probably no travelling for me liao. boo boo
The next holiday when you go with your little one. Guess it will be a whole new experience :)

@newbiemum80, you are not alone. Me also not going anywhere. Even gynae asking if I am going somewhere for CNY, i said no. He very happy I am not going anywhere, said more safe oso. lols.....I am thinking going to cinema for babymoon treat.

sob. i dont dare to go for babymoon despite gynae say all clear to go. sob.

Hehe its ok la, after you pop, wait a few more mths than can travel w baby already! I dun tink I can take it travelling in the near future with 1 little terror and a baby!! So better go this time :) just a pity not able to do any massages

I know pregnancy will have some odorless or mild-smelling milky discharge.

Mine is not milky but more like yellowish mucus type. Should I do a swap test too to check for infection?

Did you feel any symptoms prior to the swap test?

Mine was oso yellowish mucus type, not all the time got this discharge but the gynae told me to go for the test anyway. No symptoms oso beforehand. Nway its supposedly quite common to have the bacteria and not show any symptoms. I remember having to do this test a month before delivering #1, just dat this time gynae says do earlier since I was concerned.

Just went for doctor appointment yesterday, i was told not require to do GD test... cos no family history of diabetes and sugar level normal on every visit's urine strip test... :)

Hi furbee,

Is it the big or small bottle? Voucher can just pop by and collect? Haha.. but some guardians normally have bio oil but sold out... and is bio oil p&g product??
:)

I saw guardian having promo for bio oil, 3 bottles for $50+.
And jus to share if u have passioncard, can go to any CC n get the passioncard voucher (inside got emi cake marble slab voucher, most important is the Guardian voucher...$20 off $70 spent on P&G products-pampers brand) now they having promo also, so very worth to stock up. Expires end Jun...

For mummies who have pet at home, how are u going to care for ur pet during confinement? I have pet dog home but during confinement heard that cant touch water..wonder how to clean the pee tray if this is the case. Headache.

For mummies who have pet at home, how are u going to care for ur pet during confinement? I have pet dog home but during confinement heard that cant touch water..wonder how to clean the pee tray if this is the case. Headache.
Can't touch water? What you mean? Aren't you going to shower etc?

Can't touch water? What you mean? Aren't you going to shower etc?
eh. Some dun follow the traditional way....
but my mum follows, I can still shower only with the bathing water boiled with confinement herb. Can't touch water cos said will induce wind into body blah blah blah. Not even drinking plain water. only red date water etc. The more I listen the more headache I have. But bo bian, all my elders said die die must follow. It's for my own gd.

Hehe its ok la, after you pop, wait a few more mths than can travel w baby already! I dun tink I can take it travelling in the near future with 1 little terror and a baby!! So better go this time :) just a pity not able to do any massages
haiz. dont think the old ppl allow me to travel also one la.

@newbiemum80, you are not alone. Me also not going anywhere. Even gynae asking if I am going somewhere for CNY, i said no. He very happy I am not going anywhere, said more safe oso. lols.....I am thinking going to cinema for babymoon treat.
i went to watch CATS and i fell asleep ..lol. my hubs is saying waste money. haha. i guess i m near the end of 2nd trim liao so 3rd trim symptoms kicks in liao...tired easily liao...so too late to travel also

i got this problem too. i got 2 big dogs here and 1 of the dog only listen and can be touched by me. i think i will bo chap n continue as per normal bah

I oso can't go anywhere. Mostly is becos I'm too worried abt the low lying placenta to travel. Am going to catch Jackie chan new movie this CNY. Baby always react fiercely to fight scenes. Hope the audio is not too loud for her.

I have a dog at home, hubby will help take care but I don't believe in not touching water la...will still shower and wash hair.

How about using pee pad for dog? Then no need to wash. :)

I have a dog at home, hubby will help take care but I don't believe in not touching water la...will still shower and wash hair.

Ya lo...how not to touch water? Or wear gloves / send to petcare? I also have a doggie at home, think my mum or helper can help with this bah

Went for gynae appt today! Bb is weighing 600g at 24weeks, he yawned right at the start of the scan haha

I asked my doc about the ache, she says its round ligament pain so if it happens just remember to rest n lie down if more comfortable. She also says if tummy happens to feel very hard, like the bone at the top of our nose this could mean early contractions - which is not good. Must lie down rest, drink lots of water n monitor. if it doesn't go away, must call her.

today doc also gave me a lot of pics, with a complimentary 3D scan of bb face, she says its cny present hehe. Really cute when see my boy's face :)

Hi.. I went for gynea appy today at week 28. I told him that sometimes I can feel tummy become very hard and it goes away after a while. He gave me utrogestan and ask me to monitor too. Hope you abdomen pain is better now.

Hello all, am new here.... Abit late in joining in forums and listening to advices... Haha...
Just wanted to check - when do we start deciding on hospitals? I didn't attend hospital tours and am feeling lazy to attend antenatal talks too.... :p

Hello! Any expectant mothers suffering from rashes? What cream to apply? Any tips?
Hihi, i had quite bad rashes (and my eczema flared up) since pregnancy. It got worse when my tummy got stretched. I used Cicaplast from La-Roche Posay... Its a healing balm/gel and is safe for pregnant women. I had a tube of antibiotics from my gynae too, but didn't find it too useful. At least Cicaplast helped in making the spot less itchy. Nonetheless, it will be better to consult your gynae...

Hi.. I went for gynea appy today at week 28. I told him that sometimes I can feel tummy become very hard and it goes away after a while. He gave me utrogestan and ask me to monitor too. Hope you abdomen pain is better now.

Hi, how many times in a day do you feel your tummy harden? I do have it too, and abit worried.

Hi, how many times in a day do you feel your tummy harden? I do have it too, and abit worried.

I can't really recall. Gynea said if you feel the hardening on one side only meaning is the baby. But for me, sometimes I feel the whole stomach tightening up n very hard. That's what he call contraction. He checked on my varginal opening and so far still ok. Is better to check with your gynea if u worry. Take care ya :)

Hello all, am new here.... Abit late in joining in forums and listening to advices... Haha...
Just wanted to check - when do we start deciding on hospitals? I didn't attend hospital tours and am feeling lazy to attend antenatal talks too.... :p
Welcome !!! When is ur edd, having a bb boy /girl?

I aso nv attend any talks before... Jus follow my gynae instruction, n anyhow choose the hospital lor... Everyone got diff experience with diff hosp, nurse, pd (for the baby wen born), lactation consultant, etc...so cant comment or reccomend good hosp..hehe. But i heard staying at raffles hosp is like staying at raffles hotel lah.... Duno hw true:rolleyes:

eh. Some dun follow the traditional way....
but my mum follows, I can still shower only with the bathing water boiled with confinement herb. Can't touch water cos said will induce wind into body blah blah blah. Not even drinking plain water. only red date water etc. The more I listen the more headache I have. But bo bian, all my elders said die die must follow. It's for my own gd.

Actually for me, during my 1st confinement i purely express milk, so i wash my pump n all frequently every 2-3hrs even at night. I din bathe for 1st 3 weeks. After 1 mth, my hands feel cold n the can feel the coolness in the bones. But body wise still normal, other den the spot that i took epidural.

2nd confinement i bathe once a week with herb, i duno if its cos i never do properly my confinement (like nv take ginger cos bb had jaundice, den i allergy to dom n wine), i had body aches n easily cramp like feeling all over...esp my knee area.. So it depends if u wanna believe anot, cos can be quite skepitcal la...like i aso tink so silly to stink n be 'oily' like not hygienic... Lol. This time i try to motivate myself n do the confinement properly see if my body condition will improve..... *cross my fingers*

Must go thru the whole pregnancy, den delivery n confinement n parenthood den can experience what the 'older gen' ppl been thru.... Confinement is not as scary also....looking forward to go holiday will time pass faster..... :)

I thought tummy tighten might be Braxton hicks which should be quite normal ?

I'm having sleepless nights once I start to enter into the third trimester :( anyone feels the same ?

I'm so tired but I just can't sleep

I'm having sleepless nights once I start to enter into the third trimester :( anyone feels the same ?

Hi there..same here..cannot sleep for full 8hours..maximum i will sleep about 4-5hrs and i will wake up...now cant even go to sleep..

Oh n also..is it just my area in tampines or is the haze is back?..coz i sort of looked out the window and saw that it is really smoky outside and it smelled like something burning..been like that since evening..n now it seems to have gotten worse

Hi there..same here..cannot sleep for full 8hours..maximum i will sleep about 4-5hrs and i will wake up...now cant even go to sleep..

Oh n also..is it just my area in tampines or is the haze is back?..coz i sort of looked out the window and saw that it is really smoky outside and it smelled like something burning..been like that since evening..n now it seems to have gotten worse
I'm awake now too.. Can't sleep but feeling tired and backache.. Zahhhhh just surfing net now hoping to sleep

Screenshot_2015-02-13-09-44-11.png Screenshot_2015-02-13-09-42-30.png
Hi, just sharing cos I found this app that is quite useful for a 1st time mummy like me.. it's from babycentre.. I downloaded the yellow one to get a daily update of either myself or the baby that as a new mummy to be may need to know.. it can also keep track of the number of weeks of the baby at the bottom of the page. I just signup using FB acct and it's free and quite hassle free :)

Yah at first i thot shld be braxton hicks, but it sometimes happen a few times within e hour so got abit worried abt early contractions. Usually at nite when im trying to rest, so more aware. Hmm will monitor and see how

Jus did my glucose tolernce test n failed.. Need follow strict diet..sad, cant enjoy CNY. :(
Week 29 baby weight 1.23kg..

I think either its braxton hicks or contractions..if its BH when you shift position it will stop. But if contractions, will be more regular and will persist even if you change position. utrogestan is to relax the womb which should be able to help. But if u feel any sort of contractions, must observe k, go to see doc if it persists..

I'm also staying in tampines! Yesterday night noticed the burning smell also...today seems to be clear already. I also have trouble sleeping soundly through the night, woke up at 5plus n eyes big big. hopefully tonight will be better for us!

Hihi, i had quite bad rashes (and my eczema flared up) since pregnancy. It got worse when my tummy got stretched. I used Cicaplast from La-Roche Posay... Its a healing balm/gel and is safe for pregnant women. I had a tube of antibiotics from my gynae too, but didn't find it too useful. At least Cicaplast helped in making the spot less itchy. Nonetheless, it will be better to consult your gynae...

Try these:
http://www.iherb.com/Aveeno-Baby-Eczema-Therapy-Moisturizing-Cream-Fragrance-Free-5-oz-140-g/47919
http://www.iherb.com/Aveeno-Active-Naturals-Daily-Moisturizing-Body-Wash-12-fl-oz-354-ml/47938

Works wonder for me. I have very itchy rashes at the side of my tummy starting at week 20+. After a week+ of applying the above, it's clear off completely. Now I only used the body wash, since no more rashes already.

Yah at first i thot shld be braxton hicks, but it sometimes happen a few times within e hour so got abit worried abt early contractions. Usually at nite when im trying to rest, so more aware. Hmm will monitor and see how

If it's a contraction, it will come in certain intervals and the contraction may not always be at the tummy, sometimes is at the back too.

Oh man that sucks! What kind of strict diet to follow?

I'm gonna do mine in next appt when I'm 28 weeks, nervous!

3 main meals, 3 snacks ( 2hourly apart cannot skip, got portion to follow, and the type of food to consume, and to avoid) den 2 weeks later own do the blood test myself (7x a day for 2 days!!!)

I tink maybe i overate sweet stuff like macdonalds, choco cake, sweeten drinks ytd before i start fasting that y i failed the test.

I'm also staying in tampines! Yesterday night noticed the burning smell also...today seems to be clear already. I also have trouble sleeping soundly through the night, woke up at 5plus n eyes big big. hopefully tonight will be better for us!

Ya was in the news that last night 3am the haze psi at east area quite high... Better stay indoors if it gets worse... Hope its a one time off haze.

3 main meals, 3 snacks ( 2hourly apart cannot skip, got portion to follow, and the type of food to consume, and to avoid) den 2 weeks later own do the blood test myself (7x a day for 2 days!!!)

I tink maybe i overate sweet stuff like macdonalds, choco cake, sweeten drinks ytd before i start fasting that y i failed the test.

Aiyo aiyo!! test for 2 days and go back to check again?

Aiyo aiyo!! test for 2 days and go back to check again?

Nope, ownself test den fax the results. If nv improve need take insulin jab(worse case).... So now till i deliver must tink of bb....dun wan him b diabetic frm birth lor. I totally dun tk veg, so maybe aso a contribution.....

Nope, ownself test den fax the results. If nv improve need take insulin jab(worse case).... So now till i deliver must tink of bb....dun wan him b diabetic frm birth lor. I totally dun tk veg, so maybe aso a contribution.....

Oh for your 1st 2 children, did this occur?
Must jiayou for bb, only a few months to go!

My tcm advised not to take fruits in case of sugar level too high, but I've been having fruits recently. And also ice cream for past 2 days n chocolates on n off. I must also try to abstain..

Back