(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Same. Below will recover over time.
Mine still recovering. Prob need about a month to fully recover I think. Nipple so sore from all the pumping and latching. Haha
Latch must make sure timing is right.
Jiayou.!

Ur stitches already dissolve liao ma ?? Mine starting to dissolve abit liao... feeling less sore.

But i think when I push, I push out piles also... now there is a lump beside the stitches. Can't b gynae lousy skill I guess. . Should be piles hope it will subside. .

Btw i remember got a mummy had piles also during n was given cream to apply and the piles went away.. Can't remember which mummy liao.. anyone remember ??

I shower everday too but my mum doesnt allow me to wash hair so often.. sigh.. and the sweat in my hair doesn't dry off cos when its dry i swear again.. i keep crying to myself why am i so ke lian.. pple can go under shower as and when yet i can't...

Do u stay in air con room?

My mum n ah ma also dun allow.. nag at me.. but i dun care.. it's to unbearable !!

I only sleep in aircon room at night. But i still sweat in aircon room ....zzzz

I shower everday too but my mum doesnt allow me to wash hair so often.. sigh.. and the sweat in my hair doesn't dry off cos when its dry i swear again.. i keep crying to myself why am i so ke lian.. pple can go under shower as and when yet i can't...

Do u stay in air con room?
Yah kelian indeed this can't eAt that can't do .. But I bo chap still wash hair on alt day cos perspire like mad

I also sleep in aircon room every night without blanket and on fan during day

And lucky me this time of the year my house quite windy Lolz

Yah kelian indeed this can't eAt that can't do .. But I bo chap still wash hair on alt day cos perspire like mad

Same...... in fact eating other than seafood I dun dare touch. The rest all I got it.. no matter if it's confinement food or not...

I sweat alot too. N it's very smelly. Maybe coz of what we eat.. or maybe during confinement we are suppose to expel dirty stuff ?

I can't take It so I shower everyday. I try to wash hair every alt days...
I also shower once everyday but will use those herbs and lemongrass soap to shower. I didn't shower for the 1st week though..It was horrible. I can't stand having sticky hair and was so itchy everywhere. My mum nags at me still when I use water now cos she said I'm not supposed to touch or drink water.. but sometimes I think it's unavoidable?? For hygiene purposes esp. I don't really drink water though..drink lots of longan red date everyday. I also sleep in aircon at night and use fan in the day..but try to turn up the temp..2 more weeks of confinement!! Can't wait..

so Mustela vitamin barrier cream not that good, in your opinion? i still thinking of getting it during the fair this week..
FTM here, very confused by all the different usage of cream.

For prevention/normal, use EMAB baby bottom?
For rash, use gaia natural baby skin soothing lotion/Destin blue?
For serious rash, use Destin purple?

Are all these creams enough? another other cream to buy/recommend? TIA!

so Mustela vitamin barrier cream not that good, in your opinion? i still thinking of getting it during the fair this week..
FTM here, very confused by all the different usage of cream.

For prevention/normal, use EMAB baby bottom?
For rash, use gaia natural baby skin soothing lotion/Destin blue?
For serious rash, use Destin purple?

Are all these creams enough? another other cream to buy/recommend? TIA!
Blumiz, I am not sure if EMAB is effective as a barrier cream cos I don't see anything that will serve as an effective barrier. Only see a lot of stuff that will function very well as an emollient. What I remember hearing in WBB's class is that drapolene does not work as a barrier cream (cetrimide and benzalkonium chloride are active ingredients and they merely function as antiseptics, they do not serve as a barrier). And, creams with zinc oxide (Desitin rapid relief and maximum strength contain ZnO) should be used only when there are rashes. I got aquaphor as a barrier, triple paste as a standby for treatment of rash. Apparently one home remedy to treat a nasty diaper rash is to mix aquaphor, triple paste and some antacid into a paste and apply it onto baby's bum

Blumiz, I am not sure if EMAB is effective as a barrier cream cos I don't see anything that will serve as an effective barrier. Only see a lot of stuff that will function very well as an emollient. What I remember hearing in WBB's class is that drapolene does not work as a barrier cream (cetrimide and benzalkonium chloride are active ingredients and they merely function as antiseptics, they do not serve as a barrier). And, creams with zinc oxide (Desitin rapid relief and maximum strength contain ZnO) should be used only when there are rashes. I got aquaphor as a barrier, triple paste as a standby for treatment of rash. Apparently one home remedy to treat a nasty diaper rash is to mix aquaphor, triple paste and some antacid into a paste and apply it onto baby's bum
thanks @gammahedging for the explanation!

Me also slp aircon rm, pump in air con rm, on fan when at livin rm. Although i no shower but i wipe with hot water every morn.

I also shower once everyday but will use those herbs and lemongrass soap to shower. I didn't shower for the 1st week though..It was horrible. I can't stand having sticky hair and was so itchy everywhere. My mum nags at me still when I use water now cos she said I'm not supposed to touch or drink water.. but sometimes I think it's unavoidable?? For hygiene purposes esp. I don't really drink water though..drink lots of longan red date everyday. I also sleep in aircon at night and use fan in the day..but try to turn up the temp..2 more weeks of confinement!! Can't wait..
this is my last week of confinement yeah...i wan to break free soon kekeke

yah lor how to not touch water totally not avoidable ..
and how to sleep...they always ask us go sleep but there are so many things to do ...eat lah pump milk lah ..look after bb when they do other things ... so how to sleep ...

Same...... in fact eating other than seafood I dun dare touch. The rest all I got it.. no matter if it's confinement food or not...
my CL make assam fish for hubby and herself and cook curry for them too !!! while i can only watch !!
everyday ask me eat vinegar pig trotter ...eat until i sianz

lucky hubby will sneak some macdonald or cake home lolz

I also dun drink much water. Drank lots of red date and longan drink, my lips so dry and cracked now :'( my colleague also told me dun drink water. Guess now I must drink more water now

Ur stitches already dissolve liao ma ?? Mine starting to dissolve abit liao... feeling less sore.

But i think when I push, I push out piles also... now there is a lump beside the stitches. Can't b gynae lousy skill I guess. . Should be piles hope it will subside. .

Btw i remember got a mummy had piles also during n was given cream to apply and the piles went away.. Can't remember which mummy liao.. anyone remember ??
I think mine is the drop off kind. Lump? How you know got lump.
Aiyo the pad is giving me rashes on the side);

How long will it take to stop bleeding?

Worried husband.
Hi mummies,
My bb after 1 day photo therapy the bilirubin result drop only 1 (from 186 to 185). Is it normal? Was advice to stay another day. I am not sure if we do our own feeding and sun bathing on our own will help.

I've been drinking only red date longan tea and the soup that my CL makes since delivery, have been advised not to drink just normal water.

I haven't bathed or washed hair for a week, only can wipe dry with warm water every morning and night...day time only can on fan and night time on air con but still perspire too!

CL say can tahan how long then tahan how long don't bathe/wash hair...but super looking forward to tomorrow cuz I'm bringing baby to polyclinic for check up, I told my CL I must bathe and wash hair after coming home if not many viruses there

My last 2 pregnancy the bleeding last 1 mth exactly

This round during delivery nurse commented I didn't lose alot of blood. N these few days the flow getting lesser too.. hope it stop soon. But most impt. Muz clear all dirty blood first. Else will kenna infection...

I also kenna rashes. My gynae forgot to give me the cream .. so if I can't tahan I will visit the polyclinic to ask for it...

The lump is painful n I use mirror to see.. it's near to the anus n stitches.. in between both. So not sure it's piles or juz skin swollen. Hopefully it's juz swollen. I hate piles

My last 2 pregnancy the bleeding last 1 mth exactly

This round during delivery nurse commented I didn't lose alot of blood. N these few days the flow getting lesser too.. hope it stop soon. But most impt. Muz clear all dirty blood first. Else will kenna infection...

I also kenna rashes. My gynae forgot to give me the cream .. so if I can't tahan I will visit the polyclinic to ask for it...

The lump is painful n I use mirror to see.. it's near to the anus n stitches.. in between both. So not sure it's piles or juz skin swollen. Hopefully it's juz swollen. I hate piles

Worried husband.
Hi mummies,
My bb after 1 day photo therapy the bilirubin result drop only 1 (from 186 to 185). Is it normal? Was advice to stay another day. I am not sure if we do our own feeding and sun bathing on our own will help.
Given that baby is only a few days old, I'd say do give it some time.

I've been drinking only red date longan tea and the soup that my CL makes since delivery, have been advised not to drink just normal water.

I haven't bathed or washed hair for a week, only can wipe dry with warm water every morning and night...day time only can on fan and night time on air con but still perspire too!

CL say can tahan how long then tahan how long don't bathe/wash hair...but super looking forward to tomorrow cuz I'm bringing baby to polyclinic for check up, I told my CL I must bathe and wash hair after coming home if not many viruses there
not to mention it will be quite crappy to go out with limp, oily looking hair

I also dun drink much water. Drank lots of red date and longan drink, my lips so dry and cracked now :'( my colleague also told me dun drink water. Guess now I must drink more water now
Another option will be to make lemongrass drink? If I didn't remember wrongly my mom was telling me sth abt mixing lemon grass with lemon or sth

Worried husband.
Hi mummies,

Since they advise to stay 1 more day then it's better to stay another day. Else even u discharge they will request u to go back every day or alt day to test.

Every baby is different. Can't advise it's normal to juz drop 1 or not. But the lvl tend to shot to their max at around 4 days-7days if I remember correctly.

My son on 4th day is 180
5th day 170
7th day is 171
Hopefully today's check can give him a clear.

Below 100 then it's normal

Since they advise to stay 1 more day then it's better to stay another day. Else even u discharge they will request u to go back every day or alt day to test.

Every baby is different. Can't advise it's normal to juz drop 1 or not. But the lvl tend to shot to their max at around 4 days-7days if I remember correctly.

My son on 4th day is 180
5th day 170
7th day is 171
Hopefully today's check can give him a clear.

Below 100 then it's normal

is it ALL babies will get jaundice?
depending on the level only>?

i also shower and wash hair everyday... my mum nag n nag but my CL lady says its ok, just make sure i dry off properly. i cannot tahan dont wash hair for too long, i will feel super greasy and irritated. that 4 days in the hospital when i didn't shower, i almost buay tahan already, esp with all the bleeding down there n the ridiculous maternity pad, which i feel is so loose n insecure. my mum always threaten that next time I'm old i will suffer, but i tell her if i don't shower, not only i suffer now, but bb n hubby will also suffer from an extremely cranky n moody mummy. anyway, i got compromise abit - instead of my usual shower when i wake up and before i go to bed, i will shower only once in the afternoon, when the weather is the hottest, so less likely to catch a chill.

i also every night on air con. but forgot to change the setting since i got back from hospital, n i think my body is no longer a furnace, so there was one night when i woke up in the middle of the night with such bad chills that i couldn't mover n i had to wake my hubby up to turn down the setting. literally like shivering and teeth chattering kind of chills. had not had such episode since early in the pregnancy, which my gynae said is due to fluctuating hormones.

i also shower and wash hair everyday... my mum nag n nag but my CL lady says its ok, just make sure i dry off properly. i cannot tahan dont wash hair for too long, i will feel super greasy and irritated. that 4 days in the hospital when i didn't shower, i almost buay tahan already, esp with all the bleeding down there n the ridiculous maternity pad, which i feel is so loose n insecure. my mum always threaten that next time I'm old i will suffer, but i tell her if i don't shower, not only i suffer now, but bb n hubby will also suffer from an extremely cranky n moody mummy. anyway, i got compromise abit - instead of my usual shower when i wake up and before i go to bed, i will shower only once in the afternoon, when the weather is the hottest, so less likely to catch a chill.

i also every night on air con. but forgot to change the setting since i got back from hospital, n i think my body is no longer a furnace, so there was one night when i woke up in the middle of the night with such bad chills that i couldn't mover n i had to wake my hubby up to turn down the setting. literally like shivering and teeth chattering kind of chills. had not had such episode since early in the pregnancy, which my gynae said is due to fluctuating hormones.

do u sleep on a mat @ night?

the aches and pains u experience in old age isn't due to u bathing during confinement... It's due to degeneration of the joints !! And think abt it, men don't give birth but they also long zong tia when old ;)

The chills I had it too... I will drink more warm soup n red date drink when I wake up in the morning. ..

just curious
for those whose water burst, or having show, how do u get to the hospital without dirtying the car?

just curious
for those whose water burst, or having show, how do u get to the hospital without dirtying the car?
Wear pad...

If leaking then wear thick ones.. Coz I heard the water bag burst can have alot of water that sometimes sanitary pads also can't absorb finish

its really ok to bath and wash hair....just do it quickly with slightly warmer water and dry your hair quickly... maybe i cut my hair appropriately this round haha...

surprisingly this time round, i dun sweat buckets like the first round...even tho i actually drink more LGRT this round till my lips cracked!

i also scare.. but cant help too.. i can only pray taxi uncle dun mind or fluid dun overflow.. FTM..seriously dunno what to expect..

Back