(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Is OK..I just went to buy fr kiddy palace today as currently the one I am using now is too small. Thanks..

Np. How much you bought fr kiddy palace huh? I got one from united sq coz couldn't wait in time for the us shipment. The one from amazon is like us$10 and here united sq selling $31.2

same lo! Waste money. Hahah
thats why ppl always say newborn buy cheap diapers can liao, very fast finish ... LOL

Mine also 2 feed poo 1 times. Think abt 5-6 times . Isit fm nt suitable? Thought of changing cos nw taking similac. His poo only abit nia n yellowish.

Newborn poo alot... dun keep change FM also, not good for them... if u are worried check with PD ? mine can poo alot of times if its little bit....

thats why ppl always say newborn buy cheap diapers can liao, very fast finish ... LOL

Newborn poo alot... dun keep change FM also, not good for them... if u are worried check with PD ? mine can poo alot of times if its little bit....

Oh isit. I thought if the poo is watery meaning fm nt suitable wor. Anyway tue gg see doct for review, will check with them before i chg milk powder.

Just felt like ranting..no doubt it's been great having my mum tc of bb for me during this one mth confinement period, I can't help but feel frustrated also. Sometimes she tells me how tired she is when she is up to feed bb at night..I can't help but feel guilty. Hubs works long hours and is out for work by 6am and is back sometimes 5 - 7pm. He tries to help out with bb when he is home but he is usually so tired he knocks out by 10pm. My mum thinks he doesn't help and keeps saying that aft one mth I will suffer.. making me feel worse. Haiz. Felt so sad and cried to sleep last night.

I mean no offense to your mum, but I feel it is a bad thing when another family member (even a parent/elder) comes in between a husband and wife relationship and says negative things. It is frankly, none of her business, she is not the one in the marriage, you are ! I myself suffer a great deal from the imaginary competition that my mum sets up with my MIL, so I hate family politics. Please don't let the things an "outsider" outside your marriage say affect your mood. It is already hard enough being a mum to a NB; you don't need to hear negative things about your marriage or hubby that are probably untrue anyway! You know your hubby better than anyone else, including your mum. It is only between you and your hubby (and no one else, not even parents!) to sort things out and come to an agreement on your respective roles and responsibilities. Hugs and I hope you feel better soon; it's not worth it getting upset over this and possibly straining your r/s with your hub.

So doesn't matter which hospital right? Cos we take from hospital that we deliver bb right?

Sorry for the slow reply. At least that was what TMC told me; I can get the POSB gift from TMC (where I will deliver) although I indicated RH as the hospital when I signed up online.

Finally my bb is out safely on 16/01. Thanks all e mummies for e advices.
He is 3.765kg (lucky not as big as e gynea - Dr tho estimated 4kg) and my wife is relieve and touched after e heavy decision for c-section on e same day morning @Mt.E novena.
Now all safe and good.

Last but not least, Thks all mummies here again.

Relieved husband...

My Jan BB :)

Attachments

• 1421562857652.jpg
    1421562857652.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 283
  • 1421562877329.jpg
    1421562877329.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 252
  • 1421562891890.jpg
    1421562891890.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 266
Ya same !! Fart also got a bit of poo

N he only poo on clean diapers. .. that's means after I change the diaper then he poo... lol.. waste alot of diapers
Mine also 2 feed poo 1 times. Think abt 5-6 times . Isit fm nt suitable? Thought of changing cos nw taking similac. His poo only abit nia n yellowish.
He is 3.765kg (lucky not as big as e gynea - Dr tho estimated 4kg) and my wife is relieve and touched after e heavy decision for c-section on e same day morning @Mt.E novena.
Now all safe and good.

Relieved husband...
welcome Daddy!
Congrats and ask your wife to rest more

Sorry for the slow reply. At least that was what TMC told me; I can get the POSB gift from TMC (where I will deliver) although I indicated RH as the hospital when I signed up online.
I think e indication only for registration purpose not for goodies bag so shld be fine...now u rest well k k n wish u smooth delivery... :)

Just few mins of suction fr baby solve all the blocked ducts :) wonder adult can suck this good. Thinking of asking hubby to try :p at times really difficult to clear the blocked ducts just by massaging and pumping :( hv to keep using hot pack to soften the ducts and still it doesn't clear all.

Just few mins of suction fr baby solve all the blocked ducts :) wonder adult can suck this good. Thinking of asking hubby to try :p at times really difficult to clear the blocked ducts just by massaging and pumping :( hv to keep using hot pack to soften the ducts and still it doesn't clear all.

That gd... my nipple short so bb cant latch. Nw hard like stone. Lol

I mean no offense to your mum, but I feel it is a bad thing when another family member (even a parent/elder) comes in between a husband and wife relationship and says negative things. It is frankly, none of her business, she is not the one in the marriage, you are ! I myself suffer a great deal from the imaginary competition that my mum sets up with my MIL, so I hate family politics. Please don't let the things an "outsider" outside your marriage say affect your mood. It is already hard enough being a mum to a NB; you don't need to hear negative things about your marriage or hubby that are probably untrue anyway! You know your hubby better than anyone else, including your mum. It is only between you and your hubby (and no one else, not even parents!) to sort things out and come to an agreement on your respective roles and responsibilities. Hugs and I hope you feel better soon; it's not worth it getting upset over this and possibly straining your r/s with your hub.
Thanks babe. I felt the same way.. over the weekend hubs and I took care of bb ourselves. Tired we were definitely..but I could tell that hubs was trying his best. We also discussed getting a helper but I'm half hearted also cos you never know what kinda person she will be like..and of cos having to forgo our privacy. Anyone can recommend any maid agency? How will u all mummies cope when u all go back to work after ML?

Thanks babe. I felt the same way.. over the weekend hubs and I took care of bb ourselves. Tired we were definitely..but I could tell that hubs was trying his best. We also discussed getting a helper but I'm half hearted also cos you never know what kinda person she will be like..and of cos having to forgo our privacy. Anyone can recommend any maid agency? How will u all mummies cope when u all go back to work after ML?

my grandma promised to help me look after, but looking at her health, i think its impossible... helper not a way out for us ( space problem) so hubby suggest we bring baby to work (we both work for my dad, but the working place quite dusty coz its industrial area) ...

MIL already looking after my hubby bro's and sis's kids liao, n my mum working also ...

so we somehow have to think of some ways to look after ourselves until 18mths when he is ready to go for CC

sometimes i feel the kids nowadays so ke lian.. so young age have to be put in CC liao... some had to cry solong to adjust... poor thing..

my grandma promised to help me look after, but looking at her health, i think its impossible... helper not a way out for us ( space problem) so hubby suggest we bring baby to work (we both work for my dad, but the working place quite dusty coz its industrial area) ...

MIL already looking after my hubby bro's and sis's kids liao, n my mum working also ...

so we somehow have to think of some ways to look after ourselves until 18mths when he is ready to go for CC

sometimes i feel the kids nowadays so ke lian.. so young age have to be put in CC liao... some had to cry solong to adjust... poor thing..

Have you considered infant care?

Bb cannot latch... The lactation consultant at the hospital said it's impossible for my baby to latch cos I have short nipples?? I'm just 100% pumping...

Is the bedding set still available?

Hi I think I have short nipples too. Okay with latching leh.. just easy to get abrasion on nipples now.

Not available anymore.

Ya same !! Fart also got a bit of poo

N he only poo on clean diapers. .. that's means after I change the diaper then he poo... lol.. waste alot of diapers
Now all safe and good.

Relieved husband...
welcome Daddy!
Congrats and ask your wife to rest more
Is it too much pumping will lead to 'longer' nipples?
haha I think so.
My nipple don't look like mine anymore

@winnielove I also told hubby after giving birth the below is not mine anymore and breasts also not mine anymore, cannot feel anything now haha... very numb.

I tried latching baby but like very difficult, don't know is it I am doing the wrong way or she can't match properly.

Btw, mummies which brand diaper cream you using? I bought mustela but CL say not good... Need to change

As my bb has sensitive skin, my CL recommended using "Desitin" (Blue colour) and my mum helped me to get it from Watsons. I heard from my mum that there is a purple one too but when she asked the salesperson there they can't explain what's the difference.

I like that my CL uses water to wash bb buttocks after poo poo instead of using wet wipes, bb skin looks so much better with wash than with using wet wipes (saves $ too!)

Attachments

• IMG_7083.JPG
    IMG_7083.JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 186
@winnielove I also told hubby after giving birth the below is not mine anymore and breasts also not mine anymore, cannot feel anything now haha... very numb.

I tried latching baby but like very difficult, don't know is it I am doing the wrong way or she can't match properly.
My gal have problem latching too.. dunno why.. the nurses ask me to use nipple shield in the hosp and she van latch better...

Do u mummies sweat alot during confinement? I sweat like mad and cannot take it.. making me v piss and always thinking why do i hv to go thru this... argh..

UOTE="cuteowl, post: 7755551, member: 113874"]I pump at low power cause scared of stressing sore nipple too much.

Sometimes just supplement with formula. Dont stress yourself.[/QUOTE]
I'm already supplementing with FM but I guess I'm suffering from post natal blues. Anyone with experience with post natal blues? :(

My baby girl is very impatient. .. she tries for awhile but will start screaming till she gets milk from the bottle. ..

Last edited:
As my bb has sensitive skin, my CL recommended using "Desitin" (Blue colour) and my mum helped me to get it from Watsons. I heard from my mum that there is a purple one too but when she asked the salesperson there they can't explain what's the difference.

I like that my CL uses water to wash bb buttocks after poo poo instead of using wet wipes, bb skin looks so much better with wash than with using wet wipes (saves $ too!)

Im using the purple one.. Its more stronger i tink cuz higher percentage on the zinc oxide thingy.. My girl got very bad nappy rash last week, used drapolene but no use.. She screamed every time she pee cuz it 'burn' the rashes.. Used the purple desitin n it work magic.. The rashes got better overnight and she dont scream in pain anymore.. Now the rashes is almost healed, i still apply thin layer of the cream as prevention..

Now all safe and good.

Relieved husband...

Congratulations! Enjoy your handsome bb. :) Feel free to drop by to share your experiences and ask questions.

Im using the purple one.. Its more stronger i tink cuz higher percentage on the zinc oxide thingy.. My girl got very bad nappy rash last week, used drapolene but no use.. She screamed every time she pee cuz it 'burn' the rashes.. Used the purple desitin n it work magic.. The rashes got better overnight and she dont scream in pain anymore.. Now the rashes is almost healed, i still apply thin layer of the cream as prevention..
If the rash are Better switch to blue one .. Dun always use the purple one which is the strong one ..

Just asked my friend, she say Desitin creamy (blue packaging) is good for prevention... but not so effective as the purple version for actual rashes

Just asked my friend, she say Desitin creamy (blue packaging) is good for prevention... but not so effective as the purple version for actual rashes
Yup... I juz bought one of each at Guardian. Buy one get 2nd at 50% off...

I have the mustela one too... I think if bb no rashes can continue using...

The other one my CL recommended is Earth Mama Angel Baby Bottom Balm... It's non zinc oxide based, good for everyday use but slightly more exp...

I got dropolene for milder medication and blue densitin for stronger medication. Purple one is for actual rash, the previous two are for prevention.

Last edited:
Btw, mummies which brand diaper cream you using? I bought mustela but CL say not good... Need to change

I find mustela quite watery too. Recently I started using earth mama angel baby bottom balm daily because my baby poos more than 10 times a day. If she has a rash, i will use gaia natural baby skin soothing lotion. It's my personal favourite multi purpose lotion for the kids. I will save desitin original(purple) as last resort for stubborn rash as the ingredients are quite strong imo. :)

Do u mummies sweat alot during confinement? I sweat like mad and cannot take it.. making me v piss and always thinking why do i hv to go thru this... argh..
I sweat alot too. N it's very smelly. Maybe coz of what we eat.. or maybe during confinement we are suppose to expel dirty stuff ?

I can't take It so I shower everyday. I try to wash hair every alt days...

Purple one is extra strength... n the texture extra thick also.. usually blue one is enough liao...

Btw with the price at Watson(2oz) .. do u know if u buy online at smh bp or qoo10.. u can buy a 4oz at the same price.

Some mummies got it straight from some us site directly.. even cheaper...

UOTE="cuteowl, post: 7755551, member: 113874"]I pump at low power cause scared of stressing sore nipple too much.

Sometimes just supplement with formula. Dont stress yourself.
I'm already supplementing with FM but I guess I'm suffering from post natal blues. Anyone with experience with post natal blues? :([/QUOTE]

I am.. abit... I snap at almost everyone now very edgy... n I cried almost everyday. .. for no reason... sometimes I thinking why muz go through all these etc...

Think positive. It's a process we have to go through as our hormones are settling down.

Yup... I juz bought one of each at Guardian. Buy one get 2nd at 50% off...

I have the mustela one too... I think if bb no rashes can continue using...

The other one my CL recommended is Earth Mama Angel Baby Bottom Balm... It's non zinc oxide based, good for everyday use but slightly more exp...
Earth mama u get from I herb. Com cheaper

Desitin get from smh bp or qoo10. .. cheaper 50 %

I used Desitin blue for my 2 kids for actual rashes.. so far so good. But if rash is very bad I will get diaper cream from pd. Coz purple dun really work for my case

Same. Below will recover over time.
Mine still recovering. Prob need about a month to fully recover I think. Nipple so sore from all the pumping and latching. Haha
Latch must make sure timing is right.
Jiayou.!

I sweat alot too. N it's very smelly. Maybe coz of what we eat.. or maybe during confinement we are suppose to expel dirty stuff ?

I can't take It so I shower everyday. I try to wash hair every alt days...

I shower everday too but my mum doesnt allow me to wash hair so often.. sigh.. and the sweat in my hair doesn't dry off cos when its dry i swear again.. i keep crying to myself why am i so ke lian.. pple can go under shower as and when yet i can't...

Do u stay in air con room?

Sometimes just supplement with formula. Dont stress yourself.
I'm already supplementing with FM but I guess I'm suffering from post natal blues. Anyone with experience with post natal blues? :([/QUOTE]
I also keep crying.. esp ytd... cos i am sweating and feeling very pek chek...

Back