(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Hi Ruth! Congrats!!
Me tested yesterday morning positive.. to double confirm I tested again this morning.. hehe
This is my #2.. what about u?

Me too me too! Yeah mine was a slightly faint line..will test agn tmr.. But result shd not chg haha. This is #2 as well.. My first is a yr old. Urs?

My gal is 18 months..
The news is still sinking into my head! So excited & nervous at the same time

Congrats chapa! Yea u visited gynae so fast?? I plan my gynae visit in another 3 weeks time.. today I went to visit GP first n he juz prescribed me some pregnancy multi-vits for 1 month

Haha ur up so late?! i juz woke up..hungry..i tot of juz getting some folic acid..dun wanna visit the doc so early this time

Ruth I went to watch late night movie with hubby last night la.. I enjoyed the nacho n cheese more than the movie itself.. hehe

Wow chapa n lalaa u guys haf the same age babies.. Playmates! Congrats to us all:) but cuiling i agree tt we nd not see dr so early.. Cos its kinda like the usual.. Prenatal supplements...movie night.. So sweet

Hi all, I tested positive yesterday.
Third time round for me.
For me at least, I'm still hoping for a girl (my first 2 are boys). :)
Mixed feelings for myself and hubby, a little apprehensive cos obviously, 2 kids are hard enough to raise, and now we are going to have no. 3!
Hubby and I are kind of half-hearted, letting nature takes its course and we got lucky! :)

Hi everyone! Congrats to all. My EDD is around Jan 8 but I think should be earlier judging from past history. Nice to get to know all of you.

Hi all, I tested positive yesterday.
Third time round for me.
For me at least, I'm still hoping for a girl (my first 2 are boys). :)
Mixed feelings for myself and hubby, a little apprehensive cos obviously, 2 kids are hard enough to raise, and now we are going to have no. 3!
Hubby and I are kind of half-hearted, letting nature takes its course and we got lucky! :)

Totally understand your feelings! I feel an overwhelming sense of responsibility also.

Ruth, why don't see doc earlier this time? Lala, i also have a girl 18months *hi 5*
*hi 5* to u too chapa! :)
So both are kids will be same age! Was your #2 planned? For me decided to start trying n didn't know will hit jackpot on the 1st month itself.. lol

Can understand abt the overwhelming sense of responsibility.. With #2 itself I'm not sure if I can cope ok..

queen: I understand. 2 kids are driving me crazy. now with a 3rd one. but I have been planning for this. is yours planned too? my no.1 is boy and no. 2 is girl. I hope to have another girl too.

Me too.. Planned this time round.. And applaud u guys for trying for a third.. Its like so hard nowadays to handle so many.. Sch stress... Are all working mums?

I'm a working mum too n I think I'll die without my helper :p
I also prefer Jan baby.. jubilee baby.. hehe

I aim for jan baby. my daughter is apr baby like daddy and me. so we want to give my son who is a jan baby a sibling who shares the same month as him. funny reason hor.

Hi ladies, I tested positive on 27 April. This is my first pregnancy so I'm not sure if my EDD is Dec 2014 or Jan 2015. Fingers crossed it's January cause I'm a January baby too! Anyone staying around Punggol or has a Gynae to recommend? :)

I heard that #2 will usually earlier so have to keep talking to my baby since mama is also Jan baby. I'm not too keen in their jubilee stuffs leh

queen: I understand. 2 kids are driving me crazy. now with a 3rd one. but I have been planning for this. is yours planned too? my no.1 is boy and no. 2 is girl. I hope to have another girl too.

My oldest is already in Pri 3 and I'm turning 35 so hubby and I thought if we want no. 3, it'll have to be within these 2 years. Still we are 2 minds about it, so didn't really plan and just let nature takes its course. I have to say we are not particularly elated, maybe cos we weren't exactly trying or maybe it's not our first time but we do feel it's a blessing no matter what.
That said, I will close shop after no. 3!

ruthchow,
I'm full time working mum too and has no helper.
I'm very lucky to have supportive parents and in-laws to help take care of my boys after school and we will pick them up from my parents and in-laws after work.

Just FYI for first time mums, generally, there is no need to see gynae till 7 or 8 weeks cos quite often, the scan may not detect the fetus before 5 or 6 weeks as the fetus may be too small to show up clearly in the scan.
So I plan to see gynae only in 2 to 3 weeks' time.
In the meantime, importantly, just remember to take folic acid pills (can get 60 tablets at around $2+ from Guardian) and continue your usual multivits if you have them, otherwise, just remember to eat well and have a balanced diet.
There is no need to increase food intake too much, we just need some 300 calories or so more per day.

Wow queen u stay near both parents? I'm currently shuffling btw parents n in laws cos both wanna see their granddaughter. .like weekdays at my parents and weekends at in laws..I guess now it's ok cos she doesn't have sch..I dunno what to do when she grows older..

Thanks queen for the tips. I'm at 6 weeks today. Went to the Gynae and did a scan but could only see the sac. Next appointment is in 2 weeks. Hopefully will be able to hear the heartbeat by then.

Hahaha yes.. Its today..i dun really noe my edd yet..but last mensus was on 29march..u booked any appt yet?

Hi Ruth! my last menses was also on on 29march! this is my #1 (found out positive on 29 April)...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hi all, its been more than a week since I got my positive test and only dared to come here now. Glad to see so many members already in the group. The internet calculator says my EDD is 1 Jan so I guess I can well end up having a December baby, but 2015 baby will be good - Jubilee baby with special birth cert :) I'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed cos I've had 2 miscarriages after my No. 1 so I was very kiasu and went to see my obgyn once I had a positive test, but of course there was absolutely nothing to be done at that point. Waiting eagerly for the 6 weeks scan this Friday to hopefully see a heartbeat! Doesn't help that I caught gastric flu from my no.1 too and feeling like dying at the moment.

Take care reia.. Will pray for u..tc of urself in the meantime..
Hi 5 kwx! Im not gg to see the dr till 8 wks.. Hopefully can noe when is my edd.. I did one on 29 april but din test positive.. Think i ovulated later than u..

Back