(2014/08) August 2014

I am seeing my gynea at TMC and delivering there. My no.1 also same gynea.

I tried a trial pc for merries & goon. merries feels soft & comfy, very luxurious like that, but sadly doesn't contain my boy's poo well, also abit ex. goon is ok, slim cut & absorbent too, but only available at baby fairs & online, inconvenient to buy.

merries and goon are my first choice, mummypoko also bad too!

Me too.. Finished my cycle of antibiotics and went to see GP again, given another cycle of antibiotics.. But am refusing to take it... hope the cough gets better.. Trying all sorts of natural remedies now like honey lemon, manuka honey and even steam orange..

do your cough more at night or morning? with phlegm or without phlegm? just asking, the gp knows ur r preg b4 giving ur the med? need to be doubly sure...

Hi J. Lau,
FYI, if both husband and wife have the same type of thalassemia (alpha or beta), there is a chance that the baby might be a major thalassemia which can be determined via invasive test such as CVS/Amnio.
There are complications if the baby is a major and some decisions would need to be made.
However, the chances of both husband and wife to have the same type of thalassemia is rather slim in Singapore (except my husband and I).

I dunno if my husband have thalassemia because he is still finding his blood test report which he have done previously.
Neither do I know if I am alpha or beta thalassemia. So I guess only when I see my gynae on 18 March then perhaps he will tell me.

so you and ur husband and you have the same type of thalassemia? And what happen next?
I've read that you have to do amnio to check with the baby have that as well right?

I had a terrible cough during my 1st trimester and saw a TCM instead. She just gave me some acupuncture and information to watch my diet eg no chicken, eggs and drink Luohan drink.

Hi J.Lau,
Both my husband and I are alpha thalassemia minor.
So I did CVS test which is the earliest possible and more accurate test to determine whether the baby is a alpha major.
For our case, there is 25% chances the baby is normal, 50% alpha minor and 25% alpha major.
If the baby is a alpha major, very high chance the baby won't be able to survive.

do your cough more at night or morning? with phlegm or without phlegm? just asking, the gp knows ur r preg b4 giving ur the med? need to be doubly sure...

Initially started with sore throat. N green phlegm.. I was stubborn, seen doctor once didn't wanna go for antibiotics. Within 2 days, I was coughing badly till my phlegm has blood. Immediately went to see my GP again, then Kenna scolded for being stubborn, yes he does know I'm pregnant and keep reassuring me that some medications are safe. But as a first time mum, I'm skeptical about all these. Cuz some antibiotics are just class B FDA certified, to me nth is 100%. But then again already cough until so Jialat, so taking medication would be the wise choice.

I also very kiasu one, I emailed my gynae the medication names then also google. With he gynae green light then I go ahead with eating.

For bad cough, you may want to drink some almond water which can be bought from Chinese Medical Hall or Zheng Zhong Ping or Hock Hua.
If really need to take western meds, always inform GP you are pregnant or cross check with your gynea whether the meds can be taken. Get well soon mummies. The air smell bad, try to stay indoor as much as possible.

there's a fb page? can i join too? [email protected]

many thanks in advance!

for those who did their detailed scan already, can i know how much are the charges now? lost touch for too long already.. i am with dr benjamin tham in tmc =)
Wow there is a FB Group! Pls add me [email protected]

Chat soon

Ladies, I have added u in the fb group...& quite a number of them out there were invited by other members too...Pls check your email for the invite group name:-
"14 milocereal 08" & kindly update your details in the document so we know who is who.... :)

I have cravings for beef noodle (the hawker style, either soup or dry/gravy) but been holding back as I am afraid of chinese herbs used in the stock.

Anyone had hawker style beef noodle so far? Is it safe to eat?

Jo, thats good news.

Waiwish, i had hawker style beef noodles. Eat moderately shd be ok. My chinese sinseh only warn me to avoid Bak Kut Teh and "liang" food.

I have cravings for beef noodle (the hawker style, either soup or dry/gravy) but been holding back as I am afraid of chinese herbs used in the stock.

I just got this craving too!!!

Hi J.Lau,
Both my husband and I are alpha thalassemia minor.
So I did CVS test which is the earliest possible and more accurate test to determine whether the baby is a alpha major.
For our case, there is 25% chances the baby is normal, 50% alpha minor and 25% alpha major.
If the baby is a alpha major, very high chance the baby won't be able to survive.

so in a way, you have 75% chances that your baby is normal.
Am I right to say that?

Just got the fast test results back from my Amnio procedure. All 3 major chromosomes are normal! :) thank God! Confirmed it's boy so my son super happy now. Now is the agonising 2 weeks wait for the rest of the detailed results.

Happy news! Continue to find joy in your pregnancy.

Initially started with sore throat. N green phlegm.. I was stubborn, seen doctor once didn't wanna go for antibiotics. Within 2 days, I was coughing badly till my phlegm has blood. Immediately went to see my GP again, then Kenna scolded for being stubborn, yes he does know I'm pregnant and keep reassuring me that some medications are safe. But as a first time mum, I'm skeptical about all these. Cuz some antibiotics are just class B FDA certified, to me nth is 100%. But then again already cough until so Jialat, so taking medication would be the wise choice.

I also very kiasu one, I emailed my gynae the medication names then also google. With he gynae green light then I go ahead with eating.

that's very bad! too heaty in chinese terms. not so sure if u believe in that... can try to go medical hall and go for some natural remedies.. tat's what i did for my boy who is 2.

Ladies, I have added u in the fb group...& quite a number of them out there were invited by other members too...Pls check your email for the invite group name:-
"14 milocereal 08" & kindly update your details in the document so we know who is who.... :)

thanks for the invite!! i have updated my details! :)

Jo, thats good news.

Waiwish, i had hawker style beef noodles. Eat moderately shd be ok. My chinese sinseh only warn me to avoid Bak Kut Teh and "liang" food.

actually, i eat everything except raw food.. i try to avoid liang food but i still eat.. haha

Jo, thats good news.

I'm just afraid they use chinese herbs in the broth and gravy preparation which is why i am still hesitant.
Like the famous Hock Lam Beef Noodles, the service staff told me chinese herbs are used in their preparation. But he said he did see pregnant ladies eating at their shop....

Think it's just me being super scaredy cat.

In fact, i've been craving for beef noodles from these three places:
1. Lavender food square - the corner stall, really yumz
2. Toa Payoh Lorong 7 - famous beef stall with long q every lunch hour, near my office
3. Hock Lam Beef Noodle at far east square

Waiwish, if worry then dont eat first. Go for western sirloin steak or steamboat w beef as one of the ingredients. :)
I am hungry~~~ hahahahaha

Waiwish, if worry then dont eat first. Go for western sirloin steak or steamboat w beef as one of the ingredients. :)
I am hungry~~~ hahahahaha

But steak has to be medium rare to be nice, yet we cant have medium rare now. So that's a no go too...
Ok, i am really hard to please!!!

I really miss beef noodles....wish i have an ultrasound scanning machine at home like those blood pressure monitor. That way, i get to check baby is doing fine, after i had beef noodles!!! :)

@angelmh, tcm ok?? A lot of things we can't eat I thought? Such as Chuan Bei.. I used to take black plum and hornet when I got really bad, n my husband suggested Tt I take it this time. I'm just abit paranoid.. Not sure if I can..

Better to be safe than sorry.. I also miss my sashimi and champagne brunches. . All these can wait till much later

Actually I still eat a lot of things except sashimi and super power herbs like herbal chicken or herbal soup. I think herbs in beef noodle shld be quite mild? I have to satisfy my craving because I will get cranky if I don't which is also not healthy for baby :)

Me too.. Finished my cycle of antibiotics and went to see GP again, given another cycle of antibiotics.. But am refusing to take it... hope the cough gets better.. Trying all sorts of natural remedies now like honey lemon, manuka honey and even steam orange..
If you dare you can take "pi par gao". It sped up the recovery process for me.

I eat beef noodles too. And they say beef boost bb hair growth.

Just got the fast test results back from my Amnio procedure. All 3 major chromosomes are normal! :) thank God! Confirmed it's boy so my son super happy now. Now is the agonising 2 weeks wait for the rest of the detailed results.

Great news. Ask u ...The test we do ..can review the sex ??

congrats!! finally no need worry. :)

I only avoid raw food & alcohol. ate beef noodles, duck rice (with the black soup), ba kut teh, etc. so far seems ok leh. anyway why can't take ah? will have what problems ah?

Back