(2014/07) July 2014

lol.. My boys are mischievous and active too. Very tiring. For me, i had light spotting for #1, on MC for a week. #2, heavy bleeding and on hospitalization leave for 2 weeks. So, this round, I hope will be smooth. My gynae can deliver in all private hospital except Raffles. But he is based in GlenE, so hoping to deliver there..

Hmm.. Normally first tri, no tonic stuffs? Well, though is #3, still got lots to learn, esp on tonic stuffs and health food..

Hi moonchip and ethan_ethel,

Congrats to you both. I am same as both of you. Edd is early August but should be delivering in July instead.

Ethan_ethel, I didn't know there's non drowsy anti nausea pill. My nausea now is also very bad. Feeling sick through the day and throwing up gastric acid is horrible.

Moonchip, my gynae also in glen. Who is your gynae?

Yup, was hoping to treat this pregnancy differently... I was quite depressed for #1 n #2 due to constant nausea n vomitting.... N constantly worrying about this n that.... This time I told myself to relax n take it as it comes.. N wanted to eat well too, I think I neglected my diet for #2 and thus he was a bit premature at 36 weeks plus and only 2.35 kg.... Plus a host of other small health problems here n there..... But think whatever nutrients I take in first trimester might be useless if I vomit plus baby not stable.... Thus better to start tonics after week 20 I feel.....

Yup Ariadne, there are non drowsy ones, can ask ur gynae for it.....:)

Hello ariadne, thanks! Keep hydrated and take care.. My gynae is Dr John Yam.
Ethan, was thinking of starting around wk 16.. I am constantly worrying for both, but more for #2.. Yup, told myself to take it easy this round, but past experience is coming to haunt me..

And Adriadne, I think your case sounded like mine for #1 n #2, u have history of gastric problems? I thot that's the cause for me, so many small snacks/bites in between meals helps! Crux is not to let tummy get hungry... If no appetite, eat some plain crackers n drink 100 plus to prevent dehydration....hunger/fatigue/ dehydration worsens the nausea feeling...

Moon Chip, let's jia you together! Im trying to eat more fruits n veg now n start on the allowed Chinese tonic soups after week 20....think the gynae would be prescribing the multivitamins n stuff after week 16 must remind myself to take it diligently too!

l, post: 6603004, member: 37930"]hi all! joining e club w #2, edd 13 jul 14. pls add me to the FB group - [email protected]
Hi Serene, my edd also on 13 jul 14 and I will be delivering it at kkh. What abt you? My #1 is now 3yrs2mths[/quote]

Hi Reginemummy, wow same same edd.and I will be delivering it at Mt A.... My #1 girl is now 4 plus. Next year K1.

Hi mummies,
I'm at 7 weeks, EDD early August but think it is likely to be early in July as in the case of my 2 boys. This is my #3, hope it's a ger this round! I'm seeing Dr Caroline Khi from ACJ at TMC...
Can I join the FB group too - [email protected], thanks!

Hoping to hear the hearbeat at the next week 9 visit!
On MS, I have very bad MS to the extent of hospitalisation for dehydration in my previous pregnancies....subsequently Doc prescribed Zofran at $10 per pill , but it does not work wonders too...just had to endure the weeks... For non drowsy anti nausea medicine, there is stemetil...
Hi ethan_ethel, this is my #3 too! First two are boys. I am also at 7 weeks and next check up is at 9 weeks too! Lol. I am seeing gynae in Gleneagles. Gender doesn't matter, so long I have a smooth pregnancy and bb is normal and healthy. Pls add me to FB too - [email protected], thanks.

Hihi, had added u both in FB :) See u around !!

Hi can I ask does anyone experience bladder full but urine come out very slowly somehow like bit by bit.

Hi can I ask does anyone experience bladder full but urine come out very slowly somehow like bit by bit.

Yes but that happened only when I had very full bladder, eg overnight. Now I just go to the toilet more frequently and this problem went away. Also, we should watch out for UTI which can happen during pregnancy.

Yes but that happened only when I had very full bladder, eg overnight. Now I just go to the toilet more frequently and this problem went away. Also, we should watch out for UTI which can happen during pregnancy.

What is UTI. But now I feel my bladder is full but my urine just come out very slowly how huh. Not like normal days come out very 'shun Chang'. I sometimes got to sit at toilet bowl for an hour just to let the urine slowly come out especially in the night. Any cure for this?

Urinary Tract Infection. Is a type of infection which need anti-biotic, i guess.. Perhaps you might want to see your gynae on this?

Hello all mummies to be! I'm currently 11 weeks with Edd 10july!

This will be my first pregnancy and I'm kinda the first amongst my friends to a little nervous! Anyway, this came a little sooner than my hubby n I had planned cox we just got married in early oct :x.

Just wondering if anyone else has mood swings too? On some days I feel like I get super emo. In the past I don't usually get such bad mood swings/ emo but I'm not sure if it's everything coming together that is stressing me out. The moving-to-in-laws-place, being married, and getting a rounder waistline, getting lethargic from not being able to exercise. At 5 weeks I had slight spotting and recently, a little more again :(. I'm totally excited and happy to be expecting this little one but I really don't want to always be upset. Maybe a lack of sleep too?

Anyway, happy to have found this forum and to be able to hear from mums to be at the same stage! Able to add me to the fb group too? Thanks!

[ quote="gummyummy, post: 6629800, member: 154986"]Hello all mummies to be! I'm currently 11 weeks with Edd 10july!

This will be my first pregnancy and I'm kinda the first amongst my friends to a little nervous! Anyway, this came a little sooner than my hubby n I had planned cox we just got married in early oct :x.

Just wondering if anyone else has mood swings too? On some days I feel like I get super emo. In the past I don't usually get such bad mood swings/ emo but I'm not sure if it's everything coming together that is stressing me out. The moving-to-in-laws-place, being married, and getting a rounder waistline, getting lethargic from not being able to exercise. At 5 weeks I had slight spotting and recently, a little more again :(. I'm totally excited and happy to be expecting this little one but I really don't want to always be upset. Maybe a lack of sleep too?

Anyway, happy to have found this forum and to be able to hear from mums to be at the same stage! Able to add me to the fb group too? Thanks![/quote]

Congrats! I'm 11 weeks tomorrow with edd 11 July so one day behind u. :)

Hi Ladies, can someone advice on the Down syndrome test suggested by docs in Singapore to everyone inbetween 12 to 14 weeks.

It's a personal choice. But my gynae says 70% of her patients go for it. If you are below 30 years I believe the odds for DS are 1 in 800. U can choose not to go for the test since your odds are low given your age. The test includes a blood test and ultrasound test to measure the space under baby's neck and the baby's nasal bone. The results will give you the odds that baby has DS. If it's 1 in 250, your odds are high and u can decide whether to go for amniocentesis which carries a risk to baby.

You can google OSCAR test for more/ more accurate info!

Hi Ladies, can someone advice on the Down syndrome test suggested by docs in Singapore to everyone inbetween 12 to 14 weeks.
Recently besides OSCAR test, there is also another non-invasive test (Harmony Test/DNA Test). The result is 99% accurate as compared to OSCAR test which is 90% accurancy. But of course the price is also xxx more expensive (OSCAR is about $300+ Harmony Test is about $2k).

What is UTI. But now I feel my bladder is full but my urine just come out very slowly how huh. Not like normal days come out very 'shun Chang'. I sometimes got to sit at toilet bowl for an hour just to let the urine slowly come out especially in the night. Any cure for this?
I kanna that too. Gynae perscribe a course of antibotics which is safe for pregnancy term. After that the problem goes away. Then I also tried drinking cranberry juice. If yours confirmed UTI, then need to get it treated before it causes kidney infection. Take care!

Hi
Anyone has taken a trip to Bintan during pregnancy. ..
My office is taking us on a retreat to Bintan on 7th mar.
I will be 21 weeks then....I thinking of declining....because of the ferry ride
Any advise

snow19, u got to watch out for this. I have the same problem and was hospitalised twice as I feel I have full bladder but totally cant pee at all. 1st time, hospital claimed it was uti and had to be on cathether n drainage to drain the pee. There after, they prescribe me with antibiotics. 4 days after I was discharged, happened again. Drained the pee n allowed me to go home. Unfortunately, the next day, history repeated and was admitted again. This time they gave me various reasons. Say could be due to infections, could be due to pregnancy that the womb is pressing on the bladder, could oso be the fibroids I have all along.

If u dun feel well, better go to kkh 24hr o&g clinic and they can advise u better.

Hi girls, sorry to crash in here… Ive just given birth and I have some items to sell…wonder if you girls interested.

WTS: Preloved Maternity belly support belt.
Bought from Maternity Exchange for S$69. Beige colour, M-LL size (78-120cm) Good condition. Letting go at S$35.00. Interested please pm me. Self Collection at Chinatown

WTS: Pre-loved Sonoline B Ultrasound Fetal Heartrate Monitor
This doppler is an early term and general purpose Doppler probe. It will work very well through most full term pregnancies. This doppler can pick up baby's heartbeat as early as 8-10 weeks gestation. Bought it at USD88.48. Am selling it now at S$65.00 (Non Negotiable). Well kept condition. Will give a half use bottle of aloe vera gel for scanning. Interested please PM me. Self collection at Chinatown

WTS: Pre-loved Snoogle Leachco Total Body Pregnancy Pillow
The Snoogle is uniquely designed to follow the natural contour and shape of your body from head to toe. Perfect for sleeping and relaxing
100% Polyester fiber-fill
Patented full body pillow design supports back and belly, tucks between legs
Uniquely contoured especially to help moms to be prevent heartburn and lower back problems
Cozy, cuddly polyester pillow for firm support
Helps expecting moms sleep; Perfect for support while nursing after baby is born. Dimension: 60 x 24.8 x 7.2 inches
Bought at USD90, use for almost 4 months, selling now at S$60.00 (non negotiable). Interested please PM me. Self Collection at Chinatown

WTS: Brand new Healing Bottom Spray from little dreamers.
This wonderful blend of lavender, chamomile, witch hazel and aloe vera works well in healing bruising and stitches in the perineal area. Soothes delicate, irritated or torn skin. An essential product after childbirth, use this spray on your bottom area after urination or bathing. Serves as a gentle, effective wound and skin cleanser too!
Original price S$15.90, letting go at S$10.00. Self collection at chinatown. Interested please PM me.
Bottom Balm.jpeg Maternity Belt 1.jpeg Snoogle.jpeg Sonoline 1.jpeg Sonoline 1.jpeg

Hi Mummies,
My EDD is also in July...kindly add me to FB [email protected]
Thank you!
Hi MTB!!!

I'm a first time mummy and currently into my 12th week! Can add me on the FB group? :) please add me [email protected]

Hi mummies, I'm expecting my 2nd, 1st baby is 16 months old now. :)

Please add me on FB too! :)
[email protected]

Added u mummies.. the rest i cant add as someone had already added u.
See ya ard in the thread :)

Back