(2014/07) July 2014

Hi!

I'm expecting my #3 :) have 2 girls and am in my 12th week now.. EDD 26 July..

a bit stressed now cos just move house and am only 3 mths into my new job :/ Fingers crossed!

Pls add me on FB too! my email is [email protected]

Thank You! :)

Hi,

Pls add me on FB my email is [email protected]. I requested before buy never receive any notification. Thanks

This week is my week 12th. Edd 31 July. Morning sickness has subsided alot after a month of nauseous feeling and lost appetite. No more vomitting and gaining appetite.

Btw, anyone experienced of slight on off twitching pain at lower abdomen? No spotting or bleeding.

Since most of us r into 2nd tri now. Have u all announced to colleagues and boss?? Currently my baby bump is not showing yet. It looks like a lil tummy only

Hi,

Pls add me on FB my email is [email protected]. I requested before buy never receive any notification. Thanks

This week is my week 12th. Edd 31 July. Morning sickness has subsided alot after a month of nauseous feeling and lost appetite. No more vomitting and gaining appetite.

Btw, anyone experienced of slight on off twitching pain at lower abdomen? No spotting or bleeding.

Since most of us r into 2nd tri now. Have u all announced to colleagues and boss?? Currently my baby bump is not showing yet. It looks like a lil tummy only

Hi!

My MS is still on and off :( been vomiting with streaks of blood towards the end of each "session". GP say it's normal, cos throat is irritated. Told gynae, he checked to make sure no hole in Forgot where.. Say roughly give it another 2 wks, if the blood thingy doesn't subside have to let him know. Slight weight drop from 55kg to 53kg..

Some of my colleagues made guesses and I told them but have yet to inform my manager and boss.. Not sure how they will react. Was under MOE when I was preggy with my #1&#2, so could take 2 wks H.L to rest. Now cos still under probation, if take MC, deduct pay :(

Hi mummies who just joined the thread. For those who have still not yet received any FB notification on joining the july mummies group on FB, it would be a lot easier for everyone if you can send me a friend request on FB. Lena Chen (wearing purple shiny top) and let me know you want to join the group. Then I can directly add you to the group and that method is the most foolproof. There are many mummies who have been added using email addresses but they still say that they don't get any FB notifications so I think it's prob a FB issue or something to do with your settings. Hope this helps! Look forward to seeing you all in the FB group. It's very active, lots to share!

PS: Please PM me when you request to be friends on FB to let me know you want me to add you to the group, cos I usually don't accept requests from pple I don't know. :)

my email address for FB is [email protected] :)

btw those who are expecting your no 2 or 3, do you have caregiver? If don't have how you all cope?

I'm expecting #3, I have a domestic helper but she's on home leave, so now my MIL fly over to help. My #1 currently in full day childcare, #2 I've yet to find suitable playgroup for her as Punggol's centres are mostly full, doesn't help when there are many dragon babies around. Lol.

Die die must find one ctr before I pop.. Else my maid contract till end of this yr only :/ not sure if she will want to continue with us though. Already up her salary to $550, with 2 off days as she has school.

my email address for FB is [email protected] :)

btw those who are expecting your no 2 or 3, do you have caregiver? If don't have how you all cope?

I'm expecting #2 and with no helper and no parents or in-law to help me. I guess we survive alright because my husband helps out with house chore when he gets home. Some things just gotta drop our standard or expectations. Cleanliness is no more like last time. Bought an iRobot to help to clean the house and mop every few days.

ginack wow envy you, 3 kids!! So nice!! erm.. maybe you want to sound her out or start looking for one just in case she throw letter to you last min??

mini misfits your current situation is about the same as mine!! How old is your no 1. I also got no helper, got FIL at home but he stays in his room the whole day watching tv.. mil pass away when hubby finished his army. Yap my hubby help me wash clothes/hang clothes, he iron his own clothes and help me wash dishes when I'm too tired. I agree standard of expectations got to drop. But I have been "training" my 2yr old to help me with basic household chores like throw rubbish, clear her own toys, etc... just hope it will be smoother when no 2 comes.
I'm still using normal vacuum cleaner.
Actually was planning to invest a cooker which I can prepare food in the morning and come back with dinner, but what holding me back is whether the nutrients will be lost a not in such a long cooking hours even though they are just using the heat to cook the food.
Coz I'm still preparing dinner almost every weekdays after I come back from work, so no idea how "sticky" my no 2 will be if I need an hr to cook my dinner

My daughter is 26 months now. Yes yes! I let my daughter help me out even if she doesn't do a good job so that one day she and her dad can take over the house chores and I can shake leg *evil grin* LOL.. She also loves to help so it is a bonus!

The cooker you're talking about is slow cooker? No worries about lost nutrients because it is on low heat all the way. I guess it is a little like double boiled method. I used to put everything in (especially soup) and come home to a ready meal. In fact I find that using slow cooker to cook soup, the soup has a richer taste. Or prepare all the ingredients over the weekend when your hubby looks after your toddler. Prepare a few portions, chop everything up, put them in a ziplock bag or container and freeze them. I used to prepare 1-2 portions of steamed minced pork with eggs. So I marinate the minced pork first, keep them in the freezer. Put one portion in the fridge compartment below to thaw in the morning and after getting home, I mixed the eggs in and steam. No doubt food prepared in advance will lose some of its nutrients but home cooked food is anytime better :) Salute you for still cooking! I haven't been cooking for a while because with the morning sickness I don't even know what I want to eat.

I'm expecting #3, I have a domestic helper but she's on home leave, so now my MIL fly over to help. My #1 currently in full day childcare, #2 I've yet to find suitable playgroup for her as Punggol's centres are mostly full, doesn't help when there are many dragon babies around. Lol.

Die die must find one ctr before I pop.. Else my maid contract till end of this yr only :/ not sure if she will want to continue with us though. Already up her salary to $550, with 2 off days as she has school.

Whoa!! Already up to $550 per month. Expensive but I hope she is good.

mini misfits wah your girl is same age as mine!! ya i agree they don't really do a good job but most importantly is she don't throw temper, don't ka jiao me when I'm trying to cook a decent meal. She play with my veg, massage the fish i also don't care hahaha.. at least she know what is food about..

Not really slow cooker, it seems quite popular nowadays, those cooker u just out in the stove for awhile, te heat will retain inside and continue to cook the food for few hours. Normally if my husband around I will ask him to bring my daughter go cycle first while i do chop chop cooking, coz he is not always home on time.
ya totally agree home cooked food is still the best, my appetite is also not very good, the most comfort food for me now is porridge and noodle with nothing.. -.-" but at least i can swollow more with my home cook food.
I will fall sick if I keep eating outside food.

ginack nowadays getting a maid is like more and more ex hur!! and so many rules now.... thats one of the reason I don't want to get maid. by the way, have you put ur daughter in waiting list? Like now, I'm coming to 13 weeks, I'm going down to IFC to Q my daughter already! Almost couldn't get a IFC for my 1st girl when my ML is up and we are already on waiting list when my girl is 4 months in my tummy. Because hubby didn't follow up and the IFC happen to miss out our request. So best is keep calling or 'show concern" to the school you want your daughter to be in.

Oh that one. I think that is useful. Save gas too. Yea, some days I stand in front of the stalls and really don't know what to eat.

Kudos to you that you let her play with that. Some might complaint that it is messy and gotta clean up after that but you're right, it is good 'cos next time she'll learn to cook also and children learn by playing too :)

Whoa!! Already up to $550 per month. Expensive but I hope she is good.

Yes she's awesome! She came with zero knowledge in cooking but she was very good at housework. Thank goodness she is willing to learn, now she can cook with whatever ingredients she can find. And during her off days she will go Sekolah Indonesia of Singapore to study English and computer (Top in level!) No nonsense & she love my girls! That's why she's a keeper! Luckily she agreed to stay on for another yr (didn't know I will be pregnant!) hur

Thanks missyqiqi! oh btw.. congrats to all mommies here!
My gynae delivers in Thomson but seems like she can deliver in Mt Alvernia too.. will ask her again..

welcome and congrats @Vienne Neo !!

wah seems like i'm the only one in KKH?? didn't really look very detail in the whole thread.. >.<

Welcome Vienne!

Missyqiqi, I used to go kkh for #1&2 cos gynae stationed there. Now he is out to open his own clinic at novena medical.. And he can't go back kkh to deliver -.-" so no choice will have to choose btw mt A, E, Thomson etc :/ maybe I will go Thomson.. Since there are many raves and price seems reasonable heh

btw, due to my first pregnancy, this time round I'm planning to do pre-natal pilates for my current pregnancy. Planning to do it after CNY, trying to find instructor come my place in Serangoon near lorong chuan mrt. not planning go down studio coz I think my hubby will stress out driving to and fro with me and my girl without care giver. Anyone interested??

So far the best rates is by Inspiredmum, $300 for 10 sessions, but they need at least 6 ppl to start the class, and so far including myself I got 2 person KIV 1. Can msg me if any mommies is interested 90080960
Planning for weekday evening or sat afternoon

interested! but can only do sat afternoon class as weekdays gonna work and working hrs may be unpredictable. :)

Hi sisters,

I am new to this forum and I just passed my 12th week and overjoyed that I am officially in my 2nd trimester! Yay! Expecting my first baby so I hope the experienced mummies here can share valuable insights with this newbie. =)

Hi Lena/Mrsgg, I will look for you on FB to join in the conversation. My email is [email protected] Thanks!

Missyqiqi, my parents stay in Serangoon and I don’t mind taking up plates class (preferable Tues evening). Let me know if the class is going on. Hee!

I really need your advice - I would like to travel to US in March and I read online that it is ok to travel as long as there are no complications. But my gynae (Dr Cheng from TMC) doesnt seem to approve of it (I actually didnt hear from Dr Cheng directly but is the nurse, Catherine who told me so).
Thus I really want to hear from real people – would you travel 15-17hours when you are pregnant?

Hi sisters,

I am new to this forum and I just passed my 12th week and overjoyed that I am officially in my 2nd trimester! Yay! Expecting my first baby so I hope the experienced mummies here can share valuable insights with this newbie. =)

Hi Lena/Mrsgg, I will look for you on FB to join in the conversation. My email is [email protected] Thanks!

Missyqiqi, my parents stay in Serangoon and I don’t mind taking up plates class (preferable Tues evening). Let me know if the class is going on. Hee!

I really need your advice - I would like to travel to US in March and I read online that it is ok to travel as long as there are no complications. But my gynae (Dr Cheng from TMC) doesnt seem to approve of it (I actually didnt hear from Dr Cheng directly but is the nurse, Catherine who told me so).
Thus I really want to hear from real people – would you travel 15-17hours when you are pregnant?
I think is perfectly ok if no complications... I travelled to Europe when I was not even 3 mths... Just be careful..

I'm expecting my 1st baby. My edd is 27 july. Please add me to fb group. My email is [email protected]
Thanks in advance.

Coming to 16th week but still experience morning sickness.. hope it will go away soon..

Can I ask a question, how to conceive the 2nd bb after u have given birth to the first bb. I was told if still breast feeding then the chances are low. But I wish to breast feed n hope to conceive the 2nd bb. Any advice

Hi mummies, I have a question here.. is it OK or have any mummies straighten hair before during pregnancy? I'm in my 2nd tri...

Can I ask a question, how to conceive the 2nd bb after u have given birth to the first bb. I was told if still breast feeding then the chances are low. But I wish to breast feed n hope to conceive the 2nd bb. Any advice
I heard from my colleague that is it not true that you can't get pregnant when breast-feeding. She got pregnant while still breast-feeding. Hope this helps.

Nope, display pic still the same. I have sent you a friend request but only cos you have tried finding me on FB and couldn't. :)

To mummies who just joined this thread, pls feel free to add me as a friend on FB (Lena Chen - purple/black top) if you wish to join the July mummies group on FB. This is the only completely foolproof method as in the past, when some of us tried to add mummies here using their emails, a lot of them feedback tt they don't receive any FB notifications and we cannot do anything else to help them, cos once the email is added, the status remains as pending. Further attempts to add using the same email will not make a difference. It's also a bit tiresome for us (or at least me) to have to keep responding to requests here and having to follow up with them when they do not receive FB notifications. Easiest and most efficient way is for you to be part of my FB network (or any mummies already in FB grp) and I can add you directly into the group, confirm sure in. :)

Hi mummies, I have a question here.. is it OK or have any mummies straighten hair before during pregnancy? I'm in my 2nd tri...
Hi Vienne, I will be rebonding my hair soon. I checked with my long time hair stylist and he says for colouring and rebonding, just make sure your salon does not use products with formaldehyde and avoid applying it on the scalp. Anyway rebonding cannot be done on the scalp so he ll ldo an inch from the scalp.

Whatever product that is applied to our skin or scalp will be absorbed into our blood stream and we don't know how much is absorbed that will cause any harm.

Guess can opt for salon that uses organic products instead?

Hello! Good on you to continue breastfeeding and trying to conceive. Of course you can conceive while breastfeeding. If you want a quicker way, it is to buy those ovulation kit and measure your most fertile period. My ex colleague conceived her third baby without even having her menstruation back yet and she used ovulation kit.

Good luck :)

Will stress affect the bb? I felt stressful at work n very easily get stress up over work. I m easily kan cheong. Once stress, i cry... I cannot control my emo. Worried too much things, perhaps...

Will stress affect the bb? I felt stressful at work n very easily get stress up over work. I m easily kan cheong. Once stress, i cry... I cannot control my emo. Worried too much things, perhaps...

Yes stress is one of the reason hard to have bb I quit my job last yr mar just to concentrate on ivf n be stress less

Try to listen to some pre-natal music, it helps you to unwind and also helps to stimulate baby's senses. :)

Any ideA when doing confinment any rules need to follow strict like eg if I want to cure my migraine am I suppose not to wash my hair during that 1 mth of confinement? N when slpping is it better to on the aircon then ceiling fan?

Back