(2014/05) May 2014

For mummies who latch n express, do babies refuse to let u bottletfeed? I recall for #1, die due Wanted me to latch, only accepted bottles fr other family mbrs...

Mine dun want me to put him to bed. Every time want to suckle. Now I can't even put him in the cot for 15min. Sure wake up.

Can also. But if you breastfeed it will go down really quickly. Breastfeeding burns calories really quickly. I've already lost weight until less than pre-preg weight and can even wear my pants that I couldn't wear before I was pregnant!

I dun have ley. Perspire a lot after each pumping. But I think I oso eat a lot. Keep feeling v hungry.

Gt difn number meh?
Tt x i also only found tis n call til pekchek

There is. Cos last time I called central number took very long so I went down in person to make appt. That's when they (at least for Bedok polyclinic) told me I can call them direct. It's just that I dun remember where I got the number from. Guess with the power of Google, should be able to find?

I reckon if you explain nicely to ppl that you really can't get thru the main line they will help.

Can also. But if you breastfeed it will go down really quickly. Breastfeeding burns calories really quickly. I've already lost weight until less than pre-preg weight and can even wear my pants that I couldn't wear before I was pregnant!
So envy!!! I have been eating so little and been putting on binder on my own, tummy still very big!I feel so lost duno what can i do about it, i think still cannot do cardio now as its only been 1 mth 1 week.Went shopping for bigger clothes (sad!), so shocked to find out i need size 8 instead of my usual size 4!!! Im going mad!!!

My mom ask me to continue my massage... will it help?

So envy!!! I have been eating so little and been putting on binder on my own, tummy still very big!I feel so lost duno what can i do about it, i think still cannot do cardio now as its only been 1 mth 1 week.Went shopping for bigger clothes (sad!), so shocked to find out i need size 8 instead of my usual size 4!!! Im going mad!!!

My mom ask me to continue my massage... will it help?
I think also coz I didn't quite gain weight with this pregnancy. So lose faster. Not sure if massage helps coz never done it before. But I guess our hips tend to take a while to shrink back to original size.

I think also coz I didn't quite gain weight with this pregnancy. So lose faster. Not sure if massage helps coz never done it before. But I guess our hips tend to take a while to shrink back to original size.
yAH the hip has expanded...didnt realise until i couldnt fit into my pants... hope this is temporary. I couldnt recall how was it with my first kid...goggled online and many said expanded hips wont shrink, hope im one lucky one. Think when can start cardio shd be better lah...i hope.

Hai...every night bb will be wide awake from 11plus pm...all the way till 1plus am...when will this stop!!!!so tiring...

yAH the hip has expanded...didnt realise until i couldnt fit into my pants... hope this is temporary. I couldnt recall how was it with my first kid...goggled online and many said expanded hips wont shrink, hope im one lucky one. Think when can start cardio shd be better lah...i hope.

Hai...every night bb will be wide awake from 11plus pm...all the way till 1plus am...when will this stop!!!!so tiring...
How many weeks is your LO now? My hips went back for both. Let LO stay more awake during day. Your LO do fm right? If so, let him drink more during the 10+ feed

Those who finish confinemt n handling baby on ur own liao..share sm steps for baby bath? I hav forgotten..lik wen u clean baby eyes..with wat..cotton ball etc. Whr else to clean?
Tmr mrn then goin to c CL do.

How many weeks is your LO now? My hips went back for both. Let LO stay more awake during day. Your LO do fm right? If so, let him drink more during the 10+ feed
He is 5weeks+, didn't dare to let him drink too much cuz for normal feed he's alrdy throwing up.
I was skinnier than pre preg for #1, but that was 8yrs bk. now at my age everything goes slower... Wonder how Victoria beckam does it.
Those who finish confinemt n handling baby on ur own liao..share sm steps for baby bath? I hav forgotten..lik wen u clean baby eyes..with wat..cotton ball etc. Whr else to clean?
Tmr mrn then goin to c CL do.
I couldn't bath bb cuz of my wrist pain...but I observed CL, she uses my makeup cotton pad to clean bb eyes...ears...nose..total 5pcs of cotton pad. Then wet a hankie with plain water...clean bb gums... Tongue.

He is 5weeks+, didn't dare to let him drink too much cuz for normal feed he's alrdy throwing up.
I was skinnier than pre preg for #1, but that was 8yrs bk. now at my age everything goes slower... Wonder how Victoria beckam does it.

I couldn't bath bb cuz of my wrist pain...but I observed CL, she uses my makeup cotton pad to clean bb eyes...ears...nose..total 5pcs of cotton pad. Then wet a hankie with plain water...clean bb gums... Tongue.
Gums n tongue also mus clean ah

Hi mommies, I've been reading for a while now. My baby is 1 week old today.
Wanted to bf exclusively but gave in and supplemented with fm on the 4th day.
My cl said tht she supports bf but insisted tht baby is not getting enough milk frm me & said tht i shld supplement with fm while i try to build up my supply.
I tried pumping but could only yield a few drops. Hand expressed and if i'm lucky, i get about 10ml.
Am i using the pump wrongly?
Littlelamb, how long did it take u to build up ur supply? U pump every 3hrs throughout the day?

My cl said tht she supports bf but insisted tht baby is not getting enough milk frm me & said tht i shld supplement with fm while i try to build up my supply.
I tried pumping but could only yield a few drops. Hand expressed and if i'm lucky, i get about 10ml.
Littlelamb, how long did it take u to build up ur supply? U pump every 3hrs throughout the day?

Well done!1st wk get 10ml is about there. But keep latching n expressing n supply will increase. Dun feel bad abt supplementing with fm since alrdy done. but if u still prefer exclusive bf, latch on demand ( could b 2 hrly or less) & express after latching. Massage boobs before latch/ express.

Personally I think 1st wk hard to pump cos end up stain pump n didn't collect much. so I also hand expressed n only started pumping fr 2nd wk onwards.

Ya key is dun give up. I jud crossed my 1wk mark 3 days ago. The bf process for 1st wk is oso v stressful for me. I have peoblem latching my bb coupled with pains from my stitches n lack of zz. Wanted to give up but a good thing I didn't. It jus takes time for everythjng to build up n ur body to adjust. The encouragement from the mummies here oso help cos I rmb someone says the first wk was the worst (engorgement, low supply, sore nipples etc). Jus dun give up.

Like wat the mummies advice, try to pump more often to build up supply. I think it does help cos initally I was pumping 4hrly until they told me supply can be affected by no. Of times u pump. I tried to stick to 3hrly schedule the whole of yesterday (except night feed where I skip one feed cos I still have problem waking up in the wee hrs). True to wat they say, the amt I pump out on a daily basis is more if I do it diligently on 3hrly schedule.

Hi hi! As what stormie says, 10ml is great work already!! I think it was thereabouts for me too.

I think a key to building supply each pump is also the time you pump. Spend a bit longer time if the yield is low. First few weeks I only spent like 10 to 15 mins then I slowly increased to 20 mins. I also would express after latching to empty the breasts.

Takes a lot of diligence but that helps to build supply and reduce chances of engorgement. Other then fluids, oatmeal also kinda helps I feel. Most importantly, you cannot have blocked ducts.

You can feel hard lumps in your breasts if you have them. Coz they will cause you to have low supply and if you let it stay there, may worsen and cause mastitis. And as I always share with the moms here, there's nothing wrong in supplementing fm if you feel baby is not getting enough after latching or expressing.

Especially in initial stages. Coz sometimes our milk also doesn't come in fast enough. As long as you offer BM first and then supplement with fm and not the other way around.

Coz when you offer fm and then baby takes remaining on BM, that will also cause supply to go low coz the breasts will then be trained to think that's all it needs to produce.

Ya key is dun give up. I jud crossed my 1wk mark 3 days ago. The bf process for 1st wk is oso v stressful for me. I have peoblem latching my bb coupled with pains from my stitches n lack of zz. Wanted to give up but a good thing I didn't. It jus takes time for everythjng to build up n ur body to adjust. The encouragement from the mummies here oso help cos I rmb someone says the first wk was the worst (engorgement, low supply, sore nipples etc). Jus dun give up.

Like wat the mummies advice, try to pump more often to build up supply. I think it does help cos initally I was pumping 4hrly until they told me supply can be affected by no. Of times u pump. I tried to stick to 3hrly schedule the whole of yesterday (except night feed where I skip one feed cos I still have problem waking up in the wee hrs). True to wat they say, the amt I pump out on a daily basis is more if I do it diligently on 3hrly schedule.

So happy to see you persevering and doing so well! Jia you!!

Thanks all.. I'm going to discharge today.. But advised by PD, baby might develop jaundice cos he follow daddy's blood group (A). PD suggest dat I shd alt feed between FM and BM cos TBF will definitely make e jaundice level higher.. I'm in a dilemma cos I tot of TBF initially.

Thanks all.. I'm going to discharge today.. But advised by PD, baby might develop jaundice cos he follow daddy's blood group (A). PD suggest dat I shd alt feed between FM and BM cos TBF will definitely make e jaundice level higher.. I'm in a dilemma cos I tot of TBF initially.
Yes that's what people say. Especially if it's breastmilk jaundice. It will not help. But we still continue to give breastmilk. I suppose yours is physiological jaundice.

Given blood type is different, breastmilk might make jaundice stay. But still try to keep feeding so that baby can pass out the bilirubin out from the stools. Especially

I think tt day we were talking abt the possibilities y jaundice rite..

I was saying mine is BM baby.
N actly me n hubby same blood grp,bth kids exactly same too

Ystd i start confinement food again.last nite gastric again.
Cl hear me burp alot of wind, she suspect me is 痛风, might nt b too heaty.
She say goin to make the ginger juice to my dishes instead of jus ginger pc since i nvr eat ginger.
Gosh 4more days b4 she leave hipe i ok soon

She say goin to make the ginger juice to my dishes instead of jus ginger pc since i nvr eat ginger.
Rainbowzstarz,
Since u dun eat ginger slice, why not u asked yr cl to cut the ginger into small small pcs, then try to fry it? It will be vry delicious and crispy,like what my cl did..in this way u ll eat more ginger..i dun take ginger slide like u too..but i find eating in this way is yummy..

Rainbowzstarz,
Since u dun eat ginger slice, why not u asked yr cl to cut the ginger into small small pcs, then try to fry it? It will be vry delicious and crispy,like what my cl did..in this way u ll eat more ginger..i dun take ginger slide like u too..but i find eating in this way is yummy..
Haha she gt fry i only eat abit.i dun lik ginger ..unles its soup wif tangyuan.whahah

Urs 28 days arh? Y full mth le she still here?

I think at this stage they really keep sleeping during day and staying awake at night. Have to slowly move their hours. Have you tried offering pacifier instead?

Yes, we tried are trying still with pacifier... He will suck for a while then start grumbling while sucking it franticall till eventually he start to cry...

Yes, we tried are trying still with pacifier... He will suck for a while then start grumbling while sucking it franticall till eventually he start to cry...
My LO is also like that and I realized its coz he's still hungry. So i offer some milk and then he goes to sleep well after that. Sometimes it could also be he has gas and needs to let it out so he struggles with pacifier.

I am exactly 4 weeks postpartum today....n still can't fit my pants :/

I knew I had gained a lot of weight on the scales.... But didn't realise so much! My shorts weren't exactly small to begin with.

My LO is also like that and I realized its coz he's still hungry. So i offer some milk and then he goes to sleep well after that. Sometimes it could also be he has gas and needs to let it out so he struggles with pacifier.

He is rather gassy... Farting a lot and tend to have reflux...

Am gonna be alone with the 3 kids starting tomorrow. Think gonna be a challenge to squeeze in house cleaning but will be praying for stamina.... Also looking forward to burn some calories finally as my mum has been doing most chores this past month..

Jia you together !!

Am gonna be alone with the 3 kids starting tomorrow. Think gonna be a challenge to squeeze in house cleaning but will be praying for stamina.... Also looking forward to burn some calories finally as my mum has been doing most chores this past month..

Jia you together !!
Wow! Jia you!am sure u can do it!

I am exactly 4 weeks postpartum today....n still can't fit my pants :/

I knew I had gained a lot of weight on the scales.... But didn't realise so much! My shorts weren't exactly small to begin with.
I still have 8kg to go... Duno how to slim down n get rid of the tummy...getting stress Liao worry go bk wrk cannot fit into my dresses....hai....

I still have 8kg to go... Duno how to slim down n get rid of the tummy...getting stress Liao worry go bk wrk cannot fit into my dresses....hai....
Haha i wil nt go weigh myself de.no weighin machine at hm been avoiding harsh truths all these yrs.
But nxt mth go gynae checkup then go weigh weigh c hw.haha better got lose weight otherwis my gynae wil disturb me.keke

Back