(2014/04) April 2014

Hi mummies, I am expecting my 1st baby in April too.. Been vomiting after every meal and super tired. Do you ladies still go to work when suffering the same symptoms? Totally dread dragging myself to work. Gg for my gynae check up this Friday.. Can add me into the fb group too? Email add : [email protected] . thanks!

Hi mummies, I'm currently pregnant with my #3. Tested positive with home pregnancy kit on 15/08/13. Base on my last menstrual date (10/07/13), now I should be abt 7-8 weeks pregnant and due on 17 April 2014. I had my 1st check up and scanning yesterday so I'm expecting that my baby will be measuring 7-8 weeks but I'm shock that my pregnancy is still measuring 5 weeks and still early in the pregnancy. As I'm under subsidised at KKH, i have no specific Gynae. I've never encounter this with my #1 and #2. When I ask the Gynae why am i measuring small, she said that maybe I conceived during the next cycle (which i don't quite understand). Anyone experience this before? Can someone pls enlighten me? I'm quite worried. :(

D'yana, I think you might have ovulated later than you expect. Every cycle can be different and you might not have ovulated on the 14th day itself. Just keep calm, eat healthy, rest yourself enough and visit ur gynae again on week 7. u might see the little flickings. Oh! by the way, ultrasound scan is a +- 5 days. Just relax fist.

Just wondering how come the apr mummies do not like to chat here? I see May 14 thread already has 4 pages whereas here only have 6 pages. I know you all have a FB group, but sometimes others mummies might wish to know more from
here or they are not very active on FB . Just my two cents worth.

Hi pooh.

Hope I'm not being too blunt. Cos my previous thread was very active and the FB group was dead. I enjoyed the interaction we shared. Be it problems, knowledge , experiences or an outlet to air grievances. I do understand some mummies are quite bantang (superstitious) as we are all still in the first trimester, so they are not willing to participate too much in the forum.

BTW, I'm expecting my #2 . EDD is 24/4 and my #1 is 2.5 YO. I'm a SAHM . :)

Today is the last day of 7th mth. Hope to see more activities here soon. For the 6th week scan , all we can see is the beanie with a flashing heartbeat?

Today is the last day of 7th mth. Hope to see more activities here soon. For the 6th week scan , all we can see is the beanie with a flashing heartbeat?

yaya.. shld be ... cos my last week 6w+ scan.. i saw my lil one.. with the flashing heartbeat.. heee.. this moment is so precious to me.. looking forward to next wk scan.. u gg for your first scanning??

limlim: maybe still not a lot of mummies joined coz haven past the 12 weeks. im quite similar to you. my edd 29/4 and my #1 is also coming to 2.5yrs. envy you that can see the flashing heartbeat. i still need to wait till next week before i can visit the gynae. :(

Verluv : Dont envy lah.. hee.. you will see your lil one soon too. I know the waiting period is v torturing.. somemore at that 2weeks im alone at that time.. i nv let anyone know at all.. I can understand.. jus relax.. and you will see him/her soon...

Blur02: I went for first scan last week. Couldn't see anything on ultrasound, so that had to do transvirginal scan. I hate that! Some more a PRC do for me , so I felt it was more rough compare to my other transvirginal scans. Or maybe cause really she really trying to see got things in the sac or not, so she really move here there, left and right with the probe. :eek: I also never let anybody know I was preg until after the first scan. Even until now, only my hb know. And I forbid him to tell anybody until after the detailed scan. Just hope my tummy don't grow too big before then.

Verluv: next time our #1 can have play date together. Heh!

Hi Ladies
as i mentioned before, i am based in Ho Chi Minh City and last Saturday i went to a local womens' hospital. It was certainly a SUPER INTERESTING experience. Anw, I saw the Medical Director and also did a scan. (the scanning room was managed by one male doc who is like a factory worker. All the preggers queue up outside the curtain. Haha) Anw, all these (consultation + scan) at the mere cost of 500,000VND, which is roughly SGD30.17. Incredibly cheap la. And... the scan picture is actually super clear. Heh. So far that's my adventure here. Just to share with you ladies on how life is like being preggie and overseas.

Happy day ahead! :)

hi ladies. i am new here. Doctor said EDD is 28 April 14 but may be earlier cos i m expecting twins. Went for my scan a few days back. Can see the heartbeats of my twins. Very fascinating :)

Hi Ladies
as i mentioned before, i am based in Ho Chi Minh City and last Saturday i went to a local womens' hospital. It was certainly a SUPER INTERESTING experience. Anw, I saw the Medical Director and also did a scan. (the scanning room was managed by one male doc who is like a factory worker. All the preggers queue up outside the curtain. Haha) Anw, all these (consultation + scan) at the mere cost of 500,000VND, which is roughly SGD30.17. Incredibly cheap la. And... the scan picture is actually super clear. Heh. So far that's my adventure here. Just to share with you ladies on how life is like being preggie and overseas.

Wow! That's about 1/3 of the cost in SG. Where are you intending to give birth? SG or VN?

Wow! That's about 1/3 of the cost in SG. Where are you intending to give birth? SG or VN?
Yes. crazy cheap la. Considering my 1st consultation in Singapore at Dr Douglas Ong was S$300 plus! Anw, i will be giving birth in SG. Intend to choose Mt Alvernia :) You?

I will go back to KKH cos #1 was born there. KKH not that cheap also , I think the 1st consultation also 100+, then subsequent consultation is 80+ . Mine is consider private cos I chose my gynae and I prefer to see them in TPS, shorter waiting time. But I'm gonna change to a female gynae since my current gynae don't have TPS, so have to pay first consultation fees again.

I will go back to KKH cos #1 was born there. KKH not that cheap also , I think the 1st consultation also 100+, then subsequent consultation is 80+ . Mine is consider private cos I chose my gynae and I prefer to see them in TPS, shorter waiting time. But I'm gonna change to a female gynae since my current gynae don't have TPS, so have to pay first consultation fees again.
KKH is cool. Whats TPS?

Hi all,

Here to join in. Expecting #2, "surprise" baby as #1 is only a week short to 14 months. One time was all it took. :oops: Edd is 25th april.

Hi Ladies

Interesting to experience a different country healthcare system. How is hospital sanity care? And being able to communicate with the doc and nurses is important :)

TPS is The Private Suite. Scans are done in the gynae's room. If I go their normal clinic , have to Q up for scan , then after that have to Q up see doc again. Very troublesome.

Interesting to experience a different country healthcare system. How is hospital sanity care? And being able to communicate with the doc and nurses is important :)

The hospital seems clean but as this is a local womens' hosp and considered middle-class, you don't have a nice luxurious aircon lobby. Anw, I was ushered to see the Medical Director. Old man. The first question he asked me (with his poker face), was "What is your problem?" I was like... "er.... I am pregnant". GULP. So much for expecting him to start off with some nice formalities. Haha. Anyway, ya, can communicate. Not a problem.

Hi Mummies! Tested positive on CB last Fri, and gonna do another test this Sat just to confirm. How many times do u take the test just to cfm??

I've booked an appt with Dr. Paul Tseng at TMC for first week of Sep, hopefully all is well :) Is anyone using him? I'm hoping for a VBAC hence I'm approaching him. Hate that I'll have to continue visiting TMC (horrible parking) but hopefully will be able to deliver at Mt. A when the time comes.

This will be my #2. My first was born Feb 2011 and he's a super active toddler now!! He dropped all his naps when he turned 2. I am a sahm, so just wondering if there are any mummies in a similar situation? I always wondered how to look after a toddler while preggy!! I've no maid, and parents/pil are too busy to help much.

Can someone add me to the FB grp pls? [email protected] . Thanks!
Hi Princess,

I've seen Dr Paul Tseng yesterday! I'm also hoping for a vbac. *fingers cross* He laughed when I said I wanna try and told me to be prepared that I might go through the same whole process as #1; labour>not dilating>e csec. Ask me whether I'm ready for that. I have to go on low carbo and sugar diet now in order for #2 to be a "smaller" baby.

Hi teng2,
^5!
I'm expecting #2, my boy turning 3 yo next week :)
Congrats too!

My edd should be 18 Apr 2014.
Next visit to Gynae will be end of this month.
I've spotting before my 1st visit to Gynae. Then I was prescribed with hormones pills (Progesterone). Taken a jab to stablise the condition I guess.
During the visit, fetus was only 6W3D, can't see heartbeat using ultrasound scan.
Then Gynae did transvaginal scan and saw the flashing HB! This was such a great relief for us!

Hope to see fetus growing for the next visit!
Cos after a wk, I spotted again lightly.
My #1 nv experienced spotting leh.
So kinda worry.

Hi teng2,
^5!
I'm expecting #2, my boy turning 3 yo next week :)
Congrats too!

My edd should be 18 Apr 2014.
Next visit to Gynae will be end of this month.
I've spotting before my 1st visit to Gynae. Then I was prescribed with hormones pills (Progesterone). Taken a jab to stablise the condition I guess.
During the visit, fetus was only 6W3D, can't see heartbeat using ultrasound scan.
Then Gynae did transvaginal scan and saw the flashing HB! This was such a great relief for us!

Hope to see fetus growing for the next visit!
Cos after a wk, I spotted again lightly.
My #1 nv experienced spotting leh.
So kinda worry.
Nice age gap. I would like that age gap actually but God decided to give me his gift early. So bo bian lor.

I also had spotting on Mon night but I mention to my gynae yesterday and he was not bothered? And I had spotting again yesterday night too and I think it was heavier than Mon leh. My #1 also no spotting. How ah? My next visit is only to do OSCAR which is in Oct. I was quite surprised that he will be seeing me so late and scheduled OSCAR in the first visit.

ladydee,
if spotting not heavy, shouldn't be a problem but still I feel can call your Gynae to ask to feel at ease.
Spotting usually is ok as long as it's not blood or too much. Should go away by the 12th wk.
U should rest more, don't carry heavy stuffs, don't carry your child.

My next visit to Gynae is to do blood test and the regular check.
3rd visit then OSCAR.
I believe all Gynae practice diff ways?

Hi siyingong,

I din take maternal milk cos don't like leh.
Can I take fresh milk (packet) instead ah?

Also anyone loves coffee?
I'm a coffee addict but I've been controlling not to take.
Really difficult!!!

Hi siyingong,

I din take maternal milk cos don't like leh.
Can I take fresh milk (packet) instead ah?

Also anyone loves coffee?
I'm a coffee addict but I've been controlling not to take.
Really difficult!!!
fresh milk should be ok. as long as got calcium? take more meat like beef,fish,.. got calcium oso.. advise by my colleague gyne.
coffee dont take for the first 3 month.. gyne got advise..
jus bear wif it. do anything which is gd for ur baby.. hee

Just came back from Comex and food fair at Expo. I stink!!

I don't dare to take maternal milk cos I heard it makes you put on weight real fast. I take Anlene instead , the mini packaging , 4X more calcium and have choc, vanilla and low fat to choose from.

limlim,

Ya huh! Nv Thot of decaf! Also Anlene! Thanks for the suggestions!

Any good deal in comex?
There's an upcoming baby fair in oct right?

I been posting que in the FB group.
just a update here. I have seen a gyane. till date I shld be 7 weeks plus (edd 22 apr) but scan only 5 weeks plus (edd 2 may). might be due to late ovulation. will have to go back 2 weeks later on 21 Sep.

if confirm my baby due is 2 may, then I have to move myself to May MTB? or can still stay in april MTB??

I been posting que in the FB group.
just a update here. I have seen a gyane. till date I shld be 7 weeks plus (edd 22 apr) but scan only 5 weeks plus (edd 2 may). might be due to late ovulation. will have to go back 2 weeks later on 21 Sep.

if confirm my baby due is 2 may, then I have to move myself to May MTB? or can still stay in april MTB??

Don't need to move . You can't rule out the possibility that you will pop earlier. Post in both threads to make more friends.
Last time for my #1 , he was due on 5th Mar but in the end came out in Feb. I still hang out with my march mummies cos I never posted in Feb thread at all.

limlim,

Ya huh! Nv Thot of decaf! Also Anlene! Thanks for the suggestions!

Any good deal in comex?
There's an upcoming baby fair in oct right?

Depends on what you wanna buy ? But the cams I'm looking at still exp at Comex :(, and not much handy cams on display.
As for baby fair , I went once when I was preg, then never go liao. Not worth travelling the distance to save that few dollars. My hub face black like anything when he was there. It all depends on what you wanna buy? Stroller? Cot? Diapers?

I tried nan mom during #1 days. Not too sweet so i find ok. S26 tried at fair when they gave out sample, find it very sweet.

I'm a tea addict, especially bubble tea! Have to give up now.

I'll be going oct fair. More of seeing if there's milk powder deal for #1. Also gonna see stroller. Didn't do stroller "homework" for #1 so now thinking wanna get better one or not. Or maybe double stroller so now wanna go study.

But there's one more a week before at end of sept? Rise & shine? I'm quite confuse what event/fair is that actually.

I tried nan mom during #1 days. Not too sweet so i find ok. S26 tried at fair when they gave out sample, find it very sweet.

I'm a tea addict, especially bubble tea! Have to give up now.

I'll be going oct fair. More of seeing if there's milk powder deal for #1. Also gonna see stroller. Didn't do stroller "homework" for #1 so now thinking wanna get better one or not. Or maybe double stroller so now wanna go study.

But there's one more a week before at end of sept? Rise & shine? I'm quite confuse what event/fair is that actually.

SOD bubble tea has no caffeine . Heh. I know they got a branch at Yew Tee , not sure where's the other branches. For double stroller , my march mummies swear by McLaren .

Hi mummies! Good to see more and more of u joining the Forum and hopefully see u in the FB grp soon too :)

Ladydee - I presume u didn't use Dr Paul for #1? Hopefully our VBACs turn out successful :)) Why did he laugh when u mention it? This morning when I saw him, he gave me the "yet another VBAC hopeful" kind of look lol ... and said my #1 story is v common ... must be hot on the heels of hearing yours the day before! Mine was a day past EDD, and my kan cheong gynae decided to induce without success, therefore e csec. Really rollercoaster ride for me! Was your #1 v big? Is that why u need to watch your diet for #2? btw, when's your EDD? Mine is 26 Apr. Hope to catch up in FB where it's much easier to chat live (or close enough)! :) Another thing we have in common is our love for bubble tea, lol. Gotta share with me your tips on how to stop drinking it for next 9 mths!

limlim - Oh, I love SOD tea! Too bad I moved house from Yew Tee ... I think they have a branch in Toa Payoh but that's not near to me either :(

Hi mummies! Good to see more and more of u joining the Forum and hopefully see u in the FB grp soon too :)

Ladydee - I presume u didn't use Dr Paul for #1? Hopefully our VBACs turn out successful :)) Why did he laugh when u mention it? This morning when I saw him, he gave me the "yet another VBAC hopeful" kind of look lol ... and said my #1 story is v common ... must be hot on the heels of hearing yours the day before! Mine was a day past EDD, and my kan cheong gynae decided to induce without success, therefore e csec. Really rollercoaster ride for me! Was your #1 v big? Is that why u need to watch your diet for #2? btw, when's your EDD? Mine is 26 Apr. Hope to catch up in FB where it's much easier to chat live (or close enough)! :) Another thing we have in common is our love for bubble tea, lol. Gotta share with me your tips on how to stop drinking it for next 9 mths!

limlim - Oh, I love SOD tea! Too bad I moved house from Yew Tee ... I think they have a branch in Toa Payoh but that's not near to me either :(

Thumbs up to their double mousse tea!!! Can drink tea, coffee, wine as long as its in moderation . I just ate 2 slices of sashimi for dinner. Wahaha.

Morning!!! TGIF! But I so dread to work lo!

Mrsbunny, guess u can stay either here or in May thread! :)
During my #1 edd should be oct but end up he decided to comes out early in sep! I still hang out w oct! :)

I quite like bubble tea n likes KOI. I din know of SOD bubble tea! Apart from yew tee, where else hv?

Baby fair I used to like to go (for #1). Ya buying big items like stroller and baby car seat. Newborn diaper can b very cheap also! Hmm this round not sure wan go or not. I guess upcoming sure will still hv.

Hi!!

I am expecting my #3. My elder boy is 5, 2nd boy is going to 3 in Oct and #3 should be due in end April. But coz all my bb are c-sect bb, so I am expecting my op to b schedule early Apr.

Congrats to all of you here.

Princess: yup, didn't see him for #1. Guess he laughed cos he was amazed that i still wanna try? His exact word, "Don't tell me you wanna try." But i thought he should be used to it already since he's famous for vbac. Yes, our #1 story very common cos it's the exact same story for me. And for me, baby very big, more than 4kg! So this one need to watch diet as high chance also will be big or bigger! But i like that dr paul tseng doesn't believe in inducing, he believe in waiting till baby and our body is ready otherwise, if no choice, then it's c sec.

Oh, i never heard of sod too. But for me, is more of the sugar than caffeine.

Elliuzion : *high five* ..heheee my #1 also 5yo this yr... #2 coming to 4yo in dec.. This is my #3 too.. YOu have 2 boys, i have 2 gals.. So u wanna a gal gal?? hehee.. If can i wanna a boy boy.. Cos cfm closing shop after this liao... BUt bb healthy is more impt of course.. :)

Back