(2014/04) April 2014

Blyth386: both my sil went for lawrence ang but no bad comment fr them. Except he go very fast on consultation. feedback fr my sil his stitches very nice. think most prob goin for him too.
Pigpigmummy: it shouls be common I oso experience tat sometime

Hi all!

I'm joining the group too! Been getting faint positive on test strip since 2nd August for 3 days and finally tested on ClearBlue Digital on the 4th day and got a "pregnant" with "2-3".. I tested few days earlier, last menses was on 5th July.. =P

Went to the gynae last Saturday and thankfully the scan can be done via abdominal and not vaginal scan.. For early pregnancy, usually its toooo small and they have to do via vaginal.. Mine is super small, waterbag is only 0.6cm, estimated 4 weeks and 5 days last Saturday.. EDD will be 12 April 2014.. For those going to the gynae soon, do remember to DRINK MORE WATER before the scan, it makes the scan more visible..

Gonna head back to the gynae again next Friday to see if we can see the baby's heart beat. Actually hubs and I are heading overseas end of the month, gynae recommend us not to go but we shall see if baby is more stable next week!

Congrats all!

Hey Jessicahuang_88: high 5! My LMP oso 5th july. Goin for my first scan this sat, should be coming 6wks ba. Hopefully can c hb le. I m oso goin overseas this mth next wk to taiwan. Where u goin?

Hey Jessicahuang_88: high 5! My LMP oso 5th july. Goin for my first scan this sat, should be coming 6wks ba. Hopefully can c hb le. I m oso goin overseas this mth next wk to taiwan. Where u goin?

Nice! Such a coincidence! Yup should be coming 6 weeks, but my gynae say it may still be early, he schedule me for next Friday and say its already early.. :/ Remember to drink more water before the scan!

I'm going to HK and Macau, keeping my fingers crossed hoping that we can proceed! Don't shop too much in Taiwan, make it a more relaxing trip, chill and eat.. Probably cos 1st trimester is really really fragile..

MusicGuitar,

My first gynae is a family gynae, Dr Gordon Tan from Gleneagles. But as I am working at SingHealth now, might as well make sure of the staff benefits.
Prof Tee is good, because even our doctors go to him. :)

If you are starting the facebook group, please let me know! Am keen to join.

Cheers,
Windy

jessicahuang_88 said:
Nice! Such a coincidence! Yup should be coming 6 weeks, but my gynae say it may still be early, he schedule me for next Friday and say its already early.. :/ Remember to drink more water before the scan!

I'm going to HK and Macau, keeping my fingers crossed hoping that we can proceed! Don't shop too much in Taiwan, make it a more relaxing trip, chill and eat.. Probably cos 1st trimester is really really fragile..

Which gynae u went to? Cuz next fri I nt ard le so make it this wk lor. Some get to c hb during 6wk some until 7wk. hopefully can c. I wil drink more water then. Haha hk is a nice place to shop. Try not walk too much ba. I ever mc when I first ttc. So afraid now.

Hi all,
Expecting my No. 2 too...... self tested positive yest nite. Fixing my apptmt with gynae soon. May be too early to scan anything now right?
Looking forward to chat with all of you!!!

Which gynae u went to? Cuz next fri I nt ard le so make it this wk lor. Some get to c hb during 6wk some until 7wk. hopefully can c. I wil drink more water then. Haha hk is a nice place to shop. Try not walk too much ba. I ever mc when I first ttc. So afraid now.

I went to my mum's gynae who delivered my brother and I.. Haha.. It's C W Lee Clinic, Dr Lee Chee Wan in China Square Central. I see, good luck! Hopefully you can see and you will have a peace of mind. Yup I miss all the good food there, basically gonna eat non stop! Probably less shopping too cos weather is really hot there now.. Oh really? Sorry to hear that, must be really stressful for you this round, do take care and rest more!

Hi all,
Expecting my No. 2 too...... self tested positive yest nite. Fixing my apptmt with gynae soon. May be too early to scan anything now right?
Looking forward to chat with all of you!!!

Hi teng2, congrats! I think its good to go early to confirm the pregnancy and check if it is in place? I think it should be visible, I did mine early too.. But end of the day its still up to you! Since this is your second one, I bet you have more experience than most of us here!

MusicGuitar,

My first gynae is a family gynae, Dr Gordon Tan from Gleneagles. But as I am working at SingHealth now, might as well make sure of the staff benefits.
Prof Tee is good, because even our doctors go to him. :)

If you are starting the facebook group, please let me know! Am keen to join.

Cheers,
Windy

Hi Windy

Glad that I am making the right choice! I am
Seeing Dr Tee in another 2 weeks :)

I am keen to start the grp bt I am just wandering how to lol... I heard that there is a close grp mothers facebook page bt i don't know hw to find them. If anyone has any idea.. Can share with us? :)

Hi all~ I'm also an Apr MTB~ EDD on the 8 Apr~ had my first gynae check juz yesterday and gt to hear the heartbeat of my little one... A very touching moment I must say...

Congratz ladies~
Musicguitar: i read the thread for mar 2014 there is a private acc for mtb. Not sure we can join?
Tinypixie: great to hear tat. So happy for u.

Hi all~ I'm also an Apr MTB~ EDD on the 8 Apr~ had my first gynae check juz yesterday and gt to hear the heartbeat of my little one... A very touching moment I must say...

Hi tinypixie....

I got the same EDD based on online computation....waiting to see my little one this coming monday....so excited!!!

It's always very heartwhelming to hear their little heartbeat!

Hi Jessica,
Ya.. thought it's no. 2... seemed quite fresh cos my boy is already 3 plus.. haha...
yes, already fixed apptmt with gynae.. earliest apptmt is next week......
most likely going back to my previous gyname. Only diff is.. she now delivers only at Thomson. I prepfer Mount A personally though :p

Tinypixie : Can i ask you how many weeks are u in now?? As you can hear bb heartbeat liao..

Hey blur02, u r here!! congrat to u. im tested bfp last wkend. hehe which wk are you in now?? when are you goin for ur first scan?
im goin this sat.. on the wk 6..

I had light brown spotting a few days ago, and my doctor put me on bed rest and progesterone. Anyone also had the same thing?

I had light brown spotting a few days ago, and my doctor put me on bed rest and progesterone. Anyone also had the same thing?
Hi Vivbbnn,
I had brown spotting for my first child, 2 weeks rest and on jabs 3X a week. My girl is now 3 and very big size. So don't worry too much k?

Cheers,
Windy

Hi Windy

Glad that I am making the right choice! I am
Seeing Dr Tee in another 2 weeks :)

I am keen to start the grp bt I am just wandering how to lol... I heard that there is a close grp mothers facebook page bt i don't know hw to find them. If anyone has any idea.. Can share with us? :)
Hi MusicGuitar,

I have taken the liberty to set a new FB group for the April mommies, so we don't gatecrash the March's mommy group. :)
Do add yourself on https://www.facebook.com/groups/April2014.MTB/
Cheers,
Windy

Hey blur02, u r here!! congrat to u. im tested bfp last wkend. hehe which wk are you in now?? when are you goin for ur first scan?
im goin this sat.. on the wk 6..

Hihi.. yaya i saw u here.. actualli i was hestitant to come here. I wanna to hear my bb h/b first then "officially" shift here. im still at the "2ww" thread. Congrats congrats!! Oh actuali u remember our day 1 of AF v near also, mine is 3jul. but hor i tested as per wed is 4-5weeks nia based on CB digital. I suspect mine is late ovulation.. by right , i use the babycentre due date calendar, i shld be 5weeks +.. i dont reli dare to report in this thread until i heard my bb h/b hehee.

Hi All,

I am a 2nd time mummy and tested positive yesterday with Clear Blue Digital with 2-3 weeks, faint positive sign on both Predicator and gynae's test. Not too sure if it is too early to test as the scan came up empty.... Im kinda confused right now.... :(

Hi Akaysha, dun worry, i'm a secret reader for this thread too. :) i also have very light and faint line on 2 test kits and i'm already late for 3 days. will be testing again in 3 days time. Alternatively, the fastest way is to take blood test for hcg. Good luck!

Akaysha : I also tested 2-3 weeks preggie on CB digital ytd leh.. Ya lo ytd nite i hands itchy go use those cheapo kits, it give me faint positive also, i mean is visible but shld be as dark as the control line right?? Ya perhaps still early to see sac. When is your last AF??

Thank you both, sorry Blur02, whats AF? Too long since I was last active in the forums that I no longer recognise the acronyms... lol... If you are asking about my last menses it was 14th July and due again tomorrow. I itchy backside lah... ytd so excited that I am carrying No.2 that I went to look for my gynae. My gynae straightaway told me Im not preggy after the scan and urine test came up negative. While paying the the counter the doc came out again and told me got a faint positive line and asked me to go back again in a week's time. But Im scared. What if its a false alarm... sigh...

Thank you both, sorry Blur02, whats AF? Too long since I was last active in the forums that I no longer recognise the acronyms... lol... If you are asking about my last menses it was 14th July and due again tomorrow. I itchy backside lah... ytd so excited that I am carrying No.2 that I went to look for my gynae. My gynae straightaway told me Im not preggy after the scan and urine test came up negative. While paying the the counter the doc came out again and told me got a faint positive line and asked me to go back again in a week's time. But Im scared. What if its a false alarm... sigh...

AF = aunty flow (menses)
Ohh i see i see.. but u use CB is 2-3weeks?? Wahhh dont scared me leh.. cos mine is 3jul.. i also tested 2-3weeks preggie leh.. If not mine is late ovulation.. U use CB to check first before proceeding to see gynae?? CB shld be very accurate de mah.

Mummies .. ask u all hor.. those due date calculator online is for 28days cycle menses de right?? Is like cycle longer the due date not accurate?? Cos it said i shld be 6weeks.. but ytd i tested only 4-5weeks nia. Cos my last AF is 3jul .. .. Anyone can enlighten???

Hi Blur02, yes, I used CB Digital and I got a positive result. Took a photo jus to make sure that I didn't misread it. It was really 2-3 weeks. What I find odd was that I had brown spotting for 2 months consecutive, July and Aug, 2 weeks before my period was due. It will be spotting for a few days and stop, and 2 weeks later my AF will arrive right on the dot. No idea what is going on....

Akaysha : I a bit confused by u... I got encountered before is i only got brown stainings and no red fresh blood, i wld think is homones inbalance, what GP explained is cos i dont have ovulation so only have the brown discharge instead of red fresh blood. Yours maybe is implantation??? Aug is now leh?? when u have brown spotting? did u tell your gynae??

Blur02 dun be confused by me. My brown spotting happened 03 Aug Saturday. Went on for a few days then stopped. Yes, I suspected that it may be implantation spotting thats why I did not inform my gynae.

I also have a longer cycle period. Average about 31 days. Do you keep track of your period? If EDD is calculated by LMP its usually not that accurate. Its a rough estimate. My 1st born I didn't keep track and my baby was carried almost past 40 weeks. I had to get a C-section to get him out as his head was still not engaged by then and scan shows that parts of my placenta is 'dying' liao....

Mummies .. ask u all hor.. those due date calculator online is for 28days cycle menses de right?? Is like cycle longer the due date not accurate?? Cos it said i shld be 6weeks.. but ytd i tested only 4-5weeks nia. Cos my last AF is 3jul .. .. Anyone can enlighten???
Blur02, hi5 to you. I am on the same boat. Should be 6 weeks base on menses cycle but yesterday i could only see a sac during the scan and Gynae estimate it to be 5 weeks. Just wait for another 2 weeks to make sure baby is growing properly. By 6 weeks, should be able to see the heart already.

Blur02, hi5 to you. I am on the same boat. Should be 6 weeks base on menses cycle but yesterday i could only see a sac during the scan and Gynae estimate it to be 5 weeks. Just wait for another 2 weeks to make sure baby is growing properly. By 6 weeks, should be able to see the heart already.

Thanks god!!! I finally find someone to answer my question.. okok.. cos my cycle irregular de.. I reli need to clarify on this first.. i havent book, but most probably is on 28/29 of aug shld be in week 6 liao le..

Hihi.. yaya i saw u here.. actualli i was hestitant to come here. I wanna to hear my bb h/b first then "officially" shift here. im still at the "2ww" thread. Congrats congrats!! Oh actuali u remember our day 1 of AF v near also, mine is 3jul. but hor i tested as per wed is 4-5weeks nia based on CB digital. I suspect mine is late ovulation.. by right , i use the babycentre due date calendar, i shld be 5weeks +.. i dont reli dare to report in this thread until i heard my bb h/b hehee.

eh actually i dl the babycentre app fr my phone and c the status fr there. haha mine is coming 6wk tml. i donnoe how accurate. base on xiaobeanie saying, looks like im oso in the same boat as ur. i have long cycle. shall c how on sat ba. wish mi luck.. hehe

Thanks Xiaobeanie for openin the fb acc..

btw anyone exp cramping at below abdomen, (like ur period is coming) i been getting this feeling on n off this wk. my hubby n i so scare.

Siyingong : Ohh.. okok.. good luck to u then.. hope u can hear bb h/b by then.. or else the wait for next visit is reli hard to wait de lor.. that why i wanna book later as to like my 1st visit i can see bb h/b le :) :) hehee.
Is it your #1?? no worries.. accordingly this cramp is caused by cos our uterus wanna expand for the bb growing.. hope i nv explain wrongly.. as long as cramping is not accompanied by spotting shld be ok..

Siyingong : Ohh.. okok.. good luck to u then.. hope u can hear bb h/b by then.. or else the wait for next visit is reli hard to wait de lor.. that why i wanna book later as to like my 1st visit i can see bb h/b le :) :) hehee.
Is it your #1?? no worries.. accordingly this cramp is caused by cos our uterus wanna expand for the bb growing.. hope i nv explain wrongly.. as long as cramping is not accompanied by spotting shld be ok..

Thanks blur02.. actually i was thinking to bk this wk or 2 wk later. but wana give myself a piece of mind so decided this wk.
yup its my #1... icic. so far no spotting should be ok still..

Thanks blur02.. actually i was thinking to bk this wk or 2 wk later. but wana give myself a piece of mind so decided this wk.
yup its my #1... icic. so far no spotting should be ok still..

oh u taking folic acid?? Just take folic acid from now on until u go see gynae.. hey u wanna go back to the 2ww thread to announce the good news to them heheee.. Im still there though cos of my bad experience in mar'13...

Hi,

I just tested positive. Used CB digital, about 3 weeks. So EDD should be end Apr. :) Made my first appt for week 7 (at least can check if there's h/b or not). Just saying Hi in here first. :) This is my #3. :)

oh u taking folic acid?? Just take folic acid from now on until u go see gynae.. hey u wanna go back to the 2ww thread to announce the good news to them heheee.. Im still there though cos of my bad experience in mar'13...

ya im taking multi vitamin got folic acid. haha ok sure. im scare oso.. mc in jan this yr tat time haven c hb yet..

Hi Siyingong, if you are experiencing severe cramps or spotting or both, do consult a doctor immediately. The cramps should be mild and usually will not be continuous for long periods of time for expansion of uterus.... It is a little too early to be experiencing abdominal aches at this stage as it is past the implantation stage already. If you are still worried, do consult your gynae just to be safe.

Hi Siyingong, if you are experiencing severe cramps or spotting or both, do consult a doctor immediately. The cramps should be mild and usually will not be continuous for long periods of time for expansion of uterus.... It is a little too early to be experiencing abdominal aches at this stage as it is past the implantation stage already. If you are still worried, do consult your gynae just to be safe.

Thanks akaysha for ur advise! my cramp is mild but keep having it on n off this wk. shall consult my gyne this sat. nobody has this feeling?? omg

No worries Siyingong. Had some really bad cramps during my 1st pregnancy and was put to bed rest cuz it came with spotting as well. Doc prescribed hormone pills too. As long as you dun feel good about the situation, just consult your gynae, even if its the smallest thing. Its your #1 afterall and you will definitely be nervous about it!

Back