(2014/04) April 2014

No worries Siyingong. Had some really bad cramps during my 1st pregnancy and was put to bed rest cuz it came with spotting as well. Doc prescribed hormone pills too. As long as you dun feel good about the situation, just consult your gynae, even if its the smallest thing. Its your #1 afterall and you will definitely be nervous about it!

i exp very bad cramp oso during my first preggie den after tat saw red n i nvr take any immediate action and wait for another wk to c gyne and already mc le. i oso donnoe wat to do, nvr join forum. haiz. anyway lets look forward. how old is ur #1?

Hi, just tested positive, edd shld be late April.

Like some mummies here, having mixed feelings cos my no 1 is still very small (13 mth) and I'm very attached to her..

Hi siyingong, my #1 is 31 months now.

I'm kinda curious though. For mummies who's EDD is late April, does your test kit come up positive like 2 red lines, or faint ones like mine? Or you are using CB digital too?

Hi siyingong, my #1 is 31 months now.

I'm kinda curious though. For mummies who's EDD is late April, does your test kit come up positive like 2 red lines, or faint ones like mine? Or you are using CB digital too?

Mine are faint but visible. I used 3 different brands, the cheap strips turn out very very faint, the dollar tree ones (bought in US) and the final one that I bought fr the pharmacy are quite evident. I'm not so worried the lines are faint now cos I know the HCG level is not high yet, more worried that the line will disappear :p

Thanks god!!! I finally find someone to answer my question.. okok.. cos my cycle irregular de.. I reli need to clarify on this first.. i havent book, but most probably is on 28/29 of aug shld be in week 6 liao le..
Hi Blur02, I think no need to worry much. I asked another gynae today, and she say as long as baby is growing in the uterus, no need to worry. :)

Hi All,

New to this forum =). First Pregnancy here , EDD 15 April 2014. Nice to meet all of you. Anyone has gone to Dr Geraldine Tan for gynae checkup?

Woah!!! Suddenly so many threads hahaha!!! Blur02: I went on my 6th week~ technically the gynae calculated 6week n one day so I think my ovulation may have been faster than the normal 28 day cycle~ last AF was 3july~
I'm taking Duphaston with folic acid currently too~

Woah!!! Suddenly so many threads hahaha!!! Blur02: I went on my 6th week~ technically the gynae calculated 6week n one day so I think my ovulation may have been faster than the normal 28 day cycle~ last AF was 3july~
I'm taking Duphaston with folic acid currently too~

Tinypixie : My last AF also 3jul.. But as at 14/8, i use CB digital.. im only 4-5weeks preggie. So i can say mine is late ovulation???

Hi Blur02, I think no need to worry much. I asked another gynae today, and she say as long as baby is growing in the uterus, no need to worry. :)

Xiaobeanie : cos i got bad m/c experience in mar this yr.. I went to see gynae at week5, gynae ask me go back 2weeks later, during these 2weeks i stil have those symptoms..when i went bk, gynae cfm there is no h/b, bb no growing.. So i vvv sad ... so i have a d&c..

Hi Blur02
I cheong down to NUH yday to look for my IVF prof, did blood test confirm pregnant HCG level 3177 so i did a scan to confirm it's no etopic. So stressful, imagine 1prof, 1 Dr, 2 technicians surrounding me looking for the sac at the Fetal care center. Am on 2jabs a week, Monday and Thursday, continue crinone gel, progesterone inserts & folic acid from last IVF leftover and new Duphaston. Hopefully next visit can hear heartbeat. I was told to go for scanning every 10days.

Actually i'm just guessing my DTD will be April. Coz i don't see a May thread, LMP 12July

i just test positive this morning too. Using watson home brand test kit and the result is faint. Edd should be late April too.. my #1 too! :)

when should we visit the gynae? week 6 onwards?

i just test positive this morning too. Using watson home brand test kit and the result is faint. Edd should be late April too.. my #1 too! :)

when should we visit the gynae? week 6 onwards?
My gynae suggested that the first checkup should be 6 weeks onwards, then u can see h/b and see more clearly on the ultrasound.

Hi everyone !

I'm also an April MTB (21 April) tested positive on Monday night and saw my beanie yesterday by vaginal US <3. I'm 5 weeks in 3 days
I tried to join the Facebook page but says page is broken. Can you add me : [email protected].
Looking forward to reading you all

My gynae suggested that the first checkup should be 6 weeks onwards, then u can see h/b and see more clearly on the ultrasound.

Yaya i agree.. i hate the waiting .. haaa so meanwhile i consume folic acid first and wait till 6weeks plus then go gynae can hear my lil one h/b.. heee..

Thanks Vivbbnn! Made my first appt this month end! So excited! hopefully able to hear the baby's heartbeat...
blur02, i hate the waiting too! also consuming folic acid now. have been taking for 3 months already...

Hi everyone !

I'm also an April MTB (21 April) tested positive on Monday night and saw my beanie yesterday by vaginal US <3. I'm 5 weeks in 3 days
I tried to join the Facebook page but says page is broken. Can you add me : [email protected].
Looking forward to reading you all

i cant join too! Pls add me! thanks! i have drop a pm to xiaobeannie

Thanks Vivbbnn! Made my first appt this month end! So excited! hopefully able to hear the baby's heartbeat...
blur02, i hate the waiting too! also consuming folic acid now. have been taking for 3 months already...

Ohhh okok.. great.. folic acid shld be enough hor?? Previously i was consuming Blackmore CW, but i stopped when i was sick. later i found out i was preggie so i consume folic acid instead though CW is safe.. actuali i have my worries.. Haizz cos i had a m/c in mar where bb stopped growing at 5weeks... Not considered a m/c, gynae said blighted ovum.. something like this.. I was devastated at then... So now i hope bb grow up healthy inside my womb!!!

Hi MTBs,

Hope all of you are getting enough rest!

Yup, from 6 weeks onwards you will be able to hear hb le, and from 8 weeks you can see imbs... really amazing. My #1 I already got to know the gender at 12 weeks... Although many disputed that but its true lor...

If you wanna take any sups or tonics, better not. Folic is ok to take. All others, including Vit B6, should hold first unless prescribed by gynae. For chinese tonics, better to start only 2nd trimester, not in the 1st. That was the advise I had for my last pregnancy. From 8 weeks onwards, can start on Enmum and stuff esp if you are lacking in appetite, unless really cannot drink due to morning sickness then no choice lor... Gotta wait....

blur02, that's what i scare. bb stop growing or no h/b. this happen to my aunt at week 6 and to do ops to remove. hopefully my first appt in week 6 all is good.

i think i will avoid chinese med unless gynae say good to go...

blur02, that's what i scare. bb stop growing or no h/b. this happen to my aunt at week 6 and to do ops to remove. hopefully my first appt in week 6 all is good.

i think i will avoid chinese med unless gynae say good to go...

we must believe this pregnancy is a gift to us!!! :) Yeah..

Mummies : Do u feel like lower adomen got some kind of expanding?? Like got some pressure... not really pain.. and i dont understand why i drink lots of water recently.. but my lips cracked.. so painfull..
but i keep visiting toilet hahaha... like here in, very fast got output liao.. haahaa..

blur02, i dunno abt the expanding feel, but definitely having some cramps. i even wake up at 5am in the morning cuz of the pain. (not very pain but i woke up becuz i'm a light sleeper) i feel very thristy too a few days back, but feels pretty normal now. and last night, on my way home back, the smell of fried chicken, makes me nausea ttm!

Blur02, ya most prob u hav ovul later instead... Anyway try nt to worry too much though I can fully understand the feeling of no hb or bb nt growing... My first one also had a bad ending in Apr this yr... Feeling was pretty bad becos I was 2/3 there le... Muz try to think positive and stay cheerful for the sake of the current one~

Anyway no two preg are the same... Ahaha this time my symptoms and cravings are like more extreme... More MS also... Which I shall take as a gd sign... For me I realize drinking more water at one go result me to go toilet more often~~~

Hi MTBs,

Hope all of you are getting enough rest!

Yup, from 6 weeks onwards you will be able to hear hb le, and from 8 weeks you can see imbs... really amazing. My #1 I already got to know the gender at 12 weeks... Although many disputed that but its true lor...

If you wanna take any sups or tonics, better not. Folic is ok to take. All others, including Vit B6, should hold first unless prescribed by gynae. For chinese tonics, better to start only 2nd trimester, not in the 1st. That was the advise I had for my last pregnancy. From 8 weeks onwards, can start on Enmum and stuff esp if you are lacking in appetite, unless really cannot drink due to morning sickness then no choice lor... Gotta wait....

Hmm wat I heard is opposite... Especially if your consulting a TCM Dr, the Dr will tell you to take the tonic herb soup till 1st Tri then stop at 2nd Tri.... Mayb hav to see wat kind of tonic also bah....

My sinseh doesn't prescribe herbs or tonic even during ovulation. Once he knows we are pregnant, he will advise what not to eat, no extras to eat and no tonics until after 2nd trimester when the embryo is stable and strong. Even basic wolfberry, red dates avoid at all cost

Just saw my Chinese doctor, he refused to do acupuncture on me but gave me medicine to protect "mothers body" and said to stop at 2nd trimester

Usually 1st trimester and 3rd trimester are not safe periods. We have to take extra care during the first 3 months as the baby is forming, thus alot of foods and tonics we need to avoid. In 2nd trimester, we are supposedly able to start having tonics, but I remember there are some that we should avoid, just cannot remember what they are.... Sorry... bad memory these days...

Foods are just the same. Need to avoid the obvious, raw foods like sashimi, uncooked food like soft boiled eggs, certain cheese (soft ones) and super cooling foods like grass jelly (chin chow). I'm pretty sure there are others... just not too sure what they are and I can only remember these. HTH!

Xiaobeanie : cos i got bad m/c experience in mar this yr.. I went to see gynae at week5, gynae ask me go back 2weeks later, during these 2weeks i stil have those symptoms..when i went bk, gynae cfm there is no h/b, bb no growing.. So i vvv sad ... so i have a d&c..
Hi blur02, So sorry to hear that. :( Hope this will be a smooth pregnancy for you. GBU!

@akaysha: my sinseh said the same thing. Just came back from TCM but consultation only $8 so a list of To-Do & Do-Not-Eat/Do and felt strong pulse on my left hand but not right hand
1) no herbal tonics until 1st trimester over because the body is undergoing changes so no point to bu
2) red dates wolfberry in moderation, 1-2 dates in whole pot of soup ok but don't drink red date soup
3) avoid ginger tea coz it disrupts the Qi in the womb
4) no raw food
5) no alcohol and caffeine
6) come back at week 6 to predict gender
7) come back at week 12 for "An Tai" herbs, drink one time not whole week

I prob tell my parents after I next scan when I hear heart beat etc then can start to bully and order my parents and mil around. But so far all my friends know

Hello All
I am a little scared to join here but I tell myself I need to pluck up the courage and stay optimistic. If everything goes well, this will be my #3! I had a m/c at week 7 for my 1st pregnancy, stillbirth at week 34 for my second pregnancy and we are lucky to have two healthy boys subsequently. All pregnancies except the first one had extremely bad headaches and morning sickness (more like evening sickness actually). Had taken duphaston and injections before but decided to just go natural this time. Been through natural delivery and c-section so I'm very experience! (yah, tough time during pregnancy so I experienced so many things) Need support support support!
Please add me into facebook [email protected] and keeping fingers crossed that I dun need to pull out from the group!

Hello All
I am a little scared to join here but I tell myself I need to pluck up the courage and stay optimistic. If everything goes well, this will be my #3! I had a m/c at week 7 for my 1st pregnancy, stillbirth at week 34 for my second pregnancy and we are lucky to have two healthy boys subsequently. All pregnancies except the first one had extremely bad headaches and morning sickness (more like evening sickness actually). Had taken duphaston and injections before but decided to just go natural this time. Been through natural delivery and c-section so I'm very experience! (yah, tough time during pregnancy so I experienced so many things) Need support support support!
Please add me into facebook [email protected] and keeping fingers crossed that I dun need to pull out from the group!
Hi Lucky3,
We understand how you feel.. Thanks for joining us! You can share with us your experiences and we will be there for each other for emotional support! =) Btw, I have invited you to our FB group. Pls accept. Seeya :)

Morning all Apr mummies!
I'll b also one of you!
I've tested w a positive but only seeing gynae on 30Aug. I'm seeing Dr Lawerence Ang.
My 2nd pregnancy and tis wk is my 6th wk.

Congrats to all and wish all hv smooth pregnancy & bb healthy growing.

Can I join the fb group too?

Mummies..
Im stil quite unsure how many weeks am i now.. lol. but using those online calculator, im already 6weeks +, but as per last wed, i tested using CB digital, it shows me 4-5weeks leh.. so now i shld be in week 5 liao hor?? I booked next week appt. My last AF is 3jul .. Anyone know how to calculate?? i jus scared my bb is small?????

Hi blur02,

My last AF was 7Jul, so yours and mine should be quite near.
Our ovulation day may be different also.
I guess you should be around 6wks ba.

Usually from 6 wks onwards can see your Gynae already.
But sometimes ard 7-8wks then can hear bb HB. Depends ba... some can hear early too.
No harm seeing Gynae early :)

I still thinking to change my appt earlier or not. 30 Aug seems so long.....

Hi blur02,

My last AF was 7Jul, so yours and mine should be quite near.
Our ovulation day may be different also.
I guess you should be around 6wks ba.

Usually from 6 wks onwards can see your Gynae already.
But sometimes ard 7-8wks then can hear bb HB. Depends ba... some can hear early too.
No harm seeing Gynae early :)

I still thinking to change my appt earlier or not. 30 Aug seems so long.....

Ya accordingly to online calculator, ya i shld be in week 6 last week liao i think..
but when i use digital CB last wed, it nv shows me 5weeks plus leh.. it shows 4-5weeks.. that means jus only worr. and i tested faint positive only on 11aug leh which is my CD40..So i suspect is late ovulation???

Hello.. Just tested BFP last week..going to gynae at end of the month as im only at my 5th week now.. too small to see.. edd should be 20 Apr.. hope this baby come on the 3rd of April so that it can share bday with my 1st child!! excited!

Ya accordingly to online calculator, ya i shld be in week 6 last week liao i think..
but when i use digital CB last wed, it nv shows me 5weeks plus leh.. it shows 4-5weeks.. that means jus only worr. and i tested faint positive only on 11aug leh which is my CD40..So i suspect is late ovulation???
Clear blue 4-5 weeks meaning you had conceived 4-5 weeks ago.. not how big you are... i use that as well

blur02, i think it's meansuring hcg lvl so if CB is showing 2-3 weeks doesnt really measure the accurate date. most likely just an estimation. you could be 4-5 weeks pregnant or more.

Can I ask a question? Given our new condition and state... :) any idea if we can go visit friends who are currently on confinement?

Back