(2014/02) February 2014

hi all

thanks for your replies. we awaiting to see gynae this Friday to see little one's heartbeat. my wife took blood test last week and the progesterone and HcG was in good levels. so we are keeping our finger cross to see BB heartbeat this Friday and she shld be 6wks already. we shld be able to see heartbeat by 6 wks right?

we are quite anxious as we encounter unpleasant histories. my wife got MC 3 times. 1st time can see heartbeat but after abt 8wks hearbeat stops and there was a 13cm fibroid also. 2nd and 3rd ones, but no heartbeat detected.

Blush blush, I bought air tix to Taiwan for mar 2014 2mths ago guess I hv to waste them
sad.gif
but nvm bb is a gift & more valuable den the trip. But I really wanna travel b4 give birth cos will be definetly tied down for at least 2years b4 we can travel. Too bad it's still 2mths till my new job confirmation & I can't take leave till then. I really love to travel ==''

Robin, u can ask yr gynae for 安胎药. Will pray for yr bb. Ask yr wife to eat & rest well & keep a happy mood. Dun carry heavy stuff too.

when i was preg with no1, i was flying all over the place, following hubby for his work assignments as my job is pretty flexi.

found out i was preg in nov, went BKK in dec before i even saw my gynae. then flew with hubby to HK for 2 weeks in march...and another 2 weeks in KL in june.

now for no2, i will be going to phuket for a week with hubby n family next month and we are going jakarta in nov.

as long as the pregnancy is stable, i think short trips are not a problem...but i dont think i dare to attempt long flights though. lol

Hi girls, thanx for the advises. I'll definitely rule out long dist flying. Maybe a short trip to chill.

Robin, maybe your wife would like to try TCM? Sometimes we need to tiao our body to better 'carry' the bb. I've been ttc for a long time and I believe TCM really builds up our body rather than western med which just gives the body a short term boost.

Hi all im new to the thread, edd 21 feb

Robin - I 6wk 5 day can hear heartbeat.

Juz went gynae scan, not good news. Has retrochoriol blood -Blood between placenta n wall. Might mc if bleed. So far no spotting. Fingers crossed.

Doc prescribed progesterone n told me its an tai yao. Abstain all streneous activities. Had been coughing for past 3wks n took 2courses of antibiotics. Din know was preggy then. Doc told me strictly no other medicine, cough syrup or Chinese med n let my cough recover naturally. He prob wanna rule out any other factors just in case.

Hope can continue to join u mummies here with smooth pregnancy n healthy baby.

Hello is-elle,
welcome and we do hope to see you around to share good news and joy
happy.gif

do rest well and stay in bed for now.

doc gave progesterone vitamins and folic acid.

my wife morning sickness seems better today. just check with her, today not vomiting and not much nausea feeling as compare to last few days. just wondering if the growth of the BB is continuing healthy? normal for morning sickness to go away gradually even not yet reach 1st tri? because we have not seen the heartbeat when we visit gynae last wed (gynae say too early as only 4wks+) so just wondering if the growth is a healthy one. just a bit anxious due to our past histories.

hi

my wife MS looks better today. abit worried as no more vomit and lesser nausea. but wondering if its a gd sign of BB growing healthy as we have not detect heartbeat when we went to see gynae last week as its only 4wks.

robin: ms is not the same everyday...some days i feel horrible n dont feel like eating anything, some days my appetite is almost normal

the most impt thing is not to worry too much and let nature takes it course. ask ur wife to rest whenever possible, dont b under too much stress, dont carry heavy stuff, etc.

Blushblush: I travelled to uk n Paris when I was about 20weeks for #1. It was ok. i feel normal n mobile. Just walk more on flight. Also went there to buy stuff for baby as cheaper than singapore. I am from jan 2014 thread n came here to kaypoh. Hope you don't mind..

It's really individual about travel cos many Chinese believe not safe to travel in 1st trimester but I went to NZ when I was pregnant with no 1 at 10weeks and even did glacier climb and dolphin swimming. Was careful though and avoided the steeper slopes. I had MS but just dealt with it plus weather and scenery too beautiful, holiday mood no need to work, naturally felt good! Also brought my girl to Aus when she was 1.5months , pd also say can. End of the day, must be comfy with your choice, else if you keep worrying , won't have fun too. If its my first pregnancy, I'll definitely go for holiday again as life will never be the same again once baby arrives.
happy.gif

Gm. U are definitely welcomed to share your experiences with us. I was also thinking of getting Mothercare, Gymboree etc. stuff. However I won't know the gender of my bb yet at that time so purchases will be limited too. I guess it's up to individual to gauge if they r up to the long dist flying. Since my hubs is not for it and I may worry the whole time and not enjoy ourselves at all, I will not go. I would Rather not take the chance.

hihi morning all mtbs,

back to work after 3days of MC.

those who had constipation problem can try drinking prunes juice. it help for me.

Very very tired. I am 5 weeks plus now according to LMP and couldn't hear heartbeat yesterday yet so next appointment in 2 weeks time. The coffee machine is calling out to me... So sleepy la...

Yeah Blush blush, really go with your heart about whether to travel or not. : )

Isabella, I had already gain 2kg at wk 6, haiz im those put on weight very fast type..can't imagine 32week more i will transform into a walking huge potato (the name i call myself when im pregnant). Im also very hungry but don't think i will take any rice cos recently having very bad indigestion so I think will take some soupy thing.

I lost a bit now at 7+4. Trying to eat but just no appetite and gets full very fast. Feels bloated all the time :-( Surprisingly waistline is expanding though.

Sunshinebb. 'Huge potato' so cute. I told my hub I'll look like a fridge and not the Baby Folio. I'll look like those fridges with double side-by-side doors.

oh ya...any mtbs will believe in myth eg: no sewing on bed, moving of furniture or watching horror/cartoon movie?
i really want to bring my son to see the despicable me but hubby said noooo...

Eh. I already helped my parents moved their furniture into my place. I move the sofa, table, etc when cleaning my home. I even watched Monsters U last week. gg watch Despicable me this Sun too! How ah!!!!!????

I gain 20kg when my #1...try not to gain too much during 1st tri coz 2nd to 3rd tri gain very very fast.

I also moved furniture and watched horror movies. For #1 I believe in myth and follow.. but for #2.. hehe.. I am lazy to follow. LOL

welcome Lil one
happy.gif

sunshine, i also put on weight super fast. at 10weeks already gain 2kg or maybe more!

i believed in the no sewing n cutting on bed and no moving/painting/renovations in house but watching of horror or cartoons, i still watch. Haha

i watch cartoons everyday! LoL

my tv is stuck on disney junior...DS refuse to let us change it to any other channel.

Hi everyone,

My Estimated Due Date is 20 February. I have met my gynae, Dr Benjamin Tham from TMC, currently at 7 weeks and we could already hear the baby's heartbeat. Will be back for the 2nd checkup on 16 July. Currently, been feeling very very tired...

Me too feel very tired easily. Having bad backache everyday & also shortness of breath everyday I climb the overhead bridge. My MS is gone but still feel bloated so took small meals now. Hope to reach my 2nd trimester soon as I heard we will feel more energetic after tat. Really excited to reach 16-20 weeks soon so I can see BB gender
happy.gif
but still a long way as I'm in my 7weeks plus now only. My edd is 14 feb ^^

Blush blush, delivering at mt e. u? According to lmp my edd is 10feb n scan Yday says 11feb but dunno why my gynae says 12feb. My will be elective csect so I'm really afraid is right snack in Chinese New Year.

Hi mummies, TGIF !!! I visited my gyane yesterday and already put on 2kg at 8.5 weeks. EDD is 9 Feb 2013 and bb is doing well.Will go for Oscar Test on 1 Aug 2013.

crysstall> You are not alone. I watch nursery songs dvd everyday too. At least twice per day

hi morning all mtbs.

Isabella...haha..same. this #2 i also no bother so much not like #1 time everything i follow closely but i still believe on the no sewing on bed.

Welcome and congrats pei fang...

Litle_one u will engage CL? the rate during CNY is very high.

super envy u girls who can eat...my appetite is no where to be seen and if i eat too much i feel terrible...last check up at 7 weeks i lost 2 kg already

but still better than #1. i was puking so much with #1 that i lost 8kg throughout my 1st trimester.

Sunshinebb I haven't engage a cl. Feel like getting catering but my mum say it will be tiring for me. I think she is right n will look for one after I clear my first tri.

Oscar scheduled on 2 aug.

So far I haven't gained any weight, cross my fingers

Yeah! Today is my 1st gynae appointment @ 7 wks 3 days. Looking forward to hear my bb heartbeat. My appointment in the evening, can't wait now..hehe

Craving for Malay food especially lontong (same as #1)

Little One, I'm delivering at mt a. I've also been given diff edd by lmp, 1st gynae & current gynae. Anyway, my current gynae said he'll wait up til 40+3 to deliver naturally rather than hurrying at 38wks like many other gynae. Keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be after first few days of cny too.

Ladies, is it necessary to engage a cl? Am just thinking of just catering confinement food. Nobody in my family or extended family ever engaged a cl before. I didn't want to be a laughing stock. My sis had all 3 without a cl. Although my mum was living with her, it was a hands off thing so my mum didn't help much too. So what's the benefit of having a cl?

i didnt had a CL for #1 but i borrowed my auntie's maid to help with the household chores while my mum took 1 mth of NPL to help with the cooking and looking after baby.

the helper will mop the floor n wash the clothes, help my mum to prepare food to cook, wash the pots n dishes after that...and as i cloth diapered my DS, she had to wash the cloth diapers too.

just like tt, my mum is already feeling tired cos when baby wakes up in the middle of the night to cry, she will also wake up to help me with the feeding, or even if i m the one doing the feeding, she will still wake up cos sleeping the same room as me and baby.

imagine if without any CL or helper, very very tiring

Crystal - me like u. #1 Oso puke till lost weight now tis Oso puke but seems lesser. No appetite n every meal porridge. Even puke bright yellow bile really whet all appetite.

Any mummies can see or feel bb heartbeat when lying down? I see tummy raising after I breathing out. Wonder if tats bb heartbeat??

Gd morning ladies.

I have terrible backaches. Is it posture or a pregnancy symptoms? So early can feel backache already? Pls advise.

I've a weekly cleaner so I basically just have to wash clothes and clean floor daily. After delivery, I'll be catering confinement food so no washing up of dishes. Correct me if I'm wrong, are these 'doable' without a cl?

Crystall, may I know why your mum is sleeping with u n bb?

Is-Elle, shldnt be. Bb too small now. U only see that ard third tri if I recall correctly. It shld be intestine movement

Blush blush I don have anyone to help me at home so cl may be useful for me esp when I am healing from my csect wound. When I had #1 my cl was quite free coz I do night duty myself n coz I latch totally she din need to wash n sterilize my bottles n pump. But with this being #2, having a cl may be good for me so I have the time n energy for my #1 when she is back from cc. It is not firm up though.. If cl rate gets too crazy due to Chinese new yr I will just get catering n DIY

Is-Elle, shldnt be. Bb too small now. U only see that ard third tri if I recall correctly. It shld be intestine movement

Blush blush I don have anyone to help me at home so cl may be useful for me esp when I am healing from my csect wound. When I had #1 my cl was quite free coz I do night duty myself n coz I latch totally she din need to wash n sterilize my bottles n pump. But with this being #2, having a cl may be good for me so I have the time n energy for my #1 when she is back from cc. It is not firm up though.. If cl rate gets too crazy due to Chinese new yr I will just get catering n DIY

Back