(2014/01) January 2014

hahaha faye, me too! U know sometime when i feel unwell... like very bad nausea.. i will touch my tummy and tell baby to be guai guai.. don make me xinku. hehehe.... think baby can feel us
happy.gif

GBOB, wah.. u lagi advance...hahah..

fantassy, all the best for your Oscar. I got 5 scan pics from sonographer.

gbob, oh yah they also measure my cervix. so far I went to see doc, they nv say anything also. but how do they sew? sew the cervix ma?

Fanntasy, I did my OSCAR at TMC and they gave me u/s pic of the baby to bring hm. The report I met up with my gynae another day. Mayb U can ask them if u wanna make sure?

Just to share, my tcm told me not to take dang gui and pineapple during pregnancy coz the uterus will contract. Mayb mummies, when u take herbal soup outside juz ask to make sure.

Mummies, when's the nxt bb fair? Any idea whether will b as gd as the expo wan?

happygal, for safety sake, I dun dare to order the soup outside.

I know there is a taka bb fair starting from 24 jul till 11 aug at taka event square.

Thanks nidellia!!!
Happygal : I am going to TMC too later! kun cheong n worry at the same time.. oh really can bring back pics? Ok maybe later i will ask them... me nowadays dare not take outside soup liao leh.. not evern my fav lotus soup.. cos scared they put some herb inside then i duno...

mommies..can I ask..when should we start to shop for babies stuff?

fantasy, you are welcome! depends on when you are comfy to start shopping lo. some do it after 20th week detailed scan. if everything ok, then they start. some will start at 3rd trimester, should be week 27.

fanntasy, i will only shop for bb stuff after the gender is confirmed normally.

nidellia, I am more looking forward to taka bb fair than any other fairs, hahah!

bblove, I also look forward to taka bb fair..saw a cot that we both like. might want to get that. but im having amnio on mon. hopefully I recover soon and can chiong the fair!!

I did my oscar scan(takes 3hrs as bb position not right) at TMC on Monday and just get my report. Low risk. Gynae say 16 Aug will be gender scan. Can't wait for that day to come.
happy.gif

Oh ya btw, there will be a baby expo from 2-4 Aug at Singapore Expo.

bblove, nidellia : Olden days old ppl say too early cannot buy bb things. think pantang bah. think most old tale said 5 months then can buy...err that will be around week20 yeah? but now can start look see look see lah. I am thinking of buying some pre-loved baby items.. dont know if it's a good idea.. new one some quite costly..

Joey, 3 hrs??? did they gave u the u/s scan pics?

Thanks Nidellia and Joey for the info.

Fanntasy, I will shop after the 20 wk detailed scan. Can noe the gender and the bb's well-being but it's really up to you.

Nidellia, All the best!

Joey, wow 3 hrs!!!!

Hi everyone! Im a 2nd time mum n my #1 is 1yo now. Anyone whose had a small gap between their kids here too? Worrying about how its gonna be like when #2 arrives. My edd is 21Jan. Think I saw theres a FB group u mummies are in? Could I know who to PM my details to join pls? Thanks!

Sorry havent read all e history so just adding a few random points if i may
happy.gif
Hair colouring/perm/straighten. Well I guess if it's alr done then no point worrying.. but for those of you who were thinking of gg, I think I agree w the rest that its better to just tahan n not go for now! Poor me have abstained for coming 2 yrs, plus probably another 1 or 2 more!!

Haha.. I always joke tt now im a mum, ive become more auntie cos I got no time to care about my looks lol.

For my #1, i start to reccee for prams since it's majiam like buying a car. Took me 6mths before found the one. Now #2, I already bought 0-3mths essential clothes for unisex and wrote of list of items to get. I find that now #2, I know what is required, so will want to get it over and done with b4 3rd trimester. Coz will be as clumsy and heavy as a cow and difficult to move around.

For first time mothers, good to get hospital bag ready round 8mths. My hubby kiasu and got ready by 7mths. So that can grab and go hosp.

Hika: you are very brave. Mine will be age gap of 2.5years.

Anyone not planning to find out the gender like me? =P

Hello hika, this is my #3. My #1 and #2 5 yrs apart but #2 and #3 will be 14 mths apart. Hope I can cope
happy.gif

Gm, for me I have two boxes of gals clothes for newborn from my gal. So I will need to see what is the gender before sorting out the clothes.

Actually for hospital bag.. its not really important. I always pack before going hospital...keke.. Anyway you can have the list of things and ask hubby to pack after you give birth. Most important thing to bring along I think is hubby's jacket.. bcos he will feel cold in the delivery suite.

One thing is if you have old undies which you plan to throw away.. please dun throw now.. you can keep to wear after delivery..so that after wearing you can throw.. dun need to wash.. bcos for me I not used to paper panties.. and especially in hospital right after delivery.. our menses tend to be heavy.. easy to stain

GBOB: By the time I do the gender scan, it will be ard 16-17weeks. So excited and looking fwd to the next appt! Can't wait.
happy.gif

fanntasy: Yeah I was like waiting and waiting with my bladder full and also coax bb to be good and faster turn to correct position so that mummy can go pee. Hehe.. I went in and out the room 3times. First 2 times bb just lied flat and dun want to move at all even though the person ask me turn to my right and left and shake my tummy. I didnt get the u/s photo on the spot. But the u/s photos are printed in the report.
happy.gif

Hmmm... I'm only going to get the few essentials ba...

From next Tuesday, I'll start clearing the nursery (like a store room now.... Lol) and keeping it clear for whatever I may get from now till jan....

Clothes and toys all... Will come from my sissy...

I can't wait for the gender scan too.... Waiting for the Oscar is like already waiting for eternity....

Hmm.. the way I see it.. most of the people take quite long to do scanning for the oscar. For me is almost like the usual scanning in the gynea's clinic. I see my baby lying there and playing with the fingers..
happy.gif

Never have the problem for my 3 pregnancies..for #1..I more kiasu nia.. always tell my baby when I will be going to gynea and will see him / her..ask him / her to be good
happy.gif

Shirlynn: I am so diff from you. I was glad that the hosp was packed before hand. Coz when panick attack, just wana grab and go. Cannot think what to pack before going hosp. Hubby came to hosp with me and never went back hme till I discharge. True, jacket is very impt. I bought maternity shoes from mothercare. So so cold in hosp.

Gender scan - Gynae said will try to scan for gender at next week's visit. I will be in week 18 by next weekend. So looking forward.

Hospital bag - Usually I pre-packed too. Cannot trust hubby to pack and bring the things I need for the stay. haha

Gm, for #1 I did packed ..#2.. I waited till labour pain then I started packing.. then wake my hubby up ..tell him I need to go hospital liao
happy.gif
By the time I reach hospital I was 6 cm dilated.

For those #1 may need to pack more things.. prepare one bag of coins so that hubby can get things from vending machine to eat.

For #1, my hubby stay with me throughout .. #2, I am worried abt my boy at home.. so I ask him to go off after I delivered. He come and see me every morning and night

Darbebe.. I pack my newborn clothes for going home as I worried that he may not know which one to take.
happy.gif

For those at MT A, pack gowns for wearing during the stay. Toiletries bag dun really need to pack as they do provide. Bring your own pack of pad as theirs are those tie up one and only provide one pack free.. after that will be chargeable. After 3D2N chalet.. a set of clothing which you can wear to go home
happy.gif
But anything you still can buy from pharmacy.. so dun feel stress about hospital bag if you about to deliver.. You are the most important to bring of all
happy.gif

Hi mummies-to-be, nice to see everyone here! guessed everyone is as excited as me. My EDD is 21st Jan '14 and in my 13th week now, went for Oscar Scan last week at Square 2, a new branch under Thomson Diagnostics Center and saw my bb for the first time with hands and legs developed. The feeling is amazing and I actually teared. Report arrived the next few days at gynae's clinic and showed low risk, thank God.

It's tea break time! I'm having a cup of milo with one sandwich after a heavy lunch.

How not to put on weight? At 17 weeks, I have put on 3kg. Is this at normal rate huh?

I wish I had the appetite to eat... I eat half a pack of rice, don't want to eat already... Always wana eat junk food... Cookies and all the unhealthy stuff... Eat also can't eat much. Every meal time is such a chore... Must think of what to eat...

I can like eat only one meal a day.... If I can do two meals already very good

Oreo, you still having MS? When that's over, you will be able to stomach more food.

Vee, if i carry on eating this way, the weight will pile up soon.

Hi danlin, welcome here

Yo Oreo I'm like u! No appetite leh. Eat little bit nia dnt feel like eating. Every meal time also must scratch head dnt knw eat simi ho. I no ms but I lost two kg so far. Hope can catch up soon.

Fanntasy, how's your Oscar? Enjoy ya? Lolx

Fwah I've never been so sleepy for a long long time. Must b cos the hospital stay yst tired me out totally plus didn't sleep well last night. I discharged reach home KO until now. Now I worry tonight can sleep or not....

Hi GBOB,

Thanks. Oh talking about weight, i have put on 7kg hence Darbebe, do not worry too much. I checked with my gynae, he said it's ok and dont worry too much on weight as first pregnancy will put on 15-20kg.

Danlin, you put on 7kg ah? This is my #3 and each pregnancy, I have some leftover so target not to put on this time round.
happy.gif

GBOB, pizza sounds nice for my dinner tonight. hahaha

Darbebe, Shirlyn, gbob, I got no ms... Just don't wana eat. Sian right? I didn't loose weight... Weight still hovering around the same weight since I don't know when... Lol....

I just had KFC the other night... Then Carl's jr, macs la... Lol...

I get all my food inspiration from looking at my friend's pic on FB...

Wahahaha.... Now thinking what to eat for dinner lo.... Totally don't know what to have... And I'm getting hungry already

Husband complaining that I eat too little

Back