(2014/01) January 2014

Darbebe, the pregnancy milk is it powder milk? am just drinking meiji low fat milk now cos i can't stand powder milk since childhood.

Daphne, Space and Light Studio replied me on the rates le. Trial class $19, regular class $39. Have to do pre-booking of at least 48 hours before the class. Apparently their prenatal yoga class is scheduled for Thur (11.15am-12.15pm) and Sat (9.30am-10.30am). Just that this weekend class cancelled only. Not sure if it will be always taught by Sarah Powell though cos there's also another instructor Charmaine Ong.

She also sent me this GSS promo valid till end of this month, in case any one is interested
happy.gif
<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_pdf.gif

2 +1 offer price list.pdf (65.7 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Daphne, bcos initially whatever goes in comes out very fast.. thats why I was loosing weight. For my 1st pregnancy, breakfast alone I can take 4 times.. and still loose 5kg during 1st tri

cheer_bb thanks for the info...... hmmm..... i think i'll still go with the other one cos weekday out for me and sat too rushed for me cos my older girl got piano class at 1 so i need to settle her lunch before her class..... i prefer sun classes and weekdays evenings...

shirlynn haha ok.... for me is i try to hold it back but munching rubbish so maybe it dodn't come out but add on hahaha.... and my merlion is few times so not enough for me to lose weight but i'm not complaning hahaha cos i know hor horrible it is with MS....

Daphne, I merlion till I feel like crying.... there goes my food..what shall I eat next?? #2 I merlion till gynea put me on drip in hospital

Sorry mummies, side track abit. Can we take orh bi beh ah? U know the dessert orh bi beh... Not sure what is that called in english. I know take in moderation is fine but just wondering if can take I'll take more cos I like it v much.

i think that one is black glutinous rice? for me i avoid cos firstly got coconut milk which i cannot take cos it cause me heartburn.. secondly, it's glutinous rice and difficult to digest..... but if you have no problem with it then i think no problem but as u say, take in moderation cos it's sweet too ....
happy.gif

Thanks daphne! so far I ok with eating orh bi beh cos usually I dnt finish the whole bowl n I tell vendor Mai coconut milk.

Another question.... Sorry I ISH 问题多多, I got two bottles of 泡参燕窝 (ginseng birds nest with rock sugar) just wondering after first trimester can take that or not... It cannot then my DH will benefit lor. Haha

GBOB, i think anything with sort of medicinal properties like ginseng or chinese herbs, better consult gynae before taking, as not sure what effect it will have on baby. I didn't know and had korean ginseng chicken soup over the weekend, then my friend told me about it.

Eeeeeew Im having brown spottings again... Zzzzzz..... Emailed my Gynae n hope he will reply me soon... Nerve wrecking... Argh

Cheer_bb... Yup, milk powder. I don't like but since my sister passed me her remaining samples so I started taking them. Eww... It's very sweet so I take on alternate days.

GBOB, I took black glutinous rice and bird nest during my first trimester. I guess it's ok since we are not taking them on a daily basis. My MIL said black glutinous rice is good for preggies. Haha

Mummies, I also have a question. Anyone going for Brazilian wax? Never done before and I'm thinking if its fine to do it while preggy.

darbebe i think brazilian wax is not recommended..... not sure whre i read before but the pain may trigger false contraction so i think cannot do. i remember my gynae told me not to try at all esp if never had that before getting preg....

Oh..i cant wait to satisfy my craving tmr...
Last mon also crave for ice-cream &amp; waffle but close every mon
Today crave for root beer with their ice-cream also close
Why do i have craving on mon?
IF craving wait few days eat, can?

My meal is not as much :

morning/brunch 11am/12pm ; bread
12-2pm : lunch
sometime tea break - milo / biscuit or snack which my mum get for me -carrot cake, roti prate
maybe 2 or 3 times a week
7pm dinner
11pm milk

musicgenie, shave can lah.... it's just the pain from the waxing that is no no..... i think some hospital will also shave the mummy down there before going in for delivery???

I have not been to taka bb fair before. What's the diff as compared to bb fair at expo?

Not a fan in going orchard.

DAphne
OIC, i heard it better we shave our part cos heard some nurse quite rough in shaving

Juju
bb fair period u mention is @ expo?
hmm any idea how many time is bb fair?
Cos jul &amp; aug too early leh...thinking of stocking close to delivery date so that can buy pamper, milk otherwise too early not sure expire?

Today dunno why wakeup so early...
It raining day, hub felt sleepy but i cant sleep after hub alarm @6++
Just have 2 slice of bread but will be gg to central to have BK breakfast..i love their bagel bread...

think nowadays they dun do shaving alrdy. at most is trim off some.

dun really keep track of bb fairs. expo ones can chk their event calendars. taka also hv event calendar. other than these, probably is ntuc bb fair

musicgenie, hmmm I dunno cos the hospital where I will deliver - RH doesn't do shaving leh..... i trim off myself mostly hee.... cos i scared of the pain of a wax....

as for bb fair, actually the last time, the only thing that i find worth getting is only the pump.... as for stroller, sometimes sales at robinson might be good too.... as for pampers, can wait till promo at giant and get and milk, no need to stock up if you plan to bfeed cos i feel that if you have ready milk powder on hand, you will be very tempted to use it and not focus on bfeeding. that time for me, i didn't get any milk powder and only get some free samples from hospital to tide me over when my ss still not in yet.... worst come to worst is to get a small tin at supermarket but once ss comes in, don't need the milk powder anymore...
come to think of it, most of my bb stuff that time i didn't get it at the fair but at robinson sales.....

if wanna get strollers or car seats, also can add baby hyperstore on facebook. they are clearing the older models at cheap pricing now

musicgenie what i did that time is i just buy 1 - 2 packs of pampers for newborn and during 1st month, i tell my close friends to get me pampers as gifts when they ask me what i need..... either that or just AP and if they choose pampers, i will tell them the brand that i need and the size....

Daphne
Thanks for the infor...
Ok i will look ard robinson when i passby...
I just hope to get 1 tin incase i dont have milk &amp; bb need to drink..hm let me see how.
I thinking of stocking pamper if they are really cheap since we be using it at least a year ?

GM
Hmm those beautician did ask me to do IPL before &amp; claim all hospital will shave for delivery ...think they wanna earn $$$
I thinking I will shave myself when the date is near maybe 2weeks before delivery unless premature then too bad loh

musicgenie: dont be "cheated" by them..hehe cos last time i used to do IPL for my ahem down there, and then it was almost "hairless". but after i got pregnant, everything just grow back due to hormonal changes. So it will be a waste of money. But true, before delivery, they will shave it off. But then IPL is not cheap. So maybe after giving birth then do bah.

Have any thought of using cloth diapers? I think i might explore that option. Good for environment and for my pocket :D

Before deliver,the nurse did shaved the area. I was exploring the option of Brazilian wax but scare of the pain.

Musicgenie, not advisable to do IPL during preggy.

Faye, not considering cloth diapers. The washing will tire me out, since baby pee and poo so frequently especially since they are on bm.

Music: I agree with Darbebe. I have to stop my underarm IPL treatment when preg.

Faye: i tried cloth diaper. It's too much hassle. They pee and poo lots esp newborn. It's mental.

I think i will stick to bb fair at expo and avoid orchard.

Am at week 14 and appetite still not back yet. No weight gain so far. Gynae did say can persist till week 16.

Regarding the hosp charges when discharged, I was shocked to see so many miscellaneous items that they charged. Ridiculous! My fren delivered at TMC. She was given a vomit bowl which she said she did not use but was charged for it.

hmm.. seems like disposable is till much preferred. I will give cloth diaper ago cause lots of mommies here use cloth diaper, so support group should be strong and maybe tips on how to manage cloth diaper hehe

GM: Omg, charged for a vomit bowl????

GM, if not used, can ask for deduction from the bill.

During my #2 time, the admission staff told me only 1 premium single bedded left at 8pm+(had wanted nornal single bedded) so of course we said we will take that premium room and I proceeded to the observation ward for all the necessary. Returned to the ward only passed 1am +.

Guessed what? They charged me for the additional night for reserving the ward but not using it. I disagreed and questioned them. But there and then, in order not to delay my discharge timing, I paid but dropped email when I reached home. In the end, they refunded me for that night and that was approx $800-$900 lor.

Whoa.. can dispute one ah. Will keep that in mind. I rem that I have baby in hand, barang in another and just want to go home. The breakdown of miscellaneous items are too plenty to go thru and argued on spot. Also, maybe add up to 20-50 dollars. Sway bian liao..

somewhere in may I suddenly have gastric problem, eat liao ll feel like vomit, n keep burping.... I tot is acid too much.... n I oso missed my menses for tat mth, but I have irregular menses. and at that my 2nd boi is admitted in hospital for almost a mth, so I din really bother much. after that I went gp but test negative. till yesterday I sense something not right cos I have the gastric for almost 2mth liao. so went another gp n test positive. ... went to my gynae n scan, bb 12 weeks le.... so far everything is good, but im worried cos I went running, gym during my 1st 3 mth.....

Welcome here shuyan! Dnt worry la dear since u alrdy checked n Gynae scanned u n bb is doing fine. I'm sure everything is ok.

<font color="aa00aa">Wow welcome shuyan! Dun worry too much exercise is fine esp when u've been doing it all along..
Re Brazilian wax, I did it for my #1 when I was close to edd..but cos I've done it b4 all along so I noe wat to expect..pain is bearable for me n I like e clean feeling..but they still did shave me abit in hospital cos abit growing out liao..it's more for hygiene purposes n e ease of cleaning up aft birth w all e lochia bleeding..</font>

Good morning all the mummies here. I have been craving for Cha Quay Tiao and finally gave in to it today. After eating then i regret and worried that the clam may not be fully cooked even though i have asked the hawker to cook them thoroughly
sad.gif

For those interested in Prenatal Yoga, there is a class at Tanjong Pagar call Vanda Yoga. I will be starting lesson there in 16 weeks. They charges $30 per lesson if i am not wrong.

Back