(2014/01) January 2014

gbob, maybe can put some lemon zest into your water? that's what i have been doing since I can't seem to swallow water nowadays. and also everyday just feel like drinking juices.

But somehow just feel that the packet juices from NTUC and such like not so healthy...

and sometimes damn lazy to cut fruits... ...

I can't wait for the first tri to be over

Ya Oreo, me too! Though I dnt really have much terrible symptoms that most of the sisters here have, but I still cnt wait for 1st trim to b over cos they say that's when u (bb) r really so call in a safer zone. I just bought fresh lemons n squeezed out all the juice. Melted rock sugar to make sugar syrup n I shall just make my own lemonade whenever I feel like drinking rather than go fruit stall buy at $2 a cup! Lolx

Today I cooked dinner. Old cucumber soup, cai po egg, Sichuan veg fried with chicken breast slices and fried teriyaki salmon. I m soooooooooo bloated now

darbebe
I felt relief from your comment
I plan TMC but heard nurses not gd, unfriendly.
They are nice to those higher class
My hub friend say they dont have emergency that why they didnt choose TMC, is it true?

Congrats Heaven
YOu plan to c sec? why c sec is earlier?

Rach: Yup. I felt his waiting time seems longer. I have been seeing him 3 times until I heard my bb heartbeat. Longest wait was 1hr 20 mins. Not sure issit cos I choose the appt timing like just before noon.. thats why quite a number of patients.. i will be seeing him again this saturday. Hope everything will be ok.

By the way, Do u all experience cramps? I have been having cramps on n off.. quite worried. .

Hi Musicgenie, BD means Baby Dance = having sex. We only tried once and Jackpot. From 14 days from BD, I went to test, I tested a faint positive. And based on conception date, the scan showed a slight delay for 3-4 days, so late ovulation is possible. Still monitoring on more scan so can determine the EDD better. Bb bigger can measure better too
happy.gif

rach/dreytan, I think his morning schedule always tight, now I'm dreading having made the appt at 11am....I think he is usually more free from 3pm to 5pm. He said he has morning rounds in hospitals and also surgeries are usually in the earlier part of the day, he always gets called off.

GBOB, wah dinner sounds good eh....!

GBOB, I'm worried about my 1st appt. last time all happy on 1st appt then bad news and bb got no heartbeat. now worrying like mad :-(

Miracle, once u get bfp right, there will b endless worries de dear. My first apt went well... N now, I'm worried abt my next apt... Certain things r beyond our control so actually no point worrying too much also. There's nothing much we can do n it's all up to God. What we can do now is to eat well sleep well rest well n keep a happy mind lor. Difficult at times but must try, we just enjoy each n every day of our pregnancy ok, jia yo dear... Mai think so much... Que sera sera. I'm sure things will b fine for u girl

**BRAND NEW, UNOPENED STILL IN BOX**

I'm a 1st time mum-to-be. EDD in Sept 2013.

Being a kiasu 1st time mum to be, Bought the latest Quinny Buzz 2013 (Black colour) during May Baby Fair 2013, @ promotional price $799 (Original Price: $1099)this year.

I received the exact same stroller as a gift for my baby. So will be selling the extra set @ the promotional price I bought, $799. (I have receipt with me)

Pm me @ [email protected] as soon as possible if keen.
8511682.jpg

Congratz heaven!!

Miracle baby - I just changed appt fr 24th to 22nd , cos suddenly can't take leave fr work next mon ...so excited yet scared !! My gynae is dr l n sim at Tmc .

GBOB - well said great advice abt being happy ! I find it really tough to ;-)

Anyone with a young baby <1 year old now ? I worry how to cope

Btil,
I don't have <1year old baby but a 2 yo toddler. My boy going to be 2 in Aug. He has started to express his want n don't want. I am also worry abt the coping part.

musicgenie, mine csect coz both my kids were csect, my #1 head did not turn down.. Will have to be earlier else if too late my baby might want to come out naturally by then have to emergency csect will be very chaotic and expensive..

Morning ladies! Not been sleeping well lately. Been waking up at 4/5am and couldn't get back to sleep. Now feeling so tired and sleepy.

Anyway, looking forward to my gynae appointment tomorrow to see my beanie. Hehe

Still vomiting like 6-7 times each day.
Anyone whos morning sickness is improving? Come share share the experience.
At least give people like me some hope!

I read that 8th and 9th week is the peak of morning sickness.

Oh ya, saw some suggestions on drinks.
Perhaps can try yuzu drink from Peel Fresh, taste as refreshing as lemonade.

But for me, in any case, whatever i drink will be in the toilet bowl 2 hours later.
sad.gif

Btil,
I am working. Boy goes childcare. I look after him at night. Recently he is getting very sticky. He always want to be carried.

Crystabelle,
My ms has improved. But it wasn't that bad before. I didn't vomit. Mine was just feeling nauseous and almost going to vomit. This week is getting better. Less nauseous feeling. I am week 10 now.

Crystalbelle, my MS seems to improve. Able to stomach more things than last few weeks. No vomit, only nausea at times. At most, gag to make myself feel better.

*touch wood* hope I don't jinx myself saying this. Haha

Letting go Avent breast shells (BNIB) - $10

* Used once NUK wide neck bottle (150ml) - $5

* Lightly used Avent digital warmer (Used less than a month) - $ 30

* BNIB Pigeon Compact sterilizer - $30 (Warranty available)

* Lamaz activity mat (Lightly used) - $20

* 1 bottle of Brand new GNC Fenugreek - $20

* 1 bottle of Brand new Goldminds DHA - $30

* BNIB 1 box of Avent Breast pads - $10

* Pink color rocket (the one with tinny holes) - $10 . Condition: 9.5/10 cos hardly use

Email me at [email protected]
contact nos: 9115 7111

Gbob> oscar test is not 抽羊水. It is just an ultrasound scan to check for your baby's fluid thickness at their neck area. I think it's called NT test. Coupled with blood test it should be ant 70-80% accuracy on detecting bb with down syndrome.

Only when that test comes with bad result then you need to do an amniocentrisis (I think spelling is like this), which is 抽羊水, to give you a 99% accuracy on detecting doen syndrome. It's invasive and there's a risk of miscarriage so gynaes will only do it as last resort.
happy.gif

Hope this helps!

Miraclebaby > waves* So happy to see you and Gbob here!
happy.gif

By the way mummies, my dr says that For some pple MS may last for the whole nine months!When I had my #1, my MS lasted till the 5th/6th month!

I sure hope not for all of us here!!! The horror!

Gbob > you are welcome! I've also read that before the NT test, you can speak to your bb to encourage them to behave so that the sonographer is able to scan the parts required. If not it could take v long. Sometimes the baby needs to be lying facing the front and sometimes to the side. I've tried doing it before the scan and maybe it's psycological but it works for me! Lol. :p

Btil > my #1 is less than 1 year old. Same situation on your side? My pants also cannot button liao. I think it's the combi of fats I hv yet to shed from #1 pregnancy + upcoming preg. Haha. I'm already wearing my preggy pants (the elastic band waist type).

When are you due?
happy.gif

KWXY
OIC i also know my BD LOL it on the 12th days which mean I ovulate earlier? which mean I will give birh 2 days earlier from my EDD?

Heaven
Who ur gynae?
Mean #1 natural then the next 1 has to be Csec?
I saw those very skilful dr know how to massage the baby head down fr korea
my mum say i also head up , my dad ask her to walk very long then head down , then ready for natural
I wonder how many ppl can bear to walk for few hrs ?
I think i cant

crystalbelle28
Think you are rite I start feeling worst...
sad.gif

it is slowly getting worst &amp; worst for me
sad.gif

1st trimester quickly pass please.
I think u can eat lotof things so that baby can absorb some even if you vomit
Take care
Let jiayou together! we can overcome this

Thanks CL. Mmm... How to talk to baby ah? Just talk in the air ah? Hehe. Oscar scan do which week? Anyway I think I still got long way to go. Only 8w+ today. Lolx

Hi all.. I'm 8.5 weeks and MS has worsened with a vengeance! I was just telling DH that I would rather have more symptoms and at least know bb is still well inside (and wreaking havoc with my hormones).. Puked 6 times already today.. But I just tried this seaband bracelet that my sister bought me from guardian, it's supposed to press on the acupoint for nausea.. And I do feel better, although I'm not sure if its the bracelet or just that its not morning anymore, that's why MS is better.

Yo joy!! Haha. I know I shdnt say this but I kinda envy u girls with ms! Lolx. Like what u say lor... At least we know bb is doing well in us lor but so far for me nothing leh. I only feel bloated at times, tired sometimes n frequent peeing. That's all. Hehe. Glad the seaband bracelet eased your nauseous abit dear. Ya we shd deliver abt same time. My edd 25 jan n I'm 8w3d today. I shd b delivering in TMC ba... Dnt know if my Gynae got other options for me to choose or not though

Any mummies giving birth in gleneagles?

Btw think cannot drink too much orange juice. They say baby will have phlegm. I feel a bit bad. Cos for my no 2, i just cant control my intake of sprite and orange juice. My no 1 i was very discipline. Feel a bit bad

Alexis: hehe maybe i will see you in the hospital. My edd is 31 January. But choosing c-section. So will deliver one-two weeks earlier
happy.gif

Really hope that after the peak (8-9 wk), we can start to enjoy our pregnancy. Look like a walking corpse in office now.

My first puke start about an hour after i wake up, and its those yellowish liquid as there is nothing in the tummy.
My main puke are usually in the morning and at noon. Follow by a pre-final one before i go home, and THE FINAL ONE when i reach home.
So about 6 times each day.

I always wonder how much of the food i took really goes in as I will puke after 2 hours i consume breakfast/snacks/lunch.
How long does it take to digest our food totally?

I have not taken any plain water since my MS kicks in. Cannot swallow plain water.
Everyday, i am drinking peelfresh/fruit tree/Yeos/ Bandung!
My favourite is bandung.

I am also at TMC.
Will be doing my oscar test 2 weeks+ later.
Told by the nurse best to do it on my 10th week. Cannot be earlier or later.
Dunno why.
Oh ya, coz my appointment was on a Saterday, have to pay $20 surcharge for the oscar test.

Musicgenie > week 20 only one scan called the FA scan. This scan is to ensure that all the vital parts in baby is doing well. They will look at baby's brain and pulses and other things. By then should also know baby's gender.
happy.gif
It's a good scan to do, will help put your mind at ease.

Gbob > i just rubbed my tummy and try to talk softly to tummy leh. Haha. Cos I got one female friend who always talk silently to baby (in the head) and in the end the baby come out instead closer to his papa. Apparently speak in the heart is cannot hear one! Haha!

Oh, and yes, Oscar scan is only limited period. Think after 13 weeks cannot do liao. Your gynae will talk to u about it soon, I think.

Btil > my boy 10mths now, born last year Aug. im sbout 10wks along so our #1 &amp; #2 age diff shd be the same, about 16/17mths apart? Now I'm just trying to survive MS with my bubbly and active #1. Try not to think too much. Will somehw cope one. Must have faith.
happy.gif
Jiayou!

Shan > I'm choosing GlenE. My dr delivers there and my #1 experience was v v good. The nurses really helped me a lot post pregnancy. Duno abt now cos I've heard other stories since then... I'm also not as disciplined with this one. Everytime will drink cold cold stuff. Even my DH realised.. But already feel so sick just want to perk up mah. Sigh
sad.gif

Crystal belle, takes about 4h for food to totally leave the stomach I think.. So only some of your food will be absorbed after 2h. But at this stage I guess little bean is so small he doesn't require that much so we can still provide all the nutrients they need!
happy.gif
. Take care

CL, ok noted. I will talk to baby via tummy n not mentally! Your post made me lol literally.. The "baby cannot hear u via heart" lolx

Back