(2014/01) January 2014

anyone went bb fair at expo...i can imagine the crowd...duno should i go tml anot as i dun hv much patience :(

yea.. anybody went expo today already?

i'm down with cough and a bad sore throat yesterday.
went to see doc yesterday morning already. gave me some panadol, flu pills and cough pills.
said if 2 days later still not recover and start to get fever then have to go back to get antibiotics.

i was confident still yesterday morning after seeing doc should be able to recover fast..
but today now whole body aching and nose starting to block.
have been having really itchy throat that causing me to cough badly. and just now... cough till i throw out all the fish porridge i had at 3 plus.
and think all the med i took after that also all gone wasted.

we need to try to avoid getting antibiotics during pregnancy right? or its actually ok to take antibiotics?

went to see doc yesterday morning already. gave me some panadol, flu pills and cough pills.
said if 2 days later still not recover and start to get fever then have to go back to get antibiotics.

i was confident still yesterday morning after seeing doc should be able to recover fast..
have been having really itchy throat that causing me to cough badly. and just now... cough till i throw out all the fish porridge i had at 3 plus.

we need to try to avoid getting antibiotics during pregnancy right? or its actually ok to take antibiotics?

I heard from friends that antibiotics is ok if prescribed by doc , another fast way to recover is to take manuka honey.

I went to the expo today it's better than the Rise & Shine fair if u looking for items other than diapers/ formulas. The diapers/ formula in this expo fair is by Fairprice and price not much better and real crowded and I heard the queue is terrible, more than an hr.

Hi all :) I just joined this forum. My EDD is 2 Jan '14.

Gbob,

Don't test already k.. Just wait to see doc.. Stay positive! hugs.. Btw, my next appt with Prof Mahesh is on 13 june too, might see you..

Hopeful mum,

Based on my experience with nuh the last 2 yrs, they're really gd.. Was hospitalised twice, once for m/c once for laparoscopy.. The docs are good and the nurses are wonderful.. Hope they'll help you with a successful pregnancy too! Btw, i'm seeing the same tcm as kitkat at marine parade.. He's very nice, not pushy kind and his theory is very modern.. He nvr talks about cold womb, talk more abt hormone levels and whether it's balanced.. And told me don't stress about food, just everything in moderation, cold food affects digestive system and not womb directly.. 1 cycle only need to see him once..

Minnieluv,

Hope all works out for you too!!
Hi Min I also seeing Prof Mahesh! :)

Hi Mummies,

We are 4 shopaholic mummies who have started Mamaholic, where we will spree items tried and tested by ourselves, or stuff we want on our wish list - all because we love shopping, want the BEST stuff for our precious bubs, and at a good price! Do visit our page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mamaholic/715236545158335?ref=ts&fref=ts

Current spree going on are the much loved AllyZabba blankets and Manduca carriers!

We welcome any feedback and comments on items on your wish list, so that we can know what to look out for next! Cheers!

The fair seems quite gd, i rushed there for approx 2 hours today before i flew off for work. If you've got necessities you need to prep for baby's arrival then yep, go! but should be super crowded tmr, cos today, we had to queue quite long to pay already. Merries diapers at the fair is v cheap!

I heard from friends that antibiotics is ok if prescribed by doc , another fast way to recover is to take manuka honey.

I went to the expo today it's better than the Rise & Shine fair if u looking for items other than diapers/ formulas. The diapers/ formula in this expo fair is by Fairprice and price not much better and real crowded and I heard the queue is terrible, more than an hr.

Hi all :) I just joined this forum. My EDD is 2 Jan '14.

Hello! My edd is the same as urs! :)
dGuZp8.png

Wow 3 of us ! Pple around me ask me to aim 1st jan but totally out of my control since I hope for natural haha... But mum thinks I will give birth in dec looking at my growing tummy.. Hmm.

Went down to mummy's market at expo & manage to tick off most of the big items on shopping list! Feeling totally more prepared now.. :) the crowd has been crazy though, need to keep on the lookout for strollers & of coz other mummies like us!
dGuZp8.png

Same too! :) a lot of pple say I likely Dec but I really wish baby born on 02 Jan 14 cos don't want to go so fast esp new house not ready.
Same as u I also slowly preparing .

morning mommies~~ i went to the expo baby fair yst 4 5pm.. the crowd wasnt that bad already (probably alot pple say not worth going in the baby fair's FB page).. my main motive is to get the prenatal massage promo from babies bellies onli.. $39.90 for a trial.. other than that.. nothing much to see.. the usual baby fair..

morning all! haha i went to the expo baby fair on sat, about 2pm. was crowded, but still manageable. think the worst crowd was on fri, then sat and sun not so horrible. aimed to get a lot of things there like breast pump etc. so thought it was quite a worthwhile trip. though pump same price as outside $699 but more freebies thrown in.

me! i used scensce washing machine for #1 till abt 1-1.5yr old, cos i will wash every 1-2 days, so the load not enuff to wash in normal washing machine

bb_hopeful, can i check if you bought the scensce machine brand new? where you buy from and how much? trying to find online but cant seem to find. wanted to see if the ones selling pre-loved on forum worth it.

take care by drinking more water and liang cha. I will quickly glup lot of water and liang cha (nw dun take too much maybe juz one cup per day will do). Usually work for me but must really rest well and avoid heaty food. I hate being sick and take medicine esp now preggy must more take care. Those medicine doc prescribe should be safe so dun worry but if i have a choice i will not take lor...

morning all! haha i went to the expo baby fair on sat, about 2pm. was crowded, but still manageable. think the worst crowd was on fri, then sat and sun not so horrible. aimed to get a lot of things there like breast pump etc. so thought it was quite a worthwhile trip. though pump same price as outside $699 but more freebies thrown in.

same i went bb fair ard 2plus and crowd not as bad i thought...bought a few things like carter's bb clothes, nursing bra, playpen which cost 378! Also go there mainly sign up with cordlife...

What freebies u got? the pump u bought is pisa local set? I bought us set from this bulk purchase abt $400.

same i went bb fair ard 2plus and crowd not as bad i thought...bought a few things like carter's bb clothes, nursing bra, playpen which cost 378! Also go there mainly sign up with cordlife...

What freebies u got? the pump u bought is pisa local set? I bought us set from this bulk purchase abt $400.

i bought the freestyle one. so got the hands free kit, 4 150ml bottles, 2 storage bottles plus a breastpump tote bag. total $699. but i saw before mothercare etc outside selling freestyle all also $699 no freebie so it's a more worth bundle for me.

i bought the freestyle one. so got the hands free kit, 4 150ml bottles, 2 storage bottles plus a breastpump tote bag. total $699. but i saw before mothercare etc outside selling freestyle all also $699 no freebie so it's a more worth bundle for me.

k so got how many yr warranty?

take care by drinking more water and liang cha. I will quickly glup lot of water and liang cha (nw dun take too much maybe juz one cup per day will do). Usually work for me but must really rest well and avoid heaty food. I hate being sick and take medicine esp now preggy must more take care. Those medicine doc prescribe should be safe so dun worry but if i have a choice i will not take lor...
thanks pyng. am taking antibiotics now. the ticklish throat was really bad that i can't sleep thru nite.. keep waking to cough... baby was kicking everytime after i finish coughing..felt so bad for my baby.. not sure did i wake her up everytime.

yes, i bought the freestyle pump also. hubby queue to pay while i walk around.. haha.. bought some cheap nursing bras and some clothings for myself. wanted to get a cot but din manage to.. i can't see what's the diff from one model of cot bed to another one. all are similar design while some costs as much as 500 and some just 300. can't make up my mind which to get. am thinking of going to those neighbourhood furniture shop and check out. think the prices will be cheaper there? and able to customise right?

k so got how many yr warranty?

1 yr warranty starting from EDD or baby delivery date. Cos it is registered online.

thanks pyng. am taking antibiotics now. the ticklish throat was really bad that i can't sleep thru nite.. keep waking to cough... baby was kicking everytime after i finish coughing..felt so bad for my baby.. not sure did i wake her up everytime.

yes, i bought the freestyle pump also. hubby queue to pay while i walk around.. haha.. bought some cheap nursing bras and some clothings for myself. wanted to get a cot but din manage to.. i can't see what's the diff from one model of cot bed to another one. all are similar design while some costs as much as 500 and some just 300. can't make up my mind which to get. am thinking of going to those neighbourhood furniture shop and check out. think the prices will be cheaper there? and able to customise right?

sherlly i also follow same strategy as you at the fair. either hub queue and i walk around and find the items i want then join him in the queue. sometimes if inside too chaotic he will plunge in and i queue instead.

maybe difference in wood quality will affect the price? some also got teething rail. you are looking at those can convert to toddler bed kind? i bought mine pre-loved online, was in still v good condition, $180. cos i think bb will outgrow it in a few years, don't need to get so expensive one.

u all have patience hubby...my hubby no patience at all...he go electronics fair while i go bb fair and i have to queue myself :( He said dun hv to buy so many things unless really need as we hv it already...he dun see the need to have newborn clothes as they outgrow very fast. I bo chap him and buy a few newborn clothes coz i feel gulity if bb all wear old clothes Also bought 2 cheap nursing bra, pacificer, mittens sock etc....in fact want to buy more breast storage bags and milk bottles but dunhv the brand i want. He will go see practical items like bb cot or playpen, car seat and pram. End up we bought a cot cum playpen with changing table though we have one cot already but the cot we bought is more like playpen which we find it pretty useful as bb can sleep on middler layer, after she older can play and sleep in bottom layer...got portable changing table and at the side can put those diaper, wet tissue, accessories.. Car seat may buy later stage and pram will use old one.

Any idea what age use boster car seat huh? coz my gal will turn 3 yr old soon.

pyng: my girl haven 3years old but i alr using booster seat.. save more space in the car.. car seat really very bulky..

i also understand how u feel.. sometimes u jus wanna walk thru all the booths to see what interesting stuff are they selling.. but sometimes i just walk off to avoid myself from buying any more stuff.. also thanks to my legs tat are feeling tired..

infact my hubby prefer to go NTUC Xtra @ Bizhub to shop.. purchase $30 in a single receipt and get 2 hrs free parking...

I went to the fair last weekend too! It was madness. :( So troublesome to walk around with my big tummy.

I bought heaps!

Baby Cot, Towel, Sophie Giraffe, Lamaze Worm Toy, Baby Carrier, 5 pcs of rompers for 6 months baby, pregnancy dress X 2, mittens and booties... :) Going to blog about my buys soon!!

Wow 3 of us ! Pple around me ask me to aim 1st jan but totally out of my control since I hope for natural haha... But mum thinks I will give birth in dec looking at my growing tummy.. Hmm.

Went down to mummy's market at expo & manage to tick off most of the big items on shopping list! Feeling totally more prepared now.. :) the crowd has been crazy though, need to keep on the lookout for strollers & of coz other mummies like us!
dGuZp8.png

I also aiming for 2014 baby!!! 2013 Dec baby like lugi on time to play and be a child as compared to Jan 2014

anybody bought stroller yet? I deciding if I should buy Maclaren Globetrotter or this other brand... Cosatto
We bought Peg Perrego's infant car seat n stroller at Spring Maternity Fair mths back.
Anyone knows if there's any baby fair/ sales coming up?

Woo....this thread is still so active!! *good*

Nowadays seldom has the time to pop in the forum to chat hence tend to hang out more at the FB group :)

My EDD shifted a day earlier to 1st Jan as of the last visit but gynae was telling me baby should be arriving before Xmas, tell me to prepare early. Anyway, I delivered at 38 weeks for my 2 previous pregnancies so I'm guessing delivery will be anytime from mid Dec (38 weeks). Make me so kan cheong, it's like only another 2 months plus away

bb_hopeful, can i check if you bought the scensce machine brand new? where you buy from and how much? trying to find online but cant seem to find. wanted to see if the ones selling pre-loved on forum worth it.

yup, i bought both times brand new. i sourced online from this forum. can't remember if i posted on want to sell or want to buy... bought both brand new at $70

u all have patience hubby...my hubby no patience at all...he go electronics fair while i go bb fair and i have to queue myself :( He said dun hv to buy so many things unless really need as we hv it already...he dun see the need to have newborn clothes as they outgrow very fast. I bo chap him and buy a few newborn clothes coz i feel gulity if bb all wear old clothes Also bought 2 cheap nursing bra, pacificer, mittens sock etc....in fact want to buy more breast storage bags and milk bottles but dunhv the brand i want. He will go see practical items like bb cot or playpen, car seat and pram. End up we bought a cot cum playpen with changing table though we have one cot already but the cot we bought is more like playpen which we find it pretty useful as bb can sleep on middler layer, after she older can play and sleep in bottom layer...got portable changing table and at the side can put those diaper, wet tissue, accessories.. Car seat may buy later stage and pram will use old one.

Any idea what age use boster car seat huh? coz my gal will turn 3 yr old soon.

booster seat gotta check height and weight, it varies between brands. those wif backings can use earlier. my 4yo shld be able to upgrade to booster next yr after #2 is out

anybody bought stroller yet? I deciding if I should buy Maclaren Globetrotter or this other brand... Cosatto

I bought stroller on saturday. Combi brand.

Went to expo on saturday but came out empty handed after 10mins. Too many people with babies in their arms and pushing strollers.

In the end i went Baby Kingdom to buy stroller and car seat.

pyng: my girl haven 3years old but i alr using booster seat.. save more space in the car.. car seat really very bulky..

i also understand how u feel.. sometimes u jus wanna walk thru all the booths to see what interesting stuff are they selling.. but sometimes i just walk off to avoid myself from buying any more stuff.. also thanks to my legs tat are feeling tired..

infact my hubby prefer to go NTUC Xtra @ Bizhub to shop.. purchase $30 in a single receipt and get 2 hrs free parking...

which brand u using? i also wan to start using booster seat for my gal as she will turn 3 yr old in few mths time but not sure izit advisable. Will go source for those 3 to 4 yr old type...then my bb can sit on the car seat. My hubby too said go NTUC and buy as he said every 3 mths will hv promo on bb diapers. He rather spend money than wasted time queuing. You know when we go foodcourt, i will queue for food i wan to eat even hv queue (but not to the extend queue for 30mins for more) but the the type will go for no or shortest queue lol...

booster seat gotta check height and weight, it varies between brands. those wif backings can use earlier. my 4yo shld be able to upgrade to booster next yr after #2 is out

kk will go find out.

Woo....this thread is still so active!! *good*

Nowadays seldom has the time to pop in the forum to chat hence tend to hang out more at the FB group :)

My EDD shifted a day earlier to 1st Jan as of the last visit but gynae was telling me baby should be arriving before Xmas, tell me to prepare early. Anyway, I delivered at 38 weeks for my 2 previous pregnancies so I'm guessing delivery will be anytime from mid Dec (38 weeks). Make me so kan cheong, it's like only another 2 months plus away

wow u may be the earliest to pop in Jan. Ur 2 pregnancies pop naturally or induced? Mine #1 was on full term 40wks! How i wish can naturally deliver in late dec thn my bb can celebrate cny rec'd angbao and i can also spend cny with my families :) Dun think i will go for induce coz i scare complication :( Most likely leave to bb see which date she wan to come out unless gynae give green light can induce.

which brand u using? i also wan to start using booster seat for my gal as she will turn 3 yr old in few mths time but not sure izit advisable. Will go source for those 3 to 4 yr old type...then my bb can sit on the car seat. My hubby too said go NTUC and buy as he said every 3 mths will hv promo on bb diapers. He rather spend money than wasted time queuing. You know when we go foodcourt, i will queue for food i wan to eat even hv queue (but not to the extend queue for 30mins for more) but the the type will go for no or shortest queue lol...

Erm i duno wat brand.. tat time i went Ubi Kaki Bukit those baby kingkom n buy one.. $29 i think..

haha.. i oso wun q very long.. unless i really want to eat that food alot den willing to q.. lolz.. he is a practical person la..

wow u may be the earliest to pop in Jan. Ur 2 pregnancies pop naturally or induced? Mine #1 was on full term 40wks! How i wish can naturally deliver in late dec thn my bb can celebrate cny rec'd angbao and i can also spend cny with my families :) Dun think i will go for induce coz i scare complication :( Most likely leave to bb see which date she wan to come out unless gynae give green light can induce.

initially i wanted to choose date to csec.. 1 or 2nd Jan.. so that i can finish my confinement in time for CNY.. my mom say let baby stay inside and come out naturally and receive the nutritions.. moreover during CNY the relatives sure go over and visit u (for those not pantang one) and sure wun miss out ur kid's ang bao.. haha.. so i stick to that decision..

I bought stroller on saturday. Combi brand.

Went to expo on saturday but came out empty handed after 10mins. Too many people with babies in their arms and pushing strollers.

In the end i went Baby Kingdom to buy stroller and car seat.

i bought combi the 4.6kg one.. i bought it during Taka baby fair at $359 with abit freebies.. how much u bought urs??

PYNG, the contractions came naturally for both pregnancies. I hope for the same this time round too. Mixed feelings about celebrating CNY. Good that I can eat the goodies, baby can receive angbao but I'm sure I have to face some senseless remarks like I have yet to shed the pregnancy weight, still fat blah blah.

PYNG, the contractions came naturally for both pregnancies. I hope for the same this time round too. Mixed feelings about celebrating CNY. Good that I can eat the goodies, baby can receive angbao but I'm sure I have to face some senseless remarks like I have yet to shed the pregnancy weight, still fat blah blah.

darbebe we spent 9 months gaining the pregnancy weight to support the growth and development of bb, and yet some ppl expect that we can lose everything within a mth. quite unrealistic leh. ignore them lah, or get your hubby to be your "shield" and speak up for u

eh but i see some mommies after 1 month confinement they look like back to normal.. my cousin is one of them.. probably all the while she is small size.. last sunday went for her baby shower.. she looks okie leh.. im so worried leh.. tat time when i delivered my gal.. the most ridiculous is just after few days.. my parent's frens came and saw me.. ask me go on diet.. i was like "WTF".. just a few days after delivery u tell me these..

Cheer_bb / Jt_Junior,

Will ignore those remarks..but i can't deny that it will still get to me. Hubby thinking is that I don't have to bother because it's none of their business and is too small an issue for me to bother. I have better things to do.

initially i wanted to choose date to csec.. 1 or 2nd Jan.. so that i can finish my confinement in time for CNY.. my mom say let baby stay inside and come out naturally and receive the nutritions.. moreover during CNY the relatives sure go over and visit u (for those not pantang one) and sure wun miss out ur kid's ang bao.. haha.. so i stick to that decision..

but are u aware that if bb born on 1 or 2 Jan, will consider 2013 if register for Pri 1 leh...unless u dun mind. So i hope bb either come out late dec or after 2 jan. However bb born year end will be lose out as they are the youngest in class/sch as their thinking not as mature and fast as those born in early month like jan to march. So now thinking back, i dunwan go for induced leh...just let nature take it flow and leave it to fate.

oic...my fren pop in 30wks as her water bag burst! She was caught in surprise so early...bad news her CL cannot come help her and now she has to do wash bb herself then sad things is her bb has jaundice duno izit due to early born at 30wks :( For fat i also dunlike ppl comment but as cheer_bb commented...1 mth expect u to lose all the fat meh?

Cheer_bb / Jt_Junior,

Will ignore those remarks..but i can't deny that it will still get to me. Hubby thinking is that I don't have to bother because it's none of their business and is too small an issue for me to bother. I have better things to do.

Actually i will mind if they say, however i will show it to them that i can lose those fats within 6mths.

eh but i see some mommies after 1 month confinement they look like back to normal.. my cousin is one of them.. probably all the while she is small size.. last sunday went for her baby shower.. she looks okie leh.. im so worried leh.. tat time when i delivered my gal.. the most ridiculous is just after few days.. my parent's frens came and saw me.. ask me go on diet.. i was like "WTF".. just a few days after delivery u tell me these..

ya i also saw & usually those dun put wt easily due to gene and also those who are conscious on wt when preggy. That why i hope my wt gained will not be alot...

Hello mummies! Speaking about this weight gain, issit true that the last trimester is the one that our weight gain is going to very fast? I have already gained 6 kg. My tummy still seems small, no one gives me a seat during my train rides recently. I figured the weight must have gone somewhere else!!! Doc didnt say anything tho so maybe it is normal?

Hello mummies! Speaking about this weight gain, issit true that the last trimester is the one that our weight gain is going to very fast? I have already gained 6 kg. My tummy still seems small, no one gives me a seat during my train rides recently. I figured the weight must have gone somewhere else!!! Doc didnt say anything tho so maybe it is normal?

ya should be as told by gynae but my wt gained start on 2nd trim....almost 2 kg every month...scary!

deedeez, weight gain could come from your amniotic fluid, your placenta, and of course baby! so long as your doctor isn't concerned, i wouldn't worry about it :)

i've gained 7.5kg to date, and only tummy is huge, elsewhere all normal. i can even wear my old jeans that end at the hip. and of this 7.5kg only 1kg is baby! my doc says both my gain and baby's gain is good, so i'm taking it as it is.

Back