(2013) ivf/icsi mummies Support group

sade, thanks for sharing. As with all things, I think there're always 2 camps who have very opposite views. So who knows who's correct? Hahah... I prefer not to think too much into it or we'll just worry ourselves sick.

Since we were on the topic of disposable vs cloth nappies, does anyone know which is actually better, not taking into account price or washing issue?

I used to think cloth nappy was better because you change it everytime bb pees or poos. That way, the chances of rashes are much lesser than disposables where the pee is there for like hoursss. Whats the other mummies' opinions? Am I thinking too much?

Luv Ya I understand. ;-)
Cos I rem reading thru old threads n one woman A mentioned that when during u/s, she saw bb cover her ears and thou so cute. But then another Woman B commented that bb covered her ears cos she can hear the sound waves n felt disturbed. I don't know How true the reasoning is, but its make sense. N this left a deep impression for me.

Reikibaby: I gonna be a stay at home mum so I'll probably start teaching my bb at a very young age. And I'll also bring him/her to enrichment classes, but more of the play-type. Because this is my firstborn, I want my child to interact more with other kids. I don't have any siblings or cousins with small babies or toddlers so I really need to make an effort to expose my child to a social environment so he/she may interact better with other kids.

Luv my hb's friend told him that will change abt 50 disposable diapers a day for newborn. Is he exaggerating?

Chevy do you know ur bb gender? Btw how com DR M Lau ask you to go for glucose test?ANy reason for it? Did your urine test strip change color or detect sweetness?Becoz my families ve diabetic background and he didn't or not yet ask me to test.

Sade, uh, 50 a day is quite kua zhang lah... More like at least 8 times? Does he mean a week?

Reikibaby, I didn't send my gal for any enrichment till she was 2+. Was quite lax, hahah... I think u can teach on ur own when bb is young bah... Even if I do send my bb to classes b4 1yo this time round, think it'll be more for exposure to music n movement rather than those flashcard type of classes. Donno if I'll change my mind, but that's my tentative plan for now.

sade, as for the sound waves disturbing bb, prob more true after bb's hearing's developed bah. Now that bb has developed hearing and I can feel him move anyway, I'm not so gan cheong to have scan so frequently liao anyway, hahah...

bbshower, prob too early to test for you bah... GD test only done in 24-27 weeks i think

Luv ya could be too only, becoz Chevy is in the same week as me so just wondering how cm she been ask to do the test already? Worried coz families got diabetic background and now my sis-in-law pregnant also got diabetic...

Hi sisters just checking on the urine test strip . Do u urine to a cup and dip the stick in it? I wasn't given a cup and got to aim at the 5mm test strip .

Hope next yr our maternity leave will increase, looking forward to the announcement. Becoz after maternity leave finish i don't know who will take care of bb. Quite a headache, n i worried i will miss bb so much...

diantang no not given a cup, that's y some time i felt rather hard to aim especially everytime i urine first before going to register. Always forgot there will be a urine test.

bbshower, oic. Why dun u ask the doc at ur next visit?

I doubt ML will increase leh, given what PM Lee said during the ND Rally. He said 4 mths is enough. -_-

Sade I think 50 also abit Kua Zhang. But I heard that if u bf fully bb will poo more so at least more than 10 times. Anyway it's more of the washing I feel haha coz they say NB poo soft so will stick to it and gotta soak it before washing. A lot of work I guess so I go for the easy way out Hee.

ica, i can plan my working time, hence also plan to teach bb myself. As for enrichment classes, not sure how useful it can be esp when bb is before 1years old. Hmmm....

Luv, i guess if we can teach on our own, we can be slack a bit towards enrichment classes. I still want my child to balance fun and study. Cannot deprive the child of those childhood games and enjoyment. I ever thought of home schooling till the child is 6. Cos find that kindergarten don't seems to teach much unless the very good ones which also means fees also high. Haha....but all these still too early to think.... Lolz

Reiki, true, but I think I also didn't specially teach my gal much when she was 1 to 2 years old, hee... Only more "on" in enrichment and learning when she was going to 3yo.

Just checking, my friend just bought the avent single pump but she stopped bf cos she's on allergy medicine. So her pump is not in use anymore. She wanted to pass it to me, do I have to replace the tubings or parts?

I can buy a philips product at 50% off, still thinking what to buy cos my edd is next mar... is the 4-in -1 sterilizer good?

Sade,
I also think too kua zhang. Usually about 7-8 pieces of disposable diapers a day for newborn.

Better not to use cloth nappies for the first week or so cos the baby's poo will be the black type n won't be able to wash off. After the poo turns lighter colour then use cloth type.

Babysmurf, did u request for mc to rest at home for a few days? My hb dont allow me to take public transport, i took cab to and from work everyday

Precious baby: I didn't. Normally is my hb drive me to office but this wk he overseas. Ask me to drive myself. Just this morning I feel breathless so decide to take public transport. Then incident have. Nowaday cannot 小看老人家 their strength is very strong.

Good morning ladies!

So many activities going on her yesterday. I haven't had a chance to catch up!

Adeline, me! I ate KFC and the cheese fries. Eh, don't think it has any harm.

Luv, start at 3 still not late. I read that the 'golden period' is the first 6years.
happy.gif

Adeline, kfc cheese fries i took also. Nachos cheese me also take. As long in moderation.

Psp all the best!!! Is this week 6scan? Dun be alarmed if you dun see hb cos sometimes just too early. You can always ask the dr point you the sac, fetal pole, yolk etc. Enjoy the moment. Dun worry about brown spotting.. as long not red. Cos it could be old blood.

Hope, yepz, as long as dr say bb is growing well i shlb be happy hor
happy.gif

Sade, BBshower, Reikibaby, nope, gender not known yet as bb wasn't in a co-operative mood yesterday
happy.gif
Need to go back 2molo for another scan. Hopefully bb in a beta mood hahahahaaa

Reikibaby, all the best for ur detail scan today!

Adeline, i think for grandma, got to pay respect. But you let the elders in the family to know and see what they decide. Im sure they wont want anything to happen to you too. Anyway from what i understand, those pple doing the funeral will know what to advise if you intend to attend the funeral. Take care.

BBshower, I reckon it's cos I'm belonging to older age group that's y he asked for GTT. Helps to put my mind at ease too lah.

Maybe you can check with him on ur next appt? Dr M Lau will be on leave from 17th Nov to early Dec (if I remembered rite). Hence for Nov appt, I will be seeing Dr Steven.

Gals, I very clumsy just now...dropped my phone under the bed! Haiz.....gotta move the mattress then can take....will ask DH to do that when he is back....as long as i am not at home its ok right?

Chevy, my bb wasn't cooperative either initially so I walked around for 10 mins and bb turn over hee. Good luck to you tml!

Adeline, take care.....i guess let the elderly decide.

Hope, Thanks! How lucky for u! I went jalan twice, cough many times, still cannot hiaz..... Noti noti

Errr....we can't move our mattress ah? occassionally we do flip matress wo and i need to lift it up to change bedsheet leh. Hmmmm......

Adeline, he's ok for me lah...... no complains
happy.gif
Like all other drs, info sharing is not quite auto lor. So if u have any queries, so jot them down n check with him on ur next appt. else, send him email. he does reply them.

U r with him too? how u find him?

Hi Adeline

I'm using Palmer's Stretch Mark cream in the daytime and Clarins Body Treatment Oil at night. Palmer's was recommended by many mummies and Clarins was used by my mum was she was preggers with me 30 years ago! Hahaha...and now my mummy still has tummy as smooth as a baby's bottom.

I have to shift out of my cubical to another cubical. Haiz.. I wish I don't have to but no choice. What should I do? Not good to shift right?

me just started using earth mama stretch oil
happy.gif
some ladies are using clarins.

Btw, how far along are u in ur preganacy?

Chevy, that's what some people say. Hmm, but i guess if my DH just lift up or shift out abit and get my phone should be ok hor?

I'm using clarins too
happy.gif

Chevy before the scan try n tok to ur bb more then maybe bb will guai guai hehe...me too went for walk n during the walk my hubby kept talking to bb n she listens hee...very guai
happy.gif
Ya Dr Lau is going on leave, I will be seeing another gynae too. I think is a female gynae can't remember the name hee.

Good luck for ur scan tmr
happy.gif
bb must guai guai ya
happy.gif

Thanks mummies, think I better start buying the cream later. I am currently 17 weeks, seeing dr m lau too. Information sharing is also quite limited. It's more like I ask he answer. Tot of changing dr but I think he shld be quite experience delivering especially for ivf case.

Hope, eerrr....I personally thk it shld be ok but it depends on your level of comfortabililty. If u r not, then maybe u can go some where else first while ur dh retrieve it?

Back