(2013) ivf/icsi mummies Support group

MofMM> i dun think so. Based on what I can recall from the class, the midwife ask us to prepare bath towels. My toiletries bag packed liao. BB clothes in ziplock bag. Hehe...

Lil Ponyo> ya man. I tink now at W35, lungs are maturing day by day. The rest of the organs are ready. By W37 they are ready to come out *gulp*....

I tink for the nipplette, can try to source from pharmacy at TMC parentcraft/KKH pharmacy/NUH?

Sade,
Guess it's easier when it's family biz? Shld have more flexibility in arranging ur time ba. So good u can pump in peace during work!
happy.gif

Yes, it's always beta to have own ppl taking care of ur bb but when it comes to ILs, a bit tricky hor. Need dh to lay ground rules hahahaaa.....

My girl is ok. She's taking 60ml now but I dun see her asking milk earlier leh. So can't anyhow increase. Been stagnant for 1wk+ liao
sad.gif

MofMM,
Err....IP cam ah? No lah
happy.gif

I did not buy the binder but instead got the socks for legs to prevent DVT. I can't see from my bill how much it cost as it doesn't itemise individually. I guess the prices u c from KKH pharmacy is what we were charged. After op, the physiotherapist will come visit and check if u wana get the binders. They even measure to make sure i got the right size socks. HTHs
happy.gif

so the binder can help us to slim back faster?
happy.gif

cannot wait to start the post natal massage...though hubby say i shd be able to slim down fast (my mum has 3 of us, my sis had 2 so all look the same pattern after having children). Hahhaah....

Oh btw, i believe u won't be able to wear binder immediately after ops as wound will bandaged tight to prevent swelling.

chevy> hahaha...but hubby say "boobs never grow small lar"...lolx...but if tummy still the same, then how ah...hehehe...

BB seems happy today...probably everyday i tell her today is what day (e.g. Friday), and she knows!...hmmm...

Lavender Dr Su is consultant. Repeat consult abt $80 and my package with her was $600.

Min, oh no I hope your skin condition doesn't worsen. I found that sarna lotion gave me a lot of relief from the itching.

I'm seeing gynae this afternoon. Noticed my belly is red n itchy at first thought this was due to belly stretching but noticed the skin is bumpy. Dh asked if these are rashes. Sigh I hope it's just a mild rash n not those pregnancy rashes of which some can be pretty serious.

Chevy, how old is you baby now?

Reikibaby/Hope, is you bb feeding well? My bb hasn't been able to finish his milk. Always drink only half and he doesn't want it anymore. I don't know how to tell if he's unwell or not.

Small bunny,

What is this sarna lotion? Is that the brand name and where can i get it? Thanks! I hope it won't worsen too.. The sole of my left foot is super itchy now.. Hope the rashes on your tummy go off soon too..

Girl Girl, i heard after bf-ing, boobs might shrink & sag leh, regardless big or small. if tum still not the size u want, perhaps exercise or wear binder for a longer period of time?

Koirc, is he having blocked nose? Use thermometer take his temp at the armpit. Use ruyi oil apply tummy, sole and back if he having wind in tum. Hw much he drinking now?

Koirc, in preterm context, ah b is only 1 1/2 mths old. It's calculated from EDD.

If your bb doesn't fret/cry, pee & poo normal, shldn't be a concern. Else can check wif pd.

Thanks min & small bunny for your info.
happy.gif
can I know how your body temperature in early pregnancy ? Is it warm all the time? On & Off or no warm? I'm quite confuse of this... Haha

Min bottle just says sarna lotion. It can be found in some guardian n also nuh pharmacy. Duc just told me to apply calamine lotion on my rash. If it worsens might need to start on steriods.

Lavender I did not measure temperature after bt bt my hubby kept saying my hands v hot. Although I recall always feelings cold in the office during the initial months.

Girl girl n mofmm: I remember for private pt at Kkh. They provide their clothes, towels n toiletries. Cos last I stay for spotting under B1 class the nurse give to me.

Babysmurf> ya...got toiletries, clothes lar. But i think i just bring towels just in case. Coz my hubby gg to stay there and bath there. Haha! I packed his lifebuoy shower gel in travel size lar... but for me i use wipes and dry shampoo from Klorane. Hehe....

Small bunny,

Thanks! Ya was thinking of calamine lotion too cos pregnancy safe.. Hope it soothes the itch.. Skin doc said i really have 'the full works'.. haha.. I told him i already mentally prepared myself, just have to get thru 7more mths! In a way, i'm relieved as i guess it correlates to my bb's progress? My previous bfp no symptoms at all and bb didn't grow well.. So i tell myself must be happy now.. Btw, i double checked at the clinic earlier, package will kick in once i go for FA scan, regardless of at wk 20, 21 or 22.. whew..

Lil ponyo,

Thanks gal! Hopefully with all the bad skin coming to me, bb will have beautiful skin.. haha..

Girl girl: we have the hospital clothes n toiletries n towel to use. Hubby don't have heehee.

Should have start cleaning my leave. 1 of my colleague came back from her hL. N bring along HFmd. Yesterday suspect don't said. Today got fever that go see dr then confirm n still came in to office.

Hi ladies, i read that some of u have rashes and i thought i shld share this with u. I developed PUPPP during third trimester. It was so itchy that i was scratching whole nite and couldn't sleep. Dr prescribed steriod cream but i didn't dare to use. I google and found out about Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap. I couldn't find it in SG and ordered thru iherbs. It really completely cleared my rashes within few days. You might want to try it out.

Hi Reikibaby and Chevy, thanks for the info on the binder! Reikibaby, I thought you delivered at TMC and got binder from TMC pharmacy so didn't think of asking you but the information you and Chevy provide is really very useful - much obliged!

Hi Babysmurf and GirlGirl, oh dear, I thought can get spare towels for hubby from hospital, seems not...I better pack his along too tonight. Haven't charged the camera batteries yet - some things like this and the NRIC and chargers (for phone and batts) too early to pack in now since we are still using Hope I don't forget closer to the date to pack these in.

Glad the weekend is here as well. Golly, less than 3 weeks to go!

chevy cant even take 4months maternity leave for family biz. haiz. so u r going back to work in 2 weeks time, guess u have to have a rehearsal on changing bb n preparing for work so that on the actual day, then u can gauge how much time u need to prepare before going out n also the travelling distance to ur mum or mil place. not easy.
I dont have privacy in my office when pumping. I just use a nursing cover n pump.
what is ur bb weight now?
read before that breast will sag due to increase in size during pregnancy n din wear good supporting bra not because of bf.

precious baby jia you. how many weeks r u now?

Chevy another issue, does ur mum or mil take care n mix around with bb? Cos my bb is rather unhappy when she's at in laws place. Till now still haven get used to their place.

Wow, Precious Baby, congratulations!!! Wish you a smooth and speedy delivery. Hopefully, your labour won't drag too long! Jia you and keep us posted!!

Hope/ Reikibaby, bb was drinking 120ml. I have not increased but these few days, he will drink around 60ml and stopped. I checked his temperature and he's ok. Really wonder ifnhe's ok. Wish baby can talk!

Precious baby, jiayou!

Koirc, yes. I only took 12 weeks of ml first. Need to do quarter 2 financial closing for my co.

My bb drinks alot in the night time too. Maybe coz I fed him more bm n daytime. By night time he will want alot milk within 2 hr timeframe. Scary. His last feed Ard 9pm. Now as I pump, I wonder if I need to wake bb up. Ladies. Do u wake bb up at 3 hr interval or let him zz till he cries?

Welcome nidellia high high reading. Maybe twins.

Usagi: slowly adjust the timing for night feed. Pull his time. Everytime 10-20mins.

Koirx, that 60ml lasted him for 3hrs or after an hr he will cry for milk again?

Usagi, when my bb had jaundice in 1st mth, i made sure bb wakes every 3hr to feed cos jaundice bb tends to sleep alot and i wan him to drink on time so will poo n pee. Dun wan him miss his feed. But now i will oni feed when he wakes. Bb sleeps well eat well then will put on weight.
If the 2 hr feeding is on total bf then you may wan check if your milk is too diluted...means less creamy less fats. Cos once i dh commented milk very diluted and i noticed bb cries for milk very soon. If you store in fridge, you will notice a lazy of whitish creamy stuff form on top layer of milk. So if thats too little or none means milk less fatty and creamy.

Precious baby, congrats! Welcome to motherhood. Salute to you ladies who insist on natural delivery.

Precious Baby, congratulations on motherhood!! Enjoy your confinement and time with baby. You are in time for Mother's Day too!!! Hee hee!

Dian Tang, jia you jia you! Congratulations to you too!! Wish you a safe and speedy delivery!

Congrats Precious Baby! I recall you were on bed rest for some time...now your little one is finally here safe n sound in your arms!

Dian Tang, wishing you a smooth safe fast delivery! All the best!

Hi Nidellia, welcome! Happy to see another graduate from Dr Tan HH in this thread.

Jiayou Dian Tang. Hope u are carrying ur bundle of joy in your arms now.

Ya, Reikibaby, got some slight creamy in my fridge bm. If he feed bm in day, normally 1-2 hrs he will wanna feed again. But now going into week 4, my bm only 50-70ml combined, wonder if is too little.

Congrate Precious baby. Ku jin gan lai. Feed your baby BM. Moo Moo. Boost her size up. now too small need special care.

Dian tang: finally your turn. Jia you. push...

Congrats previous baby!
happy.gif

Koirc, if you are worried maybe you want to see PD? But I think if he is pooing and sleeping well should be fine?

Usagi, supply will increase slowly. Don't worry too much yah! Jia you!
happy.gif

Thanks babysmurf and Mofmm! looking forward to see dr tan in 2 weeks. First time mummy to be, happy But at the same time also worried. I need to keep myself positive! Now walk a bit also will feel breathless and dizzy. How did you ladies get thru this phase? How long does it take to wear off?

Congrats to precious baby and all who have popped!

Dian tang, have a smooth delivery!

Tks everybody. My bb can only discharge in 2 wks time as the bb now require through tube feeding.

Dian tang, jiayou, our bb sharing the same dob

Precious Baby, so happy that you and baby are safe! You made it!

Nidellia, welcome and congratulations on BFP!!

Dian Tang, hope you have baby safely snuggling in your arms by now. Jia you!

I went for my check up this morning. At W34d4 today and baby is 2.4kg. Doctor said baby is bigger and longer than average as both DH and I are tall. He estimated that baby will be around 3.5k by the time I deliver at week 38. He also said if it was full term at 40 weeks, baby can even be 4kg!!! That's big! I'm glad we are delivering earlier!!

Koirc - what was the recommended dosage when u take motillum? Just asked pd for it cos I wasnt sure if bsby not putting on wt is it my supply issue.
sad.gif

Hi Nedellia, get lots of rest n don't exert yourself, symptoms n how long they persist vary from individual to individual but do let Dr Tan know of any n all symptoms u have when u visit him!

Hi Lil Ponyo, you have a good sized little one baking in there! Bigger easier to take care when born...

Hi Precious Baby, 2 weeks will pass before you know it n u have time to prepare bottles bed etc for baby to come home to. Congrats once more!

Just to share with mummies to be, it's worth going for the free nursery tour with Mothercare - can book an appointment on their webpage. Informative one hour session n the goodie bag has lots of good stuff - A&A swaddle full sized, 1 pack maternity pads with wings, good sized baby lotion n baby shower gel, pacifier clip, and powder milk for pregnant/lactating mummies.

I received even more hand me downs as well as gifts from friends last week - all clothes n socks...golly regret buying new clothes, even the cheap ones from Bugis mkt.

Mofmm, looks like your princess can hv lots of clothes to choose from everyday. Baby outgrows their clothes very fast. Going 2 mths and 6mths clothings fits him nicely. Now im buying 12mths clothes cos even 9months bodysuits he can wear.

Mummies using merries and drypers, just noticed that merries cutting bigger. So L drypers is same size as M size merries.

Back