(2013) ivf/icsi mummies Support group

Congrats precious baby! Welcome to motherhood
happy.gif

Welcome to all the mummies who bfp recently - I miss my pregnant days!

Sade, ya, going to work and re-arranging schedules need to plan properly. 1st wk sure kalang kabok 1 hahahaaa.....

Hmmm...use nursing cover? issit convenient? maybe i shld buy 1 instead of pumping in toilet hor. Did u get from bp?

The last she weigh 2wks ago was 3.4kg. Still under weight. Urs is almost 6kg yes?

No wear bra will also sag??? Mati lah....then mine sure sag cos i hardly wear bra at home! hahahaaaa.....

Congratz Precious baby!

Jia you Dian Tang! Have a smooth delivery.

Welcome Nidellia! Rest well and eat what u crave! But in moderation hor....

Hi mummies,

May i know any one of u went overseas holiday after first trimester??

My dh n i are tiking of planning one..

Dollygal: u check with your gynea first. For me cannot travel toward the end of 1st tri, I got spotting for 4mths of low placenta. In the end have to cancel my trip. If not ask can go Malaysia heehee. No air pressure.

Don't take the risk. Especially we tried so hard for this. Just my 2cents advice.

chevy ya nursing cover. I used it to nurse bb and to pump at office.I bought the pupsikstudio nursing cover. can check it out online. There's few different brands available at dept store such as kiddy palace, robinsons...
just wear it to cover and can pump at desk. better than pumping in toilet.
I also dont wear bra at home during pregnancy. I also din know that till I read it online lately. but ever sin I started to bf, I wore bra at home cos will have leakage pro. I miss my "carefree" days.
Just keep on feeding ur bb n soon she will put on more weight.
my bb is 5.8kg.

Helo, ladies . I finally delivered my baby boy yester . I try to deliver by vaginal delivery but the baby head was too big . So I delivered by c sect instead. Thank u for your well wishes !

Dian Tang, congratulations to you and DH!! You did it!! So so happy for you! Wish you a speedy recovery and enjoy motherhood!!

Bb, ha ha, you are planning no. 2 already
happy.gif
how is motherhood so far? For me, I'm scared about going through 1st trimester again. Shudder... I saw Dr Foong yesterday. So nice to see him as always. I told him to be careful during my c sec and don't cut baby by accident! Lol!

So now, we are next in line!!

Babysmurf
Mofmm
Girl girl
Lil ponyo
Psp

Congrats DianTang! How heavy is the little one? Enjoy your confinement
happy.gif

Hi Reikibaby, I agree babies outgrow clothes v fast! I didn't expect to receive so many clothes, and this latest batch is in good condition n many from Disney brand. Your baby seems to b doing v well on total breastfeeding...growing steadily and sturdily.

Hi Dollygal, best to check with doctor as what Babysmurf said. Although Dr Tan allowed me to, I was vomiting so much daily even after the first trimester that traveling would become a chore than pleasure so I didn't have any babymoon.

Hi Lil, hehe looks that way! Less than 20 days to go for me.

Babysmurf i think got to see the bb size/weight. Can be full term but petite... mine was 38weeks and i fit him into carters 6mths bodysuit.... okay lah..i din buy any nb or 3mths so just fit into what i bought. But 3mths shldnt be an issue for mine. Whats ur bb weight

Lil, haha yes age is not on my side so have no time to lose! Unfortunately I have no snow babies, so will hv to go through fresh cycle if we are going to try for another one. But have to survive this one first - motherhood is an up and down journey, many moments of happiness but also many tears. But it's immensely rewarding, can't describe the feeling when cuddling baby in my arms, it's very special
happy.gif

I miss Dr Foong so much! I have a review for c-sect recovery in mid-May and I'm so sad that will probably be my last appt with him (until no.2, hehe). He also said my bb will be bigger and kept urging me to watch my diet so baby doesn't exceed 3.5kg..in the end he came out at 3.51kg, busted Dr Foong's limit by 100g. Haha...

Hi ladies, thks for well wishes! Not a easy labour though I reach dilation of 10 cm. the baby weight was 3.47 kg .
Mummy that are due soon, JIA you!
Mummy that have pop /are Breastfeeding, jia you too!

Rekibaby: I think of getting a dress for my girl for her full mths. So not too sure what size to get for her. Currently mine is abt 2.1kg at wk34. Going for my check up on tue.

Melody thanks for the info. Have asked my boss who's in US right now to bring back the soap for me. In the meantime I can't stand the itching n dh just bought pine tar soap for me from guardian. Expensive but I can't stand the itch. Really hope it helps!

Bb, I can't wait to cuddle baby in my arms too!! Reading about the new mummies' experiences makes us mummies-to-be so excited!

Age is also not on my side. I will be over 40 if and when we go for no 2! But as Dr Foong said when I asked him when can we start on the next one, he said "why don't you test drive the first one first"
happy.gif
lol!

Dian tang, jia you mummy!!

good day everyone!

babysmurf> i bought Fox baby dress with little hot pants for her...hehe... for first mth to wear lo. Cute cute de lar.

These few days i keep feeling a sharp pain at my pte part there. Hubby say maybe is the baby burrowing down and getting ready....

Time past fast.... now I am W36... this friday will be stopping work. And rest. Over the weekend did not do much things as was feeling so so tired and BB very active.

this coming mother's day weekend will be waiting game...anytime W37 onwards.......

dian> congrats. Have a good rest. Dun worry so much
happy.gif

Lil Ponyo> ya man. Though i have 2 snow babies left, but 2nd baby means i will be >35...high risk/age mummy. Haha...

Girlgirl: u buy NB size or 3mths one? I also having like constipation n cramp cramp over the weekend. Tmr have to ask dr tan to check. Also must book my D package.

Babysmurf> i bought 3 mths de. Good enuff liao. Hehe...cute cute..

so far no constipation (thank goodness). But keep feeling watermelon in between my legs. I walk also pant, sit down also pant. Sigh. Feeling like a big fat seal.

Hi Babysmurf, maybe u can get 0-3 months instead of NB or 3mths+? Bought 0-3months under Le Petite Bateau for my babies. Must ask Dr Tan give the admission form - he not yet give me mine, probably next week at week 36. Almost at the finish line - jia you!

This weekend went to Mothercare nursery appointment and cleared out fridge n freezer for confinement herbs. Then on Sun, checked into hotel with hubby for the last staycation of the year. Waiting to check out now to go home n wash the new batch of the hand me down babies' clothes.

Babysmurf, get 3months one. Cos baby have growth spurt at 2-3weeks....

Mofmm, nice to have staycation. With 2 babies, i think it will be a long while till you have your next couple time.

MofMM> hahaha...i got mine frm the admissions dept. Packed all the forms inside one pouch and can pick up with apptment book and zoom down to hospital.

Wah...Petite Bateau..abit out of budget for me. I also scared bb will grow very fast and end up cannot wear liao =X

Girl Girl and Babysmurf, I also felt mini sharp pain in my pte area too yesterday. It's not super painful but noticeable. Don't know what it means but I kept telling baby to hang in there until after Week 37.

Every time when we scan, the baby is side ways. Doctor said that baby cannot burrow down because my low placenta is in the way. Blocking baby. No wonder lately I can feel kicks on my sides. Ouch!

Aiya, I'm getting worried about my confinement lady. She is supposed to help me find her friend to fill in before she is available because I'm delivering early. I texted her for updates and she didn't response. Doesn't seem very reliable. Will keep trying to contact her. Worse come to the worse, but get a last minute one from agency and forgo our deposit to this one. So frustrating!

Mofmm, that was good planning of you and DH for a staycation. Ya, don't know when our next couple vacation will be. Maybe in 18 years! My DH is now on business trip for a week. My mum is staying with me this week to keep an eye on me. Ha ha! I told her no need but all mothers worry. I suppose we will be like that when we are mummies
happy.gif

Babysmurf, I think I will buy baby full month outfit after baby is delivered so I can gauge his size and growth spurt. Ha ha! My baby has so much clothes already but I have a feeling he will outgrow them super fast!

Lil Ponyo> i see... good that ur mum is helping u this week.

hehe... my bb now like to dance her feet and make my tummy sway...and sometimes she like ppl to sayang her and sometimes she will sleep/doze off.

Hi GirlGirl, there is one form must get from doctor to give to admissions office when booking bed. Dr Tan didn't give me n officer asked me to ask Dr for it next visit. Isetan (the one at Parkway at least) had Petite Bateau sale. Babies outgrow stuff so fast not like us who can keep wearing whatever we buy. I tried to stop buying clothes but came back with another 7 rompers for 9-12 months from Marks & Spencer's which is having sale now. Really hopeless me, some more not planning for any more babies despite the 2 snow ones if this round successful.

Hi Lil, good to have someone stay with you when DH not around as you approach the finish line. For the confinement lady, perhaps she is back in her hometown for Msia election these few days so didn't respond. Just keep dialing but have a Plan B - agencies or try TMC which has a CL service and see how much lead time they need to be able to get you one. For the maid, don't end up like me cutting it so close. Start April I told the agent I need one start of May he said no problem. Today I called him he said earliest is 16May and latest 20th! Just 3 days before my due date! I'm wondering how to train her in time!

MofMM> i see... hmm.. dunnoe leh. KKH officer say done liao. Quite thick file. Pengz...so many documents. I booked A1 bed under normal delivery....

feeling so so sleepy these days... *yawns*.... now have to sit unglamly as tummy blocking way.

Hi GirlGirl, must update when u gg to deliver ok? We may end up neighbors & maybe with Babysmurf too since 3 of us are delivering at KKH about same time tho mine by CSec.

I just only realized a couple of days back that need to register for warranty on the tommee tippee sterilizer n bottle warmer. Test ran my sterilizer n had some probs (e light flashing). Seems like warranty is 1yr from date of purchase only - and there is even warranty for baby Bjorn carriers. Think I better go test my Medela PISA too n register for warranty if any.

I order online ralphlauren their only have NB or 3mths. Heehee now got spring sale. Mine is all hand down clothes. Only have a few outing clothes bought by my sis n sil. So far only 2sets of new clothes for her. Heehee

Girl girl n mofmm: I didn't check out the Delivey packages when I 34wks but they don't let me book without dr's letter. These 2days can feel she turn down bit bit. Til now on off pain pain. She like borrowing my uterus wall to turn down. Both my tummy sides come out.

Mofmm: told my girl to come out on Vesak day. 1day after urs. Same birthday as daddy n dr tan will not be rushing. Settle Urs then our turn. Hahaha

Mummies who are Breastfeeding, my menses just came yesterday!!! Is it because I'm not latching and pumping instead? Is this normal? So upset coz its only 2 months post delivery.... Thought I can escape AF for few months at least.
sad.gif

Girl Girl, I am very unglam too! Ha ha! Thank goodness at my cubicle at work, my back is against the wall. So I can be as unglam as I want. Ha ha!

Oh it would be so fun if 3 of you deliver around same time! Your doctor will be so busy! Ha ha!

Mofmm, thanks for the heads-up about the warranty! I didn't realised that either! Must do it soon.

MofMM> ya remember to go and register for the warranty hor. I also plan to test out sterilizer etc this weekend. Hubby tested the baby monitor liao. Seems ok.

Babysmurf> ya me with Dr Khoo. Dr Khoo and Dr Tan are good buddies. LOLxx...like wat MofMM say, we might end up at the delivery suite ...
happy.gif

Lil Ponyo> yes! my office also similar arrangement. Sigh. Sit on mrt seat also not very nice. Hehe.

Girl Girl, hee, I'm very bad, I stopped taking mrt a long time ago. Because half the time I can't get a seat. So have been spending a lot of $ on cabs.

3 weeks of work left for me. Can't wait. I will stop working the day before Vesak day!

Hope, i hv gfs who stil get af despite bf. I think it is normal else hw some ladies can get preg w 2nd bb while stil bf-ing the 1st child...

Reiki, yah I know but kind of Sian to come back so quickly... I miss the padless day haha. How r u and bb doing? How much is your bb drinking now?

Hi GirlGirl, how come thick file leh? I only got a few pcs of paper with the charges on it, 2 envelopes for baby bonus that's it...marriage cert I packed in too, that's all. Am I missing anything?

Hi Babysmurf, wow Ralph Lauren! Anyway for clothes, after you pop sure will receive lots more, esp gift sets from friends n colleagues...then u having first month celebration, even more clothes! Hehe will b nice if your baby have same birthday as her Papa. I originally wanted to book 26 for my C sec, but it's a Sun n Dr Tan warned me tt have to pay a premium so abandon the idea tho its my wedding anniversary.

Hi Lil & GirlGirl, yup better test the electrical stuff purchased n get warranty in place, even for strollers and cots. Didn't expect my sterilizer to have prob when I first test run it but thankfully it's fine now.

I was wondering if need to pack a thermal flask to hospital to ensure always have warm water or to keep red date tea in?

Back