(2013) ivf/icsi mummies Support group

Dollygal: I have very bad morning sickness during my 1st trimester and pelvis pain during my 2nd trimester. I didnt dare to take the risk after trying so hard.

Mofmm: That is fast. You have less than 20 days? Im experiencing back pain now especially at night.

Lil: You opting for C-sect? i gg for natural birth and without epidural. Hope i can bear the pain. How long are you resting before your due date?
I agree with you, nowadays Singaporean are really terrible, they dont give up seats to preggie and pretend to be sleeping.

Dian tang: Congrats! I am looking forward to carry my girl soon. Tummy getting bigger and very uncomfortable. Cant sit, stand and sleep well.

Ladies, any advice whether i shld take 1 or 2 week rest before due?

Mofmm, thanks, will start looking for confinement lady plan B! I had the same thought, I was thinking maybe she is back in Malaysia to vote. Anyway, will keep trying.

I'm lucky, Gleneagles provide red date tea for all mummies as well as confinement meals during the stay. So that's one less thing for pack for us.

PSP, ya mine is a scheduled c sec not by choice. My placenta is too low and almost covering cervix. Furthermore, it is blocking baby from turning to head down position. You are a brave momma! Natural with no epidural! My prenatal yoga instructor would be proud to hear that! Ha ha! Some of things that my instructor suggested for natural birth is perineal massage, lots of kegel exercise (like 300 a day!!!) and breathing techniques that prolong your out breath. All these are supposed to help with labour. Some of the mummies in the class are even opting to give birth in a squatting position because apparently it is easier to push than lying down. Anyway, I digress
happy.gif
Jia you!

I'm only taking 5 days off before my delivery. My last day is 23 May and my delivery is 29 May. I think how long you take before your delivery really depends on how you and your body feels. Best is listen to your body (and doctor!).

Hope, yah sian hor...wonder when will mine report. My bb now drinking 130-140ml. He will cry for mill every 2.5h then notti me will drag and coax him till 3h. Hee... hw abt urs?
Ur baby went for hep b dose 2 already right? When gg for 5-in-1 or 6-in-1?
Mine due for jab next week.....

Reiki, maybe yours won't come till u stop bf? My bb drinking about the same but can last her 3 hrs in the day and 4-5 hrs at night. Sometimes I will drag also if its less than 3 hrs haha.
Going to make apptm at polyclinic for 5-in-1 but haven't call yet. Your bb going for 2nd dose hep B next week? So do u plan to go polyclinic for 5 in 1?

Hope, after last feed for the day, can last bb 4-6 h till nxt feex at night. Then after taf bk to 3 hrly.
Cos hep b dose 2 need to be taken after 1 mth b4 2mth right? So tink my bb missed it. Will probably follow pd though polyclinic can realli save alot. Ask u..the waiting at polyclinic fir the jabs...hw long ah?

Girl girl n mofmm: for Kkh natural delivery can book without dr letter. If c sect need dr letter then can book. The class b1 n A1 different of $1k for 3d2n. Epi also different charges. Have not include baby's charges. Me probably booking B1.

Hi PSP, yup 2 wks 2 days left. Opted for C Sec since Twin A (lower one) still remains breech n Twin B is transverse...no sign of them turning or being able to given how tightly packed they are in me.
Me too getting backache - maybe it's due to weight of babies plus amniotic fluid plus placenta. Can't sleep on back anymore, always on side. When is your EDD? Admire tt you are going for natural without epi! All the best! Maybe u can check with the doctor on taking rest/mc/HL before your due date.

Hi Babysmurf, I see. How was your check up today? Got go up to nursery to look at newborn babies?

Hi Reiki, babysmurf and hope, I called up polyclinic and was informed that their injection schedule differ fr my private pd. My pd suggested Hep 2nd dose, roto and 5-in -1 on mth 2 but polyclinic is Hep2nd on mth1 and roto & 5-in 1 in mth2. And was told if I go private can't go back to poly as the schedule different and some dose different too. Like Rotovirus, private 3 doses but poly 2 doses... Charges wise, I also compare... private slightly more ex for Hep but cheaper for 5-in 1... (was told for polyclinic: Hep $22; roto $90X2; 5-in-1 $91, only Hep can use medisave, the others cash)

You can always call up polyclinic to make appt first, then won't have to wait for too long (according to the polyclinic staff)

Private pd is trained PD. Polyclinic is general GP. If needed, then the GP will refer to hospital PD.

reikibaby, wow your baby drink so much already? my bb drinks 60 -70ml fm only. Daytime almost every 2 hourly, nighttime can stretch to about 3-4hr. Is it too little?

According to PD there's a formula like (weight(kg) * 150mL)/ 8 [ie.3 hourly so 24hour /3 = 8], can drink more but not less...

Znatasha, maybe you try increase the feed then can drink every 3h? I find drinking 2hrly very tiring. So how long did you wait for the jab at polyclinic?

Reiki baby, I didn't wait too long coz made appointment in advance before going. Yah can still take hep B 2nd dose. I wanted to make appointment for 5 in 1 but have not call yet.

Znatasha, like what Reiki says increase the amount? I always use 3 hourly as a gauge to see if baby is drinking enough. And base on the formulae it's quite accurate.

mofmm: I heard that epidural will causes backpain so i decided not to as i have a history of serious backpain. maybe i cant endure the pain and ask for it. Ha ha

Oh ya, i just recall you are carrying twins. Are you looking forward? Both girls or boys?

Psp: if I didn't remember wrongly, we June one all girl girl.
I also hear abt the after effect for epidural. If can I also try to Tehan. Jelly legs as days get nearer.

Babysmurf> ya c-sec need doctor letter.

So tired this week before i go off and rest at home. A colleague away on course for 3 days .... zzzzz....

but i am happy that BB is doing fine. Her kicks are getting more intense. And feeling more BH contractions...

Mofmm: today check baby 2.8kg. Just booked my ward. She turned down. Difficult to walk so didn't go up. Next review in 1wks time. Gan chiong. Ask for 1wk hL to rest n final clear up her stuffs. My mum also preparing her beanie pills.

Hi PSP, I see - hehe, no right or wrong on how to deliver since each case so many diff factors but bottom line is that must deliver the little ones safely. Mine are both girls n I am looking forward so much. Can't wait to stop the vomiting - every day falling on my knees clutching the bowl with tears streaming down, belching gas n vomit then cleaning up...it's awful. At least when babies are out, I can share the misery hehehe.

Hi Babysmurf, ya other than DianTang n Lil Ponyo, the rest of us popping this month/early next month expecting girls. ;)
Wow your baby is a good weight - almost 3kg! Yay - and some more turn down like GirlGirl's baby. You both so fortunate have chance for a natural delivery. I still feel my Twin A drumming away with her little feet near my cervix so I know she is still breech, have to C-sec. What is beanie pills?

Hi GirlGirl, yup me starting to zzz a lot. Wake up no earlier than 930 then afternoon nap again. Babies also super active in there the last few weeks.

babysmurf> good weight. BB shd be ready liao
happy.gif
...hehe...

MofMM> beanie pills are the tau gey pillows. I have 3 of them. Hehe so can rotate lo.

for me my guess is that BB is squeezing for space...today she use her feet to jab my upper torso....i hope for at least 2.6-2.8kg can liao...come out and can carry home...

Mofmm: yup yup beanie pillow. My mum will make 3-5small small one.

Girl girl: what ur girl weight. I only scare too big. But dr tan keep said no problem. Maybe my butt big. Hahaha

Girl girl: did Kkh admin staff said our consultation with dr can use medisave as maternity package. Delivery package is another separate deduction. I so blur.

Babysmurf, congratulations on healthy baby weight and baby has turned down! You too Girl Girl!!

As Mofmm said, it so wonderful that both of you and Psp can do natural birth. My placenta is blocking my baby so he is always in traverse position and can't turn down.

Baby kicks are stronger now and although sometimes painful, I enjoy them. It gives me a peace of mind that he is fine
happy.gif
these few days my skin around my under belly feels so stretched to the point of stinging sensation. I can see my stretch marks multiplying everyday. Sigh...

Congrats on all mummies to be
happy.gif

Jus have a personal question to ask. I have a cyst which gynae say better drain out before FET transfer. I m thinking whether anyone has similar experience to share huh? As it is blood cyst, gynae say it will come back again if menses come. Headache...

Dian tang congrats! The feeling of carrying your little one is wonderful right?

Babysmurf good weight. Soon will be ur turn. I bought 3months old clothing for full month.

Hope i can understand it. my menses came twice n my bb is only 3months plus. Furthermore I fully latch her during first month. So disappointed cos I thou I can drink cold drinks n eat sashimi without being guilty. Haha.

sade> sashimi is good! full of omega 3 & 6 for bb!... my friends who bf say it is good. Cold drinks perhaps take in moderation lar. Cut down on coke and drink non-carbonated drinks. Jiayou mummy...

babysmurf> my girl weight last chk @ W33 is 2kg. Now is ard 2.5 i think. Feeling very very heavy and i look like a whale.
sad.gif
... hmm KKH never mention about see doctor can use medisave. delivery package can use medisave. I using my own medisave, and ah lao pay cash lor.

ytd night took out ROM cert and pack into admission document bag, together with the documents and BB bonus forms.... am i too kancheong?

Good morning ladies, really happy that it's Wednesday and the only 2 days to go to weekend. Ha ha! Today is exactly 3 weeks away from my delivery date! Counting down
happy.gif

Mummies & June mummies, ay I ask if you sleep with baby (and confinement lady if you have) in the same room? Or you sleep separately with DH and go to baby during the night to feed?

whiteclover I din. now when she sleeps, she will rotate.

girl girl I like to drink 7up. ya sashimi is good but not good for womb bah. its good to be well prepared. guess u must be looking forward to holding ur bb in ur arms too. babies are so cute!

Hi GirlGirl, nothing wrong to pack everything in - I was even thinking whether I should fill in the bb bonus forms this weekend hehe. Thanks for explaining about the beanie pillows - I don't have any n not going to use any pillows n bolsters for them.

Keep feeling the babies hiccup very often n long, esp after eating n drinking. And it's getting to be a real challenge to walk as become breathless so easily. Definitely not going to baby fair this weekend n read it is a small scale one anyway.

Sade so not alone! When did ur AF report?

Chevy, I didn't experience a drop in supply at least not yet for now.

Lil Ponyo, my CL sleep with bb in another room. So when it's time for feed she will knock on my door. Co I feel weird sleeping with CL scared will end up not resting well.

MofMM> the beanie pillows i plan to put on the belly area to keep the area warm...hehe... babies like that. They say like mummy's pat pat ...

ya man. I tell u ah, i walk like a penguin. My tummy sometimes very crooked coz my baobei stick out her butt (sexy baby?) and let me see. And then sit down, want to get up also very slow. Recently sleep still ok but got go toilet everynight. but after that baobei sleep liao...

Babysmurf: How many weeks are you now? Good weight.

I still have to tahan for another 6-7 weeks. My legs are getting weaker and cramp every night. Cant sit, walk and sleep well and whole body aching. Which hospital and doctor are you in?

Mofmm: Wow it seems like you are really going thru a hard time. You are right, mine also baby June.

Hope: Thanks for your advice. I was also wondering whether to sleep with the CL but abit weird to sleep with her.

Hi Reiki,
I just called up to get info and booked the apptm for polyclinic. No more free slot in the polyclinc near my house have to go to other polyclinic for the 1st jab then book back the plyclinic at my place for subsequent visits. I'm still deciding to go private or poly.

Babysmurf, wow 5-in-1 will be foc, that's good. Maybe my girl able to get that free if we go polyclinic.

Hi Usagi,

your bb is younger than mine and already on 90ml fm, wow. My girl is 7 weeks old now, she only drink max 70ml each time leh, if I give more she will take a long time to finish.

Znatasha,
I follow the guide per the fm bottle. Anyway, bb can really eat. I hope ok ba. When he discharge, nurse already say to feed him 40ml per 3 hr. now he nearly one month old.

hmm seems like more and more ppl are gg for polyclinic for jabs. I am thinking of the 6-in-1. But chicken pox and pneumococcal is excluded right?

Alison> tahan tahan!! come let's jiayou. I am with KKH under Dr Khoo CK after my ivf journey. My whole body also aching like mad. Can really feel the ligaments stretching and cramps. Even now the fake / Braxton Hicks contractions are getting more intense (but not painful).

Alison> i booked my delivery package (natural delivery) at the KKH admission office. So the counter staff give me the BB bonus package ..inside got forms, and OCBC/SCB booklets about BB bonus etc.

Alison: mine 36wks. My girl under dr tan HH care since ivf at Kkh. Heehee.

Baby bonus form u need to submit upon getting the b/c to get the baby bonus from govt like the bank acct. govt will top 1:1. Was given to us when we book our ward.

Girl girl: the maternity package form was given to me to sign. The staff also they will help me to submit to cpf to draw for my medisave to pay for the previous dr consultation during pregnancy. Different from the withdrawn for delivery package.

Haven't been here for a few days. How's everyone doing?

Dian tang, congrats!
happy.gif

Usagi, your baby can really eat. Have you gone for pd check up already? What's your bb's weight now?

Ladies, anyone bottle feed and experience bb not wanting or finishing feeds? My bb has been like that and crying and sleeping a lot. I think he cried until tired that's why sleep a lot. A little worried. I tried to call the pd clinic this morning to inquire. They asked me to leave my contact number and get pd to call me back but until now, she hasn't called! I called again and they say she's out for lunch!
sad.gif

Back