(2013) ivf/icsi mummies Support group

Joyfully, glad u r moving on. With the support from ur dh, i'm sure u can hold a few bundles of joy very soon. Jiayou!

Usagi- actually when u see yr gynae next week, can check with him if can start on vits.

Luvnhope is right. First trimester, folic is enuf. Just need to take some healthy meals eg fish, veggies, fruits, proteins.

Start of second trimester that is where u start all the vitamins prescribed by doctor.

Think of it this way - first trimester is to stabilize. Second trimester is to 'bu'.

And not to forget, drink lots of water.

MTBs, I just realised most of skincare contains some form of retinol!!!! Although it's always listed last or last few of the ingredients
sad.gif

Can ladies share what skincare brands u r using? Looks like I need a ttl overhaul very soon!

Chevy, I don't eat too much cod fish cos worried of mercury content. Once awhile I will eat. But during 2nd trimester. Mackerel n stingrays are definitely no no for me.

As for skin care, now I only wash my face using la Roche porsay. No facial for me. And I only use almond oil as moisturiser. Just these 2 products. Just wanna cut down all facial products cos like u said a lot of products contain retinol.

Sade, ya lor, that's wat I was told too
sad.gif
But I luv pan fried cod fish hehehhee so everything in moderation!
happy.gif

Wah....ur skincare routine so simple! I got oily yet dry n sensitive skin. Hence must be careful wat i apply
sad.gif
Maybe I will switch to just use argan oil.

What about ur cleansing? I am using humphrey's. End up toner got salicylic acid, cleansing milk got retinol....

Yup. Everything in moderation. I take salmon or cod daily. Am using cetaphil for cleansing and l occitane precious cream as moisturiser. Occasionally, I use almond oil and california baby lotion.

Fat chicken,hcg triggers ohss.so thats normal. You just need to ensure you take plenty of water . 2-3 litres. Your bloat is probably due to ohss。

chevy, i used to love fish but then now scare of fish. haha. maybe i think and read too much. I ate fish twice or thrice a week.

I have almost same skin condition as yours but i had pimples on and off. I also need to be careful of what i apply, but i used to experiment a lot of products. haha. i used to apply estee lauder night repair and also the eye cream but stopped. I also stopped all the moisturisers and sunscreen. Me super ks. think for only 9 months, so just play safe. So i only used cleanser and almond oil.

white clover Salmon is good, but daily seems too much for me.

Gals I'm using SKII not sure if can continue? Are the ingredients listed on the documents skin are page unsafe for use? Haha I'm confused...
happy.gif

hope i don't use SKII but read fr other threads that some said ok to use, some said not.

usagi_2011 durians ok to eat but not too much. too heaty and v bu. heard that eating durians will have big bb.

Sade I checked the ingredients for cleanser. There's none of the ingredients listed but too bad I can't check the ingredients for essence and moisturiser coz its not on the bottle itself. Maybe I will go to the malls and check hee.

Hope ya the ingredients listed by white clover on the doc are unsafe for use.

Better check with the counter staff.

During first trimester, bb's organs are forming so it's really important to use products sparingly.

Actually I checked the SKII website, they have a Q&A stating that their products are safe for use for pregnancy and nursing. But will still double check for assurance. Thanks!

Whiteclover, I used to be using cetaphile cleanser too, then switch to derma n now to humphrey. Need to change again liao
sad.gif

Errr....salmon or cod fish everyday ah?

Sade, I do try to eat fish daily if possible. If not chix or red meat like beef. Need animial protein too for bb's development
happy.gif

I am so definitely continue to use sunscreen as I can see my freckles more clearly now
sad.gif
Will stick with argan until I can find another substitute. Hope it won't break me out meanwhile
happy.gif

chevy, i ate 2 hard boiled eggs a day for protein. also chicken, pork or beefs.

I read before sun screen are safe to use.

Do you know why dr zou asked u to eat durians?

Sade, wah....2 eggs ah? with yolks(luv them!)? do watch out on the cholestrol leh. me not a porky fan so that leaves me with chix & beef.

am asked to eat durian cos my body still consider 寒 hence I need heaty foods to warm moi
happy.gif

Chevy of cos without egg yolks. Only 1 egg yolk per week.

Oic. No wonder she told u to eat durians.

wah durians. my body quite liang.. luckily my tcm nvr ask me to take durians 'cos it's my least-liked fruit. in fact, i run far far away when my hb buys it home.

but i have been eating a lot of fried stuff. mcdonalds nuggets, fish burger, texas chicken, mcwings, luncheon meat, char bee hoon... yum yum. veli unhealthy and yet so nice.

wondering - anyone start to feel baby movements already? I'm almost in my 16th week and still nothing. not sure if i shd start to worry.

whiteclover, usually for first pregnancies, u won't start to feel baby's movements till abt 20 weeks. Dun worry! 16 weeks is still early!

Envy u all can eat what u like. Me still coughing so have to control my food intake. Don't dare to take heaty food now
sad.gif
. I vomited when I drank anmum milk this morning.... So sian

white clover, me also eat alot of mac burgers, popoye chickens, fries... how often do u eat it?
I ate it much often than before. must learn to control.

I used to like durians when younger, but now don't really like but will try to eat some.

For week 16 still can't feel bb movements for first time mum like us.

Joanne, hope you will feel better soon, maybe week 13 or 14 onwards.

i love guava with the preserved salt now. Not healthy but can satisfy me. HeHE. I find it's also good for conspitation.

Sade - I am 16 weeks now. Ms has subsided but appetite still not very good. So worried that my bbs are not getting enough nutrients
sad.gif

Joanne it's really nt easy to carry twins. Jia you.

Week 16 alrdy n appetite nt good. Maybe try to eat ur favorite food now. Eat eggs white. Protein. Hope ur appetite is back soon. Maybe drink annum after some biscuits or bread. Don't drink on empty stomach.

Something to lift my spirits after the puking and bloatedness... I think I felt my baby move!!
happy.gif

Been feeling little flutters but wasn't sure it was baby tho i suspected it was. Cos they were so mild it could still have been gas or my imagination, LOL.
But just felt a more distinct rippling movement. Hee... I'm a happy mum.
happy.gif

That's awesome! I'm looking fwd to it.

Do ppl give up their seats at mrt voluntarily?
Till now, not once. I told my hb whenever I stand in front of someone who's sitting down, he/she immediately close eyes to koon.

Luv,
That's great! I can't wait to feel mine
happy.gif

I've not been eating healthily too. I'm like a carnivore now, only can stomach meat. Can't eat any veggies but I'm trying till eat more fruits if I feel up to it. Currently, fried chicken wins r my fav hehe cheese burgers too. Sometimes eat liao will vomit butthat's what I can swallow now.

eskimo, just eat what u can stomach for now lor...
I donno why baby didn't seem to feel like eating today for me.

Luv, im so envious of u! I can feel your joy
happy.gif

Ladies, i used to avoid fried food but have been eating them more now too. Will have to make an effort !
Although im just 5 weeks, my tummy bloats so much after meal that i look very pregnant. Trying to hide it now..

Tutu, no need to envy. Your turn will come!
happy.gif

Actually the movements are still very small. Can't wait for them to be bigger and much more obvious. Then I'd REALLY be convinced. LOL.

Luv do u feel the fluttering movements a lot of times per day?
Keeping myself high alert for it.

First time mummies might not even recognise the fluttering at first, so most likely will take longer for them to really feel the movement. In my first preg, it was on hindsight that I realised the bubbling movements I'd felt earlier on were baby moving, LOL.

Luv, so exciting! I can't wait.. My next dr's appt seems so far away.. I can't wait to see baby during the scans.. My fav part of dr's appt.

BabyG, all's well for u i hope? I know what u mean. I'm also anxious to see baby and make sure he/she is fine. Ur appt will come soon. In the meantime, just talk to ur little one.
happy.gif

Back