(2013/12) December 2013

Hi

I have the following brand new items to sell. Please contact [email protected] or 97440444 to quote your price if you are interested.

1 X 6 piece Breast Shell Set
1 X Moisturising Nipple Cream
10 X Breast Milk Containers 180ml/6oz - 1 set
2 X 125ml/4oz classic feeding bottles with 0m+ teats
1 X 125ml/4oz classic feeding bottles with 0m+ teat

Hi mummies. Can I check with you for non first time mummies here. Do you keep the milk bottles from your last baby for the next one? Or you throw everything and buy new one for your new baby? I have glass bottles and bpa free plastic bottle and 5 medela bottles that I only use occasionally when I am still pumping. My son now is 34 months liao. All milk bottles still in good conditions. I find it a waste to throw. But I know there are kiasu kiasi mummies that would throw the bottle in a heartbeat lol.

I also have this glass bottle from the hospital and I bought the plastic lid to storage breastmilk. Should I throw that too?

Hi mummies. Can I check with you for non first time mummies here. Do you keep the milk bottles from your last baby for the next one? Or you throw everything and buy new one for your new baby? I have glass bottles and bpa free plastic bottle and 5 medela bottles that I only use occasionally when I am still pumping. My son now is 34 months liao. All milk bottles still in good conditions. I find it a waste to throw. But I know there are kiasu kiasi mummies that would throw the bottle in a heartbeat lol.

I also have this glass bottle from the hospital and I bought the plastic lid to storage breastmilk. Should I throw that too?

Hi mummies,

My Edd is 20/12, i will like to add to facebook, who can i pm to.
happy.gif

Cleodux,
For glass bottles, i will keep them, but for plastic bottles, as they turn yellow after a while, i will throw away.

Dun think i will keep the bottles, but can recycle or trade in. I saw pple trading in old bottles for new ones at some baby fair. In fact there is one this week 30 may-2 jun at expo hall 6.

hi mummies,

I need advice . I am looking for a gynae who is expert in dealing high risk pregnancy. Do you have anyone to recommend? Today I received a card stating I an anti E present in my blood and this can caused serious complication to my baby, to extend that the baby might need to be early deliver for blood transfusion for serious case.But the gynae i am seeing now is only able to see me in July. I am very worried.
sad.gif

hi kris, sheena, i see that someone has added u to the fb group, can u check your email to see if you have receive any notifications?

ximi i have private msg u my email, do send me your email then i can add u
happy.gif

Hi momma3kids I tried to PM you my email address but you do not accept PM. I do not wish to post my email address here as I understand from another mummy we will receive a lot of junk emails subsequently. Thanks!

Hi momma_3, I don't know why i don't have any emails to notify me to join to group. FB doesn't show that i am in the group either. Help! is it my privacy setting? Can try sending me again?

hi kris
i tried adding u again
but it's mentioned that u've been invited to the group via email already.
is it in ur spam?
idk how 2 PM also wo. sry
sad.gif

-hana

Hi HanaHuiyi,
I do not receive any notifications too.

What is the group's name? I try to search for it?

Hi cleodux, actually I have been thinking about this too. It's really a pity.
I think I might use the bottles but of course new teats.

I am using the Pigeon PPSU bottles and quite exp each leh

Tried finding in the junk and still can't find it.
sad.gif
Any group name that i can search? But if it is private/secret, i can't find it either. How huh?

New here, edd 29 December 13! Going through my first trimester.. 9 weeks only.. Just saw my bb wiggling on ultrascan yesterday! So excited! But I am having evening sickness, only able to stomach food morning and afternoon will lose appetite around 7pm everyday sigh...

Hi Elaine, welcome! My EDD is about 1 week earlier then yours, but I realise everytime I visit the gynae the EDD keep changing.

Hi mummies,

I'm selling pre-loved "yaolan " at $60. Used less than 3weeks. Suitable from newborn to about 12kg.

Self collection @ Yio Chu Kang (near AMK Ave 4).

Pls pm me if interested. Thx!

Hana, could u pm me ur email then I add u as a fren in fb? then maybe after adding then u can del e invitation n re invite me again. sorry for troubling.
sad.gif
I dunno why I can't receive any notification.

Our thread seems to be slow...is everyone chatting on fb instead? I am not so keen on fb cos like not very privacy. Although is private chat, but not sure if it is really secure.

Anyway, hope some of us still can chit chat & share info & experience here. Jan 2014 thread are moving fast, sometimes do pop by to read. Heee!

By the way, I'm doing my oscar test at kkh taking the combined pkg of bloodtest & scan. My bloodtest was done at week 10 while my scan will be done at week 12 which is nxt week.

Like to seek advice from mummies who hv done the test in kkh, usually how fast will we know the result? My scan is scheduled on 12/6 n my gynae apptm is in the afternoon. Possible to know the result by then? Or i have to wait for nxt gynae apptm (which i guess 3-4wk later)...?

good morning mommies and mommies to be!

hi hi littleone1705, i am also expecting my #3!

faithe, i did oscars last week but not from kkh thou. but so far from the past 2 pregnancies experiences, no news means good news
happy.gif
if gynae never call, means u pass thru the oscars test...

Morning everyone!

Hi Faithe! Didn't see you here for some time. How's your appointment with Dr Han?

I just crossed over to 2nd trimester, starting week 14 now. MS seems to slowly subside and my sense of smell is not that sensitive already.
happy.gif

I opted out of OSCARS cos both my HB and my belief is we'll give birth to the child regardless. We also don't want to have unnecessary worry too..

Initially I wanted to join the FB group after 1st trimester, but think the other MTBs are chatting at the closed FB group liao. So I think I'll also park myself here. I have a bit of worry about using FB cos of privacy issues too.
happy.gif

* Letting go Avent breast shells (BNIB) - $10

* Used once NUK wide neck bottle (small bottle - 125ml / 150ml) - $5

* Lightly used Avent digital warmer (Used less than a month) - $ 30

* BNIB Pigeon Compact sterilizer - $30 (Warranty available)

* Lamaz activity mat (Lightly used) - $20

* GNC Goldmind DHA (1 bottle and FOC another open bottle which I had taken abt 8 pills) = $30

* Fenugrek (Brand new bottle) - $15

Email me at [email protected]

Hi rurukumi, faithe & momma3kids,

Same as all of you. Worried about the privacy issue in posting my email add here and prefer to chat over here. Ending my 1st trimester this Sun. EDD is 22 Dec for #1.

Having very bad "Evening sickness", felt so bloated n nauseous from late noon onwards till night time.. Burping non stop.. Haiz dunno when will it improve? Already lost some weight le.. Did you gals keep to the 3 mths taboo? (not announcing the news) Because of my evening sickness, till now we haven tell my PIL..scared she force me to eat.. :p

Hi Wimt! (Wave~)

Actually my MS was whole day, I even have motion sickness too. But I agree my MS was worst during late afternoon/ evening time. Could it be because you are hungry? I lost 1 kg when I went for my last gynae appt. Hope my appetite picks up soon.

I just told my male superior yesterday about me expecting. It was quite funny cos I was trying to avoid a teambuilding overnight camp (got high elements and zipline thingie) so have no choice but to tell him. He ended up being so enthu and even recommended his wife's gynae and even suggested ways to plan my maternity leave!

My parents and PIL already knew for some time, but they're quite ok lah. Didn't ask me to take tonics or what. Just ask me to take calcium and vitamins. My MIL quite modern, she believes more in balanced diet.

I haven't tell any of my girfriends/ other colleagues yet. But if they ask me whether I'm preggy, I won't deny also lah.
happy.gif

Any of you looking for massage lady or CL already?

Hihi all, nice to hear that you all prefer chatting here.
happy.gif
if not, i will be bored.

Ruru, i've seen dr han on wk8, he was very busy that day n very rush. But can feel he tried to reassure me. I waited almost 2hr for him but go in only 5mins. I was abit disappointed he didnt give me a scan of the pic. I miss my bb...
Also, after the apptm, i wrote him an email asking abt using salonplas cos my disc bulges issue comes back, till now no reply. I guess he is too busy ba.
That time i wrote to dr Jerry of ivf dept, he reply mi within nxt day. Mayb he more free ba. I will b seeing dr han nxt wed when coming wk12.

Momma, wimt, i had MS in my early week but till wk 8 suddenly get better but wk 9 got worst. Same like some of u, very strong in evening...couldnt eat n no appetite. My pre-pregrancy weight is 75kg (i m obese) but now drop to 71kg. Its gd for mi i think. But i worry bb got nutrients or not. At same time i m seeing diabetic dr at clinic A every 3 week. Being pregnant is really very xinku, esp for my case which has pre-existing condition. But i keep telling myself to perserve for the sake of my bb. N must b happy. Although i do hv mood swing.

I hv told my immediate superior n boss cos of the frequent medi apptm. I hv not official told my mum n family but only a closed frd as i need support n someone to tok too..

Oh ya, congrats to those who promote to 2nd trim. So happy for u all. I hope mine faster too.

I m just wondering if dr han can give me the result on 12/6.

Hi all, I m a 2nd time mum! Only my family n hubby's family know about my pregnancy. Next Mon is my 12 weeks! Edd is 23 Dec. I will then announce to my boss. Hee.

My evening sickness is quite bad for this pregnancy. will start late afternoon. feel hungry but can't eat after a few mouths of dinner.
sad.gif
Very sensitive to smell n will feel like vomiting for some smell!

ruru, nt sure if you can get the result e same day but shld know it before ur next appt. The nurse will typically call u.

I booked my cl already cos happen that my mum had a contact. Still have nt called my massage lady.

rurukumi, i booked my CL already! better book fast, i think the gd ones are already gone, esp now that jan MTBs out too. But havent book massage lady thou. cos i will be doing csection, so cant massage till the 3rd week.

i m in my 14 week+ thank god MS is gone, enjoying the best of my 2nd trimester now!

Wow, CL need to book so early? I m quite inexperience. In fact, i dun even noe when to start buying maternity wear, where to buy etc. n when to buy bb things like clothing, milk bottles or bath tube etc. Both my sisters kids alrdy teenagers, dun think they can remb so long ago thing too.

Hi everyone! Im expecting my #2 now edd on Christmas eve
happy.gif
#1 is now 2 years 7 months. I have been seeing Dr Yu Su Ling at SGH since #1's time. Did a scan at 9 wks, could hear hearbeat and baby was size of a bean at 2.5cm.

Hope every mummy here will have a smooth and great pregnancy!

Hi mummies,

I'm selling pre-loved "yaolan " at $60. Used less than 3weeks. Suitable from newborn to about 12kg. Portable and comes with safety belt. 

Letting go bumbo chair with tray @ $20. This is very useful to train babies to sit n strengthen their back. Can use from 4mth old. 

Walker selling at $50. Used about 2mths cos I bought it late - when my daughter was 1year old. Less than 2mths later she started to walk pretty well so she had no use of the walker. The plaything on it's tray is not working though. When we first bought it realised the lights didn't light up but were too lazy to change. 

The pics are still too big to be uploaded despite after resizing.  Email pics to ur email acct can be done upon request. 

Self collection @ Yio Chu Kang Rd (near AMK Ave 4). Pls pm me if you are keen. Thx!

Hey mummies!

How are you all doing?

I have been pretty phantom since I joined.. Have been dealing with MS too.. Thankfully it has gone down more or less..

Anyway those mummies who might think that the fb group is more active.. actually its not compared to here.. So no worries.. the group is a 'secret group' so no worries about the privacy issue.

Have u mummies checked out the other threads? They have this table whereby they collate their EDD/gynae data. Shall we do one for our thread as well?

hey mummies....
Its time to join back forum talks again.. this is my #3.. EDD shld be on 13 Dec...

Better to chat here or through FB? my email - [email protected]

agreed, we can do a table for all Dec mummies...

I start...

EDD-13 Dec
Gynae - Caroline Khi
Hosp - TMC

Wow..

U all fast!! All already booked CL. Because my DH is very bantang, he prefer to check out the CL only after my 1st trimester.. ni even need to deny when my close frenz ask me.
sad.gif
n make matters worst, my nxt checkup is only only on 17th June while coming Mon is my 1st day to 2nd trimester.. Dunno can pass the 1st trimester or not (Keeping fingers crossed)

HiFi, Kris! Our EDD is very close..

Massage lady is those that do JAMU?? (Post delivery massage??) Can englighten me, What the purpose for massage lady?

yes i agree. good massage lady can help u get rid of the excess wind in ur tummy. i always burp and fart after massage, heehee.

Welcome Bernice!

Wow, you're 2nd-time mummy, congrats!
Do pop in whenever you're free to share advice with newbie MTBs like myself.

For CL, I was also worried that the good ones are already taken.
sad.gif

Currently, my HB told me that my MIL could help cook the confinement dishes for me. Since we stay very near to one another, my HB said he could tingkat everything back from my MIL place.
So, I'm not sure if I even need to hire a CL if it's just for taking care of the BB.

faithe: Think Dr Han might be busy that day, that's why forgot to pass you the scan. Normally he would save a scan for you. Maybe it's slotted into your file? I nearly forgot to take the scan last time and I went back and as the nurse to retrieve it for me. If you want a more thorough scan/ hear hearbeat through doppler, do feel free to tell Dr Han. He's generally accommodating. We must maximise our consultation fee leh. Don't pai seh!
happy.gif

yes. a good massage lady supposed to help fatten the tummy faster!

I want to join fb secret grp but seems like I cant receive e fb message. PM me e link of e group?

hi everyone.. my edd is 28 dec and this is my 2nd one. i just delivered my first last dec and this bb is really a surprise to me n hub!

Kris: My HB has choped leave for Dec already. He said he'll help out and we'll likely take turns ba. I'm a natural night owl, so hope it's still ok for night feeds.

I saw some of my friends coped pretty well without CLs, so I was thinking worse come to worse, my mum could come to help. Haha... I'm trying to be gung-ho!

I'm more keen to find massage lady actually. Cos I have problem of bloated tummy since young, worried it'll be difficult to get rid of the excess fats/air..

Sounds like having a massage lady will be good. But i really blur here. So we r supposed to do the massage before delivery or after delivery or after confinement?? Is a house call type right??

Back