(2013/12) December 2013

Hi HanaHuiyi
I am struggling at work too!
I feel nauseous when I get hungry when doing work and I am not able to eat immediately so I have to endure..I cant stand too long and I am so easily tired and cramped up at the tummy if I stand and walk too much
sad.gif
I am trying to endure.... My tummy is showing though I am only 8 weeks too. ALl in all, I just want to sit and daze cos its just so tiring..

Hi Cleodux
Thought its fine to use sheet masks?:p I am using weekly right now....In fact I am using SK2 as well... Take care til your scan and try to think positive
happy.gif
Worries will make us even more anxious:p

Audrey: I also can't stand standing up for long. Haha. I think it's good to be nausea (good indicator of the pregnancy?). Sometimes when I don't feel nausea I get paranoid. Hahaha.

Thankfully I just feel very lazy to work, still have the energy so far, because I work with kids, it can get quite tiring.

Winny: Is it useful to get a confinement lady? Because I probably will be living with my in-laws. Not sure if it's convenient to get a CL or tingkat. Haha.

Lavender: my body gets warmer usually at night only ;)

lavender, some nights i do feel warmer..not vy consistent. so my aircon temp has been adjusting up n down these few weeks..

Hi everyone!

I'm a 1st-time MTB and I'm around 8 weeks now. EDD is 10 Dec.
happy.gif

Lavender: I do feel more warm since getting preggy and sweat more. I'm not someone who sweat a low, so it's really a new experience for me. But I would also feel chills sometimes during seemingly hot weather. So don't worry too much, think it's quite normal.

Cleodux: All the best for you scan on Sat! I was very worried too as for my 1st scan at week 5, only saw a sac and my doctor sounded so worried. Luckily things turned out fine during the 2nd scan and saw the BB's heartbeat too. I'm sure things would be fine.
happy.gif

Just an observation that this thread is moving quite slowly. Not sure if it's because most MTBs are in the FB group. I'm not that comfortable to join the FB group till after 1st trimester, so I'll be lurking around here for the time being.
happy.gif

Dear ladies,

New to this forum.would need some advice from you ladies.
Anyone having dark red bleeding/ discharge during their 5th week? I have been having brown discharge follow by pinkish discharge since earlier weeks. But so far the bleeding and discharge are not a lot. Not enough to fill up a panty liner..

Anybody Experience this before? Went to dr yesterday and did a scan. Only manage to see a sac with a very very faint yolk sca. Dr did not comment much. Just put me on dydrogesterone 3 times a day.

kinda of worried..

Hi Cherie,
I stay with my in laws too. The thing is if you don't get one, ten they have to do all the house work especially washing baby's clothes and urs too. If they are "Bandang", some believe mother's clothes are "dirty" during confinement thus have to wash separately with the rest. For me, who cares as long as someone does it.
So during confinement I should try to minimize contact with water.
CL will do all for you like your maid but if you r a first time mom, CL might teach you a trick or two.
But your family especially in laws should also try to understand to avoid any conflicts later.
Not all CL will do the same so before you engage, please state what is your requirements.
Hope this helps!
happy.gif

audrey - haha, my colleagues say im getting more temperamental at work -.- anyway 1 of them also commented that my belly is a giveaway that im preggy sobsob

dollygal - i invited u already. hope u received it!

eve - welcome! i didn't experience that but did read online that it can be pretty normal & ur doc didn't comment anything is good uh. yes do take dydrogesterone. i taking duphaston till 12th week cuz mine is ivf baby. wish u best of luck. don't worry too much & do rest more.
happy.gif

Thanks hanahuiyi, i received the invite finally..

I was tempermental just now in the evening. My neigbour upstairs like giant walking, from morning 7++ i woke up till at nite till midnite, i can wear the walking n closing doors..i used to b able to ren but just now i actually changed clothes n want to go upstairs n tell them off . My dh stopped me...

on mc for 2 days.. dont know how am i going back to work tmrw.. super sianz.... my 17mth old totally drain all my energy..and it doesnt help that i am puking non-stop.. :<

Hi Poseidon!
Seems like our timeline quite similar.

For me, I'm glad my hubby helps out. Sometimes I feel really really tired and don't feel like doing anything and waking up. Coz I get the vomit feeling the moment I wake up. My food intake reduced by half too which I am still learning to control.

This 2nd pregnancy do not share the same feeling when I had my first. Haha... Probably now experienced already.

Hi Good morning everyone! I am trouble with which gynae to see...anyone can advise me? I was put under Dr Jerry Chan in kkivf last year, however i happen to conceive naturally n he saw me in clinic D the last visit. Howevernxt apptm i gotta see him in Kk Private suite. I m thinking to change to dr han hc. But his apptm is fully booked till 25/5. So i guess i had to stick to jerry on 13/5. The nurse say if i change doc i need to pay first consultation twice. So right now, shd i continue under dr jerry or change to dr han after seeing dr jerry on 13/5?

Thanks for adding me to the fb group! Hi mummies, I got the invite through the email not fb. I have also tried to invite the rest by email but fb sometimes weird one, don't know if the invitations I sent were successful.

Hi faithe!

I'm with A/P Han How Chuan at the Private Suite. I do have to agree that Prof Han's appointments are always very packed. I'm seeing him on Saturday afternoons and he sees around 30 patients just on Sat afternoon alone.

I chose him because of the positive reviews I saw on this forum and he is indeed quite popular. Be prepared to wait really long (esp. if he has a complicated case/ delivery). My last appointment, I went to have dessert and shop around AMK before returning to the clinic.

His first appointment cost around $140 (incl. consultation, scan) and subsequent appointments is around $110 or so. If you want to do the scan/check earlier, think it might be good to stick to your original doctor first and then make the switch to Prof Han later on.

Hope this helps.
happy.gif

Hihi,

I've a lightly used Medela Swing local set, condition: 8/10.

Willing to let go @$150neg
Interested pls pm me, tks!
8369557.jpg

Hi rurukumi, thanks for your advice. So it is alright to change gynae as our files (medical history) used will be the same throughout? Cos i hv pre-existing condition, so i am afraid information lost when switch gynae (although the nurses at kk told me its fine to change). So i think i hv to pay first consultation twice. 1 time for jerry &amp; another for dr han. Cos if i wait for dr han's first apptm, it will be 4-5weeks from my last visit.

No prob, faithe.
happy.gif

I was seeing Prof Han at KKH previously and he suggested that I see him at the satellite KKH Clinic at AMK instead as I am staying at Bishan. My file was transferred there without a hitch. So think should not be any issue with changing doctors too.

But if you are worried about info lost during the transition, perhaps could remind Prof Han again when you see him for first consultation about your pre-existing condition. He's quite an experienced gynae and could advise you accordingly.

hi ladies! I am new here. I have just tested positive. Have yet to go for the scan. I would love to join the FB group to seek support from you ladies during the preggy journey. Thank you

Hi all,

This is my first pregnancy, about 7 weeks now. I am having severe bodyaching. Do you all expereince that and how to deduce that?

Hi Mummies,

I've got a few BN items to let go, PM me if interested. Thanks =)

Meetup @ Jurong East / Yishun MRT
or
Registered Postage (pay by buyer)

8374691.jpg

Hi mummies,

I have the following to let go:

- Ikea Sniglar Changing Station with changing mat $35
- Unopened box of Lansinoh Milk Storage Bags x 100 $30
- Brand new in box Tommee Tippee Bottle &amp; Food Warmer $45
- Preloved (Used for 1 month) Tommee Tippee Steam Sterilizer $80 (Can be used with bottles from other brands)
- Brand new in box Philips Avent Steamer/Blender $150

Please PM or email [email protected]. Thanks!

Ya lo.
Maybe everyone is too tired and having morn sickness. I am feeling this way so most of the time if can, I will zzz

good morning mommies!

ya man, first trimester is really tiring. and of cos having to handle the older toddlers at home. no time to rest man

creamdonut, maybe the rest of the mommmies are more active on fb. are u in the fb group?

Hi,

I am new here, and 8 weeks plus pregnant. I went for my scan last sat. I can see the fetus but not the HB. I am super worry. Going to another scan this Sat.

Can anyone add me in FB [email protected]

Hi Piggy, I heard drinking pure chicken soup in the first trimester will make baby's heartbeat stronger. Try it!

Ya the morning sickness is super sian. All the vit b6 n maxolon all dun work one! N appetite very small now, nothing interest me also.

Anyone delivering at tmc bt taking Oscar elsewhere? I read that taking the test at public hospital is cheaper by half leh!!

ello!!
I’d like to sell my baby cot that we seldom used. It’s in white color ;can match with baby boy or girl. It’s really in good condition. When she turned 4months, she went overseas and not used to sleep in the cot anymore. Since then, she sleep inside our bed.

I want to sell at $99 including mattress, teething cover, two bed sheets, bed frame cover and all accessories include with the cot. 99% good shape:).
I am selling cuz moving house soon. Pls contact me at 91834477

Hi all, had been a long time since I came here. Puking for past few weeks and body had finally stabled. I was actually in view of having my bb in KKH and was seeing Prof John Tee (my first babe was delivered by him). Anyway, I was spotting in the early few weeks. The spotting stops after Prof Tee prescribed hormone pills (I got fibroid). Recently I got pink discharge again. Have to go KKH O&amp;G cos u cannot see ur OB w/o appt. The Sr Con did not elaborate further on why I got the pink discharge. Give me the same information of the fibroid and pregnancy risk again then prescribed the hormone med. To my dismay, the pink discharge got heavier in 2 days. Out of desperation, I google for a OB online and headed straight. I just cannot trust KKH O&amp;G anymore! The OB I found told me I got vaginal infection (something that may had happened 2 days ago!) and I got a lot of discharge and clean me up (the KKH Sr give me the same info but he did nothing!). The best part is the new OB told me I got cease as well! The Sr Con i met 2 days ago said none of that!!!! All in all, tis experience I had really made me rethink my decision of going KKH. As much as the doctor is good, u can't access him when u want! But the fears of hefty medical bills worries me. A comparison betw KKH doc and private doc still concludes that the latter is more exp. Maybe someone can share with me their views.

congrats! me just went to check and also confirmed postive. After scanning, the doctor say too small cannot see anything much, so call me wait for 2 weeks later then go back scan. But weird is after scanning, my viginal bleeds till now for 2days. I am so worried. anyone have this happens to u?

All mummies to be, If experience spotting or bleeding, pls see ur gynae immediately. Dun take any risk. My first preg ended up in m/c as i ask frds n they say spotting is normal. While some mayb normal but we shd not take any risk. Its better go let gynae check n scan.
Piggy, mi oso had first m/c in 2009. I m suppose to go for ivf this june. Then i found to conceive naturally in march while i went for a trip. I guess relaxation n stress free helps. So now i dun wanna take any that may endanger my bb.
I had my first scan in 5wk cos i went bk to my doc in chg of my ivf after i discovered i was pregn after self test kit. The bb was only 2mm n w hb. I was so happt.
A week later, i discovered a bloodclot while passing motion. I was damn afraid n i immediately went 24hr kk clinic. Luckily, the doc say there is no bleeding in vaginal or anus. N a scan show the bb has become 8mm. Relieved although had to spent money...Until now, i duno where that 5cent bloodclot comes from...then doc give 3days mc n duphaston to stablised. So far so good. But last nite i had a dream n suddenly woke up with a sharp abdominal, after that it was gone n i can felt there is a bit of mild cramping. Not sure why also...as i m seeing my first official gynae apptm at TPS on this wed, all i can do is rest, hope &amp; pray for my bb.

By the way, any mummies experience sticky white discharge? I notice it this morning...

Rurukumi, i have decided to start my first apptm w doc han...last wk i went to kk to see diabetic doc at clinic A, so i go to TPS n ask the nurse any earlier slot n the nurse help me bring forward to 15/5 instead of 28/5. So this wed i will b seeing dr han. So far, how u find him? In my first pregancy, i go for Dr Benj Tham (who is now at TMC), but i was quite disappointed w him althou many say he is a nice person. Cos i felt he is too busy, when i went bk to his review after my D&amp;C process, he even ask mi happily how is my bb. My facw turned red immediately n i replyed, i alrdy m/c n now bk for review after D&amp;C. I was rather shocked that didnt he read my file before seeing me? I felt he was very insensitive at that point of time.
As for Dr Han, he was my colleague's gynae.

Back