(2013/11) November 2013

Hullo! How's everybody? all ok? Febie and Little Prince, still waiting to pop? feeling ok?

I had a drama Saturday.. realised my baby's poo got blood. like mucus tinged with flecks of blood. rushed to PD and she said my bb is allergic to something in my diet! but i dunno what it is cos i haven't been eating anything fanciful or out of the norm (save for a pc of really gd choc cake). she asked me to cut dairy, so means no holicks or milo for me.. misery.. then this bb like super hard to handle.. she can finish a bottle of milk, changed her diapers and she can still wail.. when u carry her she stops crying. has been driving me nuts at night cos i have to carry her on my chest to slp else both she and I don't get to slp! she is swaddled and all but still not happy! sigh if this goes on anymore i will really go crazy!

SN-U are so cute, abt the checkout of yr womb, LOL.
Littleprince-I was like U when I was on HL.
But now that senior mx had someone to take over me when I am on ML, I don't think I will really need to approve anything. But hor, Her EQ is very bad, so when come to handle people, she cannot make it. Don't know how my staff be able to cope when I am not around.
Halo, Fuzzybear.
-Maybe is really different when come to handle girl girl bah:D

Mummies, I am having engorge breast on my right side, try to pump out but still very pain. any idea shld we do cold compress or hot compress?

Littleprince, tmc do provide bathing towel and a handkerchief and if your husbsnd stay over they also provide a towel for him.

Coffeetruffles, my gynae recomend me to take supplement, fenugreek (can be brought at gnc)to boost the milk supply, maybe u can try, it works for me.

littleprince,

i have been asking dr tham if its necessary to do cervix check and he said its not necessary till last Sat when he finally agreed to check for me. it was like quite tight and uncomfortable. otherwise ok. how heavy was ur baby at last visit? 3.2kg sounds ok, dun think he will advise you to induce even if its 3.2kg. aft all, there's risks to induce. i rem being induced only when my baby reached 3.5kg and that was only becos I kept bugging him. sigh, i kept reading bout other mummies being dilated without knowing and am so envious! good for you that ur #1 was easy w both bottle feed and latching on last time. i hope mine this time round will be ok too. otherwise if latch all the time, my nipples will be so sore.

fuzzybear,

maybe girls are like that. i had to carry my #1 to bed with me last time. carry till i wanna fall asleep. but thank goodness she didnt need to be pat non-stop.

lilprince - er, the only thing i abstain from during breastfeeding is coffee and tea. i think the caffeine in chocolate is quite minimal. if I'm really desperate for bubble tea, i will split the milk i pumped for that particular session into several small portions to mix with other sessions of ebm, so that the caffeine is diluted further. haha. dunno y, since i delivered, i still dun have any craving for bubble tea, although i didn't drink it for a whole 9mths.

febie - yah, no more chocolate craving. hahaha. maybe cos chocolates are not so accessible to me at home as compared to at work, where i have a supermarket just downstairs my office. lol.

was telling fuzzy bear that both of our girls are angels in the morning (sleep really well) and become terrors at night. lol. mine will start her fussing from 9pm to about 1130pm. she's fed, and diaper is changed, but just not happy and keeps on rooting for milk. so we give her MORE milk and she will sometimes finish the whole bottle or sometimes drink just half. put ru yi oil also dun help. she just wants to be cuddled. but mine is still slightly better cos after 1130pm, she will be so exhausted that she will sleep on the bed till her next feed around 3am. hehe.

Hi Jo10,

I'm having very bad engorgement as well but both side. I hired a Malay massage lady mdm Ida to help me clear the engorement. Better today but breast still hard but bearable pain. Now trying to cope with the engore pain plus pumping. I'm having low supply as well but the engoregment pain drive me nuts.

Hmm how come for me, tmc didn't provide towel. Do we need to request or because I stay in 4 bedded? Any mummies can share the total tmc bill? Mine was quite large. Around 5k before medisave.

Fuzzy, are you bfg and at the same time bottle feed? I'm in dilema now not sure if I should do away bfg and switch to bottle feed as my boy cried for milk too more often in the middle of the night than in the day. HB kept on complainning about being woken up and not enough sleep. Damn!. This has actually put more pressure on me trying to bfg him at night and be quiet as possible. SO-Stressful!!

jo10, engorge breast can be help by using cold compress or freeze cabbage.

littleprice, depends on the ward you're staying. I was in 2 bedded at tmc, they only provide me with small handkerchief. No bath towel for my case.

just now before i went out for lunch, i went to the toilet to pee and noticed some redness on toilet paper when i cleaned myself! gave me a fright, but no more after i went for lunch and returned an hour later. anyway, will continue to monitor and see.

fuzzybear, wah no dairy. i can't imagine myself going on a non dairy diet. this princess really don't come easy for you. btw, #1 and #2 enjoying themselves with mei mei so far?

bunnymummy, baby was 2.8kg at 37 wks. gynae suggested to induce earlier previously coz i had bad side effects from epidural from #1 so threshold is actually 3.2kg (#1's birth weight). anyway, shall see what he says tomorrow.

impulse41, my gf's tmc bill in cash after medisave deduction was about less than $3K. she only stayed 1 night in TMC, with epidural natural delivery.

mumagain, thks. i will be staying in a 1 bedded but will ask for the bath towel anyway. :)

was telling fuzzy bear that both of our girls are angels in the morning (sleep really well) and become terrors at night. lol. mine will start her fussing from 9pm to about 1130pm. she's fed, and diaper is changed, but just not happy and keeps on rooting for milk. so we give her MORE milk and she will sometimes finish the whole bottle or sometimes drink just half. put ru yi oil also dun help. she just wants to be cuddled. but mine is still slightly better cos after 1130pm, she will be so exhausted that she will sleep on the bed till her next feed around 3am. hehe.

Iya, so it's normal for the baby wanting to be cuddle la? My mum keeps on scolding if we carry him around. So I got to feed & feed just to coax him down.... tired man. Are you exclusive pumping too totorodino? I got quite confuse in terms of pumping and breastfeeding. Sometimes bb just wake up to drink while I was busy pumping... hiaz..

impulse41, thks! aiyo, i am still not keen to be cervix checked. :(

czlyf, no leh, not ready yet. i still need to go supermarket to buy sesame oil for confinement cooking, still need to buy textbooks for #1 before i pop! don't worry abt shedding off weight la, its more impt to hv a smooth delivery for baby and you.

bluenosebear, i went to look see more for the Home Teams exhibition. #1 enjoyed himself playing there. i spent yesterday clearing up my place and doing packing lor. today back to office to work and tomorrow will take a day off to see gynae again. you better rest well and don't fall sick coz so near to delivery date le. drink lots of water.

SN, i found your dark choc M & Ms selling at those normal size packs le! hehe! bought a few packs to snack on in office. :p

Lilprice, great that you remember to get textbook for #1. I'm now stuck at home can't go anywhere due to confinement. #1 and #2 textbook can't be bought till I'm done with my confinement sia. Hopefully I've establish my milk pumping schedule by then that I can leave home for few hours to do some necessary chores. Weds is report book collection day, I'm now cracking head how to get enough EBM for me to leave home for half a day...:confused:

mumagain, you should be able to buy the texts by mid Dec latest? or see if you can opt for online order and delivery. my #1's school doesn't have online order and delivery so very ley chey for me and by the time my confinement ends, it will be almost end Dec so need to buy now. can yr hb help? think you will only hv more supply of bm by 3rd wk or later usually ..

Mamagain, my mum has prepare green papaya n fish soup, trying to up fluid intake now.

Jo10, yes. I heard abt fenugeek...I have added this in my daily diet too. Now I just need to rest n relax....to up supply n achieve the elusive letdown.

As for cervix check, dr tham in quite gentle compared to the delivery nurses...just breathe in n out and focus on something else...

Littleprince, seems like you are having a bloody show...could be popping soon...all the best n have a quick n smooth delivery!

Heheh...my girl sometimes also cry nonstop just want to be cuddled....esp at night...but they do look like angels when sound asleep, dont they? :rolleyes:

Re: engorgement
Use hot compress, massage ur areola and nipples.. likely ur blocks are downstream so milk cannot come out no matter what. cold compresses reduce ur supply.

Blessmum, i pump exclusively.. i really hate latching cos if baby cries i dunno if it is due to hunger or something else.. with bottle feeding i know how much my kids are drinking. ur hb dun help with night feeds?

my gal really different from the boys.. Like SN's gal, mine can drink 110ml once every 2 hrs.. if not she will drinking 110ml, 1.5hrs later another 50ml, then 1.5hrs drink another 110ml.. crazy! gonna up her feed soon. the prob is she drinks so slowly.. takes us almost an hr to feed her each time.. then change diaper and make her slp.. next thing we know it is time to feed again. ARGH..

Little Prince, ya lor.. i love milk.. very hard to eliminate dairy. even mayo has dairy in it.. not just dairy.. need to cut eggs.. thank goodness i dun like nuts. :p

Little prince I had one bedder at tmc so bath towel provided for.

If anyone interested, 2 bedder ward at Mt A also provides towel. Or at least they gave me one when I asked for it.

Bunnymummy82, my bb had nipple & teat confusion last week. Consulted LC, managed to turn bb back to latching in three days. Can also feed by syringe or spoon. Now am at hospital w bb, nurse prefers syringe feed to supplement cos less mess.

Mumagain, what works for my latching is to bring bb's mouth TO the nipple, not push the nipple to the mouth. Aim for the nipple to hit the roof of bb's palette. Then I hold bb's head till she sucks and loosen my hold.

My bb was also crying for milk at nite on day 5 & 6. Really made me panda. Latch n latch and she wouldn't sleep well in her cot until i latched her on my bed. Think I'm becoming pacifier again. But I think the marathon latching helped to increase supply.

Mumagain, yup, i am exclusive pumping as well due to lack of perseverence to get a perfect latch. Lol. I used to latch #1 alot but he cries after every hr until i get so scared of hearing him cry, latching stressed me out. I thought of giving myself and #2 a chance at succeeding at latching again, i tried for 3 weeks. Although #2 alot more patient than #1 in terms of latching, she also wakes up every hr hungry, whereas if i bottlefeed her, she gets sufficient to drink and can last 2-3hrs. Also, i find that pumping gives me more time to spend with #1, so i havent been latching for almost a week already. Ur #1 n #2 quite big already so maybe they can understand better n need less of yr attention, so maybe u can still latch.

Ankh, y r u back in hospital?

Do all girls drink so slowly? Cos i dun recall my son taking 20-30mins to finish a bottle of milk..... Yestrday i fed my girl until the bottle fell out of my hands, too tired liao. Haha. So imagine she takes 20min to drink 110ml from a bottle, how much longer she would need to get the same amount from latching.....maybe 1hr!

Re: engorgement
Use hot compress, massage ur areola and nipples.. likely ur blocks are downstream so milk cannot come out no matter what. cold compresses reduce ur supply.

Blessmum, i pump exclusively.. i really hate latching cos if baby cries i dunno if it is due to hunger or something else.. with bottle feeding i know how much my kids are drinking. ur hb dun help with night feeds?

Nah, day and night all done by me. He will only feed once about 7-8pm when he's off from work lor. Hiaz,....

Question, if you pump exclusively every 3 hour. Will your supply drop? I wanted to do it but then I'm worried if bb suddenly cry while I'm pumping in the night ley :(..... and did you guys wake them up to feed or just let the bb sleep till cry for milk?

Nah, day and night all done by me. He will only feed once about 7-8pm when he's off from work lor. Hiaz,....

Question, if you pump exclusively every 3 hour. Will your supply drop? I wanted to do it but then I'm worried if bb suddenly cry while I'm pumping in the night ley :(..... and did you guys wake them up to feed or just let the bb sleep till cry for milk?
if u wanna do exclusive pumping, u gotta enlist ur hb's help. sometimes my pumps coincide with baby's feeding so i will either wake my hb (who still can miss hearing bb cry) or wake up earlier to pump and pray like mad that bb dun wake up. haha..

no my ss nv dropped. but u might need a longer time to get the milk out. my pump sessions are abt 40mins now. u gotta make sure u get every single possible drop of milk out.

SN, actually my 2 boys also drank super slow when they are using the slowest flow teat. when i change teats, they drink very fast. my record is feeding my #1 for 90mins per bottle of milk!

Wenhui, u have already been added to the FB grp but i think Jasline has yet to approve u.

SN, back in hospital to accompany bb cos she has jaundice. Undergoing phototherapy now. Drop already today. Hope it will drop enough tomorrow to discharge. I joined the pumping mooing parade today. Nurses syringe feed bb faster than me latch her directly thus allow more exposure time to phototherapy. Just gotta say I've now latched, pumped n hand expressed lol. Total cow.

Ankh, hope u n baby can b discharged tomorrow. I feel like a cow too. Haha.

Blessmum, yah, i also pray v hard bb dun wake up when im pumping. Its no fun having milk dripping everywhere when u have to stop ur pump midway. From next week onwards, my mom wont be around daiiy so i will have to see how to manage my pumps. Sometimes i just pump whenever baby is sound asleep, so it's not at a regular interval. Sometimes 2hrs, sometimes 3 or 4. I try not to stretch longer than 4hrs. I figured tt when u latch bb, its also not at regular interval. So pumping at irregular hrs is better than skipping a pump. If u pump every 3hrly, u will def have more than enough milk, maybe at least 1litre a day. I only pump 6times a day for my sanity sake. Lol. So far ss still enough. I only wake baby in the day at 3hrly interval for milk. At night, she auto wake up......zzzzz.

Hi ladies!! How are u all? Mia-ed for awhile as lazy to chk in here and read do the reading. Hope all mummies/mtb and babies are well =)

Sn,
My boy was a slowwwww drinker....45mins for a bottle of milk. Feed till fedup then =P

My first 2 gave us horrible nites during confinement mths. This currently one, except for the 1st nite back from hosp, is pretty ok at nite *touch wood!* so far mine 12days old already!! Time flies! Its really like i just gave birth to her yest. I wish i can freeze time!

Fuzzybear,
I exp tat with my 2 elders - having to carry them to slp. Put them dwn they cried type. It will gradually get better. Jia you!

Gonna go! My gal is fussing for milk already.

Mummies! I uploaded my bb pic at fb! My cute little boy cant wait to greet his daddy and arrived on 11.11.13 to celebrate birthday for his daddy! Im at 38 week 1 day. Bb weighing 2.7kg.

I didn't expect him to arrive so early n so my stuff r not completely packed. I noe I shld hav start prepare but my work is overwhelming n ended up I delayed on bb stuff. I dun even hav slippers, bra, facial wash inside e bag. Further more I went hospital immediately after lunch in office. I tink my coll got a scare by me. Haha

E whole delivery was smooth except tt epi doesn't work well on me. I can feel e contraction at my right side. Later when e nurse added my dosage. It was better but I got side effect which is vomiting n shivering.

Everything simply worth it when I see my bb. Im so happy n blessed.

Went on to latch my bb but he seems to b suckin e wrong way. His mouth so small tt my whole aerola cant fit in. So ended up he suck my nipples which cause my nipples pakn.

E epidural went off aldy. .. my wound feeling e pain. .=(

congrats pinky!!! ur anethestist must have been the same one as attigal's! her epidural didnt work for the right side of her body as well. aiyoh so scary, that's y my doc allows us to specify which anaesthetist we want n he has a recommended list. haha.

apply nipple cream n ask to see LC. going to the hospital from office must have been quite stressful. heh. I wonder who else is next. Febie? lilprince?

fuzzybear, ur #1 took 90min to finish a bottle of milk?! then how long did he take to latch?

Val, ur boy took 45min? LOL. ok then i think my boy must have been a champion bottle drinker when he was a baby then. haha.

btw val, how r u coping with 3 without helper?

me still here, not popped yet! :p waliao, pinky really scared my wits out when she text me last night to tell me she has delivered and her pre-labor symptoms were the same as what i experienced yesterday! i had some blood stains before lunch and before i left home fm office in the evening yesterday but i didn't feel any contractions, only crampy feeling at v area. nothing to really time but i didn't cook dinner, went to fetch #1 and packed dinner home and got him to sleep early yesterday. then i quickly did laundry and what not, napped while waiting for laundry to be done then whole night cannot sleep properly coz chatting away with some of the mummies here in whatsapp! :D

so far never see blood stains again but gynae appt later so i will let gynae know lor. but very scary coz if he says i am dilated and must go and give birth, then i cannot go home liao. :( anyway, will bring hosp bag along just in case coz pinky pre-empted me to bring everything just in case i am dilated as well. now stay at home and wait for hb to be back from meeting, don't dare to go anywhere. good thing is, settled #1's textbooks coz can order online this year (he lost his booklist though :mad:) and left supermarketing stuff which i think i will get hb to go with me to buy before going tmc later. stay tuned though i really hope its a fluke! wait till after Friday la, when sch hols start.

Good morning... :)

SN, I dun wanna pop so soon leh... keep telling #2 that he not allow to pop until 28... hahaha...
He must allow me to send korkor to sch then make my way to the hospital... :p
hope my delivery will be fast like pinky... go in at 10am pop by 3pm. ahahaha... :) dream dream...

Pinky, congrats again... :)

Lil prince, do check hospital bags again, disposable undies, bras, pads, etc etc... all muz bring hor... :)

bluenosebear, i didn't want to admit last night la coz #1 was with me and i was trying to settle his textbook orders so decided to mtr and see. and show can also be a warning 2 wks ahead, may not necessarily be time to deliver. who knows, i may get chased home after my gynae checkup this afternoon ... haha. :)

febie, okok. all brought le and will bring along cordblood kit too.

Howdy everyone!! How ya coping with the long waiting to pop day and newborn for some?

Rainning again... sigh! Wanna sun tanning my boy but the sun just don't show up :mad:... He is still consider jaundiced and seeing PD every 5 days to monitor his level.

Lilprince, yeah.. I will get the text book the moment I can go out and about. I was not thinking ahead before I pop. Now #1 & #2 are quite free in the afternoon after school. Shld hv prepared their next year book early to occupy them :(. As for hb... don't think is good idea to get his help. He has been having problem coping with the 2 boys while I'm handling the newborn. Everytime bring the boys out for lesson, sure got something happened. Ended up came home flare, argue... scolding lor. Oh man... oh man...

ankh, I always have this inferior while latching as the first suck always very strong and if latch wrongly, super pain lor. I've been removing him out and retry & try till I didnt get any pain but initial suck already did the damanged. Really admire those who can latch so easy & freely without fred like u.

totorodino, is really true that breastfeed baby wakes up every hour to drink eventhough I latched correctly and bb suckle well but then fall asleep each time bb feels little full but not totally full. I tried bottlefeed last night and he does sleep little longer.
I remembered I got so stress up during my #1 that I threw him (as in not gentle kind of putting him down) on my bed as he was like kept on crying for milk. For this #3, I thought since is my last, I want to enjoy him as much as possible to cuddle & breastfeed. Looks like patients is running out on me again at this moment...
Will you still get the same amount if you pump at irregular hour? How do you store your milk? chill or freeze? I've been pumping but not vigoriously. storing 2-3 bottle chill for day/night feed. Not sure if I need to go into freezing it at this moment.

Rg: philip sales
Do you think I can get the spare part from the sales to convert the electric pump to manual set? I find it hard at times to pump with the auto pressure.

Ankh, what is your bb jaundiced level? Mine discharged at 8.9 but shot up to 13.1 when he was back for PD check. PD advise to admit but I rented the phototherapy light for 3D2N home instead. Bb jaundiced level down 2points to 11 after the machine & sun tanning but PD said still jaundiced. Got to go back again for follow up. I've been trying my best to sun him (if sun exists) hopefully his level go down back to normal on next visit.

Fuzzy, no way. Count him out! He has not been helping on night feed since #1 & #2. So I'm not expecting. Even if he feeds the baby... I will describe him as "大伯公喂奶".... he'll just sit there with bb & I must thawn the milk ready & bring it over to him to feed. That's why pumping at night has fear me out...
I'm now getting 60ml on my right & 40ml from my left. Total 100ml enough for him to last for 2-3hrs. If I pump 2 together 20mins I can get this amount but at times I hates no my ss nv dropped. but u might need a longer time to get the milk out. my pump sessions are abt 40mins now. u gotta make sure u get every single possible drop of milk out.

Congrats Pinky!!! I was shivered like mad after the epi too but luckily this round no vomitting. I had that for my #1 & #2. Anyway, all worth it and enjoy your little bundle of joy!!

Lilprince, maybe you're next lor! :D steady ley.... got blood liao stil can wait.

blessmum, my girl did the phototherapy at day 4 for 24 hrs, then was discharged on day 5 when level dropped. The jaundice level continued to go up (but still not high enough for phototherapy phew!) and peak at 6-7 days, like what one of the mummies in FB said. After that, the level started to drop steadily during the weekly blood test and she was discharged at 26 days. Must wake him up for feed every 2-3 hrs.

Jaundice baby will be more sleepy, will get better when baby gets older too. My girl is about 1 mth now, not too hard to wake her up and I make her latch both sides at every feed (about 15-20min per side). I find wiping her face and neck with a wet towel is more effective than touching cheeks, ears, fingers, toes etc. Some days she wakes up every 2 hours, some days cannot sleep in between feeds, some days 3-hrly like alarm clock, and last 2 nights she woke up at 4-5-hrly intervals (feeding at 9pm, 2am, 6am!) so I find it more convenient to just latch... when she wakes up more frequently I just take it as more chance for her to practice latching and condition the nipples for pain lor :p

Agree that night feed cannot depend on hb! First week after discharge, my hb will wake up and change diaper, then pass baby to me and chitchat with me while I latch. 2nd week, he started work so he said will wake up and start his duty after 4am until he goes to work, so he will carry and sooth baby to sleep after I feed so I can get some rest. 3rd week, he went to sleep in the study and I'm on my own the whole night until morning... zzz...

there's Philips Carnival sale on 16-17 Nov! right opposite my house. time to buy more Avent products.
I received email from Philips that I can buy an item from Philips at 50% off as this month is my birthday! not sure if that includes Avent items, so nice your house is so near Philips!

Lol thirdtimemum, your signature shows u r extremely overdue! My birthday is also in Nov, how come Philips didnt send me the email? Horrible. N yes, philips items will cover Avent too.

Blessmum, U fully made use of ur #1's computer, such a long posting! Haha.
My PD says anything below level 13 for jaundice is considered ok leh.
If u still have to warm the milk for ur hb to feed, then no point two pple wake up at night to feed baby, ha.
My total output per day is quite consistent although i pump at irregular intervals. The output per pump will vary according to the duration but somehow the daily total is still about the same. I store them in the normal fridge compartment n only freeze once or twice a week cos my girl drinks alot now, not much to freeze. Similar to u, i admire those who can latch without pain too. Haha. So for ur #1 n #2, did u latch or pump?
Philips sale, they have everything on sale, should b able to get wat u want.

Febie, y 28 Nov? Btw, ur hb already back from his overseas trip right? so at least safe to pop liao. Heh. Have u decided on one or four bedder?

Sei, so ur hb self-relief from night duties by escaping into the study room. Lol. At the moment, hb n i split the night duties by timing too. I will do until 3am n he will takeover. Not sure how long this arrangement will last before he uses "have to work" as excuse.

Blessmum, if ur hb can't help then the best for u will be latching.. really no choice cos u need to really empty ur boobs for pumping to increase ur ss. that means if bb cries u need someone to attend to him. ur hb sounds like he has no hands on experience with kids man..

Sei, wah.. ur hb really change very drastically hor.. men! always think child rearing is just the women's job.

my gal is taking 180ml per feed for the past 2 feeds.. is this even normal? she is 23 days old.. i just upped her feed to 120ml but after drinking that amt she continues to scream (i really mean scream) until i give her another 2 oz then she will be happy!

Mumagain, my bb just bit me! No ah, this #2 of mine so fierce, type A personality. Milk should be in ytd, not now! My nipples are also trying to get conditioned. #1 was gentler , so succeeded latching more easily, maybe that's why I hv no 'fear' of latching. But I hv fear of pumping because i didn't do too well with it during #1's time
Jaundice level on day 3 was 9.0, day 5 was 15.0, day 7 was 16.3, so PD said must undergo phototherapy. Day 8 down to 13.7, today day 9 finish phototherApy at 10.0.
Also suppose to sun her. Waiting for more sun too.

SN, 28 Nov is a Thursday.... I got more days to rest before pop ... likely to begin my ML on 25th since my EDD was on 25th...
24th is the concert day for #1, and hubby will only be leaving for his trip this sun and back on 23rd....
I forsee I need to be back at work even on 25th to settle some stuff which has been held back from Customer...

I see the sun rising in the west... any sun over your side ankh? hahahha... I told you the sun will follow you... :) hope it does... :)

SN, fuzzybear, men will be men lor, plus he see I can manage by myself... at least he still handle my #1 and wash the diapers and #1's clothes! Good thing this #2 is quite "easy" to manage during the day so I can get some rest in the afternoon.

fuzzybear, 180ml is a lot! That's what my 4yo #1 is drinking :p Maybe she wants comfort?

I realized my baby really likes the "orh orh" sound! When she gets overtired and can't sleep and keep crying, I will carry her and make the "orh orh" sound to some rhythm, then she relax and falls asleep very fast! I wonder if that is why in baby talk, sleep is called "orh orh" lol

I received email from Philips that I can buy an item from Philips at 50% off as this month is my birthday! not sure if that includes Avent items, so nice your house is so near Philips!

yep, last time I bought my bottle warmer for only $35++ cos of the 50%. But I think you must login and choose which product u want to get and collect it at Philip showroom? TTs what I did previously

SN,
Yes! 45mins for a bottle of milk. Feed till so fedup then but he is the one tat grow the best on my bm. I see my 2 gals aft him like nt putting on as much weight as him.
So far so gd; nt as bad as i imagined. Perhaps coz #3 still infant so pretty straight fwd. milk, change diaper, milk change diaper. I pump or latch in front of the older kids so we can still manage to spend time tog. I even manage to handwash the kids clothes. However, my stitches nt heeling v well =( 3 are swollen. Massage lady commented cld be i walk too much or sit too much....which is true.

Mumagain,
How abt co slpping with the baby? Some nites when i am extremely tired i let her latch on beside me. I realised she tends to slp better next to me. Same goes to my 2 older kids when they were babies.

Re: hb
My hb has been exempted from nite duties. Coz there is nthing he cant do. He cant pump for me. He cant latch. Since i need to wake up to latch and pump so i may as well change the diaper on my own, so no pt waking him up. Except for last nite, i accidentally spilled my fresh bottle of ebm aft pumping. I woke him up to clean the flr for me. Wahhaha!

Fuzzybear,
Wah! Ur gal drinks alot!! Growth spurt? Hw much is she weighting nw?

Ankh,
My #3 also clams dwn on me while latching at times. Pain sia!!

Lol thirdtimemum, your signature shows u r extremely overdue! My birthday is also in Nov, how come Philips didnt send me the email? Horrible. N yes, philips items will cover Avent too.

Blessmum, U fully made use of ur #1's computer, such a long posting! Haha.
My PD says anything below level 13 for jaundice is considered ok leh.
If u still have to warm the milk for ur hb to feed, then no point two pple wake up at night to feed baby, ha.
My total output per day is quite consistent although i pump at irregular intervals. The output per pump will vary according to the duration but somehow the daily total is still about the same. I store them in the normal fridge compartment n only freeze once or twice a week cos my girl drinks alot now, not much to freeze. Similar to u, i admire those who can latch without pain too. Haha. So for ur #1 n #2, did u latch or pump?
Philips sale, they have everything on sale, should b able to get wat u want.

Febie, y 28 Nov? Btw, ur hb already back from his overseas trip right? so at least safe to pop liao. Heh. Have u decided on one or four bedder?

Sei, so ur hb self-relief from night duties by escaping into the study room. Lol. At the moment, hb n i split the night duties by timing too. I will do until 3am n he will takeover. Not sure how long this arrangement will last before he uses "have to work" as excuse.
quickly email to Philips to complain! Ya, its weird, now that I have delivered, and it still shows that I am pregnant!!

yep, last time I bought my bottle warmer for only $35++ cos of the 50%. But I think you must login and choose which product u want to get and collect it at Philip showroom? TTs what I did previously
Thanks for sharing, didn't know I have to choose the product online first.

urgh pissed with my hb! he didn't change bb's diaper when he was doing the feeds in the early part of the night and her diaper exploded.. i had to clean up his mess, resulting in a super awake bb at 4.30am. stupid!! i asked him if he checked the diaper and he said "she was aslp". i feel that he just wants to do the feeds as fast as he can so that he can go and do his stuff. if bb seems reluctant to drink, he will just stop feeding her. end up she wakes up earlier and earlier for her feed cos she hasn't had enough. he threw away abt 40ml of milk and i had to give her extra 40ml to make her slp.

shit now she is crying and i m pumping.. and he is aslp.. zzzz...

Fuzzybear,
Hugs. Do up a chklist for him. Make him chk the things he have done in sequence?
My gal has been awake since 4+am and just manage to fall aslp. Am so zombified and finally i can pump.... Wondering hw i can steal a nap later. *yawns*

Back