(2013/11) November 2013

Congrats all mummies who have given birth. My ger did not turn head down at my 37 week checkup today, haf arrange c-sec on 13 nov. Today my blood pressure also very high, doc ask me to do blood test for pre-eclampsia, hopefully the result will turn out well..

I find having a gal very stressful! hahaha wiping of butt very different from wiping boy's butt.. i worry i give her UTI or some infection! dunno how to tell if i wipe clean enough!

Haha.. Same here... My mil has 2 sons , so she no exp in handling girls... Asked my mum how.. Then she said she forget everything n asked me how come its black down there.. Haha...

E nurse din teach me how to clean her lei.. I saw e white discharge but dun dare to open e folds and 'dig' it out...

Haiz my girl's jaundice level remained e same at 222 for e last 3 days... Hope it will come down soon...

Blurnosebear, doc su juz listen to bb heartbeat and check ard ny tummy to see if bb engage.
She said a little only. Guess same for u? Swab test passed.

My boy caught a fever. Will read thru forum later.

So val, no need open the folds huh? I dare not clean inside the folds though i saw white stuff leh. Think baby still too tiny to clean the folds there...

Sleepless night for me.
#1 rejecting all paracetamol and bhufen. Only allow sponging.
Need to do it every 30min to prevent fever increasing. Haiz.

Aiyoh Febie, poor thing.. u must ask him to be guai and take his meds.. sponging can only bring the fever down so much.

Val, ah i see.. my #2 is at the tantrum-y age.. everything he don't get he will scream.. whole day i can hear him scream and scream.. damn sian. i think he cries more than the baby. doesn't help that he can't speak very well so all he knows is to scream. how are u coping with 3 kids so far? ur jab to shrink ur womb, this is the first time i have heard of such a jab! my doc didn't gimme leh.. i also have a sagging uterus after 3 kids!

SN, my fren says the white stuff must remove. after that i will only open the folds if she poos. i use wet cotton pads (with boiled water) to clean her folds.

Confinement food don't sit well with me.. all three confinements i keep having loose stools!

Fuzzybear, huh, the white discharge must remove? Aiyoh i damn scared to open up the folds. Oh, i had a medicine in my iv drip after c sect to shrink the uterus too. I recall the contraction pain was unbearable after waking up from GA......at first i thot it was wound pain but then realised it was contraction pain.

Poor febie, usually kids having fever will b more irrational. My son is ok w taking medicine like cough syrup etc, but when he is really sick w fever, he will also scream n refuse. We have to force it down his throat.... Sobz.

Whenever hb does night duties, he will wake the whole house up cos baby will b screaming frantically in hunger by the time he wakes up to attend to her. Grrr. If im the one doing night duty, i would warm the ebm once i hear her first whimper n if its almost three hours since last feeding. In this way, no one gets awoken up.

haha all the night moo moo cows appear at unearthly hrs!

SN, same! my hb makes a lot of noise when he does the feeds.. and he always leaves the bb to cry while he gets milk or change diaper.. dunno how to comfort the baby first before leaving her alone. end up i can't slp. 2 nights ago he did 2 feeds consecutively and became super grouchy. said he didn't slp enough cos he had to wake up every 3hrs to feed baby. wah i hear liao super angry cos i have been waking up 3hrly to pump since i got back from the hospital! i barely slpt leh! and he is complaining after 1 night of night duty? so end up i let him slp in until 1030am while i handle all 3 kids alone, QUIETLY. if it was him, he will say he cannot handle 3 kids or he will let them wail and scream!

Haha, yes I see all the night owling has started here. Soon I will also have to join in zzzzzz........

SN, yay, finally bb will be out! Cannot even eat properly now cos tummy blocking me from dining table. Got to either bring bowl to my mouth or sit sideways.

Val, oh fish it looks like my #2 is coming out bigger than #1. Hope the scan machine overestimated the weight. Or #2 come out with same head circumference as #1. My gynae said puppp will last 1-2 weeks more after birth. So, just 1-2 weeks more hopefully!

Febie, poor u, did your boy's fever go down this morning?

Hm, the hubbies seem to have the good life. Let's see how mine will be this round. Ytd he said he ever changed diaper before. I opened my eyes wide wide to look at him.

Fuzzybear, same here! Sometimes i think maybe i should just do all the night duties since i will be woken up anyway. Then this morning he woke me up at 730 saying its my turn liao. But i only slept at 5am after pumping, they dun seem to factor in the fact tt we dun sleep thru the night due to our pumping loh.

Haizz.. Still no sign of labour, called hotline yday nite to see I can be induce. The midwife said no induce at nite wor. No contraction, no show or water burst no need to go wor.... Since last nite I keep disturb bb during my waking moment to make sure bb movement is there.... Poor bb can't get enough zzz like me...

Haha.. It's really funny with the husbands. Maybe we should let them do the day duties n leave the nights to us. Seems like night time their patience n tolerance level is pure zero.
During my no1, I was so tired dl at night n then already back at work, I asked my hub to do night feed via bottle feed. My son cried the whole house down till my mil was knocking on our door asking if bb is alright. My hub then just handed my crying boy back to me and say feed him direct la.. N went back sleep! N there goes a wasted bottle of ebm. So mad then.

Hi mummies, waterbag broke early this morning followed by contraction. Reached hospital nurse say I am already 6cm dilate, haf to hurried me for emergency csect as baby still in breech position. Haf given birth to a healthy princess weighs 2.96kg. Luckily yest blood test result for pre-clampsia is okie.try to latch baby twice today but she is not cooperative, keep slping..

congrats Jo! My baby is still in breech position when went for my 37week checkup last Friday.. Have scheduled a caesarean on 12 nov. Hoping baby will stay inside longer and turn his head by then...

Anybody knows when we can start post natal massage if we have caesarean ?

congrats Jo! My baby is still in breech position when went for my 37week checkup last Friday.. Have scheduled a caesarean on 12 nov. Hoping baby will stay inside longer and turn his head by then...

Anybody knows when we can start post natal massage if we have caesarean ?

Hi littlecutefish
For c sect usually 14days after delivery. And some may still tell u they can't massage ur womb area yet

Anyone awake? Been having problem sleeping but today is the worst. Very tired but can't sleep...left shoulder aching coz been sleeping on it since I started sleeping on my left side. Turning is agonising, sleeping on right I feel something choked up inside.
Argh.. So miserable and I m only 36wks2days!!
End up surfing the internet and duno what else to do...

After cancelling the visit of the in laws yesterday, mil obviously never get the hint. She sms my hb n said some grand aunty wants to visit us. Hb replied tt she can see baby at full mth. Mil replied, "so wat do u want me to tell grandaunty?" WTH! Seriously i feel like smsing her to tell her off.

What makes my blood boil is the subsequent sms. She said some granduncle (we dont even know who) has cancer n maybe we can bring baby to visit him one day. I know cancer is not contagious but i do not want to bring baby near anyone sick, not when she is so small!!! Moreover, we dont even know who this granduncle is! Super distant relative! Someone needs to knock my mil's thick skull to tell her not to invite people to our house as if its her house! N its our baby, its not for parading!!!! Damn pissed off.

SN, ok confirm your mil illogical. she has a lot of grandkids to pass around issit? anyway hope you can chill la, get ur hubby to do defense. Sounds a bit like she desperate to see this grandchild though.

Czlyf, got sleep at angle? On lots of pillows/bolsters? Just tahan few more weeks.

Jo10, congrats!

Ankh, no, my kids r her only grandchildren thats y she is flounting them like ornaments like that. Her elder son doesnt want any kids. Illogical right? Dunno she at home too free until become illogical.

On a happier note, are u excited ankh? Its tomorrow! Hehe! U managed to watch the concert yesterday too. U must b v relax now,

Ankh
Sleep 45deg on pillows can still feel the pressure on my left thigh. Sigh. Actually, as u say, tahan abit more. Tml is the day you will meet your little one!!!!

Blurnosebear, doc su juz listen to bb heartbeat and check ard ny tummy to see if bb engage.
She said a little only. Guess same for u? Swab test passed.

My boy caught a fever. Will read thru forum later.
Febie-Thanks.
Hope yr boy is better.

Ankh-Wish U a smooth & fast delivery.

SN-Be zen, think yr MIL too free........................

thirdtimemum, location for Jiang is very inconvenient to me, and for a 3hrs class, hanging out there or going home is a headache to consider! anyway, i don't know if #1 will like a 3hrs class, he said ok to try so we are trying out!

felval, yalor! i must always hv fruits and snacks at home for him!

jo, congrats on your delivery!

SN, aiyo. your MIL really hor ... anyway, you are the mother so you have the right to decide if baby should stay at home since not full mth yet.

its a new week again! hope everyone has a good week ahead and let's hear for more popping news!

Hello everyone!

Ankh, ur bb guai guai waited for e ceremony to b over. Now u shld b at TMC waiting for bb arrival. May u hav a smooth delivery! Post ur bb pic ya!

SN, I feel u! Ur mil is full of ideas uh.. later this then later tt... cant she jus kept her mouth shut? somemore is jus a distant relative. . Y need to bring e bb over to visit? I will jus ignore her n tell her I dun wan my bb expose to germs.

I realised my temper is getting really bad n hot!! Easily agitated. Dunno is due to my overwhelming work to clear or e bb arrival soon. I'm in my 37 weeks 1 day today!

Fb all talking abt pumping. . So stressed. I took out my FS to play ard...it said e parts muz wash every single pump. Is super taxing. By e time u wash finished, ur bb is up for 2nd feed. Gosh! How many set of spare parts u all stand by? Thinkin to buy extra spare parts. And oso, how to wash e parts? Can use normal dish sponge to wash? E detergent is use bb wash detergent? Like pigeon/tollyjoy?

Last edited:
Littleprince, bingo! Nt working today. Brought work back home to do.. doing half way ..nearly suffocate by e insecticide! My fil went to spray e whole lotsa of insecticide in e kitchen while im in living room working. Arrghs!

Hello everyone!

Ankh, ur bb guai guai waited for e ceremony to b over. Now u shld b at TMC waiting for bb arrival. May u hav a smooth delivery! Post ur bb pic ya!

SN, I feel u! Ur mil is full of ideas uh.. later this then later tt... cant she jus kept her mouth shut? somemore is jus a distant relative. . Y need to bring e bb over to visit? I will jus ignore her n tell her I dun wan my bb expose to germs.

I realised my temper is getting really bad n hot!! Easily agitated. Dunno is due to my overwhelming work to clear or e bb arrival soon. I'm in my 37 weeks 1 day today!

Fb all talking abt pumping. . So stressed. I took out my FS to play ard...it said e parts muz wash every single pump. Is super taxing. By e time u wash finished, ur bb is up for 2nd feed. Gosh! How many set of spare parts u all stand by? Thinkin to buy extra spare parts. And oso, how to wash e parts? Can use normal dish sponge to wash? E detergent is use bb wash detergent? Like pigeon/tollyjoy?
So if you can, latch baby direct for first month, it's so much easier!

So quiet today.
Pinky, aiyoh, take a walk outside the house until no insecticide smell.
Lilprince, even if full mth already, i also dun want to bring baby to visit sick pple unless is close relatives then bo bian. That time grand-mil was in and out of hospital n we brought baby to see her. The final straw was when she went into a hospice n i stood my ground and said im not bringing my son inside a hospice. Hb was v pissed then but grand-mil went home after tt n we visited her at home instead. This time round, this sick uncle is a distant relative, i dun see why we should risk baby catching any germs by visiting him. Cancer is not contagious but his immunity could b low n could have other things like cough cold flu. Im v tempted to complain to my mom abt mil, but trying to control since my mom is suoer kua zhang n will add fire add oil.

Ankh, have u popped?

Where's febie? Hope her son fever is gone

Thirdtimemume, woohoo! Ur edd today! Looking forward to see Faith soon!

i think the thread is quiet coz most mummies are busy mooing or giving birth ... hehe!

SN, actually if baby is not full month yet, not supposed to be out with mummy visiting ppl right? coz we are supposed to be "dirty or i dunno what it is called?" until after full month? so how can go and visit a sick person? if you tell yr mum, wait she go and quarrel with yr MIL then worse leh, betetr not la. but such things are tough to handle, i don't think my MIL will bother me much during my confinement and her personality seems ok so far, hopefully for me.

ankh popped liao but now busy, let's wait for her update. :)

Raining cats & dogs in Jurong area now.
I am stuck in office, coz the rain is too heavy, sob sob.................
SN-I think old pple AKA MIL trying to 'chong xi' bah.
But since is distant relative, maybe ask hubby to tell his mother bah.

This morning, I had some slight pain at lower abdominal region while at workplace. But it went off afer I went washroom to 'big relieve', hehe.
I thought is contraction pain, but false alarm.

So quiet today.
Pinky, aiyoh, take a walk outside the house until no insecticide smell.
Lilprince, even if full mth already, i also dun want to bring baby to visit sick pple unless is close relatives then bo bian. That time grand-mil was in and out of hospital n we brought baby to see her. The final straw was when she went into a hospice n i stood my ground and said im not bringing my son inside a hospice. Hb was v pissed then but grand-mil went home after tt n we visited her at home instead. This time round, this sick uncle is a distant relative, i dun see why we should risk baby catching any germs by visiting him. Cancer is not contagious but his immunity could b low n could have other things like cough cold flu. Im v tempted to complain to my mom abt mil, but trying to control since my mom is suoer kua zhang n will add fire add oil.

Ankh, have u popped?

Where's febie? Hope her son fever is gone

Thirdtimemume, woohoo! Ur edd today! Looking forward to see Faith soon!
SN, I am waiting.....

Little prince, I gained 2.4kg over 2 weeks and bb now is 2.5kg at 37 weeks n 1 day. Dr tham said he regretted telling me to eat more at my 35 week cos I lost 500g n bb is only 2.1kg at tt time. But I still feel 2.5kg is still at smaller size at 37 week. I suddenly rem abt my blood test did on 32 week. So I asked. Who noes it was missed out in my report. Alamak! Then they went to search fot e result. My red blood cell is down at 10.1. Average shld b 11. Anyone experience low red blood cell? What is e implications to e bb? Cos I dun take beef so now trying to take more other food rich in iron.

SN, me more n more bth my fil. I hope he dun do things tt I cant stand it.

Ya v quiet today. Was raining in e noon...

hullo.. i busy planning for bb's first mth.. less than 2 wks to the party. me being the anal freak, am trying to get everything perfect. :p

SN, u started to plan yet? haha.. i get what u mean abt visiting unimportant relatives.. pat pat.. inlaws came on sat and they saw both hb and i being grouchy and tired so didn't dare to comment much. i just went to my room to slp. one thing that made me mad was when we were blowing out the candle on my MIL's bday cake (her bday just passed) my younger boy, who was sitting on my FIL's lap, reached forward to touch the flame on the candle. he did it TWICE and my FIL just sat there stupidly and let him do it until we all shouted at him to restraint my boy!

Yup Ankh popped liao.. fast labour too.. let's wait for her to update.. :)

My gal is becoming a voracious drinker! she can take 90ml every 2hrs or up to 130ml per 3hrs! yikes!

pinky, 2.4kg over 2 wks! ah hem, i hope i dont fare too badly tmrw (had buffet on Fri, bbq on Sat and durians last night :p). but i think 400g gained for baby in 2 weeks is pretty decent right? i can't rem about my blood test on 32nd wk too, maybe i also ask tmrw. did dr tham tell you what to do about your red blood cell? if you are eating yr iron supplement, shld be ok right? i think its only the worry about loss of blood during delivery, baby should be ok? did you ask abt yr swab test? you said they didnt call you right? did dr tham say if baby is engaged already?

Fuzzybear: my gal also drinks a lot.. 60 ml of fm can only tahan for 1.5hrs.. N sometimes she drank 90ml of EBM..
My gal jaundice is still high so had started mixed feeding with BM n fm .. Her bilburin reading was 222 for 3 consecutive days.. Haiz.. Hope tmr check up will hv good news.. Otherwise need to go KKH again..

After bottle feeding, my gal had turned lazy, her latch was not as good n strong as before.. Haiz..

pinky, my red blood count has always been on the low side, I think the worry is loss of blood during delivery. During #1's time, I fainted twice during the hospital stay after the csec when I tried to get off the bed! So this time, I consciously tried to keep my blood counts normal by eating beef once a week and I indeed felt much better after the csec, was able to walk around on the 2nd day without feeling dizzy. Do take care and try to increase your iron intake ok? And remember not to take iron with calcium.

On relatives visiting, this time pil don't seem too keen to visit lol... during #1's time, my mil will drop by once every few days to see the baby, but for this confinement, she only visited me once in hospital and I haven't seen her since haha... and fil came once, to see #1 and not the baby! So I'm having a peaceful time :p

Aiyoh fuzzybear, your fil don't know it's dangerous? What was he thinking?

Hi...what is the facebook group? or can anyone can add me to Facebook, please? I m excited to see the bb pictures and hope to learn more tips about breastfeeding ..TIA.

Fuzzybear, i have sent out the e-invites for the full mth party. Wanted to book buffet base on estimated number since buffet can norm feed more than actual catered but hb says wait for rsvp first. Hmm. Not sure wanna get balloons or not. Issue with balloons is that they look v nice on the day but after tt u dunno wat to do w them at home....im talking abt the aluminium foil ones.
Oh so the picture on fb was ur mil, i was still guessing whether is ur mom or mil haha. U just go to ur room n sleep when they r here? Not scared they bounce the baby or wat? My in laws no exp w baby so i def cannot just go to my room n sleep.

Lilprince, think mil is refering to bringing bb to visit the distant uncle after full mth. Since hb alr agreed w me not to go liao, i will just leave it to him to fend off his own mom. Other than the distant uncle, mil kept insisting that the grandaunt pays us a visit at home altho hb told her to come for full mth at least three times. In the end, i decided to be the bad guy n sms mil that the visit can be after baby's schedule is more stable as we r all in total lack of sleep etc etc. she said ok. Then just as i am typing this, she sent me an sms to say tt she has some letters (bills) for my hb, n asked if she can pass to me tom. Think she is just trying ways n means to pop over! I cant believe it!!!

Popped Mon morning! Bb weight 3.495kg (yeah I must go up to 3 dec pl lol). Keep forgetting to ask about her height. Was at labour ward by 1am, got inserted with dunno what pill to dilate cervix, gynae broke waterbag in early morning. Meantime 6 babies were delivered before mine arrived. Things only got exciting after the oxytocin drip. Within 2 hrs gave birth. Decided to try w/o epi (why i so clebber??), think not enough time for laughing gas and jab to work cos this round eveything felt more intense and painful compared to #1's delivery. Told hubby no more kids!

So far bb seems ok. Her cries are fiercer than #1's. maybe really la mei after all the curry rice I took lol! This time really enjoying baby. With #1 I was so nervous about everything, now I just find #2 cute even when she's crying her head off.

#1 sweet on #2. Folded a bag of origami shapes for her little sis as gifts lol.

3xmum, ur turn soon! Hope no need to induce.

Fuzzybear, ur FIL is blur? I see why your kids are under your parents care!

SN, I also don't get why must bring baby to see patients at hospitals. Ur mil really into kampung spirit? Yep sounds like she just wants to see grandkid. What pattern will she give if she is allowed to visit?

Valenjo82, hope ur baby's jaundice goes down fast!

Little prince, just want to confirm that bf was done within one hour of natural delivery. I checked the clock this morning hehe.

Haha ankh, congrats!!! was ur #1 without epi too? Good that u are enjoying #2. After my c sect, i just wanted to sleep, i wasnt even curious to know wat #2 looks like haha. Ur #1 so sweet, still folded origami for little sis! Hehe.

Lets see if mil appears at my house tomorrow. I replied her last night that bills can b viewed online via internet banking so theres no hurry to pass my hb the letters. I cant stand the fact that she keeps saying she understands what im saying but very promptly comes up with some other excuse to pop over again. If she is allowed to visit all the time, she will likely appear every other day! Btw, she changed tactic alr, instead of asking whether she can pop over, she just said she is free tom n WILL pop over. Grrrh.

Ankh Congrats!!!! I had craving for spicy stuffs w my this girl too.. Wonder if really come out like urs.. La Mei lol..

Toto.. I feel for you sia. But I think my problem will b my aunt il. Currently, she can pop by unannounced when I am off work to care for my no1. Thing I mind abt the visits are e things she comment on.. Like I duno wat I m doing to care for my no1.. How come I duno this n that abt my no1. Basically playing up my guilt of being a working mom. Tried hard to tell myself she doesn't mean it etc etc but can't erase away the hurt. Sigh..
Anyways, during no1, my il only visited on my delivery n discharge n maybe once or twice during cfnmt. Now w no2, I seriously suspect if I keep my no1 w me, I will b visited very often.. But if I keep my no1 w my mil like per usual, I should b spared. So still in.dilemma now on what to do..

Congrates ankh!! Glad tt is a short labour for u. Wa..no epidual this time round? Bravo! Did u took during #1? Ur #1 is really a sweetie.

Littleprince, i tink 400g for bb is decent but not w 2.5kg for mummy! haha.. Yes, u better go check w Dr Tham on e blood test result cos they missed mine lo. Even my report oso nv indicate my blood test result. For swap test, they will giv u a letter(report). Yup, i passed e test. Thanks for asking. Hm, the iron supplement is included in the Multi-vitamin aldy right? So, i nv take any extra iron pill. I didnt have a chance to ask him cos the nurse went to search for my result and i out of his room le. The nurse juz told me to eat more red meat,spinach etc... My bb is not engaged yet. Dr Tham said doesnt matter whether e bb is engaged anot cos u still can deliver even is not engaged. There still some room (water space) inside my tummy for e bb so i guess i shld b delivering near to my edd ba...

Sei, im relieved that low red blood doesnt affect bb. But now, u mentioned abt e delivery part on e loss of blood. That's kinda worry. I better eat more spinach, lamb, pork, kidney, liver ( that's wat i have googled) beside beef tt i cant take.

SN, does ur mil stay near u? how come she can travel all e way to ur hse? Next time better buy a house at e extreme side of sg...

fuzzybear, ur fil doest noe is dangerous meh? aiyo.. lucky u let ur own parents take care of e kids...Else, cant imagine wat will happen man..

Back