(2013/11) November 2013

3xmum, between both of us, don't know who will deliver first. Went to see gynae today and she can tell me cervix not dilated. Now just a waiting game for contractions to start cos bb in position. Aiyo, sometimes I don't know whether to topple to the front or the back, feel so unbalanced nowadays.

Attigal, think my womb is upgraded economy class. Baby still enjoying her movements inside (mummy zzzzzzzzz.......)

Mumagain, Val, sadly today no slots available for pedi. Booked for Sunday, but who knows, maybe I'll be in hospital by then!

Sheepsdream, ive tried both coconut stalls at kovan, think generally the big coconuts are not sweet. Small precut ones from ntuc are much sweeter. I've seen the same precut ones at cold storage before, but super expensive.

Val, apparently my rash considered mild. Gynae said puppp is in discrete patches, so I think I got off lucky cos mine hasn't hit that stage. She did recommend applying calamine lotion and taking antihistamines. Hope your skin can quickly heal itself in between the scratching. My skin also getting painful :(

Lxb, I thought your hubby was the one who encouraged you to take epi? Both of you funny la. Hope you enjoying your time with baby.

Just now saw dr Tham rushing off to Mt A to deliver baby, so one couple had to wait for him to come back to complete appointment. Yeah leh, how do such gynaes do it if they deliver between two hospitals?
ankh,
last night I was just telling my hubby, 9 of us chatting on watsapp, and 3 mummies popped liao, supposed to be later than me! last night after shower, bb moved non stop, causing some pain, was worried its labour pain, but fortunately it went away about half hour later.

Now suddenly got work to do, my client told me she's happy for me, but also very stressed, because if I go into labour now, will affect the progress of her office renovation, so I am rushing the drawings which I can whenever I have time, now hoping baby will delay.

Lxb, congrats to u! I wish my labour time is as short as ours. Enjoy your motherhood.

Ah Dale, I see. My appt is every Wednesday. Next week will check on amniotic fluid and do ctg scan again.

Little prince, baby have not turn down today. Dr say chances of turning down is low so ask us to decide date for c-sec before my due date if baby last min turn ard can cancel the c-sec. Mummies any idea how to make baby turn down.

My baby also haven head down. Gynae tried to turn for me but failed because baby kept moving around.

I read from Internet that crawling will help and I am doing to give a try..how many weeks you are now?

Hi ladies,

I've got 4 tickets to let go for SSO Concert Babies' Prom - Fri 13 Dec, 12pm at Esplanade Concert Hall.

Selling at cost. $124 for 4 tickets (Stalls, Row Q Seat 24-27). Not selling tickets individually.

If keen, do drop me an email at [email protected].

littecutefish, I am at my 36 weeks now. My gynae say usually they can try to turn the baby head down (ECV) if the amniotic fluid is high but mine is just average only. he previously told me to stay in either position for 10mins - lie flat on my back and raise my pelvis with 2 pillow or get on my knees with my forearms on the floor in front of me, so that my bottom sticks up in the air (shld be same as ur crawling position) but baby still also nv turn down. my auntie told me when drying my pants hang the end on top and the waist below, like tat baby will turn head down, maybe you can try tat, I have try it but baby still in the breech position. hopefully next week checkup baby will turn head down so I wont haf to go for c-sec at my 38 weeks. now got to keep toking to baby to ask her to turn head down...

Thanks mummies! I have given birth on 25 October morning, 9hrs + after admitting!!
Checked in 2hrs after my waterbag burst! More like trickling so managed a quick shower and waited till after 12 for admitting.

Glad to say this labour was much smoother than my first: )
Now waiting for collestrum to kick in.

Wish all those mummies waiting for babies to pop to have a safe and smooth delivery!!

Lxb/ yho, congratulations!!!! Delivery was fast lei :)
Happy for both of u!!

3timemum, I think I need to get it from gynae at my next appt... Seems like I very sloooooow.

I dont believe in confinement myths but i have been having headaches recently after washing my hair daily since discharge from hospital :( any idea why?
Just to be safe, i wash it every two days now...

My mom is doing confinement for me and my hb was complaining that the kitchen stove not cleaned after ahe cooks. But my mom helps to do almost all the housework while me and hb take care of baby in the daya nd night. I have come to realise that if it is ur own family helping u with housework, u have to close both eyes amd lower ur expectations. If u are so perfectionistic about cleanliness, u will have to hire a helper whom u can order around or u have to do the housework urself..... Just ranting here.

Congrats to all who hv delivered!
Totorodino, prob ur headaches partly due to lesser sleep? Agree that with hv family who's helping out, can't be too critical. For my confinement, will b catering my lunch then tabao fr mum for dinner. Am deciding shd I split the lunch bet 2 caterers? ie 2 wks each for 1 caterer. M looking at chilli padi n natal essentials, any recommendation?

My mom is doing confinement for me and my hb was complaining that the kitchen stove not cleaned after ahe cooks. But my mom helps to do almost all the housework while me and hb take care of baby in the daya nd night. I have come to realise that if it is ur own family helping u with housework, u have to close both eyes amd lower ur expectations. If u are so perfectionistic about cleanliness, u will have to hire a helper whom u can order around or u have to do the housework urself..... Just ranting here.

Yeah that's what happened with my mil too. So I close both eyes loh back then. This time it will be my mum, though I know its her habit to clean stove after use, I'm still going to let my part time maid come in and help with chores.

Just saw dr tham today n baby at 2.09kg at 35 weeks... so he say I can go ahead and have one durian lol.... n look so reluctant while giving his approval. Hope baby can beef up to 2.9 or 3 kg in 4 weeks time

My mom is very contradictory one. I wanted to get part time maid but she says there's no point as the chores are easily done. Then i wanted to order just lunch from confinement catering n she insisted that she will cook all meals. But now, she says she doesnt know wat to cook after just a few days of confinement n usually she only cooks either lunch or dinner. The other meal will b non confinement normal food..... Like today, my lunch was fishball noodle soup...... Sigh.

My baby also haven head down. Gynae tried to turn for me but failed because baby kept moving around.

I read from Internet that crawling will help and I am doing to give a try..how many weeks you are now?

Hi jo10 & littlecutefish, how far r u ladies? My bb head not turn till wk36. I was so worried that I might end up c-sec. Searched internet n found this useful video from youtube. I was practice it for 2 weeks and sucessfully turn the bb at wk36. I was thrill but then I couldnt cfm if bb turned due to this practice or naturally. Pls listen to your own body when u do this ya.

Yho! Congrats to you! Glad to hear that most deliveries are smooth & fast one. Rest Well!

LXB! Saw your baby photo in facebook. Little cutie :D

Totorodino, tell your hb to bear with it for the moment. Don't be too picky while you're in your confinement period. You may want to buy those confinement cook book for your mum to refer if she's out of idea or can search from youtube for some idea to show it to her. For my mum, she knows me well that I don't take all sorts of animal organs. She'll basically cook chicken/fish/pork with ginger and sesame oils. She'll cook meesuah breakfast for me or fry sesame pork chop. If she knows my milk supply not enough then she'll coook pork bone soup with green papaya to boost up my supply.

As for headache, some ppl may think its a myth la but honestly for my past 2 confinement, I followed suits ley. Confine myself for a good 40days and wash my hair only when I was bringing my bb for checkup or gynea checkup. It's not good to have headache during confinement as it may follow you even after confinement. Please have ample rest during the day when someone is there to look after your newborn.

Hi guys, sorry MIA for a few days due to the stress of bf-ing...

Just an update on my situation, I brought my gal to the PD on fri for her check up and told PD abt my lack of milk prob.. he told me because this baby is considered a premmie, plus i had a c-sec, the body did not have enough time to get ready for milk production.. true enough when i went back to read, scientific literature termed this as delayed lactogenesis II. i don't have a feeling of engorgement or even leaking boobs at Day 4/5! i told him i had a c-sec with my #2 and didn't have the prob and he said likely it is because he was a full term baby. all the same i started on motillium (domperidone) to kick start my supply. to make matters worse, i had a few blocks (one at the areola) that caused it to swell twice the size after i moo. Luckily i managed to get an LC to come and clear it.. but my areola all peeling after the pumps.. sigh.. the gd thing is my ss is starting to come in.. not as much as with my #2 but there's improvement.. i m just taking it one pump at a time.

i think i m really hormonal. was telling Ankh that i keep doubting myself. my gal was still pooing meconium at Day 5 which freaked me out a lot.. she pooed almost after every feed yet her meconium took so long to clear out. i kept thinking something was wrong.. on top of the bf-ing prob, i couldn't slp.. i slp at most 1.5hrs each time but usually my mind is too active to settle down.. i am also having a lot of bad dreams!

Anyway thanks a lot mommies for ur concern.. i saw a lot of u asking for my updates. :) so touched!

Val, lucky u got PUPPS at the end of ur pregnancy! it as torturous for me man.. in the end i switched to some new shower foam and things got better.. i had to apply steroid cream too.. too itchy already..

SN, haha i wanted to text u to ask if ur in-laws were coming. :p guess they dun need to be physically there to haunt u! i m feeding my gal 70ml already. usually by the end of 2nd week, my kids will be at 90-100ml. but i think since my gal is smaller than the boys, she might not drink that much.

Did i miss anything else? too zombified to register! congrats to all mommies that have popped!

third3timemum: aiyah i dunno abt the donation of hair to make wigs for cancer patients. i snipped alot of my hair last wk, could have donated. wasted.

ankh: i rem ur edd is the same as mine, 3 nov rite? still can do pedicure? or u just planning to cut ur toe nails? haha i just managed to cut my toe nails yest. =P

fuzzybear: i think after this bf experience u really will be master of the master already lah.. cos u've experienced all sorts of difficulties n scenarios. i always feel tt u're a very strong mum, so am sure tt this is just a small obstacle for u. hang in there! =)

contractions:
i've been feeling the tummy ache/ menstrual cramps, n tummy hardening contractions more often this 2 days. but dun think they are regular enuff yet to be labour signs. kinda irritating, cos most of the time i dun notice i'm having contractions until halfway thru. how to keep track like tt? grrrr. telling baby to give me more obvious signs like bloody show or water bag burst, dun give such half signals, so that i know when i need to admit to the hosp.

breastshield:
went to get myself familiar on my breast pump n tried the breastshield on myself to see if it's of the right size. seems like medium is too big for me, so i'm looking to buy a pair in small size. now worried wat if even small size is too big for me? then how huh? sigh... preggy le but boobs n nipples still "undersize" 1.. =(

Last edited:
Gosh! Fuzzybear is really too 伟大 already! U only sleep 1.5hr each time!!! I will get really grumpy and snap at everyone if i dont sleep enough. I only sleep abt 3-4hrs each block at night n already feeling grumpy.

Xxuan, yah, i think my headaches could b also due to lack of sleep.

Blessmum, wwow, so throughout 40days, u only wash ur hair when u did to go out? Maybe i didnt dry my hair well also.

Xu4n, i think medela doesnt have S size. I think u should be able to use medium size. Shield can b bigger but not smaller than ur nipples.

SN: got S size leh... s size is 21mm, m size is 24mm. hmm shield can be bigger ah? i was afraid if shield too big later suction not good or something. not sure how it works.

SN: got S size leh... s size is 21mm, m size is 24mm. hmm shield can be bigger ah? i was afraid if shield too big later suction not good or something. not sure how it works.

xu4n, don't get the shield size based on your current size. medium is a good bet already. You have not pop yet and your milk hasn't start coming in, once your milk comes in your breast size will be bigger! can go up to 2 cup size bigger when engorged!

Fuzzybear, the tough times will be over soon, take a step at a time and rest when you can. Stress can also affect your supply so just do your best. Take care and keep us updated as and when you can. :)

Xu4n, I just took out my pump earlier to take a look and measure. The shield appears a little big too but I rem our nipple size will enlarge when milk ss kicks in so I think the shield size is ok for now. Maybe you want to take note where to buy a smaller shield first and if you really need after giving birth, get hb to go and buy.

Morning mummies... Today going to discharge.. Labour is one thing I really salute to all women for goi through.. Now fb is another addition to it.. Tried latching on my bb ever since birth.. Other then the first mins after giving birth it was successful.. I only managed to latch at 5am and 5pm yesterday and 5am today... Rest of the time he is sleeping n refuse to open his mouth enough to latch on.. Trying to take it slow but seems like my bb only get very hungry then will want to latch.. Still waiting for my milk to kick in but I dun even know if he is having the colostrum anot..
Fuzzybear I really admire you.. I m trying to keep up with the 2-3 hrs feed but my bb dun want to feed.. End up I can only feed when he cries for milk or when he is awake.. Trying to keep myself positive.. Will go see LC if by wed I still can't latch on properly.. So you also stay positive okay? Things will really get better.. :)

Lxb, ur baby room in with u in hospital? So when he doesnt want to latch, did u supplement w fm? I let my baby remain in the nursery when i was in hospital n every three hrs, nurse will bring her in for me to latch. Newborns r v sleepy but u have to wake them up every three hours to feed no matter wat. Cos there was a day i let my girl remain in my room n she slept beyond 3hrs, till ard 4hrs n when the nurse came by and realised that she hasnt been fed, she sorta "nagged" n said i have to wake her up to feed no matter wat.

Totorodino: I didn't. But during the day I will let him stay with me unless need to change diaper or need to check up. At night I let them push the bb to me when he is hungry so that I can rest.. But during every feed the nurse will stay around with me until he latch on or I will call them in when I can't latch him on.
The thing is my bb really very sleepy.. Regardless is the nurse or the LC that came in he dun want to wake up means dun want.. Remove his swaddle, tickle his leg, make him burp, ka jiao him until he cry.. Though he wake up le hor, the moment I put him to my ni**le he slept back le.. -.-!!!!! Today I saw the nurse woke "sleepy" on the head rest that my bb is using.. Hahaha super funny.. I think all the nurses really experience his sleeping pattern...

Thanks guys for ur encouragement! feel really touched! actually what i m doing, i m sure u guys will do the same for ur bb, esp if u are very very determined to bf..

SN, erm ya.. usually i slp that amt in btw pumps.. sometimes after i pump, i eat, i feed and change baby, it will be time for the next pump.. really tired. i try to take the night feeds so that hb can take the morning feeds.. but my 2 boys are so noisy that i find it hard to slp.

Xuan, no need to change ur shields.. try them first after u latch ur baby. u can bring one to the hospital and ask the nurses or LC to check if the size is right AFTER you latch ur baby because ur areola and nipple will expand like what the rest of the moms said.

Xiaober, is ur bb jaundiced? you are at Mt A? can asked to see Sister Kang, she helped me cleared my blocks on thurs evening. get her card so that u can contact her if u need a home visit.

Totorodino: I didn't. But during the day I will let him stay with me unless need to change diaper or need to check up. At night I let them push the bb to me when he is hungry so that I can rest.. But during every feed the nurse will stay around with me until he latch on or I will call them in when I can't latch him on.
The thing is my bb really very sleepy.. Regardless is the nurse or the LC that came in he dun want to wake up means dun want.. Remove his swaddle, tickle his leg, make him burp, ka jiao him until he cry.. Though he wake up le hor, the moment I put him to my ni**le he slept back le.. -.-!!!!! Today I saw the nurse woke "sleepy" on the head rest that my bb is using.. Hahaha super funny.. I think all the nurses really experience his sleeping pattern...

LXB, some ppl also said NB tends to sleep due to the epi. Jiayou jiayou!
Fuzzybear, poor u so stress up. Reading your ups & downs really make me think alot & feel alot. Really not sure how will I cope with this new baby after so many years of lapse... Take it easy fuzzybear, you're almost there and you'll make it!!! jia you!!

Totorodino, yeah. I have a very naggy mum beside me who will sneak into my bedroom at night just to put on my socks for me during confinement:D..... knowing her doing that just for my good I try to do my part to be a good daughter lor. torelating but wipe my body every morning & night la. but I'm not sure if I can still do it for this confinement as the weather is killing :(

Haha, my girl was extremely sleepy compared to my boy at birth. So i thought the GA could have caused her to be sleepy. I had epidural for my boy but he wasn't half as sleepy as my girl.

Just now, i totally forgot that i shouldnt carry my son n i lifted him up from the floor to the high chair! Gosh! But thank God nothing happened n there's no pain etc. Today is the 12th day after my c sect. Actually my doc said i can try carrying my son on the bed after 1week. But i still dare not since everyone is saying to avoid carrying heavy things for at least a month.

Fuzzybear, will u be pumping 8 times a day throughout ur maternity leave? When can we reduce the number of pumps?

Bless mum, i m sure u will cope better than me. Actually with my 2nd boy, i was so much happier. i think because everything came on schedule. for this gal, i got a rude shock when she came in early. i was still wondering what would happen to me if i didn't bother to check myself into the hospital to monitor my contractions at 36 wks 1 day. cos to be honest, the contractions were more uncomfy than painful.. the only thing that was scary abt it was that it was very freq and regular. part of me wondered if i wasn't so KS, baby might have stayed inside me longer!

BTW, my cash component of my delivery cum hospital stay came out to 12k in cash!! OMG right? this is after medisave deduction of 5.6K!

SN, i will cut my pumps when my ss is more than enough.. for my #2, i cut to 4hrly pumps when baby was 3-4 wks old cos i was producing 160ml per 3hrs. if this happens to me for this baby i will also cut.. but usually by 10 wks i will be down to 4hrly pumps and by 16 wks i will be at 6hrly pumps so that my boobs are used to the longer duration when i go back to work on the 17th week.

Fuzzybear, oh i see. Very systematic approach. Now i produce abt 160ml every 4hrly and have been wondering if my ss will be enough once bb drinks above 100ml a feed. So far there's abt a day of surplus in the fridge. I dun have ur determination to do 8 pumps a day, think i will go mad. How come ur medisave can deduct 5.6k? I thot c sect is standard $3950 medisave?

Ankh,
I have patches here and there. Then some are reddish spots/dots. Nw i have the rash up to my back. Was just telling my hb this last leg is soo miserable!! Badly "disfigured".
Did u eventually apply the calamine lotion? Its quite dry on the skin right?

Yho,
Congras! Enjoy your little bundle of joy =)

SN,
I bathed as per normal and wash my hair twice a day even during confinement. Before my #1, i have very bad migraine and headache but lessen or hardly aft deliveries..so to le i dun think washing hair gives u headache la. Btw, i dun blow dry my hair. I just pat it dry and let it dry on its own.

Fuzzybear,
Hugs!! Gd to hear at least ur ss is coming in gradually. Hows ur blocked ducts? Cleared already? 1.5hrs is abit short but i guess tat the longest time u can grab a rest coz there is just too many things to do inbetween. Hope u will be able to rest more gradually. How are ur boys adapting to the lit sis?
haiz. Puppp...why do u exist?! Yes, i am pretty lucky i had it like in the last mth of the pregnancy and its alreay torturing me like crazy. Cant imagine hw u manage to get thro having it much earlier. Anyway, these 2 days the rashes just flare!! Really extended to other areas and bigger patches. I bather a few times per day coz i realised it helps to ease the itch alittle and makes me feel better for a while. 8more days. I will just bear with it.
Wah! 12k?! Hw did it bcame so much?!

Re: feeding, changing of diapers
I rem i was asked to record whenever i latch on baby and whenever diaper was changed (be it poo or pee must indicAte).
I even keep a record of the amt i manage to pump every session.

Last edited:
SN, u pumping 1L a day? that's very gd!! when will it be my turn? haizzz... i shall not complain.. starting to feel engorgement already.. i doubt our kids will drink 1L a day so u can stay at 4hrly pumps.

Val, poor u.. i know how bad it was. i had the rash at my back, my bum, my thighs, my shins, my chest and my neck. just not at my tummy! was bloody itchy!!! i couldn't slp! bathing helps u? by right it makes ur skin even drier hence itchier.. i did put on a lot of moisturiser.. but the key was changing my shower foam from an expensive one to a cheap brand!

Re: my hospital bill
I think its because i stayed 2 extra nights cos of preterm contractions. the very first night was spent in the delivery suite. then there was the 2 days worth of IV ventolin. my doc charged me 8K for the whole stay which was cheaper than expected. :p sigh i stayed in a 2 bedder some more.

Hi to all mommies here!!
Congrats to all mommies who have popped!! Am new here. My Edd for my no2 is 29Nov but have scheduled c sect 13Nov. My no1 I tried natural but ended up can't dilate so gynae now say if my no2 is same wt or heavier better choose op. No2 at 35wks is already 2.8-3kg.
Am starting to be nervous about the upcoming op... Though I know it will b worth it the moment I see no2 but it doesn't help reduce my nervousness.

Haiz. I can't control my tears now. Bb was dignose with jaundice of 12.0 n needs to go for the photo lighting for two days.. So hub let me extend one more day to learn latching n also be with baby tonight.. Feel so sad that my bb needs to go thru all these n to think that we were all excited to bring him home today..

Now I m using pump to stimulate my milk supply every two hours and hopefully I can get it fast.. If not i really scare he dehydrate n jaundice dun come down.. Now I know why some mums will give up on bf cos it really requires determination n patient... Now I just hope that his jaundice level will drop down soon...

Lin Xiao ber, go ahead and cry, it's normal. I also cry like nobodies business when my #1 had to go back for phototherapy too. Worse still I can't latch him properly, and feel like I'm such a failure of a mum... Thinking back it was probably hormones at work, eventually his jaundice cleared after two months and because I never gave up trying to latch or breastfeed him, I manage to bf him till he is a year old.

So this is just a phase we go through, just don't let it get you down too much and I also want to tell you, whether you manage to bf him long or short or decide to stick to fm, does not make you any more or less of a mother. Jia you!

Xiaober, i totally get what u are going through. give FM for the time being.. it isn't poison and frankly as a first time mom, ur milk won't come in until Day 4. just keep pumping like me and feed whatever precious amt u can give him. u understand why i was so crazy the last couple of days over my ebm volume? i m not gg to bluff u.. if u are diligent, u will get sufficient amt for total bf-ing may be after 2-3 wks..

Don't give up on bf-ing.. tell urself pumping is just another method of getting milk to ur baby.. also with pumping u can monitor the amt he is drinking.. :) don't give up ok?

Fuzzybear, i pump 4hrly in the day but at night i drag it longer so tt i can sleep longer. So i dun pump 1litre a day la, only at most 700ml as i only do 5pumps instead of 6.

So sad.......... My son every night will say he wants grandma n dun want mommy to sleep with him...... How can he switch allegiance just cos grandma has been taking care of him over the past two weeks? I was sleeping with him for over 2 yrs loh. I was so upset, i wanted to cry. N bad mommy told him tt i will sleep with meimei since he doesnt want me, n i saw his face changed but he still ran off to find grandma. Sobzzzz.

Lxb, give fm if ur milk isnt here yet. U dun want ur son to dehydrate. First time mommy, usually milk doesnt come in so fast. U can give him all the bm once ur milk is in. Dun stress ok?

Val, oh, good to hear that u also let ur hair dry naturally. Getting a little paranoid abt my headache.

Ya my hub keep telling me that it's okay for this to happen.. Plus he have jaundice so he tend to be more sleepy.. But now looking at him, I think he got better off... But still sleepy..
Lucky for me the nurses really willing to help me.. Just now when I can't latch him on again, a nurse came and help me.. And she realize I got block ducts... So she actually help me to press and clear the block ducts.. Wah it's really painful.. I even forgot abt my stitches pain.. But the miracle part was I actually saw colostrum coming out! It's clear and sticky sticky one right? So she tell me I have milk coming but block ducts so bb can't suck.. Lucky for me.. Now I know wat is wrong n trying to resolve this problem..

But after pressing now my nipples feel sore.. So I will have to apply nipple cream right?

Thank you all mummies for your support! I will try to bf as much as I can... As long as I can.. :)

err Xiaober, u really gotta overcome the pain.. if u wanna bf, this type of soreness is the norm. i dunno if nipple cream helps cos i dun use it.. the soreness is more internal and not external if u get what i m trying to say. and yes block ducts are that painful to clear. anyway, see i told u, u have milk! i think in ur case it isn't just the block ducts.. likely u are not latching correctly and also ur bb is too slpy to clear ur boobs..

I am sure u can bf for long, so long u rem that BM is the best for ur bb.. u want only the best for him right?

Ya my hub keep telling me that it's okay for this to happen.. Plus he have jaundice so he tend to be more sleepy.. But now looking at him, I think he got better off... But still sleepy..
Lucky for me the nurses really willing to help me.. Just now when I can't latch him on again, a nurse came and help me.. And she realize I got block ducts... So she actually help me to press and clear the block ducts.. Wah it's really painful.. I even forgot abt my stitches pain.. But the miracle part was I actually saw colostrum coming out! It's clear and sticky sticky one right? So she tell me I have milk coming but block ducts so bb can't suck.. Lucky for me.. Now I know wat is wrong n trying to resolve this problem..

But after pressing now my nipples feel sore.. So I will have to apply nipple cream right?

Thank you all mummies for your support! I will try to bf as much as I can... As long as I can.. :)

Lxb, try to massage your breasts before feeding and in between. It will help to prevent block ducts. You can use nipple cream for now but later on when your milk comes in, you can express out abit of breastmilk and coat your nipples to keep them supple. If you feel your breasts getting hard and engorged, quickly massage and express some out using hand or pump. Last time I will express directly using hand into sink or breastpad when I feel breasts hardening and I can't breastfeed or pump.

Lxb, yes apply nipple cream! It's a must for me as previously my nipples cracked n bled. Nipple cream was a life saver. I find the medela purelan the best nipple cream. Avent n pigeon are not as effective.

Yes mummies! I m working hard to achieve it... Now manually hand expressing my right side because too short baby refuses to latch on.. So have to hand express it n give him after he hatches on the left hand.. I just have to keep pumping until the ni**le gets longer right?

How to hand express out from the sides of the breast? I feel that it is quite hard on both of the sides but it's difficult to press on my own cos the angle is just not right.. End up I always press on the same few areas I feel.. Now I duno if the soreness of the breast is because I didn't express fully or I keep pressing on the same area..

morning, mummies! i visited my gf (some of you who met me at expo will know her) at her place last night and she is also having difficulties with bfg (she said her Avent electric pump didn't work well for her and she sent her hb to buy Ameda for her last night) and her MIL. she was so glad we came to visit her coz i think she looked a little depressed. had to counsel her to make her feel better. its not going to be an easy journey so let's support each other along the way yeah. jia you to all the mummies who are settling down with bfg! :)

washed another pile of hand me downs clothings for baby over the wkend and also went to buy the confinement herbs at Long Ma yesterday with my aunt. i think i am left only with more washing and some misc stuffs to buy + empty my camera and charging it. am taking Fri off this week with hb, 4 work days only! yeah and looking forward to more baby photos!

Morning mummies!

Fuzzybear, u r back! Glad tt ur ss is coming! We really need to be patient and determine enuff to go thru this bf process! How much did u pay to get LC for home visit? I tink i may need to get their name card and keep it 1st cos likelihood i might not b latching so welll as being a 1st time mummy. Ur milk supply for 2nd boy is alot! How do u manage to do tt?

SN, u oso! now getting more than 100ml per pump? I heard my fren said tt the supply not consistent, like can up and down. Difficult to maintain e supply. I wonder how to maintain it cos i hope to go on bm at least 6 mths, if possible? Oh dear, why dun u get confinement receipe book for ur mum so she can cook for u? If not, can order confinement food now thou is abit last min. I heard of the myth tt wash hair during confinment will get headache. I tink better to be kaisu, u muz blow until completely dry when u wash ur hair ya.

yho, congrates to ur delivery!

xiaober, congrates again! I was taught thru e prenatal class tt muz wake bb up for feed even thou he is sleeping. But some mummies commented tt dun need to wake them up cos they will cry for milk if they r hungry. Confuse dunno which is the correct way. Maybe u shld get to see a LC to ask abt e soreness of the breast? U r still in hospital issit? Jia you jia you!! Let's support each other!! i read ur fb post abt the V pain after delivery, i was so worried n scare cos i got zero tolerance of pain as well. How ur wound aldy? Issit better now?

attigal, our bb almost e same weight! 2.1kg for me at 35 weeek and yes Dr Tham asked me to eat MORE. haha...

littleprince, i still left some clothes to wash oso! We are still lagging behind! haha.. but i tink shld b fine ba since we still have some time! I havent buy the confinemnt herbs yet. Tinkin next week den ask my mum to accompany me. Did you buy e whole list tt long ma provided? Gonna pay in cash right? I better get e money ready before i go. Shld b few hundreds hor?

ya, i tink breasffeedin is not easy at all. I hope i can remain positive cos im those who will tink alot & get depresss easily.

pinky, i can only schedule baby clothes washing like once a week coz other days need to wash our own clothes else my boy won't have enough clothes for sch. i presume we still have errrmm ... 4 weeks to wash la. hehe! i didnt buy the entire list fm Long Ma coz some of the stuffs are for babies or if you consume certain herbs. my aunt didn't look at the list, she picked what she felt is required (and i matched with the list, mostly match anyway), she also added on some of her own. i was also busy jotting down what to cook with what else i don't think i can rem after a month! i saw everyone paying in cash leh so we also paid in cash. my total damage was $352 because some tonics were more expensive but i think some mummies here who bought the very basic necessities paid less than $200. btw, you can bargain and try not to go on wkend afternoons, very very crowded.

Back