(2013/11) November 2013

can we drink Yakult? a friend told me cannot. but i cant remember y. yesterday i drank half a bottle.
ehh... y cannot drink yakult.. i have been drinking from trim 1...to help digestion... today went toilet and did a big one... :p...feeling shiok...hahahaha... after weeks of constipation :rolleyes::rolleyes:

mawanab, muscle and joint pains are sometimes associated with water consumption too. If we are dehydrated, our muscle soreness will increase. before i was pregnant, i experienced pain and tightness in my elbow and fingers for quite some time. The doctor advised me to drink more water and i felt better day by day.

Mawanab, as you as you prepared some snacks in the office, you can sure control your lunch portion.
on some days, I just have chee cheong fun for lunch or maybe a simple ice kacang kosong... just enjoy the ice...
and I feel full...
I can even go without snacks on somedays too... else I will have apple to help me.... try to reduce tibits...
think I put on 2kg from my last gynae visit but she did not mentioned anything to me last FRi...
guess everything is fine...

winkle, i have been drinking yakult like once a week to help my constipation too. should be alright as long as we keep things in moderation.

ya i think should be fine.. of coz not overdose of everything..

by the way.. do u all take DHA / Fish oil? my gynae gave me 1 big box of fish oil during trim 2... but everytime i take i feel like puking.. until now whenever i swallow the fish oil..i'll have that fishy taste lingering in my mouth..and that makes me nausea.. yuckss! i feel guilty for not taking for awhile lei.. coz i heard its really good for baby's brain :(

totorodino> should be able to drink yakult ba..i am drinking it like everyday..oops..on some days, i drink 2 bottles of yakult..haha..

winkle> the fish oil that my gynae gave me is odourless and there is no lingering fish oil taste left..u may wanna consider? It's called NATAL TRI PLUS if i am not wrong..if not, u can try asking ur gynae if there are alternatives?

Hiyo mommies! I'm sitting here doing my pedicure. Can't bend over to cut my nails. Haha.

Re: hospital charges
Didn't know SGH is that ex. I know Glen E also not cheap, hor SN. If ur baby needs specialized care they will also send the baby to NUH or KK.

Manawab, I was asking after u just last Friday! Hope u get better soon ya?

Eh cannot drink Yakult? My first time hearing it. I don't see anything in it that will affect us. Can drink in moderation.

Re: fish oil
Take it just before u slp might help.

Any of u suffering from restless leg syndrome? I m!! Legs feel so itchy and uncomfy. Keep twitching when doing my pedicure.

SN,
Even if u join huey kuay, u nd to do pv. I understand from my friend its at least 80hrs BUT it doesnt guarantee u will have a slot in phase 2b. U will nd the huey kuay to write a letter to recommend u for the that phase.

Pinky,
Hows ur tummy??

Manawab,
Morning n evening sunlight is ok. Nt the strong midday sunlight la. Baby's skin is toooo delicate. For skin cancer it takes a long term exposure to get it but rather infant may get sunburnt easily which is nt gd. Unlikely u will bring the baby out tat often to need even sunblock.
No salonpas or yokoyoko.

Re: how many bedded
I am still gg for single bedded despite this is my #3. For privacy and also i think i deserve to rest well. I hear alot of bad stories of 2bedded from my friends.

Xuan,
I think also depends on individual if u can tahan long walks. Some women are more physically active pre preg so long walks sldnt be a prob for them. While if u are nt usually active, short walk may also tired u out easier. I personally believe starting earlier is better.

Patyeo,
Welcome to the thread and congras on a healthy boy =)

Febie,
Are u a workaholic?! U are on ml le. For me, i told them they can sms me or call me only when urgent but i wldnt log in to work or chk emails coz ml is my entitlement. N dun expect me to response immediately.

Re: mothercare sales
The Q to get in is horrible. The Q to cashier is also very horrible. I went once, Q at 7+am.

Re: fish oil pills
Am taking natal care plus. So far so gd. Better than the ones prescribed during previous pregnancies.

haha. dunno lar, my friend was saying cannot drink yakult cos of the "bacteria" in it haha. ok great to know that it's ok to drink. definitely need some help in digestion on some days. hehe.

For single room, the following is the ranking of hospitals in terms of cost. LOL.
1) Mt E
2) SGH
3) Gleneagles
4) Mt A
5) TMC
6) PWE
7) Raffles
8) NUH
9) KKH

Mt E and Glen E only have single and double bedder.
KKH, NUH and SGH only have single and 4 bedder. -> I didnt know public hospitals dont offer 2 bedders!

wahahahah. yea, i wont be checking my emails during my maternity leave either! and if they wanna sms me, it had better be really an urgent matter.

Hi all mummies~!
The day is ending soon~! YEAH!!!

Bedded wards>
Personally, i prefer single wards coz in my 1st tri, i was admitted twice for IV drips & 1 stay was good, the other was horrible. This lady's hubby came by all the time & talked at the top of his voice the whole time. By the end of my 2days stay, i already know what job he's working in & what customer issue he's facing. Totally inconsiderate! & it doesn't help that their kids come over & stay for like 2-3hrs running & playing around the ward. Needless to say, i couldn't rest properly at all. I rather have the ward all to myself after i give birth to enjoy the peace & rest properly.

Acid reflux & heartburn>
Please try gaviscon. It really works in preventing acid reflux. If you're not sure if you like the taste, can buy a small sachet from Watsons to try. :) This was my lifesaver in 1st tri when i puked nonstop due to acid reflux & heartburn

I was thinking, as many of us got constipation problem, will this affect the delivery process? Coz i heard that pushing out the baby is similar to doing "big business." So i'm worried that we will push out the wrong thing instead!

Val, I'm not a workaholic but there's some changes to my dept and changing GM next mth...
dun want to stress my new GM since he will face some stress with his new post and most likely to prefer someone reliable he can rely on...
he asked me why choose this time at the period when he knows i'm preggy and also very supportive since he knew abt my pregnancy...
current GM dun even bother to ask a single thing cos he knows his time here is short and as long as he's around, i'm still around so dun care a damn...

fuzzybear, I have bum pain symptoms... my right bum often in pain. hard to walk and I look like i'm limping.

Patyeo, i'll take note to drink more water to prevent joint pains. tks!
I don't think constipation will affect our delivery. our poop and babies come out from different parts... heh..

fuzzybear, tks for asking! i've been sick on and off lo. plus busy... so no time to come in to chat. how have you been? when is your next gynae visit?

val, yes, will probably give baby some sun to prevent jaundice.

sheepsdream, gaviscon works??! gynae says ok to using it regularly? i was one of those blessed ones who didn't have morning sickness in tri 1... but guess, i'm still getting my fair share of physical discomfort to deal with..

febie, will walking around help to reduce bum pain? maybe it's due to poor blood circulation?
sighs... as we proceed to 3rd tri (think many mummies are alr in 3rd tri), are we supposed to feel more bodyaches?

so looking forward to 37 weeks and delivering my little precious.

mawanab, I have this pain since pregnancy...
walking ard doesn't help too...
only people who knows how to massage can help me...

Mawanab> Yes, gaviscon is safe for pregnancy consumption. Can check out their webby. In fact, i tried the tablets 1st after reading some other forum on solution to cure acid reflux & heartburn. Then my gynae make me buy a whole bottle of gaviscon to drink too. ;)

My gynae can deliver at both Glen E and Mt A.. his clinic is in Glen E. i actually asked him if i can deliver at Mt A because I was concerned about the cost. He told me it's more convenient for him in case of emergency if i am at Glen E. And that he can help to get me a discounted rate for 2-bedded so will turn out about same price as Mt A. But for single bedded he said will be more difficult for discount.

My friend's SIL had the same gynae as me. She delivered in Glen E, one bedded... assisted normal delivery (dunno with epi or not) and my friend told me her total cost was about 6.5K. I dunno if this is before or after medisave deduction? If ask me to fork out 6k+ cash like that i will faint....

Baby names - my #1's name was done by You Long Zi. My friend gave me the no. to call and i got my hubby to go down and collect the names... it cost $88 at that time.
but i wonder if it is reliable? I realize as long as your name requires a particular no. of strokes, the characters are the same. it's like they have a template.... also we were told to burn the paper after we selected a name. my friend went to scan a copy and compared with another mummy from the forum, who also gave birth on the same month. they realized the characters are the same leh. i dunno is it coincidence or what. this time i want to find another master.

I was thinking, as many of us got constipation problem, will this affect the delivery process? Coz i heard that pushing out the baby is similar to doing "big business." So i'm worried that we will push out the wrong thing instead!
Patyeo>
Nurse will give you medicine to empty your bowel once you are in the delivery ward, so don't worry!

plush 84 - not sure if the bittergourd juice will help. but i feel its best to take the test with an open heart... just go for it..and see what's the results. its good in a way coz if doc find that you have GD, they can better manage you.. that is more impt.. so no point trying to avoid it.
i also had to take my GD test few weeks back and was dreading it..i passed by a mere 0.3 only.. my gyane told me to watch my intake of food even though i passed.. hence i think since its the good of us and baby, we shld just take it with an open heart :) *hugs*

just returned to office from a roadshow. tired feet.

mawanab, me too just get super grumpy la. I tend to snap at many things. we are really quite similar with the effects. I din have MS from day 1. but body ache and exhaustion is what tires me down. I get uncomfy acid reflux and heartburn as well. disturbs my sleep.

also, I find that I am so easily upset, crying easily. and poor hubby still has not mastered how to massage my feet. I snap and get it nicely if he's not in a gd mood. :( feel so sad and unloved. so drama. I want him to massage in a particular way but he fails to take note each time and snaps that he is not a pro. then I get frustrated and feel that he does not understand my ache etc and I sulk away..crying. funny, thinking abt it now. but at the moment, it gets so urgh!

plus, my mattress is soft, big mistake! I was the one who chose it as my wedding bed set last year so its heart pain to think of changing it. :( with my weight, my hips and bum tend to sink in and so its difficult for me to turn around in bed and get up.

I'm having my glucose test on mon, hope I make it well and dun screw it up. my mil told me to drink bittergourd juice the night before. she does that before her diabetes check up, but does that help in our case? I cant rem the exact amount of weight I have put on but I think 10kg def..must take note on mon. am 27 weeks now.

patyeo> i told my gynae abt my constipation problems and he advised me not to spend too long to try and push my bowels out as i may end up pushing out the wrong thing. the GP whom i visited said the same thing as well, so best to be on the safe side ya?

hi mummies, just got back from my phuket trip yesterday midnite. super stoned today. the trip wasnt as good as i hoped. most of the time i felt like 'cai tou'. they chop tourist like nobody biz, esp the tuk tuk. their flag down rate is even more expensive than sg taxi. food wasnt fantastic too. so disappointed.

placenta, during my #1 my sister actually asked for my placenta. she take sheep ones so she quite willing to take my. but it was so gross thinking that my sister is eating it. so i thrown it away.

Bed, I'm planning to stay at 2bedder, than 1bedder. Hub won't be staying with me so I prefer 2bedder instead. I always find it creppy to stay alone in hospital.

Hi third3timemum , saw your previous post that arouse my reply , do you know there are much better ways in terms of More benefits & Cheaper ways to get P.A rather than rider on to the Life Insurance ? P.M me or whatapps me : 90658097
Hi, I did not even mentioned anything about insurance in my previous posts!

Hi mommies, now then I have the time to come in.
Taking own placenta-I was on TCM med awhile before concieve, in the TCM med, also consist of sheep placenta.
So I think should be ok to take own one.
Likely I will consult my TCM Dr.
My friend taken hers in pill form, she said is no after taste kind. Think there is this local company doing it about $300+ with processing & delivery.
NUH is on the news about Bb rooming in with mummies. Is kind of increase bonding & they encourage breast feeding. They also introducing skin contact straight away after birth, even for C-sect.
When I was attending pre-natal class, they also emphasize on this.

Hallo....

Just to share with you... I have signed up for my baby's cord blood banking with Cordlife.

If anyone want to sign up with Cordlife during month of August 2013, I can refer you as a friend.
We each can get $100 worth of shopping vouchers.
Do email me at [email protected] or PM me if you are interested.
Thanks.

Mawanab & plush - hope both of u r getting better. Take more vit C & rest more ya.

Sei, dunno worth gg to the Expo sales cos Hall 6A v small scale only. Last time dunno what bb fair & i went, didnt get anything.

SN, u r sooooo bad! U make me crave for Swedsen sticky choco ice creammmmmmmmm!! E last time u intro M&M dark choco...and now this... gosh.. i muz ren until my gyne appt next day n see how i fare (weight) before i indulge myself w ice creammmmmm!

littleprince/ Yunzz/ Val/ Xuan/ Fuzzybear, i didnt feel the same pain/cramp on my stomach yst. So i guess is fine? I dont have the habit to call or email my gyne actually. I shall monitor it if i still get stomach pain/cramp for these few days. Since i gg gyne check up this coming Monday, i shall ask him oso. Now i noe that BC wont cause any pain beside e hardening of stomach.

re: bedded wards
I scare to stay alone in the hospital. Kept asking my hubby to opt for 1 bedded to stay w me. And ya, he is more practical on $$ so he rejected me. Ask me go for 2 bedded instead. :( e diff in price is ard 1k for 1 bedded & 2 bedded room not including e companion cost. I understand where he is coming from. Since i staying only 2 nights then no point to stay a better ward and can save e $$ oso. Im a heavy sleeper, infact i tink i will disturb my neighbour lo cos i do snore oso. :oops:

But i v timid la... everything scare scare scare... so i really hope my hubby will b w me actually. But seems so hard to persuade him. :(

mush, ya.. phuket bali all like these. Wan to earn tourist $$. I nv take tuk tuk when i was at phuket. I stayed ard patong area so quite convenient to move ard. Hope is still a good babymoon for u!

pinkyloving, actually I got nothing much left to buy lol... just need to get a new cot mattress and booster seat for #1 :p

bedded wards: For #1, I was a little upset that I need to stay in KKH C-ward to minimize the NICU costs... being first time mum... but actually I rested quite well, and it's less lonely with ppl walking around. Plus the nurses wake me up every hour during the night to take my blood pressure even though I didn't have to do night feedings lol... This time, I confirm going to stay C-ward again :)

insurance: surprisingly, the underwriting went through and they are offering me a standard policy for the pregnancy insurance with no exclusions! Now we are in a dilemma, with the new medishield enhancements from the national day rally, not sure if we should go ahead and buy this policy...

gelobean, yalor. trying not to work so hard these days. :)

Sales - think will just wait for Baby Market sale in Oct else waiting for next Kiddy Palace sale (anyone knows when?), got nothing very much to buy for now.

pinkyloving, you just monitor and see, if causing you a lot of discomfort and very frequently, then give a call to yr gynae and check. else, can ask your gynae during checkup on Monday lor. so you were not asked to take glucose test right? me trying to abstain from sweet stuff coz my glucose test is on next Wed. TMC has discount for one bedder if you sign up for their FBI/SBI card leh. eh, you won't be alone la, baby can room in with you ma. hehe.

i booked the one bedder but not decided if hubby will room in, he said he may not coz not comfortable to sleep there. will see how during that time.

mush, you settled the Bambini package already?

I am on half day today! going home to check out how the CCTV installation is going on in the afternoon. :)

Hello mommies! almost the wkend already!

Patyeo, the nurse will give u a fleet edema, meaning they will insert a small tube of saline into ur rectum. this induces the feeling of wanting to poo and u will empty ur bowels before u go to the delivery ward. even if u poop during labour, don't worry abt it. this is part and parcel of the gynae's job.

Febie, sounds like u have sciatica. it will go away after u pop. i also having very bad hip pain.. really hard to slp at night.. each time i move, the pain will jolt me into waking. then i will scratch and scratch my PUPPS.. zzzz

Erm Plush, life will be even tougher when baby comes out.. try to stay cheerful ok?

Re: hospital stay
Yeah NUH now encourages u to room with ur bb, but im not sure if it is mandatory. Meaning the baby will not be in the nursery at all. Actually i dun quite understand the part abt resting in hospital. haha.. the baby is here already, no matter how much u wanna rest also can't cos bb will be wheeled to u every 3hrs. in a way i feel it is gd training for us when we go home and handle the baby alone. Same as CL lor.. i know some moms are very hands off but i feel that u will feel unprepared when ur CL leaves.. sooner or later we have to get into full mummy mode, the sooner u learn and cope, the better for urself and the bb.

Mummychua, welcome back.. just take it as a gd break from SG lor..

Any of u already ordered ur confinement food? Do note that Natal Essentials give 10% discount if u book early.

so annoying, this classic deals person replying to our insurance discussion.

pinky - hehe. i love chocolates! i havent finished my m&ms actually. still got a very small portion left. haha.

last night my baby kept poking her arm/leg/thigh out when i was lying on my back. she did that for a really long time before changing position. haha.

actually i don't really like the idea of the baby rooming in with us in the hospital. cos i think for newborns, better for them to be taken care of by the experienced nurses? cos if they cry, it may not be that they are hungry, could be other reasons also. And if you are so physically tired, it might be tough to handle the newborn by yourself right after delivery, unless your hb is there bunking in with you.

good morning mummies...

Fuzzybear, I shall go google on sciatica... :) u rem to move slow too huh...

I stayed at NUH for my first one... they actually wheeled the baby to you for every feed.
But I rejected for the first night one and told the nurses to give FM...
I have been pushing for half a day and finally get to rest since induce ald waste a day.
and I have no feel the bm or colostrum kick in...
so I only try latching baby on day 2... but badly sore nipples cos I have nothing for baby to drink...
with #2, I hope colostrum will kick in earlier...

Little prince or whoever knows abt the kiddy palace sales can let me know?
I want to stock up my tollyjoy detergent... the up coming fairs etc, Tollyjoy is not participating...
Thank you.

Good morning mummies!

Just to check, will we be given medicine to pass motion before we deliver our baby? I'm worried of pooing coz of my constipation problem.

3timemum, Oic, thanks a lot :)

fuzzybear, just saw ur post. Is the fleet thing effective coz my case is quite bad. A lot of meds dun work for me.

gelobean, ya there is a possibility haha, will take note of that.

Morning mummies! omg, it's only thursday! :(

feeling so lethargic and dizzy...arghhh..

can't wait for my next gynae visit coz my weight gain has been stagnant at about 4-5kg and it kinda makes me worried that the bb is not growing well. am i being overly paranoid?

yup fuzzybear, i confirmed my order with New Baby confinement food after i tried their trial meal last wk. New Baby having anniversary promo price also, early bird bookings have additional discount.

eh i feel that the classic_deals person abit rude leh.. reading our conversation n riding on the insurance topic. -.- then again open forum really lesser privacy.

This is where those hard up insurance seller do their extra service lor...
muz get client mah...
it's open forum, we cant stop but let's just ignore...
Maybe some mummies keen and wants to find out?
so choose selective reading...

Patyeo, yes the pass motion medicine will be given...

Gelobean, dun worry unnecessary. our weighing scale not calibrated... so all not accurate too...
as long as you did eat, baby did move, you are safe. :)

SN, I was wide a wake for 1.5 hrs after the toilet break last night...
and the little one doing waves etc in my tummy... super active lor...

good morning mummies...

Fuzzybear, I shall go google on sciatica... :) u rem to move slow too huh...

I stayed at NUH for my first one... they actually wheeled the baby to you for every feed.
But I rejected for the first night one and told the nurses to give FM...
I have been pushing for half a day and finally get to rest since induce ald waste a day.
and I have no feel the bm or colostrum kick in...
so I only try latching baby on day 2... but badly sore nipples cos I have nothing for baby to drink...
with #2, I hope colostrum will kick in earlier...
Febie>
The last Saturday Avent Breasfeeding Seminar I went, then I know that newborn baby's stomach is only the size of a marble, eventhough I am a 3rd time mum! It is alright if the baby did not drink any milk in the first 1-3days, however, LC encourage latching the baby once she's born, what we have in the first two days is only colostrum, and the most is 1 teaspoon, but that is the best breastmilk!, it will help to push out the Meconium (Meconium stools are the large dark, black or greenish-black, thick, tarry, sticky bowel movements that newborn babies have on their first 2 or 3 days of life)
SN>
I also don't like the idea of baby rooming in with me. for me, I felt that I can sleep better in the hospital, although nurse will bring baby to me, every 3 hourly, but there's at least some hours of sleep, once I reached home, its when nightmare starts, because the whole night, baby will be with me.

morning mummies, 1st day back to work from my short getaway. yawn... still very sleepy. luckily wkend is coming.

littleprince, i have yet to contact bambini. I will try to email them today. thanks for organising this BP.

herbs for confinement, who's going to buying herbs? heard from a friend that long ma at albert centre is cheap. maybe we can arrange to go down together to get the herbs, we could probably bargain for better discount.

littleprince: can share your contact on the CCTV?? I intend to install it and have to get it done before the maid comes next week. My hubby bought a DLink cam last nite but it's so big and cannot mount on ceiling one!

Hello mommies! almost the wkend already!

Patyeo, the nurse will give u a fleet edema, meaning they will insert a small tube of saline into ur rectum. this induces the feeling of wanting to poo and u will empty ur bowels before u go to the delivery ward. even if u poop during labour, don't worry abt it. this is part and parcel of the gynae's job.

Febie, sounds like u have sciatica. it will go away after u pop. i also having very bad hip pain.. really hard to slp at night.. each time i move, the pain will jolt me into waking. then i will scratch and scratch my PUPPS.. zzzz

Erm Plush, life will be even tougher when baby comes out.. try to stay cheerful ok?

Re: hospital stay
Yeah NUH now encourages u to room with ur bb, but im not sure if it is mandatory. Meaning the baby will not be in the nursery at all. Actually i dun quite understand the part abt resting in hospital. haha.. the baby is here already, no matter how much u wanna rest also can't cos bb will be wheeled to u every 3hrs. in a way i feel it is gd training for us when we go home and handle the baby alone. Same as CL lor.. i know some moms are very hands off but i feel that u will feel unprepared when ur CL leaves.. sooner or later we have to get into full mummy mode, the sooner u learn and cope, the better for urself and the bb.

Mummychua, welcome back.. just take it as a gd break from SG lor..

Any of u already ordered ur confinement food? Do note that Natal Essentials give 10% discount if u book early.
Fuzzybear: i kinda agree with what you mentioned on CL, i have no experience yet..but i have frens with CL and frens w/o.. those w/o CL tends to be more "steady" after month 2 of looking after bb... those with CL seems to be at a lost..donno what to do after the CL left..depress..frustrated..and got one even want to divorce coz no helper and frustrated until it strained their marriage.. haizz... but then im not too sure la.. they keep saying depends on bb's character.. if u have a easy and cooperative baby den good for u.. if you dont you will be very stressed out...be it with helper or w/o helper... really scare me lor... so i keep telling bb better be guai...

Back