(2013/11) November 2013

Haha yes check ur straps.. when u breathe in, the whole mask is supposed to depress downwards. when u breathe out no air is supposed to escape. the straps might be too tight but the mask is too loose..

If want to wear a mask, at least wear it properly.
happy.gif
else kinda pointless hor? :p

By right if u wear it constantly, it is only gd for one time wear. i can't advise how long u want to use a pc where u only wear it for a few mins.. i would still change it after 3-4 days

Mummies- I searching for n95 and saw at utility (fair price pharmacy) sell n95 for kids. One person limit to 2 pcs. I didn't get any cos is sold out again. Was told tt they n Watson rec stock this noon but were sold out immediately.

Can gvt jus giv preg lady kids n old pple masks 1st rather den us popping by every pharmacy to try our luck.

Hi ladies.. just saw from e101 webby.. it said that n95 are not suitable for pregnant lady to wear.. like that how ar when Monday comes..... dont need go work?!?!

KT, on another page of same website, it advises pregnant women to use the N95 mask. My guess is don't use for prolonged periods as it's hard to breathe through it.

morning mommies. it's such an irony that when almost every singaporean has gotten his/her hands on a N95, the haze just cleared. Murphy's law.

morning mummies! 1 of the rare times that i'm so looking forward n excited abt monday. haha.. later on half day leave to go detailed scan! excited to see baby again! =D

haha ya man..at least the haze keeps away from now.
the n95 i've ordered online haven't event arrive yet loh.
@xuan all the best for you detailed scan and have fun looking at baby!!

morning everyone... glad that the haze cleared today. cross fingers that the wind will continue to blow it away from Singapore.
happy.gif

although the haze has cleared for now, but i still feel like getting a air purifier. any brands to recommend? i think the only purifier in stock now is from Amway but that cost 2k. my apt windows face a major road so i think that my indoor air isnt fantastic. both me and #1 is down with cough and flu every now and then.

xuan, have fun looking at bb for a long long time.

Thanx Xuan!! becoz my tummy looks like 12 weeks instead of 21 weeks.. and ppl keep asking if my bb is small or underweight.. tsk!

haha winkle, same here. especially when this is my #2. people are all asking me why my tummy so small. hmph. haha don't care them lar. as long as gynae never say the fetus is underweight, there's no need to worry. The bigger the tummy, doesnt mean the fetus is bigger loh.

I have a spare set of Avent electric breast pump SCF332/01 to let go.. $230
Retail selling at $309
Brand new with receipt date 21june 2013 and warranty 2 yrs.
PM me.

xuan-all the best for yr detailed scan.
mummychua-I'm using Sharp.
Happy with it.
The other one is Honeywell, but no ions, only air purifier & humidifier.

Hullo mommies! how was ur wkend? Glad the haze went away for a bit for us to do some activities!

For mommies interested in buy PISA or Freestyle with SG warranty, can check out Moms & Babes. Was at their United Sq branch yesterday and saw that PISA was gg for $599 (UP $699) while FS was gg for $699 (UP$799).

Winkle, who say ur tummy small? tell them bb healthy can liao.

Xuan, all the best for ur scan.. update us ok?

Mummychua, i heard Blueair is one of the best in the market. look for HEPA filters. that's the most impt to me.

Good afternoon mummies!

The haze seems to be improving! Hope it continues this way.

Winlkle, don't worry abt your tummy size as long gynae didn't feedback. Just tell them bb is healthy and shy abt exposing to them.

Xuan, all the best for ur scan, do update us aft that!

Kris / Fuzzybear: ya lor.. i told them my bb is healthy, active and kicking whole day inside.. small but mighty! lolz...

Ya lor.. last time my MIL compared my tummy to my aunt's, kept saying mine is small in comparison. End up although her tummy was very big but her bb birth weight was less than mine by more than 0.5kg. Until now i also hear the same comments abt my tummy being small but heck la.. i can feel strong kicks everyday, i believe my bb is healthy!

Hi mummies, sorry am quite confused here..ya'll are about 18 weeks preggie now right? Cos am surprised that at 18 weeks ya'll can feel baby kicking and worried that tummy is too small? Cos I'd think that's normal for small tummy but not yet baby kicking? As for me, I feel that my tummy is too big for 18 weeks. But then again, I'm on the heavy side so I am quite anxious of getting bigger and bigger far too quickly. *_* I do not feel anything at all. Only when I go for my check ups, I get excited seeing baby is moving.
happy.gif

Winkle, ignore them lah.. these ppl really nothing better to do.. only know how to comment.. talk talk talk. too big a baby very hard to deliver too, esp if u are small size. in the past, the normal weight was abt 2.5-3kg. nowadays babies are super size, 3.5-4kg can be quite the norm! have u done ur detailed scan?

Plush, u are due end Nov right? Some of the moms are due early Nov, that makes them 21-22 wks. Usually first time mommies don't feel the kicks until 22 wks or so, so don't worry. it really depends on ur anatomy (where and how ur uterus is located), whether this is ur first baby or not, the location of the placenta etc. so long everything is ok, there's really nothing to worry abt.

plush: this your 1st child right? i didnt feel kicks for my #1 until 20 weeks and above. For this child, i started feeling fluttering movements around 16 weeks but not very frequent. Only past 2 weeks the kicks got stronger... i'm 21 weeks now.
happy.gif

fuzzybear: i did my detailed scan last week.. all good.. gynae said my bb so hiong one.. coz she had a hard time scanning..lolz.. wan to count fingers..but she kept moving her hands up and down.. wan to scan the heart..she flipping here and there..

Hi fuzzybear, oh thanks, that explains! Yup, my EDD is 27 Nov. This is my 1st pregnancy and I can absolutely feel nothing. Got worried there!

Can I ask you mummies if anyone has travelled on a Superstar Virgo at 26 weeks plus minus? My family is looking to go on a 2N cruise on 24-25 Aug. I should be at end of 26 weeks then. My gynae said it's safe to travel but I googled and saw some clause like beyond 24 weeks will be denied boarding. Would a doc's "fit to travel" letter help? Thanks.

plush: don worry too much.. maybe like wat u said..if u are on the heavier side..u will feel it later when the bb is stronger... im underweight de.. so i felt it at week 17.. and also maybe becoz im underweight.. ppl will tend to say since mummy so light.. bb will be underweight anot..

Oops Winkle, i am sorry! during detailed scan, did ur doc tell u how heavy ur bb is? everything ok right? BTW are u still puking?

Plush, ya don't worry abt flutterings.. i guarantee u by 24 wks u will def feel something.
happy.gif
as for the cruise, they are pretty strict about it. cos unlike on tours, they can't airlift u out shd anything happens to u on the cruise. best to call and check with them.

fuzzy: my baby was 324g last week.. she said her weight was ok la.. but then ppl keep telling me i don look preg at all... tats y i asked whats the avg weight for fetus around week 20 for asians..

winkle, dun worry! my sis has always been underweight but she deliver my niece at 2.66kg. Not too small & her tummy is considered small. One week before her delivery, ppl still think she is only ard 5 mths preg. She only put on 10kg throughout the whole pregnancy!

Winkle,
Emailed u le. Chk and let me know ya.

Mummychua,
Can consider novita or honeywell for air purifier. I cant rem if novita has hepa filter but honeywell has it. Sharp also quite popular.

SN,
The haze did went up abit as compared to the morning but still below 100.

Winkle,
Dun look preg or tummy nt big ok la. So long baby healthy. And if tummy small u get to lose weight faster. Lol.

Val: i emailed you already..
happy.gif

Kris: ya lor.. as long BB healthy is the most important..even if the birth weight is low.. juz pump them up when they're out...

Winkle,
Replied u =p
I think some are just very small gene. Like my gal!! Before birth, gynae already said she v small size. I nv imagined her to be tat diff from my #1. Till nw, her size is the smallest among all the babies in her batch. Height n weight is out of the chart. Funny thing is, she can really eat. Eat but nv put on much weight. We tried our best they cant gain also no choice. Someone used to tell me tat my gal and i better bucked up coz her baby gal 1yr younger than mine but almost same weight n chubbier than my gal. Now i look at my gal, so long she is happy, eating well, playing well and healthy (dun always fall sick) i am happy enuff. =)

Val: very true.. some ppl juz like to compare weight..hahaha.. no grades to compare so take weight lor.. haizz.. but i also agree.. as long healthy.. no complication..don fall sick often is very good le.. most importantly must be happy..

Just did my detailed scan with Dr TC Chang. Everything normal n baby weighs 419g at 21wks 2days. Remains a girl. Lol. But my placenta is covering my cervix. I asked him y my gynae didn't mention it before, he said we don't normally monitor the position of the placenta until at this stage. Hmm. I didn't have this problem during #1's time so quite surprised.

Do u mommies feel more paranoid during pregnancy? Like just now I went to the toilet in a shopping centre n saw a drop of blood on the floor n then I started to get paranoid bat whether the seat got blood or not n if its infectious etc. although I alr dun sit on public toilet seats, only horse stand if possible. But still felt paranoid ha.

Done with detailed scan! Double confirmed that I'm expecting a girl already.. Time for shopping! Haha.. Sonographer said nothing to worry abt.. So I assume everything is good.. =)

Mummychua, can check these two websites out for air purifiers
1) www.allercare.com.sg
2) www.allergy.com.sg
Just note they only sell the super high end purifiers, at high prices lor.

Today I saw at the bottom of my block a box for Sharp air purifier. I kaypoh, then realized it had an AirAsia sticker on it. Somebody hand carried it back to Singapore! Wah........

Winkle, ur bb weight sounds good leh. I'd rather have your tummy size. My tummy so big, I feel so paiseh. Took out my old maternity clothes, and clothes which I wore in second trimester previously already looking tight on me now. Haiz, lotsa fats, lotsa fats on my tummy!

SN, i already paranoid about toilet seats hygiene before having kids!

Xuan, congrats, and budget, budget! Haha!

Congrats SN and Xuan! can start shopping!! gal stuff really a lot to buy!

SN, erm i m not the paranoid type.. u know right? :p
read up if u are worried lor.. don't scare urself.

Ankh, u know i have bad allergies but it nv crossed my mind to buy air purifiers.. :p

Hello mummies and mummies to be!

Need some help here from experienced mums since its my first time...

i know this sound really dumb but what are the items i should start shopping for before delivery?

Eg i am concerned abt investing into a double electric breast bump in case i dun have enough milk and decide to switch to fm! will be such a waste....

any mummy compile a list? like no of milk bottles to get? steriliser? etc...

thanks!!

How about insurance coverage mummies? I am looking to buy a premium for myself and baby. Any recommendation for a small budget?

winkle, how i wish to have a small tummy like u. consider u lucky to have small tummy. can wear ur regular clothes longer, tummy return to original size very quickly. during my #1, most of my customer only discover abt my preg ard late 2nd trimester. im just abt 18wks now and i already got ppl asking. tummy so big now, cant wear my regular clothes liao.

SN, is it possible for the placental to move up? if not u will need c-sect rite? ur 1st is delivered naturally or c-sect?

xuan, congrats on ur gal. love gals they are so cute.

ankh, thanks for the link. Singaporean are really ks. a bit over reacted with the haze situation.

fuzzybear, why u nv consider a purifier? u dont believe that it work?

Back