(2013/11) November 2013

*Scratch scratch scratch* sooo itchy!

Carine, haven't seen u in a loooong while. how have u been? Are u expecting a boy or gal?

Hikaru, actually despite all the preg issues I am suffering from, i rather the baby stays inside longer. Life changes each time a new baby arrives and it can be rather unsettling initially.. not to mention the perpetual lack of slp and the hormonal changes. oooh and of cos the bf-ing woes! Baby's liver also matures around 36-37 wks so they can better handle bilirubin breakdown (i read this somewhere but can't find the reference).

Mummychua, ya lor i m so 'lucky' this pregnancy.. how come i didn't get any luck for my kiddo's P1 registration? Now i m also thinking if i shd c-sec.. my OB says i have a 60% chance of a successful VBAC leh.. haizzz. dunno how.

Sei, gd luck for ur GD test too.. Somebody was doing it at KK yesterday too.. can't rem who (haha blame it on the pregnancy!)

Oooh i had 2 free Mao Shan Wang durians last night! gonna fart like crazy the next couple of days!

*Scratch scratch scratch* sooo itchy!

Carine, haven't seen u in a loooong while. how have u been? Are u expecting a boy or gal?

Hikaru, actually despite all the preg issues I am suffering from, i rather the baby stays inside longer. Life changes each time a new baby arrives and it can be rather unsettling initially.. not to mention the perpetual lack of slp and the hormonal changes. oooh and of cos the bf-ing woes! Baby's liver also matures around 36-37 wks so they can better handle bilirubin breakdown (i read this somewhere but can't find the reference).

Mummychua, ya lor i m so 'lucky' this pregnancy.. how come i didn't get any luck for my kiddo's P1 registration? Now i m also thinking if i shd c-sec.. my OB says i have a 60% chance of a successful VBAC leh.. haizzz. dunno how.

Sei, gd luck for ur GD test too.. Somebody was doing it at KK yesterday too.. can't rem who (haha blame it on the pregnancy!)

Oooh i had 2 free Mao Shan Wang durians last night! gonna fart like crazy the next couple of days!

fuzzybear: HI Sweetie!!!! Hahahhahaha.. I'm more active at the Nov MTB FB page. Seldom come here. I'm very good. :D Expecting #1 very active meimei. How about you? How are you le?

Morning, mummies.
Is a cold cold day................
Fuzzy, must siam from U lol, haha
I also has some D24 durains yesterday, yum yum...........

Manawab,
Neh. I am those type tat i must travel with kids. I cant bear to leave my kids behind for leisure trips. Esp nw my kids are still young. Nt fair to them and my parents. There are alot of places my hb and i wanna go but we gonna shelf them till the kids are older. Meanwhile we will bring kids along for family trips while they still wanna tag along =)
Glad to hear that its just the polyp acting up and baby is fine. Hope the rest of the pregnancy will be smooth for u =)

Re: cakes
Another popular one is pine garden. V popular also but is cream cake. Way cheaper than fondant. 2tiers only set u back by $100++ at most.

Kayliz,
Is urs safra jurong? I think no chinese restaurant so u can bring in ur own caterer?
There is a chinese restaurant in bt batok, cant rem the name. Near bbdc, inside the club for home team. I think the price quite reasonable. If nt too far for u can chk it out. There is a small function room inside the restaurant so u dun nd to pay extra for renting the room. Its quite small. Holds abt 8tables if i rem correctly.

Cheers21/hammie_gal/arkans,
Welcome to the thread =)

Fuzzybear,
MOE mayb making some changes to the registration. Lets wait and see wat the changes are. Meanwhile, if u join grassroots u still stand a chance to get in at 2b2 but mayb abit late. Mayb u can try to find out more. But i do agree tat every sch does have its gd and bad teachers. End of the day, it also depends on individual kid how well they can perform. We can give them a gd environment (be it hm or sch environment) but they still have to do the rest and their best.
U having PUPPS? Aiyo. Ur gal hasnt been nice to u . Bear with it. Keep urself cool at least it makes the itchy more bearable.

SN,
I am hoping my baby will either on time or slightly late. Looks like pregnancy gonna be over soon ina another 3mths. So fast! I still wanna enjoy my last pregnancy!!!

Littleprince,
Maternity ps under The Studio Loft. We already paid quite sometimes ago. If u interested can give u the name of the mummy who liase with the studio and u can chk with the studio of if u still can join the bp.

SN, ooh, I see. Now like you're going back to Oct thread lol.

Sei, r u having similar issue as SN, hence 37 week delivery?

Fuzzybear, your luck so 'good', can buy 4D/toto liao.

I am good Carine, was wondering where u disappeared too! Congrats on ur bb gal! did u go crazy shopping? wahahaha.. i m still thinking if i shd spree one more time cos i got Gymboree discount code!

Bluenosebear, come come, i give u my luck!! :p :p :p

Val, u sound like me! I also don't believe in leaving my kids behind so that i can go on trip. I only had ONE miserable dinner date with my hb since the birth of my #1 almost 5 yrs ago. Both of us feel that it isn't fair to the caregiver to take care of our kids while we enjoy lor. My parents didn't asked to be saddled with grandchildren and i can see that they are soooo tired taking care of my sons on a daily basis.

eee Pine Garden cakes! I had them for my wedding 7 yrs back and can say that their standard dropped tremendously. the cream they use is abt 1 inch thick lor.. granted the design looks decent but the cake really cannot make it anymore. My fav from them used to be Citrus Drops and Lychee Martini but they don't produce a consistent standard anymore.

Yeah i m too late for grassroot volunteer already.. that needs at least 2 yrs headstart.. haizzz.

morning mummies... i suddenly remember someone was asking me where i read about the reviews between TMC and mount a quite sometime ago.. (duno why but my memory suddenly jump back to that time) its inside the Year 2013 Mums page.. somewhere below of the page just need to scroll down.. paiseh for my very slow memory space nowadays.. :p

morning mummies, am super tired today coz i stayed up late last night to cook my boy's dinner for tonight as he has tuition at home tonight. Got to rush to pick him after work at sc and rush home tonight. i am hoping helper to come soon so that i don't have to cook dinner every night (and not hoping helper to come so soon else got to spend more money earlier and may not have a lot of things for her to do till baby is here. :p)

fuzzybear, maybe your good luck will come soon if they make any changes to the P1 reg system in time for next year's intake! still got chance!

felval, yes plssss! let me know who is the mummy so that can see if i can still join. thks!!

my baby has been twisting and turning in my tummy since yesterday whenever i sit up to type at work. if i lie back, like very far from the monitor to type properly. aiyo .... quickly go to sleep and let me type properly.

good morning mummies....

Fuzzybear, get ceradan cream to apply and see if it helps... no steroid etc... check out last night before I can reply to you today...
nice cooling weather to keep the itch away....
Like what the rest of the mummies mentioned, hopefully the govt will make changes for P1 registration again....
guess we are all stuck from CC to Sec for the schools for our kids...

Felval, like you i'm hoping bb to be late by a few days... hopefully it will listen.

morning mummies!! all the durian talk made me buy durian yesterday and i'm feeling so guilty now!
im taking my GD test this thursday..and i still ate durian yesterday haha.

febie, by secondary school usually won't go SC already unless SC is just downstairs or nearby and you are not comfortable to leave your child at home alone. :)

by the way, if baby is late for too many days also no good leh. gynae will usually recc to induce by 3rd day past due date else baby's head may be too big/hard to deliver. that was what happened to my #1, he has a big head and missed by just 1cm to put me through c-section mode, heng could still deliver naturally. i just hope my baby will be delivered only when sch hols start else i will have a big problem with logistics to send my boy to school in the morning.

Manawab,
Kayliz,
Is urs safra jurong? I think no chinese restaurant so u can bring in ur own caterer?
There is a chinese restaurant in bt batok, cant rem the name. Near bbdc, inside the club for home team. I think the price quite reasonable. If nt too far for u can chk it out. There is a small function room inside the restaurant so u dun nd to pay extra for renting the room. Its quite small. Holds abt 8tables if i rem correctly.

yes mine at Safra Jurong. There is a chinese restaurant called Qian Xi or something. I think the Bt Batok one u mentioned also under same restaurant group. But i heard the food at Safra not very nice, so dunno leh.

Pine Gardens, I read about a lot of complaints from forums and friends on FB. But i ordered their cake for my #1's first bday party. Actually i had a good experience with them. Their email response was prompt, delivery was also on time. My bro also ordered a multi-tiered cake from them for his wedding, all went well and guests commented the cake was yummy too. So i have no idea their review was so bad eh.

kayliz, the food at qianxi not bad lah... maybe u can check out the place for a simple dinner...
now if me and my cousins meeting for a dinner on weekday, we will head there as there's a mini playground in the restaurant to keep the tods occupied which we get to chat too...

little prince, I wont want my one to arrive too late... just late for 3 days can liao... hhahaha...
at least it's a Thursday and if #1 wants to skip sch on Friday i'm ok. and on sat and sun, I have to rope him in to care for his little bro...
plus I have 2 days to get myself ready too... so that Monday I can still send #1 to CC.... guess this confinement wont be easy as I cant break the routine.
Need to send #1 to CC every morning in my office wear and head back straight after dropping him...

febie: yes!!! the mini playground i remember.. can entertain the kids lor. I will check them out on the menu and cost again.

I am good Carine, was wondering where u disappeared too! Congrats on ur bb gal! did u go crazy shopping? wahahaha.. i m still thinking if i shd spree one more time cos i got Gymboree discount code!

Bluenosebear, come come, i give u my luck!! :p :p :p

Val, u sound like me! I also don't believe in leaving my kids behind so that i can go on trip. I only had ONE miserable dinner date with my hb since the birth of my #1 almost 5 yrs ago. Both of us feel that it isn't fair to the caregiver to take care of our kids while we enjoy lor. My parents didn't asked to be saddled with grandchildren and i can see that they are soooo tired taking care of my sons on a daily basis.

eee Pine Garden cakes! I had them for my wedding 7 yrs back and can say that their standard dropped tremendously. the cream they use is abt 1 inch thick lor.. granted the design looks decent but the cake really cannot make it anymore. My fav from them used to be Citrus Drops and Lychee Martini but they don't produce a consistent standard anymore.

Yeah i m too late for grassroot volunteer already.. that needs at least 2 yrs headstart.. haizzz.

Fuzzybear: Hahahahahahahhaha!! Im at the closed fb page of this thread. Thk u thk u! Haha.. yeah.. Went crazy shopping for meimei till overbuy. =P She had way TOOOOOOO many clothings to wear in near future. I'm so gonna make her like model everyday wear different clothes. Hahahahhaha!!! Cuz when I buy online like Taobao.com, I bought like MANYY.. and I went KK mothercare saw sales.. Buy like 6 jumpsuits and 4 rompers when I forgotten previously I had bought afew, my sis n brother bought some clothings for her, and my bff also bought afew sets for her. So now her clothings is super overload!! Lolz!

Had started to wash all my bb's clothings since 2 weeks ago.. Too bored at home during weekends, and weather are super sunny hot and windy. I scare by late October weather would be monsoon seasons. Wow~ Time flies.. another 3 mths we gonna pop!!!! I'm now 24w5d. =))))

SN, agree with you, no point having un-needed stress. on a positive note, you can start counting down now! end of all the pregnancy woes...

Fuzzybear, for a precious bb gal, its all worth it... is ur gynea pro VBAC? 60% success doesn't sounds very hopefully. having an emergency c-sect is no fun.

durians, i havent had any!!! craving for it but got to think of weight gain so don't dare to eat. :(

cakes, actually i quite like emicake. their mango and durian cake are nice. i like cake where you can eat everything rather than those fondant cakes where no one eats it.

Hi mummies, can i ask if lower abdominal pain is normal and can be caused by round ligament pain or baby's position at around 28 weeks?

hi, wan to check with mummies who buy from US websites, is it cheaper to ship via Comgateway or Vpost?

3xtime, check with you ah, for drugstore, they only accept US credit cards? Thinking to buy the avent milkbottle adaptor for medela breastpump.

Hi mummies, how are u? Fuzzybear, long time no chat here w mummies. Been busy with my #1 and works loh. #1 finally can settle himself in playgroup. Hope everyone is doing well and time files. We are heading to our 3rd trimester soon. I lost touch in SMH. Dont even know there is a new look in SMH.

xian1304>

some mummies were saying prices in amazon.com is cheaper, and it has free shipping to Singapore for some items, purchase above 125USD if not wrong. I used vpost concierge to help me purchase the items, and then pay shipping charges to vpost to ship them from US to SG, last month Citibank credit card has shipping discount of 25%, you need to check on vpost website which are the promo now. I have not buy from amazon.com, so I cannot advise

Febie, thanks for taking the effort to look for the name of the cream! where can i get it from? I m sooooo touched! I just applied some steroid cream this morning cos my rash is getting worse. right now i restrict it to at most twice a wk application.

Little Prince, yeah i read that there will be some changes to the education system that will be announced by PM Lee on National Day Rally this wk. One of it will impact PSLE exams. See if he announce any changes for the P1 registration but i dun think so cos the last major announcement on it was 2 yrs back. Wah sey u sound really really busy with ur #1! that will be my life when my #1 goes to primary 1!

Carine, wow! u really went on a shopping spree for ur gal! hehe.. come in here and chat too.. we are pretty active here.

Mummychua, my OB says the final decision is up to me but he has to inform me of all the risks involved. I read up online.. it is true that in general VBAC has a risk of 20-40% of not being successful. But if u look at individual cases, the risk level differs. For e.g. since i had a successful natural delivery before, the chances of me succeeding in VBAC is 87%. BUT since my c-sec was abt 18 mths ago, the risk of success decreases as the birth of my 2 kids are too close together. in the end there will always be risk associated whether VBAC or elective c-sec. the question is if i m willing to take the risk or not. haizzz.. whatever it is, the labour process is only the beginning of motherhood.. so i shdn't be too confused over it.. likely will just go for c-sec cos i have endured sooooo much for this baby. if elective c-sec carries lower risk for me, then i shd just go for it lor.

Rainbowpig, where's the pain? any other symptoms? loose stools? tummy hardening? hard to just say if abdominal pain is normal or not if we dun have more info on ur condition.

Bunny_bb, are u Snake_bb? hahaha i don't recognise ur nick but if i didn't guess wrongly, u shd be Snake_bb. gd that ur son is finally adapting to sch.. see, there's always light at the end of the tunnel.

Fuzzybear - I think better to go for c-sect too. 60% success sounds v low leh..
no loose stools but the stomach keep having the feeling of wanting to go shit. tummy hardening maybe once or twice in one hour?the pain is in the middle of lower abdomen.
I called the nurse at tmc and she checked with doc. she says unless its very pain then go back to clinic. else just tolerate the pain.

yah yah im snake_bb. bunny_bb was i joined when i had bunny bb. hahaha now im having snake bb so i changed my nick to snake_bb. hahaha i better change my nick so mummies i used to chat still know me.

i fart alot nowadays. tummy feel cramp then will go poo with lose stool. any meaning for this? I think as long the cramp is due to poo, i didnt bother much.

i fart alot nowadays. tummy feel cramp then will go poo with lose stool. any meaning for this? I think as long the cramp is due to poo, i didnt bother much.

i have the same situation as you.. i had a few times of serious stomach pain and literally bomb the toilet with all the poo poo....my constipation can get very bad till the point that I must get very serious stomach pain (because of too much shit) then poop everything out.. -_-...

Just finish a grapefruit juice and bowl of salad from salad stop.... sooo sleepy that i really want to hide in the storeroom in my office to snooze.....

Thursday will be my next appt with gynae... I am now 27 weeks... i hope when i see my bb on thursday, he is growing fine..

Rainbowpig, are u constipated? a lot of gas? where exactly is the pain? abv ur hair line? to the sides? if the pain comes without tummy hardening, i won't worry too much.. prob just slower digestion causing gas built up. i have lower abs pain but i know it is my digestive system because it doesn't come with contractions. :)

hhaha Snake_bb we have to call u Bunny_bb now! :p u can change ur name here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Q6XdGbP2X98wG7K9TbmrlAAF4L4eJRRVo_cSrRq7ZH0/viewform

Arissa, everything will be ok.. stay positive.

wooh, whole morning mtg and just finished going through all the recent posts!

SN, ankh, my case is different... my #1 had history of low platelets and low hemoglobin at birth (emer c-sec at 35 wks). The hemoglobin went up after one transfusion, but platelets took a total of 3 transfusions before the level stopped dropping, even though her bone marrow was fine and the diagnosis was that I had anti-platelet antibodies against hb's platelet type. As the pregnancy progresses, there is more blood flow between the mother and baby and hence more likely to "kill off" baby's platelets, which may cause internal bleeding in baby. I posted some time back on some available treatment but after seeking a 2nd opinion, we decided not to go for it as we still don't have a confirmed diagnosis that I have those antibodies and by #1's history, we are in the low risk group. Also, not sure if the treatment will work for us, so we just opt for more frequent ultrasound and I do regular blood tests to make sure my platelet levels are normal. Hence, we don't have the natural delivery option to minimize stress to the baby, and c-sec has to be as early as possible, so will be as soon as full term at 37 weeks.

Fuzzybear, I haven try local pharmacy... I used them on my boy as moisture as recommended by the skin centre doc...
got my first 3 tube there... it's save and I guess PUPPS is almost eczema like... so I think this cream works safely then you applying steroid...
unless symptom got worse, else avoid steroid... hope Ceradan works for you. Let me know if u cant get them from Guardian or Watson Pharmacy...
I'm bringing my boy to his PD before my gynae visit next Fri. Can get for you since I need to replenish my stock too...

Thanks fuzzybear, just changed and i guess have to wait for approval by admin? Mummy w #2 coming out, will u let ur #1 sleep same room as u during ur #2 arrival?
I have this concern cos worry #2 cries will disturb #1 sleep esp at night. My parent cant handle #1 so unlikely #1 will want to sleep w them. Don want helper to sleep with him cos afraid this will add in more bonding with helper later.

cakes: Personally I don't like fondant cakes... very nice, but cannot eat haha... I like those cakes that are 100% edible :p For #1's birthday celebrations, I either order cartoon characters that she likes, or just make my own. Anyway, my #1 don't like to eat cakes :p

P1 registration: Hope that they make positive changes! We are looking at a new school nearest to our place but heard that this yr also need to ballot... hiaz... Need to worry about this next year...

fuzzybear, yes, the labour process is just a small part, so just go for the low risk option.

bunny_bb, yogini, I also alternate between constipation and stomach pains! Now I try not to get too constipated and I find that muti-grain bread and drinking fresh milk helps for me.

jialat. i'm aiming for my temp replacement to join on 1 sep. but till now there are no good candidates at all! stress ah... =(

hello mummies,

i also have constipation problem :( Dr asked to consume more fruit and veggies when i asked...

Totorodino/SN, my #1 is also Mar 11 baby

Hello mummies!
I am back! Busy with month end closing for the past weeks! Hehe... Hopefully everyone managed to get the baby loots at the Taka Baby Fair!
For me, as usual, i bought like so many!! Busy re-arranging my room with the hubby last weekend... And hubby banned me from buying more things.. Realised i have bought far too many things... From Expo bb sale to Amazon to Carters to Taka Baby Fair... And not forgetting maternity wear from ASOS... Feeling guilty for overspending... Opps!

Who can i PM to join the FB Nov mummy Group? ? :)

By the way, this is RL here. :D

febie, you mean you need to send #1 to cc after delivery and resting over the wkend? hubby cannot help you to send ah? hehe, last time, i also didn't dare to let my son know whenever i am not going to work. he will keep asking to stay at home with me!

fuzzybear, yarrr. i hope the change in PSLE system will be a good one else i will have a big headache from now till 3 years time. my #1 is alot more well behaved now compared to last 2 years when his teachers keep calling me almost on a weekly basis to complain.

bunnybb, my #1 is sleeping on his own now, #2 will sleep with hb and me in our room at night.

Littleprince, how old is ur #1? mine turning 2 and still cant sleep alone. will look for me middle of the night. I put him on floor matress. I have to move up and down every night if he makes noise. :(

bunnybb, #1 is 9YO now but he has been sleeping in his own room since 6YO, I will usually read to him and put him to bed, wait till he is asleep before I leave the room. He enjoys me reading to me even up till now, but sometimes I make him read to me instead when I am very tired. :)

momnov, what was your nick in March11 thread?

snake bb, i will continue to sleep with #1 while #2 will either sleep in study room or in master room with hb. anyway, my theory is that hb is a heavy sleeper so even if #2 wakes up every 2-3hrs, hb wont be awaken while i am such a light sleeper that i should be able to attend to #2 immediately.

sei, yah i recall you posted about a complicated platets problem earlier on. sounds like both of us will be the first to pop in this thread! :)

little prince, yes. Hubby leave the hse ard 6.15am every morning and on some days where he work overnite and not even home...
I'm his main caregiver. Sending him to sch and picking him up everyday is my duty. so hopefully #2 pops on 28th Nov then everything can go as planned.
I still gotta send him to CC during my confinement else I guess all my pumps etc will be disrupted... so he better go to sch so I can pump 3hrs regularly....

helloo! Thanks for the warm welcome!

third3timemum, looks like I totally messed up the code :p will try yours, thanks!

fuzzybear, I'm seeing Dr. Lisa Chin at Gleneagles.. anyone else here who goes to her?

mawanab, yay high5!

v useful to see the discussions on what to buy.. unfortunately I can't buy anything yet :( (Indian tradition I think), so just researching now and will get someone in the family to help me buy after he's born!

"You would need to retain a Medisave Minimum Sum of $40,500.00 (effective from 01 Jul 2013) or the actual balance, whichever is lower, in your Medisave Account when you withdraw your CPF. This is to ensure that you set aside enough for your healthcare needs in retirement."

saw this when checking my CPF statement.. does this mean we can't use Medisave for our hospital bills?! no right!??!

Nearly end of the day, hang in there guys!

snake bb, I'm sleeping with #1, so guess # 2 will be in the same room but sleeping on his bed...
Got #1 a bed but he refused to use it after a night... so pass on to #2 and make it a habit for him to love his bed right from the start.

Fuzzybear,
Haha. I nt as miserable only 1 dinner. When i was a ftwm, i took leave to go on dates with my hb or tea sessions with my friends. I always make sure i am hm to prep dinner for my #1 unless i got delayed by work. The kids are my responsibility nt my parents so nt fair to make them look aft the whole day. Only when i bcame a sahm i will go out once a while with my hb or friends in the day and leave the kids with my parents for a few hrs. Since they dun look aft them daily and whole day so they ok but i also auto abit i dun do it often.
Yes, the cream for pg cakes is reallllly thick but i still order from them for bday celebrations in sch. Altho more pricey than bengawan, polar or watever other cake shops but at least can customize the design/theme i wan. This yr i ordered 2kg cake and whole cake was finished by the kids. Still nt so bad.
I certainly hope moe wldnt do away with alumni phrase else i am dead as i fall dwn 2a2 =p i was in old sch team so i did my part of contributing to the sch also le =p seriously, if they do away with alumni phrase they better be fair and do away with sch pvs, huey kway pv, affiliations and grassroots pvs!! Alth i stay v near the sch but the sch always ballot for sc<1km. Watever it is, hope i will have an easy n smooth journey to getting my #1 into my alma mater sch...so #2 and #3 i wldnt need to headache.

Littleprince,
Any idea how i can pm u? With the new format i no longer know how to use the pm function =(

Febie,
Hahaha! I think we are the rare ones who wanna be late. Most wld wanna pop early to offload.

Kayliz,
Qianxi food i find so so...mayb coz the one i tried are lower priced. Or chervon?? There is a chinese restaurant. But since safra allows u to bring in ur caterer ok mah coz at least u can choose a caterer with better quality or reasonable priced menu.

Bunny_bb,
Yes. #1 slpt in the same room as my #2 when she was a baby. He did get disturbed initially when she cried but aft sometimes it no longer pose a prob to him.

Back