(2013/11) November 2013

lxb: i have backpain since 3 days... its really bad... i always end up sleeping on my back... i apply some balm on my back n sleep... may be u try prenatal massage, i heard it helps a bit...

Hi mummies, good mood today cos of longgg weekend.

littleprince, the smurfs movie was a great catch on a hectic week. usually, I dun catch so many animated movies in a row..but in these past 2 weeks, I watched mimions and now smurfs.. lol..for baby.. :)

re: emotions
thanks mummies for words of support.. I feel sucky when I cry and feel bad for baby getting affected so I'm trying my best to get a hold on my feelings.

re: antenatal class
I called up Gleneagles and Mt A earlier and G is fully booked for next run starting in Sept. Mt A has slots for Sept, Fri evenings only. Also since Mt A is the lowest fee of $214 for non del mummies, I think it is a good price considered I did not budget well for this. G charges $320 and TMC charges $339 and I have also missed the 1st class.
So sending in my reg form for Mt A class starting 6 Sept, 6.30-8.30pm..Fri night dates with hubby. Lol. Do consider to join if any mummies still deciding..

But 1 peev is that I knock off at 7pm and went in to speak to my HR if I can leave at 5.45pm on 7 Fridays... but she told me that I have to pay back accordingly..bla bla..what maternity benefits. Geez.

re: Taka
I'm going down after work today to check out and wrap up my list.
Gonna buy the following. Do share if I'm missing out any other gd buys. :)
1) Quinny stroller + infant car seat - $559
2) Pigeon sterilizer + warmer bundle - $168
3) Aden and Anais Swaddles - $39.90

As for the wipes and diapers, should I grab now or wait till next fair?

re: prenatal massage
mdm ida 9436xxxx came by last sun. she was ok, since it's my first local prenatal massage, I find it alright but pressure can be more. I have arranged to try out the other mdm ida 9424xxxx at the end of Aug. But I read somewhere online that she makes mummies move ard a lot to accommodate her big size? Hmm.. Neva know till tried. I miss the fantastic prenatal massage I had in Maldives in June. The Lime spa at Niyama was simply the best. Hard to get that same feeling with the local ones? Keke.

Kayliz, good tt you hv made a decision! Our kids are only with us for a certain period of our life whereas our spouse is going to be with us for life. So must think long term too. :) I will be installing CCTV at home coz I have no other village help like parents/in laws. But I have very nice stay at home neighbors whom I can depend on if really need be. Anyway, hb usually goes out later in the AM to work and my office is around 10 min away from home, I can drop by during lunch hours. whether its safe for baby to be with maid all alone at home, will have to supervise and see. there is no guarantee anyway of a good caregiver, be it IFC, nanny etc too. mine is a Filipino coz i feel language is impt where taking care of babies is concerned and hb is not keen to get an Indo who is unwilling to take pork and need to separate her food. and, 4 off days a mth is compulsory according to my agent.

mawanab, take care and keep us updated on yr check up with gynae! i heard TMC long queue today though ..

fuzzybear, thanks but I don't need maid agency contact la, already "booked" mine, waiting for her to come in end of this mth only. oh, you hv yr dad around so thats good then. i had a Myanmar maid 2 years back and she was really good and hardworking except for some language barriers, I was also very strict with her initially and trained her from scratch, and I feel it did work to be stricter first and lax later depending how good she is. but we passed her over to hb's ex-wife when my half daughters moved back to their mum after staying with us for 6 mths. when she stayed there, she cld not get along well with hb's ex-wife and wanted to change employer so left in the end. i hope i will be equally lucky with my next helper.

plush84, are you intending to buy the FP rocker too? :p

Hi Mummies,

Anyone know anything/something about cordlife? I heard we have to decide if we want to keep our baby cordstem or donate before we deliver? True?

Linxiaober: I bought as picture in link below from kiddy palace, cost about $100 -$130. However, I do not find it useful/helpful as in supporting the back. Its useful when u want to sleep side ways; need something in between your legs for comfort & support tummy or raise your leg for blood flow.
Think there are a few more different shapes in other shops. A lot places sell, online, spring maternity , mothercare & etc.
When I have backache, I will take a warm shower, then raise my leg for about 15 to 30 mins and after tat I sleep on my sides like a cocoon; two legs almost 90 degree. http://list.qoo10.sg/item/THERALINE-MATERNITY-AND-NURSING/405693820

Manawab: Take care!

Cheers21: Welcome!

Have a good long long weekend everyone!

2013san, i signed up for cordlife during the baby fair at expo last mth. you may want to visit their booth for them to explain more to you. not sure if there are booths now but i know tmc has a booth that is always there. and if you give a referral, the person gets to get some shopping vouchers free.

Kayliz, good tt you hv made a decision! Our kids are only with us for a certain period of our life whereas our spouse is going to be with us for life. So must think long term too. :) I will be installing CCTV at home coz I have no other village help like parents/in laws. But I have very nice stay at home neighbors whom I can depend on if really need be. Anyway, hb usually goes out later in the AM to work and my office is around 10 min away from home, I can drop by during lunch hours. whether its safe for baby to be with maid all alone at home, will have to supervise and see. there is no guarantee anyway of a good caregiver, be it IFC, nanny etc too. mine is a Filipino coz i feel language is impt where taking care of babies is concerned and hb is not keen to get an Indo who is unwilling to take pork and need to separate her food. and, 4 off days a mth is compulsory according to my agent.

mawanab, take care and keep us updated on yr check up with gynae! i heard TMC long queue today though ..

fuzzybear, thanks but I don't need maid agency contact la, already "booked" mine, waiting for her to come in end of this mth only. oh, you hv yr dad around so thats good then. i had a Myanmar maid 2 years back and she was really good and hardworking except for some language barriers, I was also very strict with her initially and trained her from scratch, and I feel it did work to be stricter first and lax later depending how good she is. but we passed her over to hb's ex-wife when my half daughters moved back to their mum after staying with us for 6 mths. when she stayed there, she cld not get along well with hb's ex-wife and wanted to change employer so left in the end. i hope i will be equally lucky with my next helper.

plush84, are you intending to buy the FP rocker too? :p

littleprince, initially I was planning to get the FP rocker but getting the FP bouncer as freebie from Prudential.. still need to get the rocker then? hehe..

wahhh, free bouncer! then i think no need rocker le ba? unless yr place has alot of space and you want to create a playground for baby! hehe .. ;)

btw, my gf took her glucose test at tmc tdy and failed!! and she heard 3 out 4 preggies failed their glucose test today! :eek: i asked my gf if she craved for any sweet stuff or not, she said no and she even cut down on sweet drinks lately. so scary, like no warning may fail glucose test! i think i should eat durians to my fill this weekend and stop eating for the next one mth till glucose test is over. :(

hi Littleprince!
When are you taking the glucose test? Is this the one to test for diabetes? I need to go for that end of this month.. They told me to fast from midnight & the 1st jab starts from 8.30am. Strictly no food/water all the way till 10.30am after the 3xhourly blood withdrawal is complete.

i duno how.. ever since preggy, i haven't gone hungry for that long! scared i'll start puking gastric juice again. :(
do you have any idea how the whole thing is like? Are they gg to withdraw a vial of blood or just a prick on the finger?

good morning mummies, waiting for long weekend ...

kayliz: 4 days off is for all maids irrespective of nationality as far as i know... but be prepared in worst cases like after few days/weeks if maid wants to go back home like mine suddenly she wanted to go back and flying back in 10 days time... its bit stress to handle them... depends on luck too... if u get good and reliable maid the life is so easy.... i wish u all the best on ur maid hunt...

Really ah.. Coz the agent told me, Filippino maids off days compulsory. Indo maids at least 1 off day per month, unless they willing to accept money. But i will allow 1 off day per month as they still need to have their own personal time i feel. There is 1 free replacement if maid suddenly doesn't want to work. Thanks! I'm keeping my fingers crossed with a maid, it will be a relief to my workload & not an additional set of problems. =S

whee! half a day gone! :)

2013san> yea, best to decide if u wanna keep the stem cells and umbilical cord coz they need to give u this kit to bring to the hospital. your gynae needs to be informed as well prior to delivery. in my opinion, it's best to donate if you choose not to keep them, as they can potentially save lives. thus, please don't discard them!

if u want, u can put me as referrer for cordlife and we both get $150 worth of vouchers (can choose from capitaland and a few other choices)

there are 2 big players, namely cordlife and stemcord, in the market, so u can read up more before deciding. :)

Good day mummies...

Busy morning for me.

Fuzzybear, can you pm me your agent's contact too?

Thank you.

littleprince, yupz..can save some $ there. also since might get more as baby gifts.. so dun wanna spend extra now..tryna get 1 basic must have item for baby..

my next apt is on 16 aug. touched my 24th week today. when is the glucose test usually done? i'm scared of needles and blood taking.. :(

Little prince, usually after the glucose test drink, if the sugar level in the blood can't be dissolved, then will classified as GD cos of high sugar in blood.
good luck on this... I hope i'm not tested again since I did mine in the first trim.

plush84: Aden and Anais Swaddles - $39.90 is not anymore i guess... now its 55.90 if i am not wrong...

i also dont want to do GD test, is it compulsory to do it? i hope my gynae will not ask for that...

kayliz: wish u best luck on maid hunt...

JTS: taka fair mustela travel pack not available anymore as stocks are over it seems

momnov, usually your gynae will ask for your family history.
If anyone in your immediate family have diabetes, they might ask u to test to play safe...

winkle>

I tried with the Lilypie website, and yesterday I was 27 weeks 1 day, but I am left with 90 days, why you are 27 weeks, and only left with 88 days??when is your EDD? mine's 4/11/2013

febie: oh ok, normally on which week gynae asks, so far he didn't ask me, my next appointment is 28 of this month...

winkle: not very sure why increase in price, anyway i didn't buy, really wanted to grab this if it was 39.90 :(

Plush, your working hours 930am-7pm not considered long leh, it's actually the standard working hours for many companies. I work the same no of hours, just that i start at 830 and end at 6. If you prefer to knock off earlier than 7pm, perhaps your boss or HR can allow you to come in earlier eg. 830am, then you can go off at 6pm.

Kayliz, i think it's a MOM requirement for all maids to have 4 off days a month. I think your agent is trying to say that for other nationalities, you can compensate them with money whereas for filipinos, they prefer to take their off days than money. I actually prefer not to give maid off days because you dun know what they are doing out there, who they are mixing with and they will also compare with their friends etc.

Febie, sent!

Kayliz, yes the compulsory maid day off is implemented on our SG side. Fil maids do demand their days off but u can tell them that u want alternate wks off or something. Same as Indo maid. I find that if that agent is better at sourcing a particular nationality of maids, then they will tell u that country's maid is better. In general Fil maids are more educated, less communication probs but smarter and will exert their rights and entitlement. Indo maids cannot really understand english (esp new maids), slower, some cannot even touch pork. really depends on what u want and if u have the time to train and talk to them properly. I don't hence both my maids are Fil.

My #1 is in those 3hr kindergarten programme. I will only put my kids into cc at the very VERY last resort.

Plush, if u wanna leave earlier on Fridays, can't u come in earlier that day? or work a bit later on other days?

LittlePrince, erm forgot to answer ur qn on GD test yesterday.. no my gynae dun subject me to unnecessary tests. so no, i won't be doing it.. nv failed my urine tests for both pregnancies so unlikely i will be doing it.. Like what Febie said, u drink this high glucose drink and they test how u absorb the glucose.

Re: aden + anais swaddle
UP for 4 swaddles is $79.. so if u are saying 4 swaddles is $55++ still cheaper than usual.

Not sure if I am referring correct swaddles, anyway attached pic for reference... I couldn't find 39.90 one at taka

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    652 KB · Views: 77
Thanks Fuzzybear... I'm thinking abt Burmese maid... hahahha....
feel that they are more humble but I could be wrong. :)

third3timemum: my EDD is 3rd Nov lei.. i also donno y..hahaha...

momnov: i bought a pack of aden + anais swaddle from the motherhood fair during June.. was $39.90... my cousin bought it somewhere else..cant rem where.. was $59.90 for 2 packs...

Sheepsdream, my glucose test is scheduled on my next appt in first wk of Sep. Just chkd with my gf who did her test at tmc, only prick finger once to do the test leh.

Plush84, glucose test done at 7th mth for tmc patients. The nurse didn't say its optional so I guess its compulsory for tmc patients?

littleprince, i didnt have to do glucose test either. but I'm at gleneagles. I was a bit worried doing the urine test just now cos of all the chocolates i ate. haha. and my weight gain this time round is 1.3kg (last 4 weeks was 2.6kg). woohoo. sounds like M&Ms are not fattening after all. i think not eating ice-cream really helps. I didnt touch a single icecream in the past 4 weeks. N I think it's definitely safe to eat 12 seeds of durian to replace dinner. LOL.

:( no more swaddles at $39.90? Wah...

re: working hrs
yeah, I figured that it's not really long.. just start late and end late.. cos I'm in the adult learning industry.. most clients can only come after working hrs so even if I come at 8.30, I have to stay back late if clients comes in late after work. :(
Also, these coming mths gonna be hectic for me. we are running a booth at suntec on 24th/25th aug weekend, roadshow on 28th aug and another booth in Oct! Gonna be working late and with weekly evening infor talk sessions.. wah so siong.. hence, I was annoyed that knowing abt the upcoming evens, HR can still let me to ensure I pay back hrs! only weekend work can claim back off days.. all other evening after work infor talk cannot! :( oki, I sound so uncooperative. But i'm just tired.

littleprince, i didnt have to do glucose test either. but I'm at gleneagles. I was a bit worried doing the urine test just now cos of all the chocolates i ate. haha. and my weight gain this time round is 1.3kg (last 4 weeks was 2.6kg). woohoo. sounds like M&Ms are not fattening after all. i think not eating ice-cream really helps. I didnt touch a single icecream in the past 4 weeks. N I think it's definitely safe to eat 12 seeds of durian to replace dinner. LOL.

Wah.. stress.. next tuesday is my appointment... I am scared again that my weight gain is not within 2kg. Very "Xin ku" for me.. last week didn't gain any weight, i paranoid, stuff myself with tons of food.... today morning I weigh myself, I gain 1 kg.. so now over the next 6 days I can only gain 0.5 kg max, with 0.5 kg Macdonald breakfast allowance on my actual day gynae appintment , else my gynae nag again. :/

Morning mummies! Long weekend is coming..

Is there any recommendation for any pillow support for backache during sleeping? I can't sleep on my sides because my bb will kick me when I lie on either side.. So I have been sleeping on my back for few nights and morning it's really getting abit sour.. I was taught to use another pillow to support my back so that I can sleep 3/4 on a turn but it still doesn't help much.. Got those wedge pillow also doesn't help.. I miss sleeping thru out the night.. Dark circle getting darker Liao.. Any recommendations??

Welcome cheers21!

My baby will also kick me when I lie to my side... in fact any side, though left is the best... just wait it out and they will get use to this position - I hate to tell you this but there may be more sleepless nights ahead because as baby gets bigger, they will kick even harder and stronger and sometimes during odd hours of the night! like machiam dancing disco in your tummy at 2-3am! Anyway just take it as training because once they are out, may be waking you up even more then when they were in your tummy.

Mawanab, are you n bb ok?

Thanks mummies for responding to my rant this morning. Spring maternity agreed to delay delivery of cot till after seventh month. It was either that or refund me the money, and I guess not many would want to buy the cot I got since it's XS size lol. Nah, won't get it done behind my mum's back. I do that and i'll receive sarcastic, superstitious remarks for the next few yrs, and knowing our tempers, it'll become cold war number xxx. Seriously worry for my future sis-in-law, whoever she may be, cos she'll have to stay with my parents.

About maids, saw behavior that cheesed me off just now. Saw 3 girls aged 5-8 thereabouts playing by upper serangoon Rd. I wondered where the parents were, then realized they were under the care of two maids who were strolling at least 20m away chit chatting. The cars were going by so fast, I imagined scenarios of just one girl running into the road, and we'd have another (in)famous kovan incident. When it's not your own flesh and blood looking after your kids........sheesh.

Aaaarrrgghhh, my turn to be so pissed!!! I don't understand why my mum is sooooo superstitious! Now that it's hungry ghost month so she said the bb cot can't be delivered and installed till after hungry ghost month is over. Some more i cant be around when the cot is installed so she has to be present for delivery and installation and it can't be moved til bb arrives. Bl***y h*ll. spring maternity supposed to deliver within 3 biz days of purchase, I already pushed it back to fourth day to accommodate her. Wah liao. Tis cannot do, that cannot do. Sigh, rant over. Been like this for years.

Some people dun believe it leaving cot, stroller empty before the baby arrives as they see it as bad luck.. just bear with it? My mum has told me I can still be in the house during the installation of furniture or moving of furniture, just not in the same room.

littleprince, initially I was planning to get the FP rocker but getting the FP bouncer as freebie from Prudential.. still need to get the rocker then? hehe..

Hi plush84, may I ask which policy did you purchase from Prudential to get the free bouncer? I recently bought Pru 1st gift for my #2 but was told there would be freebies, but not sure what they are. Thanks in advance!

Some people dun believe it leaving cot, stroller empty before the baby arrives as they see it as bad luck.. just bear with it? My mum has told me I can still be in the house during the installation of furniture or moving of furniture, just not in the same room.

I hid myself in another room when the delivery guy form mothercare fix up the cot in my baby room.. but leaving the cot empty before baby arrives - no choice, because we have to see how the cot is set up...so the empty cot is now in my baby room.. but we intend to dismantle it to re-fix in our master bedroom.

Can un-installing and installing still be done during this month?

Hi plush84, may I ask which policy did you purchase from Prudential to get the free bouncer? I recently bought Pru 1st gift for my #2 but was told there would be freebies, but not sure what they are. Thanks in advance!
hi attigal, I bot the $100 premium for prufirst with the $320 top up (not sure what's that called) at the expo baby fair last wkend and got the bouncer free. That's in addition to the usual freebie which is the Omron thermometer that we can only collect upon baby's arrival. but I think my agent kan chiong so told me need to order and can only receive 3 months later.. maybe he wanna ensure the payments are in duly and get his comm first? dunno leh. anw, gd for me too since I have no space to store. haha. can pass u my agent contact if u want. met him first time ever at the fair. lucky chap approach me. prev, I had been speaking to another aia agent for quite a while and this chap nicely got me in.

I hid myself in another room when the delivery guy form mothercare fix up the cot in my baby room.. but leaving the cot empty before baby arrives - no choice, because we have to see how the cot is set up...so the empty cot is now in my baby room.. but we intend to dismantle it to re-fix in our master bedroom.

Can un-installing and installing still be done during this month?

My baby cot is already set up because #1 was sleeping in it before i move him into his new bed... I cannot tahan sight of empty cot also, so I dump all the barangs I bought for #2 on it - diapers lah, new clothes lah... etc. If you are not super pantang I suggest you can do the same, just fill it up with stuff! :)

Wah.. stress.. next tuesday is my appointment... I am scared again that my weight gain is not within 2kg. Very "Xin ku" for me.. last week didn't gain any weight, i paranoid, stuff myself with tons of food.... today morning I weigh myself, I gain 1 kg.. so now over the next 6 days I can only gain 0.5 kg max, with 0.5 kg Macdonald breakfast allowance on my actual day gynae appintment , else my gynae nag again. :/

wah yogini, i tink ur gynae is v strict leh. u r so skinny! don't think u gained much weight since the start of ur pregnancy right?

hi attigal, I bot the $100 premium for prufirst with the $320 top up (not sure what's that called) at the expo baby fair last wkend and got the bouncer free. That's in addition to the usual freebie which is the Omron thermometer that we can only collect upon baby's arrival. but I think my agent kan chiong so told me need to order and can only receive 3 months later.. maybe he wanna ensure the payments are in duly and get his comm first? dunno leh. anw, gd for me too since I have no space to store. haha. can pass u my agent contact if u want. met him first time ever at the fair. lucky chap approach me. prev, I had been speaking to another aia agent for quite a while and this chap nicely got me in.

Izzit! I bought from my regular agent.. must check with him liaoz. He is a family friend and handles my whole family's policies.. he did mention got freebies but didn't specifically say what. I got the omron thermometer too when i bought the same policy for #1 but in the end also never use - I bought the expensive braun one instead which I feel easier and more accurate to use.

SN>
I think Myanmar's maid prefer to have more $ then off days, maybe you can consider them? according to my SIL, but select those work in SG before, so at least they know how it is living in Singapore, rather than those have not step into another country, will have their own way of living, and its hard to change them, and they can be rather stubborn, and if there is language barrier, makes it worst, when you try to tell them what to do, they don't understand you, and you don't understand them.

Yogini, don't stress yrself. I think if little wt gain ok, doesn't mean baby is not gaining any wt. As for gaining more than 2kg a mth, it is ok once or twice only but not every mth. Plus minus ok la.

SN, my gf said gynae told her not to drink milo and control her diet fm now on. Anyway, will try to control my diet after this wkend. Hb going to bring me to eat durisns and buffet! :)

Maid, I think Myanmar maids are more hardwkg and won't demand so much compared to Fillipinos. They may not hv any hps with them too but Fillipinos confirmed will have lor so must set rules abt when they can use. Mine is an experienced maid, I only hope she doesn't give me attitude and problems.

Izzit! I bought from my regular agent.. must check with him liaoz. He is a family friend and handles my whole family's policies.. he did mention got freebies but didn't specifically say what. I got the omron thermometer too when i bought the same policy for #1 but in the end also never use - I bought the expensive braun one instead which I feel easier and more accurate to use.
Great then, easier with family friend..ask him abt the expo goodies. :)
Oh so the Omron one complicated ah? Just see how it works then.
Best news to start the long weekend, HDB just uploaded that key collection for our BTO is 22 Aug!!! So happy!!! :)

Great then, easier with family friend..ask him abt the expo goodies. :)
Oh so the Omron one complicated ah? Just see how it works then.
Best news to start the long weekend, HDB just uploaded that key collection for our BTO is 22 Aug!!! So happy!!! :)

Not that its complicated, I feel braun one easier to use. Congrats on your new house! :D

littleprince: why cannot drink milo ah? I need to drink Milo to kick start the day one sia. It's like my comfort food. I in a lousy mood and milo will perk me up!

SN, cos you ate Dark chocolate, thus wont put on excess weight. and Dark chocolate good for health too... :)

wah yogini, i tink ur gynae is v strict leh. u r so skinny! don't think u gained much weight since the start of ur pregnancy right?

Gelobean... i gain mostly in my butt and thigh area... I was underweight to begin with.. so till now (at week 26) I gain 7kg - consider normal still.. but my gynae will always benchmark base on 4 weekly weight gain...

SN, my gynae also ask me don't drink 3in1 milo..say very sweet... but I don't care ah... i can't drink kopi, and now i can't drink milo.., what else is there for me to drink in the morning (other than milk)...zzz

attigal.. Ok! i go back later and dump all my pampers and baby clothes on the empty cot.... to be honest, I also feeling very edgy when i see empty cot in an "empty room"...

littleprince: why cannot drink milo ah? I need to drink Milo to kick start the day one sia. It's like my comfort food. I in a lousy mood and milo will perk me up!

Yes!!! I am super Milo fan! Best Milo concoction is Milo Si Kosong - Basically is Milo powder with evaporated milk (not condensed milk), it will become milky and the sweetness is not overpowering... try this mix next time you order from kopitiam. Best!!

Back