(2013/10) October 2013

Reiko: tell them u got another wedding to attend? or u travelling? coz if the inviter is pantang better dont attend.

Kayliz: dont stress..think positive. happy mummy happy baby.

Thanks all.. been going to the loo to check and so far no more already. My appt is at 6.30pm.. time seems to crawl~

Hope: my Nxt appt is this fri...

By the way mummies.. I'm experiencing sharp left lower abdomen pain.. On n off.. Is this normal??
sad.gif

Anyone goin to the first mum & dad congress this sun?? I feel like goin but izit abit too early?? Lolz...

kayliz all the best for the check up *cross fingers*

i was thinking of .. but hubs says abit too early. =( but was thinking we shld get our finances in order soon.

actually i dun quite noe where to start with all the prep ! maternity stuff/newborn stuff.

arrh

anyone has used a maternity pillow? getting qutie bad aches and was wondering if it would help

Mich, so sorry to hear abt tis...
sad.gif

Be strong n Do take good care of urself!
happy.gif

Dear all, I am having running nose n abit sore throat
sad.gif

Hope not to take medicine so tat by won't absorb the med? Hmm......
sad.gif

Rashes seems getting serious now my both thighs have lots of rashes n itchy,face seems better abit... Skin feels dry n itchiness...
Lower abdomen feels cramp sometimes...

Tmr will b my first appt with dr Lisa chin. Hopefully everything is ok, bb is fine!

Btw, do we nd to book CL So early? Cos edd shd b end oct or in nov. hmmm as I m first timer, so dunno how... >.<
Also, any lessons for mummies to attend? Lik those exercises? Or to learn more on how to b a mama? >.<
Heehee...

Me too taking folic acid only. When shd start vitamin?

Hi Kayliz,
A little brown discharge should be ok.
Doc will probably give u some medicine.
dun worry.

Hi Winkle,
i have pain in the left lower abdomen pain too.
it happens at night when i turn from side to side.
tink it s the uterus expanding?
is this your first pregnancy?

Hi Everyone,
Today, when i were on my way to office, i kept vomiting. So, I decided to go to see gynae. Coz recently keep vomit at morning and night.

I asked dr. Paul to give me some medicine for my nausea, coz it cause me trouble unable to go to work, must control it. Or I will sure die, pile of works at office. He gave me some, feel much better now. I took mc again today for rest, my nausea is really bad this time.

Good news was I can see the sac already, and it is 6 weeks (exactly as my calculation based on my ovulation date ;) )
My next appointment will be end of march. Dr. Paul was laughing when he told me the appointment will be in one month time. He said you weren't that hurry to see your baby right? My hubby said NO immediately. Coz he knew I will be so anxious and must be wanna to see him in 2 weeks time instead.

Kayliz: don't be stress... Keep positive thinking.. You'll be alright. What I know of so long no fresh red blood it should be okay. My friend was having this brownish spot during her first trimester and baby born very healthy :) no worries ya!
Do update us ok?

Winkle: I had experienced similar pain, if no bleeding it is fine. Uterus is expanding ;-) keep positive thinking.

Hope my nausea will be gone soon, can't keep skipping work. I have tons of work... Haiz, luckily my boss is very understanding .. But not my client
sad.gif

Shinshin: so u've decided on Lisa Chin too? Hehe... Same here...
Yunzz: ya lor... First pregnancy.. Donno what is normal what is not... Like gan jiong spider...
monmon: I hope it's nothing to be worry of... My apptment this Friday onli... So long.....................
Kayliz: let's have +ve thinking tog!!

I'm 5 weeks and totally no symptoms at all lei... No cravings, nausea for few days and now no more.. Not tired like what some preggies mentioned..

Hi, mommies

Sorry to disturb,
Just helping my CL yen ying to post, she is really friendly, patient n good with baby. Can cook very well too.I'm quite a fussy mommy but she is good. SMS me if your interested, 93368616. Thanks

We mummies very contradicting de hor? No symptoms den we panic why no symptoms.. Den when symptoms come we envy those w/o symptoms! Hahha..

winkle: i also no symptons except some cramping. so i google alot..read on preggie books, read bout bad things bout preggie and get paranoid until my hubby ask me to stop. coz he cant stand i keep whining.

I slpt alot over the weekend. nap for hours and i sleep early at night (10 nish) and wake up early (6nish). not sure if this is sympton or plain lazy and my hubby says is the latter.

i have decided to postpone my scan to next week, ie week 6th. hopefully can see heartbeat

May25: same here! I read about the bad until I also paranoid... Good ones don wan to think.. Bad ones den keep thinking n thinking.. Will try to stay positive from now on n eat healthy!

Chinzilla: u so fast hospital tour Liao ah??

Hi Mummies.. Done with my consultation. I'm 5 weeks and could see the sac today. Doc said he nv take any chances as long as there is brown discharge so he wanted me to take bed rest and gave me MC until Fri! The thing is I can't take such long leave because I have tons of work to do daily. Also I'm not ready to announce to anyone at work abt my preg.. How? He will see me in another 2 weeks time, hope by then bb hb will be there.

Kayliz I am also having brown discharge now and then sian!!!!
I already back yo work after 1 week mc.

I didnt take luncheon meat or hot dog in my last pregnancy, I know hot dog got nitrate that we cannot eat but actually eat a bit of everything should be fine as long as dnt take every day in big amount bah

Bluberi, sorry eh, didn't realize I was happily typing grams for folic acid. Sigh, so blur nowadays. yeah, a gynae told me Obimin got something made from beef.Thought recommended folic acid intake is 1mg -5mg?

Kayliz, better to rest than to risk yah?

Hope u get well soon. Think positively.

Hi Winkle, I also have the stomach cramp feeling, am gg to the gynae this wk so hopefully everything is fine.

Eh luncheon meat cannot eat ar?

I hv been eating processed food le cos hv cravings but I dun eat everyday la.... But every week!! Lol..

Kayliz, think u hv no choice but to disclose your pregnancy to management level n ask them to keep mum le.. It's best to bed rest n dun to risk... Work can wait... No one is indispensable in a company.. I m sure someone else can cover your job. 1st tri is v impt... Dun risk ya...

Hihi mummies, this is my 2nd preg and first time here. Got to ask again. Should I travel when I am still in first trim?

Ya I agree with babychloe... Nothing is more impt than own family n bb! Work can wait.. I was also quite stressed up with my work but after I found out I was preggy I slow down already.. If I feel tired I'll take a rest.. If I'm not well will rest at home instead of forcing myself to go work... Not preggy can.. Preggy Liao better not! Haha!

My mum cooked luncheon meat today and I don dare to eat it! Lolz!

I had luncheon meat!!! Just can't resist.

Hi mag, u shd ask your gynae. My gynae told me flying does not cos mc but since first tri is v unstable, u dun wanna mc in another country or spot... So he ask me not to fly. Hope this helps

I read in books and net that hot dogs, luncheon meats are foods are prone to listeria monocytogenes, a bacteria that causeslisteriosis, which may result in miscarriage, stillbirth, or other serious health problems.

I didnt take in my last pregnancy cos I kiasi lol..but I think consume a bit should be fine bah...still depends on you lah...

i agree with you winkle,we mummy should know how to slow down even in our hectic work.by stressing up or let down we need to face it too.
sweet dreamz all mummies.

Winkle, actually only made appt with Lisa chin but not yet confirm to delivered by her... Hahah cost still my concern >.<

Oh, gosh, I had quite alot luncheon meats last week!
sad.gif
Thk I hav to stop it... So we r not "encouraged" to consume processed food? Hmm... Jialat, I m first timer but seems lik not kiasi ler... Shd b more kiasi... Else ll harm by huh?
sad.gif

Then how abt " Lou Han gou" drinks? And those herbal tea sold at herbal tea shop?

Shinshin,think take everything moderately should be fine ba...

Try to avoid herbs during preggie.. Those herbal drinks are quite cooling in my opinion...

N pls avoid soups sold outside that contains herbs cos we never know what herbs are inside. We hv to avoid dang GUI at all costs... Think duck mee soup contains dang GUI n some herbal bak kut teh also...

I m more kiasi towards these... D rest I jus take moderately...

Just found out I'm preg yesterday. I had a mc in January this yr and didn expect to i can have bb so soon again, v surprised, happy But at the same time v worried.. Next tue will see gynae, Shd be about 5weeks by then. This is my no.2, first dd is 27 mths old now. Hope everything turns well this time, the last mc experience was traumatized alto I didn do d&amp;c.

<font color="0000ff">morning all moms to be
the thread moving fast now, i spend quite sometime to read back...went for gynae last week monday, 6weeks and can see baby heartbeat. I diden how to react at that time, but sudden a bit teary eyes while waiting to make payment. So emotional...haha

Mich, sorry to hear the news, think positive. Not healthy hence not succesful, can always try again...jia you

Shinshin, lo han guo is a type a liang cha, we should avoid liang stuffs throughout the whole pregnancy till may be abt 1 month before edd, then can start to drink coconot drinks.

I have informed my direct boss yesterday, bcos we will need to go check average one every 2 weeks during first trim, so i better let him know in case he dunno why i kept taking leave. He is an ang mo and my boss feel happy for me. Relief....

Mag, my gynae this time told me travel is fine. 1st preg ask me to be safe and try to avoid. I guess its drpend on ur current situation if everything lools ok, can travel BUT try to avoid walking too much or tired urself. My understanding is travel during 2nd trim is the best, that is our most energetic trimester. I have just booked a cruise trip...going to book for another short trip again. Hehe

Nausea - started to kicks in but still managable, remember i started to feel miserable in week 8+ in my first preg. Dun looking for this at all...ppl having bad ms, high chance is carry a girl. My #1 is a girl..haha

Breakout- ppl say having boy will have this, not sure how accurate.</font>

Hi Littlefren, thanks. I just checked with gynae last night and he said best not to but if I am not having any spotting and short flight still can go. I booked my flight since last year so am gg to gynae 2 days before flight.

Agree with babychloe that we must avoid herbal stuff. My mil asked sin seh before and advice was to avoid taking herbal stuff for pregnant ladies. At most can only have pow seng, which will help to reduce some heatiness.

Thanks Kimmy, if I am okay till end mar then I will just go for my short trip. Just wondering whether your girl and my boy was born in same month. My #1 was born in Jan 2011.

I was super ugly when I had my boy even the nose grew in size. But I also have frens who were expecting boys and they looked radiant thus I believe it's a myth.

Hi Mich,

Doc say the same thing to me also. My baby stop growing around week six. She advised either i go through miscarriage naturally or DC. So far, i managed to go through the whole process naturally. They say is less "hurting" to the body. Doc say is an empty sac also. In a way, is good that everything being found out early. Can understand how you feel. Be strong and try again.

Doc encourage me to try in after my next menses. So dont give up hope and jia you.

Hi mummies, i think if the morning sickness and other symptons suddenly disappear or what, think is best to contact your gynae. Cos for my case, the initial part i have very bad morning sickness. But then it become lesser and eventually no symptom at all. Being a second time mummy, i tot this time round the baby very "guai" dun let mummy to Xin Ku. Who knows, it is actually the beginning of my miscarriage. Baby stop growing at week 6. Sigh

<font color="0000ff">Mag

yeah, i find your name very familiar too, I join Jan2011 thread. But khloe was born in end Dec..hehe, we both are in each other FB list. So coincident...

I also find babychloe familiar leh..hehe

@skysim,
I only know dang gui reduce milk supply post delivery.

For food, i guess for now that we have craving, MS. If we really feel like eating, can eat a bit. But dun many many ya. Just moderate to ease the crave or MS..

I craved for COLD drinks!! and I drank 2 big cup of ice milo yesterday. haha

Now everyday squeeze mrt to work and to home, ppl see I am just fat. Everyday pray for luck to have seat
sad.gif
...heard 2nd preg above, tummy show quickly, is that true?</font>

Hugs Shan, u will be blessed w bb dust again, stay healthy n have a good rest.

Mag, glad that u chk w your gynae. ;) hope all's well n you can go for your trip! ;)

Skysim, ya danggui will cause mc, so I always check w the duck rice or bak ku teh stall first. Not all will use herbs.

I'm getting heartburn more often now, though I can still eat well lah.... I can't stand soup n steam stuffs n even my fav lor bah, best is spicy, sour or fried.... Hai, my face is suffering fr the effect though.. Anyone like me?

My next appt is 19 mar which I'll be doing blood test for the ds test.... I hope all is well inside.

Kimmy, yes coincidence! I also agree for 2nd preg tummy shows up much faster. I try to wear not so tight dresses so it's not that obvious and also kitten heels.

Shan, get well soon. Nurse your health back and try again.

Littlefren, thanks! I booked my trip last year and also paid for hotel already so if possible I want to go for short break.

Hmm just came back from dr tham's clinic.. Seems the baby is small for 7 weeks .. More like 5.5 and no heart beat.
sad.gif
have to go back for a blood test and another visit a week later
sad.gif

Sigh doesn't look too gd

chinzilla: dont worry, maybe you miscalculated the ovulation period. You mentioned, symptoms starting to show right. Its a gd sign according to my gynae. Maybe bb too small that's why cant see. When I was 5.5 weeks, I can only see an empty sac, started to get v worried
sad.gif

shan: Pardon me for asking you. Did you have any symptoms like brown discharge etc prior to bb detected not growing?

I started with feeling quite nausea which my gynae told me to be expecting the feeling to be worse with each passing day. But, the symptoms seem to start decreasing in my case. Gynae told me ms is a gd sign that bb is growing. I am worried now. Nxt appt is on Mon
sad.gif

mummies, izit normal for sore breast to come and go? coz i dun have the normal preggie syptoms like MS, i'm a little paranoid now coz this morning my sore breasts were gone. feels normal. i read online that it can be normal but i'm also scared of having M/C again. my gynea visit is next Mon.
sad.gif

Hi ladies,

It's my 1st preg, am 7 wks now. Due to bleeding, I m asked to bed rest at home. Today is my first day. Was really scared, worried n sad. Sigh. Really hope everything wil be ok.

<font color="0000ff">not all women has MS, dun have doesn't mean not gd, stay positive and pray for a good sticky bean. stress is bad..

@mag, I can't wear pants now, will look fat and round, and not comfortable at all. Now everyday wear dress only. Haven dig out my old pregnancy cloths, pantang..hehehe

Btw, shall we do up the excel? Can send me the following, and let me compile the list</font>

<table border=1><tr><td>name</TD><TD> </TD><TD> child #</TD><TD> </TD><TD> EDD</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Doctor</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Hospital</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Gender</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>happymum</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 2</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 21Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Yvoone soong</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> </TD><TD></td></tr></table>

hi sillygal, no, no discharge. Nothing at all. But not to worry, my gynae previously told me that the morning sickness will peak around week 7-9 then will get better.
happy.gif

BluBeri, yup, sore breast come and go. Not everyone has MS. So maybe you are one of the lucky ones
happy.gif

Ivy, dont worry, everything will be alright. For my no 1, i have spotting all the way until 5th month. Now he is a healthy active little boy. Just be more careful. And in my sister's case, hers is even worst. Even have dilation when she is just 4-5th month. She managed to go against all odds and going to give birth this 19th. Just listen to doctor. Stay bed rest. Just sleep and lie down k.
happy.gif

Back