(2013/09) September 2013

Very very few, if none, in the fb group. Cos those in the fb group are the moms giving birth in sept only. The adverts you see here are by others in general.

Joanne,

You might also want to keep track of your diet in case you are eating something that causes the heartburn. For me, the major triggers are chocolate and milo, coffee (decaf and normal) and also some indian spices (unidentified). Once I avoided those, I'm able to live without gaviscon; could even eat tomyum without suffering. :p

I have not been sleeping well lately too... Very torturous.... Keeps waking up at night or if not my tots wake me up... Now beginning to have sore throat and cough.... Hopefully can recover soon... Tired

Hi all,

Haven't been logging in to chat.. Hope everyone is good!

Just some sharing on my experience on pelvic pain..
This is my first baby and I am only 29weeks pregnant now.
EDD is 30 sep 2013 and cant wait to give birth at 37weeks..

Don't think it is very common and not everyone experience this.. Maybe because my baby is 1.5kg now.. I dunno..

It hurts when I turn left and right on the bed..
Or getting up from bed or chair..
Clicking sound from pelvis when I turn on left or right when lying down..
Cannot walk too much in a day due to the pain..

After much googling/reading.. Realized that this is due to the loosening of my joints at the pelvis.. And physiotherapist may not help solving the pain... It shldnt happen so early at 28-29 weeks...

There are some suggestion to alleviate the pain online.. And it works for me..

When you sit into the car.. Try to butt in and sit down and move 2 legs into the car and keeping the knee together as you shift in.. Try to avoid opening your leg wide to aggravate the pain..

I am quite fat.. So, I can't allow a pillow between my legs when I sleep.. But for the skinny people.. U can consider a pillow perhaps for comfort.

When you get up to your bed.. Same thing.. Keep ur knees together when you shift in.. What I did is.. I went all four down and then sit down and slowly

Please sit down when you try to wear underwear.. Never try stunt to lift up one leg to wear underwear.. That hurts for me, anyway..

I sat as much as I can on a gym ball (Asian size 65cm) will do.. Instead of chair at home... Very comfortable.. Bought it <$30..

Avoid climbing stairs.. Whatever u do.. Try to keep your knees close can le..

Cannot walk fast.. It will hurt too..

3 days later.. I felt so much better... Hope the above suggestion works for u too..

Then, I saw doc yesterday.. Suggested me to get a pelvic support belt so I can do some exercising at least.. Gotta cut down carbo intake too.. Haven't buy one yet..

Another sharing..
I bought Prudential plan for mum after comparing 3 companies Axa/Aia/prudential due to the higher cash value on the policy only. The rest are not as significant to me..

I signed up cordlife with discount as a FBI member with TMC at the baby expo 2 months ago..

By the way.. I bought those baby bathe tub from those hdb shop and it only cost me $11.80 as recommended by friends.. Just buy anti slip mat and use it when u bathe your baby..

I pray I can go for natural birth without epidual and hope I don't need to do c section.. If not... Massage can only start weeks later.. Too late Liao huh...

I totally support total breast feeding and pray I can survive it for 1 year without temptation of feeding formula milk... Burning 500 calories sounds great.. And saving money... And helps to contract the womb/uterus.. Whichever..

Most of us are in third trimester now..
Got things haven't buy/settle.. Try to settle ASAP le..
Kind of tired out easily now..'can't sit for long.. Can't sleep for too long in same position too..

Sept is only <2months away.. Can't wait for baby to get out.. Cannot imagine those mums who said they missed the baby in their body.. I guess, I will only understand those mummies when my own baby is out.. Forgive me on the long posting..

Ekelly - How u know you will give birth at 37 weeks?

37 weeks is considered full term. but baby can choose to come out anytime 37-40 weeks..

Like my #1. Only came out 40+1 week after inducing at 40 weeks.

Ekelly - How u know you will give birth at 37 weeks?

37 weeks is considered full term. but baby can choose to come out anytime 37-40 weeks..

Like my #1. Only came out 40+1 week after inducing at 40 weeks.

Any mummy feeling strong kicks now?? I am just into my 30th week and the kicks r rather strong and even a little painful now...isn't it a bit early?

Hi winter79,

I'm week 33 and no more frequent strong kicks cos baby is too tight for space now! It's not early to feel kicks at week 30, you can be feeling kicks since week 20+
happy.gif
. The kicks in the last stretch may actually lessen to just stretching and rolling movements cos the baby is too cramped to give you a good strong kick anymore
happy.gif

Mine likes to stick out his foot all the way to my right side now. Or "buah" his knee across the tummy.

weiwei, yes yes, I did feel the movements quite early. Just it is becoming painful even lately which I did not experience during #1.

How u figured it's the knee buahing ur tummy?

Guess we should 'enjoy' the movements now...haa

dear mummies, long time havent login here.. as ive been active in our private fb group chat...and i read the threads down and realised alot of pem talks and promo ahahaa. we dont get this in our private chat in fb ya.

anyway, i was curious and checked aug/oct and they had same problem like us in our forum..

hope all of us are doing well esp we are expecting to see our babies soon!!
happy.gif

ya!! im enjoying the baby's strong movements asa well!! and u know u cant scold him while u trying to sleep and purposely tickle u.. hehe.. i hope he continues to be v active so i dont have to track movements everyday!hehe..

ekelly i have pelvic pain too.. and when i turn left to right on bed, my whole buttock like cracking and i must freeze my body awhile before moving...

anyway still experiencing baby hiccups inside ur tummy.. how to reduce?

Hi Fel, I am just hoping that it can happen asap and the earliest and safest moment for her is 37 weeks.. Maybe, I am just daydreaming and just too hopeful.. but I really cannot imagine having to tolerate another 11weeks to 40 full weeks.. 8 weeks sound so much more acceptable.Self cheating to feel better.. I pray it is not going to be post-term..

Hi Twentyseven, I can't tell the difference between hiccups and movements of the baby inside me.. hmm..

I just bought an imported new medela freestyle at $460 and just tested it today.. working fine.. and hopeful that it continues to work fine cos it doesn't come with a warrenty.. keke.

If there is another chance to turn back the time.. I wished I had more preparation done before third trimester starts and not during.. It's really tiring to walk around so much now..

The next worry that I am going to have is.. would my confinement lady be not available for me if I really do give birth on 37th week of my pregnancy? Pray hard she is.. gonna double check with her next week again..

If baby uses 8-10 disposables in 1 day during the first month.. that means, I gotta stock up max 240-300 diapers.. Currently, I only have about 180 infant diapers. Will wait till then to decide if I need to buy small size diapers or more infant diapers after 2 weeks..Hope that is the correct actions..

Any suggestion on the diaper stock level to keep aside during confinement?

My friend help me buy 20 packet of that Eu Yang seng herbal bath and I do hope that suffice for my 28 days of confinement period!

winter79,

well, my bb head down already and I know he is very tight cos he can only wriggle now. The only time he kicks is when I accidentaly squash him, like bending down or roll on tummy a bit too much when I sleep on the side. Then can feel a lot of frantic wriggling and and then big kick as if he is saying "OI!!!". So near the top of my tummy, I can feel a round hard knob sometimes, and at the far side I can feel another knob. and the knob at the top is the one buahing. So, guessing that it's the knee! very cute one. I poke the knob or tickle it, he will quickly withdraw. hahah...

twentyseven,

there was a time when I was checking reviews on a certain company so did a smh wide search for reviews. It seems that this certain company has been suspected to have bogus accounts and have been pretending to be mummies to advertise. So I would be very careful about what I read and believe. I think they don't realise that they are sooooo transparent and that they are actually spoiling their own reputation when they do that.

Anyway, the fb group is a private one, so there is any such thing there.

Ekellycheng,

You sound like you hurt a fair bit! I see a professional chiropractor to adjust my bones and spine cos they get misaligned due to old injuries and then the pregnancy hormones loosen everything up so I can easily get injured when I'm not careful. I find that I am actually pretty pain-free now and can still squat to take care of my toddler and take her for walks and stuff. I'm 33wks with a 2.1kg baby. If you need a contact to the chiro, pm me directly k. Some of the mummies here have also been to the chiro and found that it helps them too.

Oso, dun worry so much yah! If not enuff diapers, then just send hubby out to buy or buy online and get it delivered to your house! Dun need to super stock up. If confinement lady cannot make it, then cater in confinement food and get a hospital nurse to come in and teach you and hubby how to bathe and take care of the child. KKH has that service. A lot of the things pp say die die we need are actually not too urgent you know ;) Otherwise how did the mummies cope 200-300 years ago right? Actually all bb really really needs after birth is lots of mummy, milk and cuddling. He doesn't really even care where he sleeps or what he wears so long as you are near him when he needs you.

Then for the labour, it's nice to have a ideal birth; no epidural etc etc.. but you cannot predict how things go and can only hope for the best right? So no point worrying. The main and MOST important thing is that your baby is healthy and safely born.

Rest lots and dun think too much yah!!!

PEM, seriously stop advertising. we can tell who are the mummies who have used PEM services before and if their reviews are genuine. if u continue doing it, it just puts us off.

thanks.

haha weiwei, that is v detailed description of bb kicking! and at 33 wks bb head already down ah...

And I totally agree with you that a lot of things are not say must have...this is something that we can only realise after being a 2nd time mummy.

Ekellycheng, believe you are a 1st time mummy? Understand you would want to get everything ready and perfect as much as you can. Just dun be too stressed out as what weiwei has pointed out, alot of things will jsut work out and really, most impt is to have a healthy bb
happy.gif

my baby is doing alot of stretching i think. it's not painful. sometimes i can have 2 bumps on my extreme sides. he likes to move alot. he is an active boy.

per my last visit to gynae, he is abit too big. by 32th wk, he should range between 1.5 to 1.8kg but mine is 2.1kg. i guess it's my sugar level. previously i mentioned that i failed the glucose test. i really hope i can cut down on my sugar but sometimes i just cant resist. hahahaa..

Weiwei: would the chiropractor be able to help during pregnancy or after pregnancy? Thanks for the tips! Will just try to worry less.

Winter79: hi, yup. I am a first time mummy.. Hehe. Seems like I am showing all the symptoms of being a first time mummy!

Ferendipity: I think can eat more Liang tofu stall without carbo and loads lots of veggies for one of the meals and eat fish soup and chicken chop or fish and chips and replace the fries with more saad..? Can try the salad bar too. Love the corns, chick peas, tuna, tomato, etc with honey mustards.. U can order those Chinese soups too and consume half the rice.. I also sometimes eat mixed rice veggies with teochew porridge instead of rice.

Perhaps before food.. Order a guava and apple to snack first. This would help prevent constipation so far for me..
The more doc ask me to cut carbo.. The more I wanna eat them... Nasi leak, mee rebus, mos burger fries.. Crazy..

Al: Feel free to correct me if i say anything wrong..

Yest on Thursday @ 10.45am.. I queued 20min for the happy meal and bought 3 sets.. Well.. I bought it not for collection but for the toy and fun. I finished 3 cups of corns,2 low fat milk pack and 12 pcs nugget in total for brunch! I Deserved it.. suffer little heartburn after that... Hahaha..

Hahaha the advertisement from pem here looks like some TV advertisement so funny and looks so fake!
Maybe should add some background music :p.

So tired today!! Preggy brain of mine forgot to bring my house key!!!!

Here is the story:
Took leave to see what I have bought for baby and cut out all the labels so It can be washed. Woops in fact I bought a lot! Getting a baby boy makes me excuse myself to buy more clothes huehehehe. I have 2 elder girls, almost 3 years old and 13 mth.

Call aircon guy to fix the leaking aircon pipe and they come and fix my aircon. Took quite a long time to fix becoz it is hidden inside the box and previously someone has come before from the company but never did a good job so this time around they really need to do a good one..

Went to ikea with hubby, maid, and #2 becoz wanted to buy coffee table. 3 days ago my elder girl broke the temperred glass table! Very scary leh luckily she is okay. I am not at home that time but hubby is and she broke it using only Macdonalds free coca cola glass! Amazing and the glass is not broken.

Bought few more items from ikea, saw long taxi queue, decided to walk to somewhere near a taxi depot to faster get a cab.
Took a cab with just maid and #2 becoz usually hubby got some catholic group circle that he join. He usually went on friday.

Pick up my girls on childcare, ask taxi to wait, then quickly board the taxi home.

Reach home realize never bring any key!!! Argh!!!! Hubby is the one closing the door when we went out.
I have 2 bags that I used interchangebly, one is to go office (lighter bags), the other is to go jalan jalan with my girls completed with snacks, wipes etc and my whole cards/vouchers etc.
the key is in another bag!!!!

So I keep the stuffs I bought from ikea to my neighbor house, bring the kids and maid to a coffeeshop with a clean toilet (quite a distance), went there so my maid can break fast and my elder girl and i can have dinner.
My younger one so poor thing I didn't brjng her dinner so I bought bread for her but she doesn't want to eat. Lucky still bring her biscuit.

Hubby in the end cancel going to circle and go home instead. He can't get a cab so I ask him took mrt instead and he still in redhill area.
Reach home at 8 pm just nice we also just finished eating so we rushed back home. My elder gall doesn't want to sit in stroller becoz she pass motion already then walk so slow so i ask my maid to carry or run with her then I push stroller fast home becoz my younger one is very hungry already and make a fuss.
Finally reach home abou 8.20 plus.. So tired!!
Some more hubby got to replace his circle to tomorrow (sat).

What a day!

*the one in childcare is my elder girl:

Haiz hopefully these preggy brain won't affect me again.
Just few weeks ago I also make mistakes becoz of those 2 different bags huhuhu..

After sorting out my new baby's clothes and items, the only thing I want to buy is receiving blanket and hat.

I have an old one but good to have a new one
happy.gif
Last time my elder one's quite ugly becoz I am not experienced shopper yet. For my #2 I bought babysafe very nice and soft.

Dunno why cannot get the babysafe again, have tried robinsons raffles shopping and john little marina sq and metro causeway pt.
If really cannot find then need other brand huhu.

Hello Groovy2009,
Hehe.. U r not e only one. I forget my house keys too. More than once n my hb had to rush bk to open e door for me. So now, he will remind me to chk my bag if I hv e keys before leaving e house :p

I never forgot my key because I need to lock the house before getting out..
So, locking the door after u is a guarantee that you have brought your keys out!

Another way... Keyless door.. Digital kind..

Ekellycheng, becoz went with hubby so he lock the door!
Haiz. Usually I won't forget one even though use the bag interchangably. Or at least realized it before going home lor so can get the key from hubby. I remember once I forgot but realzied then ask key from hubby if I want to go home first

Heee.. Then, once in a while forgetting the house key is fine lor. My friend always forgot to bring housekey too.. And, she is not pregnant.. keke.

Sorry, double post.
The movement is light and in rythm. Like your heartbeat. It lasts for at least 5 mins. Anyone of you get this. It only happened after wk29.

Hi mummies,

I'm from the oct mum to be group. But I'm expecting twins so I think I may deliver in sept. Hope I'm welcome here
happy.gif

I'm seeing Dr Paul Tseng from TLC gynaecologist and will be delivery my 5&amp;6 boy in TMC.

My first pregnancy I had twin boys too, 2nd with 1 boy and 3rd with 1 boy. This is my 4th pregnancy with twin boys again. Been praying and trying for a princess but I guess it's God's will that I'm blessed with 6 boys
happy.gif

Please add me in FB group too? Thanks, [email protected]

Mm, I experienced that too! Normally for less than 5 mins bah. Recently has been quite often.

Kel, wow really envious of you!! You're so blessed!

ekelly, i feel so painful for you. i totally understand because i had exactly the same pain during my #1 pregnancy. it has a medical name called pubic symphysis. the onset can be anytime because it is due to hormones not just due to bb weight but the scary part is with each pregnancy the onset will be earlier.

for my #1 pregnancy, i felt the pain from around week 34 or week 35, can't remember. went to see gynae at week 36 and was given 3 weeks MC.

gynae warned me to walk less especially do not climb stairs. otherwise the pelvic bone may fall apart and need operation to correct it.

this time round the pain has not come back even though baby is bigger and heavier. hopefully can last until at least week 34 or 35 before history repeats itself. super not looking forward to the pain.

let's jiayou. at the end of the day, seeing our healthy babies, all the pain is worth it.

Hi mummies
happy.gif

Karen(blurqueen), you're pregnant too? You're in my fb right? Congrats congrats!!! Boy or girl?

Mm, you friend has 2 pair of twins too? And 6 girls!! Wow!! Can matchmake my 6 boys with her 6 girls
happy.gif
it'll be fun to bring the kids out for photo taking.

Pisces, thanks thanks
happy.gif
we were actually trying for a princess. Didn't expect 2 boys again. But can save $$$ lor, don't need to buy too many new clothes and toys

Msblur, they want Mei Mei leh
happy.gif
so during June when you're pregnant you went malacca? I wanna go now but hubby scared leh. Say twins high risk. Coz last time my first twins came at 32weeks.

kel (optimus_ke),

Yes that time in Malacca i was preggie alrdy. My younger gal oso wan didi leh, but too bad.
happy.gif

Ya lah, nw in ur condition better dun travel liao, esp you are expecting twins. So who will be looking after ur 2 newborns? I remember u dun hav any helper right?

Back