(2013/09) September 2013

Dear mummies,

I am selling my Preloved Ferarri Infant Car Seat at $120 (suitable from 3 months - 1.5yrs old, up to 11kg). Item is still in great condition, very well-maintained.

Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

Thanks!

8494621.jpg

Selling:

Brand new
Earth Mama Angel Baby, New Mama Bottom Spray, 4 fl oz (120 ml) $18

Grandpa's, Wonder Pine Tar Soap $6 (for pregnancy rashes, PUPPP)

Lansinoh HPA lanolin nipple cream $10

New but washed
1 Moo moo kow cloth diaper red color
2 Charlie banana cloth diaper red color
Selling each at $15, all 3 for $40

Used
Avent magic cream left 90% $10

Avent baby body and hair wash left 90% $10

Pumpin' Pal Hands-Free Breast Pumping Strap (used twice) $20

Pumpin' Pal Super Shields Medium (used twice, clean and sterilized) $20

Email me at [email protected]

Hi mummies

Sorry to interrupt
I'm May2013 mummy.
I had just gave birth and looking for buyer for my reminding 1 bottle 400 ml unused Elancyl anti stretch cream.
I have reminding half bottle which I can give away too when u buy that bottle fr me.
Thruout my pregnancy I used 2.5 bottles of this anti stretch cream and it works well for me , I don't have stretch mark for my 1st and this 2nd pregnancy at all.
Interested mummy pls pm me
Thankyou
happy.gif

Tangerinez
What's ur name on fb? Coz i do hv a few friend requests.

Cookiezz
I didnt sign up w Origins either coz even w promo, i still find a bit ex.

Anyway, i just got back from 4 days at Genting. Its theme park everyday and my ankles are beyond recognition! So swollen! Im at week 28 now and i feel so heavy! Even tossing in bed is a pain these days. Dont know how to last another 10 weeks.

Morning ladies ... been a while since i last logged on ...

seems like alot of u bought quite a bit of stuff from the recent fair ... we didnt go cuz i hate crowds ... and plus my #1 is under toilet training nw .. day time totally nv use diaper and prob only 1 at night in case of accident ... dun dare to buy and stock up on newborn diapers cuz the gynae say my #2 will be a big baby again ... my #1 oni used 1.5 pack of newborn diaper and upgraded to S size le ...

getting really tired these days esp when my #1 is sick now .. cough with phlegm and is super whiny ... hope she gets well before my bali trip this fri ...

anyone gained as much wt as me? =p I've gained 12kg already!!! (-_-")

Mirai, how many weeks are u now? N what is ur baby's weight? I've gained 9kg till now.

Have not bought baby cot till now coz quite a few of my colleagues mentioned that baby will most probably sleep with us if breastfeeding. Thus, I'm still wondering if there's a need to buy baby cot.

Wow.... I haven't been in a while and the list has grown.... lol

Charmayne, I will exclusive breastfeed (ie latch) but will be using a cot. The cot is next to my bed and will double up as a changing station. When I shift to my new house, and if circumstances permit, I will room him in with his older sister (3yrs old). If need be, I can temporarily sleep in their room but that will not be a permanent feature cos I'm a light sleeper and sleep best in my own bed ;)

You can let baby sleep with you but it will be very hard to get baby out of your bed later. Really hard because they learn to associate sleeping with another warm body in bed and get used to it.
happy.gif

So start with the end in mind, quoting the Baby Whisperer. Basically, how do you want your baby-->toddler to sleep in future, start from beginning. Otherwise when your next one comes along, you may need to upsize your bed...

weiwei, thanks for your advise
happy.gif
Initially, I was thinking of getting those co-sleeper mattress for baby.

Do you have any baby cot to recommend? Have went around to view several cots but they seem the same to me
sad.gif

I don't really have any to recommend; I bought a 2nd hand frame actually and a new mattress from ikea for hygiene purposes.

But what I look out for are these - sturdiness (in case baby turn out like my #1 who likes to jump up and down and cracked her cot base!), adjustable levels (useful cos in early days can put high and won't need to bend when changing baby, side that can be lowered and raised (when you want to "lock" baby in lol). You will need to lower the bed base to the lowest level and raise the side when your baby can stand, for safety reasons. and I find it kills my back to put down a sleeping baby with those single level cots without a side that can move. These are basically the 3 things I look out for.

Other people will recommend a cot that is convertible to a toddler bed. Those tend to be bigger. I bought a smaller cot one that can't be converted because I have a space constraint and I like to put my babies early on a floor mattress so that they get used to learning the boundaries of a bed.

You can also remove the side completely and push it up to the side of your bed. It's easier to reach for your baby but once after 3 mths I would put the side up. ;) cos some babies are really smart. They know where mummy is and will rooooollll off their beds and cuddle up to you. Lovely when they are small and cute. Not so lovely when they can sleep like superman and whack your face and are generally all elbows and knees.

I slept with my #1 like that in a king size bed for 2 days and after that she got banished back to her room and her own bed. lol

I agree with Wei Wei..

Maybe some mummies feel that they do not want to be separated with their babies. But imagine if your kid grows up and still want to sleep with you?

I total breastfeed. I put my #1 in a baby room and have a baby monitor. I accompany her (she in the cot and I am on the single bed) until she can sleep long at night (about 5 hours), and she did sleep longer faster like that. About 2 months old she can sleep that long already and sometimes 8 hours.

But then, it is not for long. By about 7 or 8 months old she started disliking her cot. So what my husband and I do is accompany her to sleep first then move her to her cot. That is until she is about 19 months old.

After that, I put her in single bed with the side protection so she won't fell down when sleeping. And my #2 is born when she is 20 months old and using the cot.

For my #2, quite different. I sleep only for 2 weeks with her. My husband is the one sleeping in the same room as my #1 and #2 until long. So when my #2 wakes up, I will wake my husband to change her diaper first then latch her. That way I can get more rest as I like my own mattress in the master bedroom (It is a Serta bed!).

As for my #1 case, since she can go down her bed by herself, she often come to my room and look for me to sleep with her. But usually she will sleep in my bed instead of asking me to get to her bed to sleep with her. That way I can also sleep well because I only need to pull her up to my bed to sleep with me.

I heard my colleague who cosleep with their babies, once their babies/toddler wakes up sometimes they will want to play with them. For my case it is never been the case because my #1 will just look for us (hubby or me) and then sleep with us immediately. That is the good thing of having different room between kids and parents.

For my #2 she is very good until now 1 year old she still loves her cot and can be just pacified to sleep in her cot without us needing to put her in single bed and sleep with her..

Hi,
Fel, I have received ur email invite to join the group. However not sure why unable to join the group...

Pls advise.

Thanks.
happy.gif

Morning ladies! Just back from my HKG trip only. Alot of walking over there, till my pelvis bone painful and feet swollen.
sad.gif

Shirley, Im seeing Dr Ang at Sun plaza. Next appt will be 3rd Jul. How abt u?

Mummies!

If you are feeling itchy down there around your private area, don't hesitate to visit a GP or your gynea.
It might be yeast infection!

It started with rashes, very pain and itchy.

I just got it, previously I thought it's just something like diaper rash, so I just apply diaper rash cream. After 2 weeks not healing at all then I remember about the yeast infection
sad.gif

Mine is because I keep coughing and when cough my urine leak. So I started to use sanitary pad. After that the rashes appear. So I stop using.
I have tried everything, physiogel Al cream, diaper rash cream and it is not healing at all. Until I remember about the yeast infection. huhu..

During pregnancy with #1 and #2 sometimes I get the rashes near my thigh so I thought it is the same. Usually it gets better after I use cream. I suspect last time is becoz of my panties is too tight becoz I keep wearing M size panties my pre pregnant size when I have my #1/#2 huhu..

Now I have bought XL size hopefully the rash at the thigh won't appear anymore.

As for the yeast infection, it has been a lot better after 1 day. Now it is not so itchy anymore.

I always take the GBS test for 2 pregnancy and detected GBS. For my #1 I do not have any yeast infection. For my #2 I remember I have a bit but gynea said it is only almost at danger level so he did not prescribe me any medicine.
Never thought for my #3 I got it!
sad.gif

I am hoping to get healed before the real GBS test in gynea. Huhu.. usually at week 32.

Becoz if I visit gynea and get medicine there I cannot claim to my co.. If I visit co panel doctors I can go anytime and it is FOC!

Silly me never thought of yeast infection before!

Haze is bad. Take care mummies!

If anyone wants to buy nursing cum maternity bras, maternity exchange at marina sq is having 20% off if u buy 2 or more. Till next week. They carry mother en vogue bras, which I feel are one of the best, ESP the t shirt bras. I wear even when I stop nursing! Was waiting for a long while for them to have promo!

Hi all, am new here =)

anyone notice the health advisories only speaks of elderly, children and those with medical conditions but nothing about pregnant women?

I think we should also be in the vulnerable group since we have a life within us.

Hi shonu mummy, welcome o the forum.

Yes, I feel we are being neglected by the health advisories too. Told hubby that we are not mentioned in the vulnerable group. Then finally saw news on ch U mentioning at 11pm.

Really hope govt can do more to help all.
Take care mummies!

hi ann glad to heard its mentioned! also in case the mummies here are not aware, N95 is not suitable for pregnant women. its on NEA website.

Good morning all mummies... It's a new week... Weather looks good... HOpe all is well with everyone and their little bub...

I've added all i can in fb... If you're still not added u gotta pm me... =)

Received a few emails. I either pm u in fb to add me or sent friend request. pls accept before i can add u into the fb group.

Back