(2013/08) August 2013

Reaching 3rd trimester n I'm having nausea feeling occasionally especially at night, very hungry n eats a lot, n the worst is constipation! Tummy feels uncomfortable
sad.gif

Lyra, careful with the pounds! Hehe.. I plan for a vbac, read thru the vbac blog and it says baby mustn't be too big! So I will have to be careful with the pounds.. So far I'm happy with the 5kg up to 30 weeks.

For constipation, try eating prunes.. I was constipation really badly a few wks back and eating a few prunes a day really helped.

Anyone going baby fair next wk? I've finally got my shopping list up as the reality sets in.. Haha!

Just one question for mummies who use carriers. I used sarong sling for my#1 but the daddy says hard to use & looks girly.. So I thot of getting a carrier. Looking at the designs, wouldn't it feel very hot in our climate? Any recommendations?

I'm going baby fair prob on 2nd/3rd day. With 20% off at OG, Metro & Kiddy Palace, I've cleared most of my shopping. Just hope to grab some cheap diapers, bras & heinz stuff for #1.

I used pupsik pouch for #1 till 6 mths old then switched to Manduca carrier. Hb refused to use pouch but he's ok with carrier. Initially felt rather hot using it but got used to it. Baby didn't fuss in it n sometimes even dozed off when we used at hawker centres.

Usaginoko, I guess the men are still used to carrying "backpacks" than sling bags! Haha.. Ok I'll check out the carriers during the sale next wk. Ill be stocking diapers, bottle detergent, and wipes.

Hi Usaginoko.

I am considering to buy the pupsik puch for my #2. I used baby bjorn for #1 and find it abit warm and difficult to put on.

Can I know why did you switch at 6months? Is is becos the pouch is not suitable for baby after 6 months?

Pls. share, thanks
happy.gif

Bbreeze, I've only gained 6 kg n I've all along been thin so I guess it's fine to eat more haha. My loved ones r happy I dun like so gaunt now. During first trimester, I've no appetite n I lose some weight. During CNY, all relatives were asking me y I look so skinny n weak?
sad.gif

I intend to go to baby fair on first day afternoon as I had gynae appt that day. Go after appt.

For carrier, I use Ergo baby carrier. It's quite hot for young baby coz most of his body is hidden in the carrier, so when my baby is very small, I used a sling most of the time. When he's older n his whole head can poke out of the carrier, its not so hot for him n I use it. I prefer carrier over sling now as my baby has strong kicks n can kick himself out of the sling. In my first trimester I still use the carrier. Until tummy shows, I can't use it anymore. Investing in gd carrier is gd as strollers may b inconvenient at times. N lousy carrier gives u back n hip aches very quickly.

Hi! I just joined the forum and it's great to read through the posts. It's already 3rd trimester (EDD 19 Aug) and I'm panicking because we are still not that prepared. Is there a baby fair this weekend? Can please add me to FB group too? [email protected] Thanks so much!

Baby starry, I switch at 6mths coz bb was getting too heavy. I didn't want all the weight on 1 shoulder. Plus by then baby can sit up facing in on pouch but I didn't find it very secure. However my frd used it for her girl till 1yr+.

Lyra, you are one of those blessed with a good figure to start with! Im on the opposite end, so weight watching is crucial! I see some carriers going on sale at the upcoming motherhood exhibition so i will be going to try them on.

My tummy is really expanding quite fast these few days, worried will get too heavy to move around properly and the swelling will start!
sad.gif

This thread is quieter, has everyone moved to FB to chat?

xo (wenditan), your gynae brought fwd the c section? any reasons? i guess a delivery anytime between 36-40 weeks is alright, but for me, a good deciding factor is baby's weight. If it's 2.5kg and above, i think its very safe. I had a friend who had to c-sec earlier cos her placenta was aging and couldnt supply enough nutrients for her bb to grow.

Hello... I suppose half of us would be in third trimester already? I'm at week 29 and still throwing up every morning! :p Usually 45kg and put on 6kg so far - but doctor reckons that I can afford another 3 to 4kg.... I only put on 7kg for my #2.... already, now I feel like an elephant moving about!

When I sit in the office, my bum is so painful from sitting. If I sit on a pillow or cusion etc (soft surface), I feel like I need to poo-poo! Can't turn properly in sleep, and baby feels so low... I already started the countdown. 10 full weeks to go (which would be 38w) where I usually go into labour... yippee!!

I'm at week 27 and starting to feel tired and lethargic these days. I've been on almost 10kg (nearly hitting 60kg already!) but my bump is still so small compared to my colleague who is in the same week as me. Wonder where all the kilos went...
I'm looking forward to the babyfair this weekend, although I'm not sure what I'm still lacking lol

Hi

I have the following brand new items to sell. Please contact [email protected] or 97440444 to quote your price if you are interested.

1 X 6 piece Breast Shell Set
1 X Moisturising Nipple Cream
10 X Breast Milk Containers 180ml/6oz - 1 set
2 X 125ml/4oz classic feeding bottles with 0m+ teats
1 X 125ml/4oz classic feeding bottles with 0m+ teat

P(bbreeze): my first edd was 2 aug, but after OSCAR it was being brought forward to 29 July. We wanted to stay put at 22 July, but now after edd was being brought forward, we are afraid that 22 might be too late for c section as its alrdy 39 weeks and most could have been in labour. Have already applied for leave, hence thinking to take the risk or not.
Time flies! Unknowingly, I'm already in my third trimester! Time to start countdown!

Do add me in Facebook! [email protected]
Thank you!

haha yes it's been quiet here cos many of us are too busy chatting on fb!
happy.gif
i've sent invites to some of you already. do look out for it!
happy.gif

Group name is Aug'13 Mum (SMH). it's a secret group so you won't be able to search for it. it's by invite only.

Pain shifted from side waist to upper abdominal.Makes it more painful when coughing. I wonder why...was it due to the exertion when I vomit?

I'm selling a Medela advanced pump in style backpack. Includes dual pump and standard funnels, plus 2 extra funnels for larger nipples. The pump is 2 years old but not heavily used because I prefer to latch on.

See photo of how this model looks like.

For only $200, I will also throw in one box worth of breastpads , pigeon nipple cream, pigeon breast massage lotion and one package of milk bags.

Optional to buy: adjustable handsfree bra for pumping $25 (pink colour)

Optional to buy: mybrestfriend breastfeeding cushion in green fabric $25

Optional to buy: pigeon tummy binder in pink lace for $30

Self collect at amk area. Please text 8131-3170

I have no FB leh... anyway cannot FB from office. Have a question though - We are due in August... does anyone plan to take HL early before delivery? Has anyone's doctor warned that might need to take HL before delivery? It pains me so much everyday (pelvic and groin)... plus still throwing up in the morning... plus the sleepless nights (from the pain, from not being able to turn, from insomia)... I feel like, I should be asking for HL leh... is it justified? My #1 and #2 I worked until delivery, leh... no complaints...

I'm selling a Medela advanced pump in style backpack. Includes dual pump and standard funnels, plus 2 extra funnels for larger nipples. The pump is 2 years old but not heavily used because I prefer to latch on.

See photo of how this model looks like.

For only $200, I will also throw in one box worth of breastpads , pigeon nipple cream, pigeon breast massage lotion and one package of milk bags.

Optional to buy: adjustable handsfree bra for pumping $25 (pink colour)

Optional to buy: mybrestfriend breastfeeding cushion in green fabric $25

Self collect at amk area. Please text 8131-3170
8458027.jpg

Hi mummies, i'm selling my Preloved Medela Swing (local set) @ $130; brought in April 2012 lightly used for 4
mths last year. Scan receipt is available upon request.

Items included
- adapter
- motor unit
- breast shield connector
- 1 valve with membranes
- neck strap
- drawstring bag
- information guide
- funnel
- 6 preloved 150ml storage bottle

Link to item : https://www.dropbox.com/s/pf8lzjhp9q4zpzf/Photo%201-6-13%207%2032%2054%20AM.jpg

Self collect at Punggol as need to test.
Interested, kindly pm.

Hi mummies,

I bought a black ergo sports model baby carrier at the motherhood exhibition ytd, so it is brand new.. not used before.

Am thinking of letting it go because there is another carrier tt I fell in love with. Its going for 143 at the motherhood exhibition.. am willing to let it go at a cheaper price so pm me if u are interested!

Frogprincess, I have no fb too..haha..I also have the pain in pelvis and groin!! Turn anywhere also not right..walk too much then pain. I think might be age related? Yes, I will take HL before delivery, highly suspect I can't be walking much near to the date alr..

Anna Javier, take care there. Why were u hospitalized? I think it's good to ask gynae to continue u on HL since u feel worried..

Hi simplygreen, mi currently at 29 weeks plus. Bb weight 1.57kg. E mummies here told mi i hav a big baby but my gynae never mentioned bb too big. How abt u?

Hi anna, wat is pre-eclampsia? U were hospitalised due to tat?

Hi mummies,

I'm selling pre-loved "yaolan " at $60. Used less than 3weeks. Suitable from newborn to about 12kg.

Self collection @ Yio Chu Kang (near AMK Ave 4).

Pls pm me if interested. Thx!

Hi Anna, I just came out from KKH too for high BP.
Hows your BP now? i am now on 3 diff meds and sometimes the BP will go too low. I am also worried.

Jos: You don't need maternity pads. Just bring the ones you would normally use for night would do. Otherwise, something for night = long/wings extra thin is always a good reference.

Back