(2013/08) August 2013

Hi all,

Just to check if i intend to latch on directly for breast feeding, then do i still need to express? can I just express later nearer the end of my maternity leave to store for when I go back to work?

Hi august mummies...
My edd was at national day, but due to pre eclampsia....my baby was delivered on13 Jun...31 weeks 5 day....
All the best to all mummies..... fighting....

oositioo,
are u low on iron? heard it causes the dizziness.. maybe can check with gynae? don't take it lightly..

gracia,
yes socks helped me too!!

zhaqqie,
breastfeeding is a personal decision..up to you if you want to latch or pump. There are pros and cons in both. Latch save you time to wash bottles, builds bonding, breastmilk is fresher compared to the frozen/refrigerated ones. Some initial struggles may include establishing supply, getting the latch position correct, making sure bb have enough milk cos there's no indication how much bb drinks, whether your body condition allows for it (e.g. if c-sect you may not be so agile), and breastfed babies may require more feeds cos its on demand so may not give you enough rest. Once you are planning to go back to work, you gotta wean bb off the breast which may be a struggle for some bb (and even mummies!), and you gotta decide how long you want to give expressed breast milk cos if u wan to give longer, u gotta be more disciplined to pump at work and eat nutritious food too so bb gets more nutrients.

As for me, i prefer to pump in the day so others can help feed and i can play with bb/rest/do my work, and i can monitor how much bb drink easily. At night, i will latch. You can talk to a lactation consultant to get more advice, and i highly recommend seeing one before u get discharged so u get on the right track.

Anna,
congrats! bb decided to see the world early. Don't worry, 31w5d is very safe, prob just stay in hospital for a while. Enjoy your bonding and rest well!!

Congrats Anna.
Dun worry you and bb will be just fine
happy.gif
Jia You!!!

Hi mummies

Sorry to disturb..

I'm letting go my 100% Authentic LV Neverfull MM size, this size is good to be a diaper bag.
Bought from Paris LV boutique, used once only and still in excellent condition.

Selling $800, comes with original receipt, dust bag, box and paper bag.
Let me know if keen, tks.

* Used once NUK wide neck bottle (150ml) - $5

* BNIB Honey clear bottle Avent bottles ( 1 is 125ml and 2 bottles are 260ml) = $35

* Lightly used Avent digital warmer (Used less than a month) - $ 30

* Lamaz activity mat (Lightly used) - $20

* 1 bottle of Brand new Goldminds DHA - $30

* Pink color rocket (the one with tinny holes) - $10 . With additonal cover (FOC)
Condition: 10/10 cos hardly use

Email me at [email protected]
contact nos: 9115 7111

hi anna,
congrats!!! u r the 1st one to pop here. Ur bb will be staying the hospital for awhile right? Take care of urself especially the haze nowsaday.

Anyone not going to work due to haze reaching the unhealthy stage??

kattylim, i doubt since we are filtering everything for bb! but we may be more susceptible to illnesses since our immunity is suppressed during pregnancy.. so do take precaution too..

i felt so nauseous after stepping out of the house for 30 min to get food..comparatively, my aircon room with the purifier smells like normal air and makes me feel more assured.. wont be stepping out of the house. Will be doing lots of simple cooking at home.

serene, the govt promised us $10 charge when seeing GP for respiratory problems. Dunno true or not. Get MC and stay home to rest. Flu recovers faster with enough rest.

I feel nauseous once out in haze..
Feeling very Heaty too so succumbed to drinking young coconut already.. Haha..
The Braxton hicks are getting a bit more frequent and slightly stronger.. Think it's time to pack hospital bag.

Take care everyone! Lets hope the haze ends before our little ones are out so they get fresh air! Right now, I suppose we are filtering it nicely for them!

Hi,

Cordlife is having promotion for the whole month of June. Do PM me if you are looking for a referral. Each of us will get $150 shopping vouchers.

Thanks.

Seems like this forum has become a posting ground for sellers. Wish I could just remove their posts... so distracting!

Anyway, congrats to Anna on your early bundle of joy. I too, had a pre-term scare... right now on hospitalization leave as well. My EDD is around National Day, too! On the one hand trying to get an NDP baby - so that she will be REALLY FULL TERM! .... on the other hand, it is getting very heavy, difficult, and painful... I tell myself, one day at a time... day plus day... it's an extra week for baby safe in the womb.

LATCHING/PUMPING: It is good to establish a pumping routine - both for baby as well as mommy. I did this for my no. 2. From the second or third week onward, I would express some "extra" milk after the morning feed (7am). Our body usually produces most milk in the morning - I started with just 30ml. Our supply usually is lower in the evenings - so some days, we would top up with the EBM. If not used, I would freeze them the following day - when the baby is young, in 30ml, then 50ml, then 100ml portions. By the time baby is about 6 weeks old, I'd have one extra bag of milk every day.

Don't overdo this! One extra bag of milk already created a big logistics problem! One month means 30 bags and by the time you return to work, you would easily have over 50 bags of frozen EBM! The pros of having this routine is:

1. From early on, our breasts are "trained" to use the pump. It is something we are familiar with, and is used to.

2. I also started giving baby 1x EBM every day from when he was 6 to 8 weeks old. This way, he is familiar with taking from the bottle. Babies gets smarter after the second month and many might reject the bottle.

3. I can go for facial or grocery shopping that last for 3 to 4hrs (without having to rush home to feed the baby)... knowing there is EBM at home. I'll just pump when I get home.

4. Bonding time with their fathers; more rest for mommies - At some point I just drop one of the night latch-on. So the father would have to bottle feed. This allowed me to sleep from, say, 9pm to 4pm or so (by then well rested and ready to feed!!).

5. When I went back to work, it was mostly, work work work!! Stress factor, coupled with busy-ness, the supply naturally dropped. Some days, instead of doing 2 or 3 pumps, I only managed one. So, that 50 packs of milk came in handy. Finally when I stopped BF, I still have enough supply to last for 2 to 3 weeks.

Again, please pump in moderation... I have seen many mommies overdo it by making their body produce so much milk, they have to give away their EBM, they have to buy a freezer to store, etc etc. Don't overwork your body!

Hi frogprincess, just check how long did you bf for?
I'm FTM so very blur on when to start expressing, how much to store and all that :p yr post really helps haha

Hi mummies, am a ftm due in Aug too. But i do not have any fb acct so have been passively reading this thread.

I was still very bo chap as am a born procrastinator till i read that Anna has given birth. Guess anything can happen so am finally starting to get ready.

I hope Anna's baby is doing fine.

Hello!

Frog princess, have lots of rest..a lot to do in the next few wks..our nesting instincts mean its time to prepare for bb arrival! Wash their clothes, prep the bb bed etc! While I know it can be anytime, I can't quite accept the reality so I have been procrastinating..just ordered hubby to wash up everything starting this wkend..I'm due around ndp too but can't induce cos trying for vbac so we shall see!

Zhaqqie, it's not difficult to get started on breast feeding, perhaps u can surf the net or read breast feeding threads in the forum for ideas. Or simply, see the lactation consultant after delivery and blast off ur questions. It won't be too late still.

Yea hoping all is fine with Ana too. Pm-Ed her but neo reply.

Hi Mummies, bought this book for $13.80 but my friend gave me one as a present. Selling it for $10. Msg me at 97309436 if you are interested. Thanks.
8540749.jpg

Hi mommies-to-be,

I'm opening up a small PO for confinement shampoo and shower gel. These are handmade with natural ingredients and it is SLS-free!

Shampoo and shower gel suitable for pregnant ladies and young babies, which are SLS-free, are also available.

Limited to 50 bottles for the first PO. ETA: Last week of July.

Please visit http://holistique.webs.com/naturally-warming-range for more information.

Hi Moms,

All these sellings are killing the forum. My 1st preg, the forum was so active and such a great support. I realised that many other threads are also in a state of inertia.

My edd oso close to ND but dun think can hold so long
Hoping to hit 38-39 wksd

hi Ebelle,

u must be feeling the weight of the watermelon too already to say that! im really dreading moving around.. a tiny step is like making me take a leap.. last weekend had been so hectic for me i lost 2 kg just walking around?!

Actually many mums have ported over to the FB group, some for privacy sake, but i think some find the FB interface more friendly and convenient?

Let's jiayou and in a month's time, we will start seeing good news here!

ya the group here very quiet but I dun use FB
sad.gif

Anyway anyone intend to take newborn pics with those photography companies? Look so cute.. Any company that is good?

Hi mummies,

I'm new to this site..My EDD is on 9 Aug.

Currently looking for post-natal massage lady.
Any recommendations and experiences are welcomed.

Thanks
happy.gif

I keep having nightmares of me having contractions and going into labour. Sleeping is a pain too cos of the watermelon i am carrying.. Yeah.. Like what P said.. Just tahan another month!!

Hi Iws,
I have this massage lady she is very good and her charge is very cheap.. You can consider using her.. So far all frzs I recommended all satisfied with her service.. Let me me knw if you are interested.. :)

I think only the few of us here dun fb..the advertisers shouldn't be advertising here anymore since u dun get much readers here!

Frog princess, everything ok?

Blessedm, I'm lost abt delivery too except I know it's coming soon. Haha. Other than that, I dunno wat to expect. Just wait n see, and when it comes, then I panic! Haha.. But yes, the weight is really heavy, and some days the stretching feels painful..

Zhaqqie, how's ur bp? Under control? Do take lotsa pics of bb everyday.. U will have fun browsing them as bb gets older.. Really miss those days my #1 was still tiny..hehe..I always playback his videos for him to watch and he'll laugh at himself.

zhaqqqie, we didnt take newborn photography for our first baby but we went to Studio Play when our child is about 13 months and took baby and family pictures. We've got a free newborn photo package after signing up with Stemcord so I guess we'll give it a try this time round for second child. Studio Play also does newborn photography and the photographers are very professional so u can call them up and check it out.

My baby gal is super active now and keeps kicking me. My whole tummy will wobble when she stretches and she loves to kick my bladder which is super painful! I took videos of her kicking and rolling against my skin, making my tummy "pop out". Will show that to her when she's older haha.

I told my older boy that the toy he's holding is for baby mei mei. He lifted up my blouse to see my tummy and wanted to give the toy for mei mei. So cute! Haha. Can't wait to see the brother and sister interact.

I dun think ppl who advertise here really look hard at how inactive this thread is before posting.. They just hit n run.

Yesterday my boy seems to be bored of kicking my bladder n graduated to twisting or pulling it. It was darn painful. Anyone having braxton hicks? I read about them but still don't really know what they are describing.

Lyra at least you get to film it down as evidence. Mine stops everytime i flip up my blouse to film, that's about 10 failed attempts and i am giving up. Haha! N so blessed of u, a boy and a girl!

Hi Iws,
Yup she massage for me after I gave birth. She charge 10 times 550 and 15 times is 800... 20 times will be 1k.. I had pre natal massage too and her pre natal is 50 per session.. Had pre natal cos my bb was v low and I keep having contraction at 5 mths onwards so she help to push the baby up and after massage contraction really much better.. Her name is Aunty Aida and her nos is 98858360...

Hi and congrats to all mummies-to-be

We have a FB group for mummies to buy, sell, exchange or even donate items. If you are interested, do join us at Mummy's Storeroom.

Membership is by admin approval. Do read the T&Cs before posting.

Hi mummies
Sorry for not ckg on the forum recently.thanks for every mummies concerns.
My baby girl Jaycia currently still at Kkh scn..... today is her 34 weeks and 4 days.....she is doing very well....gaining weight well and drinking well....if everything fine... she shall able to discharge at 35 weeks.
As for myself, busy E B M every 3 hrs ....very tiring...... no helper as no confinement lady...
Frog princess... may I ask why my milk supply still low although I very persistence and hardworking to express?....my supply just nice for my baby everyday needs.....no extra for freezing....

Hi Anna, so nice to hear abt jaycia! When my #1 was in scn, I visited him everyday. And I also pumped when I was there, the nurses really hawk eye my milk supply and stepped in to give me lots of advice. It was very helpful! I was given domperidom to enhance the supply initially, once it's established, boosting it was easier. Do check out the nursing room that is connected to scn or nicu..can get good free consultations from the nurses there. I had a nurse who helped me with blocked ducts even..embarrassing but over time i appreciated the big help.
happy.gif

bbreeze: bp is better now but still have its highs. Was better a while back, now seems to be slowly climbing up again.

Thanks Lyra, I will check them out
happy.gif

Jia you Anna, good to know that all is well
happy.gif

Hi Anna,

Gd to hear that ur bb's goin hm soon
happy.gif

Have u been resting well? Eat more fish and drink lots of liquid. It helps in milk supply.zz is impt and my lactation consultant shared tat the nite pump, the wee hrs one, abt 2-3am, if I rem correctly q crucial in helping to boost milk ss.

Moms, r u gers gaining wt abd having v hearty appetite?

been so long since i logged in here.. congrats Anna! we have someone on FB who's delivering today at week 35+ and we though she was the first.. until i popped by here today!

fb is very noisy these days w a lot of discussions going on. sad that some of you ladies don't use fb and can't participate.. well do let us know if you do change your mind and do decide to set up an fb account!
happy.gif

All the best to the remainder of our pregnancies!

* Used once NUK wide neck bottle (150ml) - $5

* Lightly used Avent warmer (Used less than a month) - $20

* Avent milk dispenser (Brand New) - $6

* Lamaz activity mat (Lightly used) - $20 (UP: S99).. Condition: 9.5/10

* 1 bottle of Brand new Goldminds DHA - $25 , will throw another bottle which is opened and i only ate 4 from the bottle

* Pink color rocket (the one with tinny holes) - $10 . With additonal cover (FOC)
Condition: 10/10 cos hardly use

Email me at [email protected]
contact nos: 9115 7111

Back