(2013/08) August 2013

Hi.. been missing out this thread.. whats the FB grp again??

MIne EDD is 30th Aug 2013 , having baby girl. But most prob i will go for Csect early due to low placenta.. yet to confirm.
Gynae : Dr Adrian Woodworth, TMC

Puan Sri: you got to give us your email address and we can add u to the secret group. you won't be able to "find" the group yourself. the group is called Aug'13 Mum (SMH).

ah ic.. add me up [email protected] (rynn sazery)

Thanks!
happy.gif

puan sri, so fast already decided to csect? gynae didnt say wait and see if placenta move up? im also having low placenta, but gynae still hoping it can move up, and likewise me too.. i can still imagine the horror i went through for my first csect..It was more traumatic cos it was an emergency one, if its scheduled i think it wont be that bad.

P, I also had a horror emergency csect for 1st preg. Felt pain after bb was out, when gynae was duno clearing my placenta or sewing me up. Anaethestist had to mask me to sleep immediately! Hence this round I opt for elective csect n specify I dun want that anaethestist, get me a gd experienced one ;)

He did mention that we shall wait till i turn 34wks.. my placenta is not only low.. but its covering my Cervix opening..

I wont want a Csect too.. my first child was normal birth.. I couldnt imagine.. recuperating with a baby and a toddler in hand!

One of my cllgs is 32wks preggy now.. her's is low too and her placenta isnt working properly to supply the nutrients to her baby. She's also due for Csect soon.. Formally she had chosen Raffles hosp.. and after financial counselling, she was told her total hosp bill was 80k .. so she change to KKH and find out the bill est will be 23K.. inclusive everything i.e NICU for premmies..

Looking at the bill really stressed me out..

Puan Sri : me too.. Low lying placenta covering cervix haha.. I'm praying for it to move up too! C sect or not never mind. Its secondary although my personal preferenceis to go natural. Just worried that cos of low placenta, will start spotting early n lead to preterm birth only.

Anyway I think you've been invited to the fb group already. Did u check?

Anyway JTS, my gynae also said if i start bleeding badly more than 4 weeks before my edd, just go KKH A&E deliver. Else the bill in private hospital will kill me.

Btw my first child i gave birth at 36wks due to water bag burts... normal birth with epi.. already cost me 5+ plus at TMC..

I didnt get any notification invite to the FB grp.

In this case u add monmav to your fb first at [email protected] then ask her to invite you to the group again..
happy.gif

Wah 36 weeks also need 5k for normal delivery ah? Single room? I know my friend did csect single room 5k at tmc

My SIL paid 2k after medisave, normal + epidural at 37 weeks. Single room, in 2009

usaginoko, i took one mth to recover before i could even walk properly after the emergency csect. and its definitely painful.. this coming one is your second or third? all csect? seriously im at a loss.. keep thinking that even if elective also will take v long to recover..vbac also like not much hope cos of the low placenta.

Amanda, u r so brave in your decision making! yea our goal should be keep bb inside as near to EDD as possible, otherwise everything will be expensive.

Bbreeze: not brave but no choice so just got to deal w it! If touch wood preterm then ok la KKH 20k is expensive but still manageable. If private hosp 80k then i got to look for loansharks already! Anyway best is, baby ah, you stay inside longer, mummy n daddy see u in August k?
happy.gif

Hello!!
I’d like to sell my girl baby cot that we seldom used. It’s really in good condition. Since she turned 4months, she went overseas. Since then, she is not sleeping in the cot anymore and sleep inside our bed.

I want to sell at $99 including mattress, teething cover, two bed sheets, bed frame cover and all accessories include with the cot. 99% good shape. It’s in white color ;can match with baby boys or girls.
I am selling cuz moving house soon. Pls contact me at 91834477

P, tis coming one is my 2nd csect. Did u use abdominal binder after u pop? I was on painkillers for a week. After that could walk well w/o much pain with use of the binder. It helps to hold the wound, hence reducing pain.

usaginoko, yes i used the binder, but it always pop open when i shift position. hahaha.. in the end gave up on using.. maybe i din take the painkillers.. thats y. always very aversive to medication. No offense, but u wont be trying for vbac?

Wah P, u very brave not to take painkillers! I've low threshold of pain, no painkillers I sure very miserable. For #1 I tried natural but failed n had to emergency csect. And the prob with emerg csect was i was allocated a lousy anaethetist coz the rest didnt wana come down at 4.30am in the morn. I dun wish to try vbac in case have to go thru another traumatic emergency again.

Anyway the scar is already there n my bb & I didn't suffer any side effects from epidural csect (apart from a long recovery) so no natural birth is ok for me, altho it means I can never experience how it feels like to push.

Wah, yeah... very brave indeed for those without painkillers. For me, I had long labours so I was most thankful for epidurals. As for post delivery, I tried to be brave buy gynae assured me that the key thing is to "not feel it at all" so I just took painkillers for a few days. The contractions after delivery (esp when breastfeeding) can be quite painful, too. More so after the second delivery....

I have ever think of "third baby, shall I experience it 'au-natural'.... but so far that thought hadn't quite sink in.. hahaha...

usaginoko, not brave lah.. just thick skin! hahaha.. I dont mind pain, but i cannot stand not having the physical freedom.. the csect wound took too long to recover from my opinion, so maybe thats y i keep thinking about vbac. But anyway, now that its low placenta, if the placenta dun move up, my fate is sealed too!

In case i really opt for elective csect, ill look for u and ask u which anesthetist NOT to get! hahah. u are with KKH right?

frogprincess, when i see how epidural is being administered, i get the shudders leh.. i think i am more afraid of needles than anything! funny hor! not scared of pain but scared of needles! i think ur doc might be right that we shouldnt be so gung ho and try to tahan the pain.. maybe this round i will just guai guai eat the painkillers..

Anyway, just to rant, i've been really sick this week. When i started second tri, i was down with high fever and a persistent cough and i had to take 2 rounds of antibiotics to cure it. The same bug is back now after going into third tri.. seems like it comes each tri!! hopefully no more. yesterday i was really so afraid cos fever went up to 39 deg quickly rushed to doctor. This round the docs knew to administer antibiotics immed so finally the fever is down. But cough until my ribs and pelvis so painful now! boo hoo! just a

few weeks back, i was having bad constipation, but i diligently eat a few prunes everyday and so far though i dun get to empty my bowels everyday, it doesnt hurt when i finally can empty it.

One good thing that comes out of this? I have only gained 3kg so far. I say it is good only because i am plus sized. Baby is estimated to be at a good size of 800grams so far, so at least i know i am not over/under eating. Hope the weight gain can be as little as possible and not affect bb, cos i really have tons to lose after delivery!

Talk abt weight gain... first one i gained 10kg. Second one i gained 7kg. Third one i have gained 4kg so far. So at the end shd be somewhere between 7 to 10kg bah... i am 45kg to begin with so its within normal range. Add 1kg after every pregnancy tho!!

Hi mummies, sorry to disturb. I have one good condition wooden Rocio baby cot with Fibre Lux mattress to let go at $120 (UP: $399) as my baby prefers to sleep with mummy instead..Self collect at Admiralty. If need transport, additional $10. Interested please pm me. Thx!

My back is gng to break soon. First child got sick thrice within a month, once after 6 in 1 injection, once due to Roseola, once (now) due to flu. Now fever as high as 39 deg. Brought him to pd, he's cranky n sticky to me, vomit, cry, wants me to carry etc n woke up many times at night to sponge him. Super tired coz tummy also getting bigger n sometimes so bz that I've no time to eat n rest. Back aching everyday
sad.gif

Hi Lyra, there's lots of bugs everywhere this period. Hfmd and chicken pox are increasing, on top of dengue! Do take care there. I've been down since last week with horrid bug. Feel just as terrible with all that coughing which is causing lots of pain at the ribs and pelvis too! Take care!

Dear all mummies here....

Do you all anyone know got any good master to calculate good dates for baby give birth.. I wanna C sec, but wanna source for good master to calculate good date for c sec. Do PM me if you all have any contact.

My email add: [email protected]

Hope to hear from you all sooon.

Hi Mummies

Anyone encoounter baby movements whole day?
Very active inside...making me uncomfortable.
Wonder something happen to her inside that givng me signal....
or am I too pananoid?

hi anna, me too. most of the time can feel baby movements. I feel tat my #2 is veri active as compare to #1. sometimes i can feel my whole tummy tighten when i am sitting down position especially if i cross legged. Making me veri uncomfortable sitting down. But i also cant stand for long time. feel the pressure on my back. sigh..

Bbreeze, take care too! Both my hubby n son having flu do I think I shd b the next in line. Now having runny nose already.

Weather is too scorching hot. Great incubator for germs n viruses. Do take care, mummies!

wlilian: Just to check if you went for the hospital tour at parkway east? wanted to see if u have the brochure on what their package includes :p

Hi Mummies

so its normal har....my no 1 also not so active....sometime have to plead him to move then he moved heehee...this one...sit straight abit, bent abit also move, lie down also move....

Hi Mummies,
I've a Combi Stroller Super Mechacal TM359
Condition: 8/10 to let go @$120

Product feature
- 3 different reclining angles of the backrest, which can be adjusted up to 160 degree
-Full coverage canopy with window
-Canopy with mesh window for better ventilation, and can be closed in windy days
-Movable mesh top window to let you fee secured while seeing the face of the baby.
-Front guard cover can be detached and washed
-Detachable and washable seat cushion
-Detachable front guard
-Front swivel wheels

Interested pls pm me or email me at [email protected], tks!
8405531.jpg

Anna, my 2 pregnancies, movements r also very different. Now my bb is moving quite a lot but usually in evening, last time my son moves much more than her n its throughout the day, anytime.

My son's fever came down. Yesterday went for blood test. Lucky it's not dengue or anything serious.

I cant really feel the movements through the day if im busy at work cos i walk about a lot. Once i lie down at end of day, i can feel bb moving. Mornings too when i wake up. Its not so assuring i cant feel it all the time, so if i need to feel baby, i will stop my movements for a while and try to feel for it.

Lyra, i think the fever bug is bad.. my fever was up to 39 deg last week and took 2 days to subside. i was worried if i had to be admitted. U do take care!

Yuki, how is your condition? I hope there's improvements? jiayou ok?

Haven't been in here for awhile! Last three days been having so much stress at work and I think bb can feel it too. He kicks non-stop for the entire day plus I forgot my lunch too. He's probably telling me he's hungry lol

hi mummies,
Veri fast.. we r moving to 3rd trimester.
Dunno y these few days there are non-itchy red spots growing on my tummy and spreading to my feets, legs and towards my thighs. Hopefully is notting serious.

Serene, quite common to get skin problems... Mine is itchy kind,I gotta moisturize or else it will be so itchy until I can't sleep.. U can ask the gynae for some recommendations.

Yes, hope everyone have a smooth third tri! For me, appetite reduce significantly cos I think the space inside getting lesser?! Hehe, I can eat small and frequent meals though. But once I overeat, it's like first tri, everything comes out!

<font size="+2">Selling the following:

Mamypoko tape diaper Size S - 50 pcs in a pack

1 pack - $15
2 packs - $28
3 packs - $40
1 carton - $52 (4 packs)

Serious/Sincere buyer sms to 98522403. Self-Collection @ Jurong West</font>

Back