(2013/07) July 2013

Abby,
Yup! Have to get own toppers but I know if you are choosing Sesame street theme, Pine Garden will provide but its best to check with them cause when #1's time, they told me no need to get Sesame street toppers they have and will include for me but I didn't want sesame street and so I got my own toppers from Disney store
happy.gif

Felixp,
Haha yes, the IFC rate at my #1's CC is ridiculous. It's Kinderland, seriously don't mind sending #2 there but the fees scares me off. Even with the additional subsidy, I still need to pay $900!!! I agree with you about the pros and cons of nanny vs IFC. Like you said, had very bad exp with the IFC even though the IFC was highly raved. I was pretty happy with the teachers as well cause they really took good care of my #1 during his period with them but I just don't like the way the management does their work by allowing the CC kids to get in contact with the infants in the IFC, also they are fully air-conditioned and my #1 kept getting flu every 2 weeks so it all boils down to why I decided to opt for 1:1 nanny now. Like what hpc123 mentioned, we need to be careful when selecting our nanny and I'm also lucky that the nanny is my mum's friend and my mum knows how she takes care of the kids. The kids whom she has taken care of and have grown up still goes back to her during CNY so I presume, she's been a great nanny. I hope I didn't make the wrong choice haha..

Anyway, it's really based on individuals. I have a friend who has the ability to send her daughter to a better school chose the cheapest one in her area because she said in this way she can have more cash on hand so that she gets to travel overseas every yr. The problem is, she kept complaining that her daughter has been receiving love bites from the classmates and yet the teachers does nothing and also commented on the hygiene of the sch but still, she feels that she doesnt want to pay more.For me, I think likewise. If I can afford, I will send my kids to a better school but if I cannot afford then of course I have no choice but to send my kids to one that I can afford so you can see the personal preferences.

hcp123,
Same sentiments as you to why I prefer nanny vs IFC now.

Abby,
I like Neo Garden and Four Seasons
happy.gif

Meihao99 is cheap and the food quality is not bad but... but.. I know they have QC problems sometimes haha but they are really cheap though.

hi mummies,
been away for 9 days. went to australia for holiday.

for mummies getting a stroller and car seat, i would advise that you get it after your bb is born.
cos some bb dun like to be tied in the stroller and you would end up wasting your money.
for car seat, its a must thro, but some bb also dun like to be strap down and parents mind just carry in hand.

for us, we actually brought for my no 1 when she is born and bring her to the shop to try and put her in before buying.

my 1 cents worth of advise lah.

i also like neo garden and four season.

care giver:
we decided to go for engaging a helper and mil will be coming over my place to "supervise" the helper everyday.

we dun like having a stranger in the house too... but after much consideration and my hb intended to change job with shift hours. mil can only come over after 10am in the morning. that's the best that we can do.

Orangey: I think Pine Garden won't have the topper for what my daughter wants. How to access Disney Store in Singapore?

Linda & Orangey: Wah you both recommend Neo Garden & Four Seasons!

I have Neo Garden, Liang Catering and Orange Clove on my list but Liang catering is the cheapest.

Will check out Four Seasons.

Thank you.

Abby,
I bought using VPOST from Disney store USA. Which toppers are you looking at? I know SMH forum there's a few shops selling disney toppers (Princess series/Mickey series/Toy story series).

Let me go find the contact for u if there is.
U can go take a look at Meihao 99. I like their sweet sour pork cause its really crispy but the last time I had them at my cousin's place, the sweet sour pork wasnt that nice but still.

My sister catered Four seasons frequently and I like their food and the arrangement for the buffet settings. Very nice and classy!

Linda, we also engaging a helper but more to do chores and cook dinner. So helper will be alone at home in the day and she can smile at me thru the camera that I will soon install. Baby still goes nanny and #1 ideally will start full day CC
happy.gif

hpc123,
oic...
another reason for a helper also cos no 1 gg P1 next year.
if no helper, no 1 will have to go to student care and no 2 infant care, and if hb working shift, there is no way i can fetch both before 7pm. cos no student care is near to my place.

but i have yet to go search for my helper.

Linda, have u decided which nationality u want to choose? We are getting one from philippines cos i can't speak malay to get indonesia. Filippino also better with young kids

hpc123,
i am getting indo maid.
getting an ex sin.
my friend who runs a maid agency as well told us if possible not to get fillipino cos they are too smart and tend to be harder to handle.
but no doubt they are better in dealing with children.

Orangey: I agreed w u totally that parenting is a really a personal choice, and as parents ourselves now, i realised that we are constantly being offered "advices" by others, which may or may not goes down well with me (haha) and I had to hold myself at times not to rebuke some of them but only smile and not take them to heart. I, myself, oso have to refrain from making such remarks at times and i always remain my hub not to compare as how each parent teach/ bring up his/her child(ren) is really a personal choice and not for us to comment.

IFC and Nanny, each has its pros and cons. The biggest con of ifc is the rushing and getting sick part. For nanny, i had heard of friends whose babies were taken care of by nannies, mentioned that some nannies were from m'sian / not educated and so they were concerned with their child(ren) picking up m'sian accent/ broken english.

Btw, there is kinderland at my work place and the staff rates are really cheap - $200-300 per kid after subsidy at ifc / cc - but the waiting list is long. Even without subsidy, dun understand why they shld be charging 1.7k. Maybe its due to the location.
sad.gif

Abby: I think Orange Grove is not bad; its the halal subsidiary of Neo Garden i think. For the cake toppers, i bought mine from ebay previously.

TGIF finally...
happy.gif

Woo...thanks for the inputs and suggestions!

Do you mummies have problems sleeping? Nowadays I can't sleep much or properly. On 'good days' which is not often managed to sleep 10hrs. If not 7hrs or less...

N I have to send my daughter to school n wait for her cos it will be a hassle to go home n have to go out in a short while...

me want my sleep .. but my gal had been waking up these few days asking for milk .... n she can drink .. almost 200ml ... not sure if it is bcos i was talking wz my SIL on how much milk my nephew drinking .. then told my gal tat kor kor (2mth older than her) is drinking so much ... after tat day, my gal had been waking up every nite for milk milk ... faint ...

making me so tiring during the day ... drag my feets to work ... haiz...

mth end come quickly ... i wan my rest ...

Felixp,
The location of my #1's CC is not that great. It's in Sengkang hahah! The ratio in that center is good, 1:2 and there's only 3 or 4 infants only and I usually see 3 teachers so the attention that the infants get is really big which is why if I can afford I would place my #2 there since its also convenient for me to fetch both #1 and #2 home but but.. $1.7K is too much for me. Pat School House and Lim ah pin rd is worse I think it's over 2K already *gulp*

Ling,
Kidzpartystore has Barney toppers
happy.gif

www.kidzpartystore.com/barney-c-3_60.html

Hey mummies!

Posting here coz I'm insomniac. So glad that the march hols are here though.

This thread is moving fast and I haven't been able to keep up with the pace. I'm just wondering if any one of you are keen if I set up another fb group, maybe under the name july babies and mummies, for those who want to keep in touch and hopefully set up playdates for our kids in the near future? Coz I only log in here once in a while.

I made frds with a bunch of wonderful ladies during my sgbrides forum days and from multiply. Thought it would be nice to know more like-minded mummy frds. I regretted not doing so with my no. 1. If you are keen, do let me know. pm me or write down your email add here yah.

Happy weekend!

Any ladies here use Pigeon breasts pump before (manual)?
I'm thinking whether to buy Avent or Pigeon.. I used Avent manual pump for my 1&2 kids but think the Avent manual pump has too many parts to fix so not very convenient to bring out... Especially to office when Im going back to work

I tried medela before too but it's too painful for me...so manual pump suits me

Any advice on storage of breast milk.? Which is better? Glass bottle storage or plastic storage ? I read glass bottles may chip if milk thaw or freeze too fast ...

I'm due in July and would like to start buying these things soon

But it's such a thought lah. If no mummy's keen, then I won't yah. Happy weekend! I'm gg on a groupon ps today at hortpark with the hubs, bb k and my frds. Have a good one, fellow mummies!

Llng: there is but no one is adding the others in. I have asked a few times but no one responded or added me in fb.

Belladee u may add me in at [email protected]. Couldn't pm u cos of ur settings

Have a good wkend everyone

Hey blessedmum, got it! If there are mummies who are keen, I'll set up the grp yah. You ok if I add you to my personal fb acc? I'll go change my pm settings.

Liyenn, I am not sure about the Pigeon Manual pump, but I absolutely love the Avent Manual Pump and alot of my friends love that too.

As for breastmilk storage, I tried bottles in the past, both plastic and glass. This round, I think I will just pour them into milk bags so that I save the hassle of washing. Exception would be those I pump out for the nanny to feed the next day then I pass to her in bottles. Those meant for freezing, I will just usually pour into milk bags.

Re: Breast Milk storage bag
Went kiddy palace on Sat to buy a new water bottle for #1 and came across this Korean brand milk storage bag. Its 80pcs for $39.90 which I find it rather cheap
happy.gif

Liyenn,
I used Pigeon Manual pump when I'm out. It works fine for me but tiring like all manual pump but still its better than not clearing the breasts as supply will drop. Last time before getting the manual pump, I carry the whole set of Freestyle out but gradually hub and I find it too hassle and heavy so so we got the manual pump. Save alot of energy and trouble
happy.gif

Milk Bags - If anyone goes to Thailand, go buy the Boots Milk Bag, even cheaper. Like a box for $6-$7 for 40 packs. with double seal and also up to 250ml
happy.gif

Hi orangey & hpc 123, thanks for the tips
happy.gif

anyone tried swaddle me for nb? Do you think Singapore weather is too hot to swaddle babies?

Liyenn: I need better to swaddle cos this will calm them down as they cant control their hands movement yet. I did not use any swaddle wrap for #1 and i found it difficult to swaddle with just the cloth, hence, will be getting swaddle wraps, still looking around. I think anything in thin cotton will be fine.
happy.gif

Hi Felixp, you're right. Think swaddling nb will calm them down. Saw many types of swaddling products at isetan and mothercare

Anyone here goes to Gynae Wendy Teo from Thomson medical?

Good morning all, regarding swaddle, I recall swaddling my #1 until like 2 months plus then at night when she sleeps until 3rd month. Helps keep her secure and warm. I prefer to use the usual nappy cloth which is thin and easy to wash and actually its quite easy to swaddle (like wrapping a present..heheh). So I plan to do the same this round esp since we delivering in July, hot weather, so for me, thin swaddle is best
happy.gif

Hi all,

I swaddled my 1st till about 4 months. He tends to wake up easily so doc recommended me to swaddle him to make him feel secure.

I did not buy any special swaddle products, we just used a slightly thicker cloth then nappy cloth to swaddle him. You can ask the hospital nurses to teach you how to swaddle. There is a technique so that the swaddle won't come apart easily.

I think I am a lazy mommy, lol. I rem i have difficulties securing the swaddlecloth in place and now i will just get swaddlewraps to save the hassle. Kekes.

swaddle baby: i use cloth diaper to swaddle my #1, good!!!
mrs wong sell swaddle cloth which she claim baby will sleep very well with it and baby will love the material. can try if you all tinking to buy. 1pc quite exp, i almost invest haha ..

catering: i still prefer Neo Garden, be it the food or setup. Chilli Padi not bad too.

Abby: try "Celebrate with Cake". they have very nice, creative cake.

Hi ladies, when is a good time to give the CL the deposit? Next month? Mine is asking for $500 deposit.. I feel it's a bit too much
sad.gif
is the amount common?

Hi bluejoy, i've paid my CL deposit of $200. Norm i heard is asking for $200 - $300 deposits. You might want to wait to see how much the others are paying.
happy.gif

Back