(2013/07) July 2013

i buy my maternity pants from gmarket. quality not bad.

met with a car accident the other day. went to Mt A hospital. doc say i dun look like 10 weeks pregnant. i look like 4 mths pregnant. angry!!!!

How do you mummies fully potty train your kids? My 3yr+ daughter currently will not wear diapers in when she is awake at home. But she wears diapers at night or naps, n when we go out.

I also dun like the idea of my daughter using dirty public toilets as she will have to sit.

linda, i was at spring maternity suntec too!! Yah, the sizes are really limited, only managed to get a top and a capri.. helped hubby saved $50+ becoz those are on 50% discount

catherine,
accident? hope all is well.
everyone say i look like 4 to 5 mth preg.
one of my friend said that the tummy i having at week 10 is when she is abt 7 mth preg.
sad.gif

abby,
my girl stop wearing diaper during the day when she is abt 3 year old. 6 mths ago, she herself tell us she dont need to wear diaper at night. and usually what she say herself she will do it. and voila, no accident night so far.

as for public toilet, my gal is very particular on the toilet, me too. so if those hawker center toilet, we will carry her to pee.
if shopping mall, not very dirty, i will use wet wipes to clean then clean with toilet paper then let her sit.
i also buy the disposible toilet seat for my gal in case where she really dun want to seat but need to pee or poo.
but usually my gal will choose to go for the squat toilet bowl. she prefer that cos she dun have to sit on the toilet bowl.

sally,
wow... hb so good pay for you, so far, my maternity clothing i pay myself. but this time round the offer at Spring quite good.
but limited sizes.

just now i bot one cullotes, tag put 50% but in the system is only 20% then the salesgirl took out her record book and say "oh this is the new pricing".
so i suppose, after a mth or weeks, they will further reduce the price.

i work in suntec so i will pop in as and when to see... hee..

Linda: cos I visited the pre schools n they always tell me all the kids are fully potty trained.

But I myself dun really force potty training cos I read when the child is ready.

Linda: Everything seems well except for very bad back pain & neck pain. did a ultrasound at Mt A, baby got heartbeat at 169. going for my next gynae appointment nxt tue for follow up.

I'm putting quite a bit of wt despite not eating well. Today, nauseous was gd on me, didnt approach me so I had really gd 3 meals. Sausage Mcgriddle for bfast, dimsum for lunch and Sausage mcmuffin for dinner. Just weigh myself, in a day i put on 600g hahaa..

I been thinking if my baby is doing good inside. Always waiting for the next check-up is like so long..
sad.gif
Always excited to see my baby movements..

I am exactly 14 weeks today! Hello 2nd trimester!

Forgot to take my vits for the past 4 days. Now I take vit C, multivits, omega 3 fish oil, calcium n folic acid. Bought on my own.

Hi mtb,

Anyone know if omega fish oil is ok to take? My gynae has advise me to stop taking till I'm breastfeeding.

He told me that it has no beneficial value to the baby.

Have been taking it regularly before preggy but now I have stopped and it feels weird on me

Hi, anyone knows how much does a confinement lady charge for 28d service?

Yasmin, For supplement, my gynae prescribed me multivitamin, fish oil and 2 glasses of milk (so I don't hv to take calcium).

Babylove2, i read from an article that we can't take normal fish oil. Hv to take those for pregnant and breastfeeding woman.

Yasmin: I'm prescribed fish oil, calcium and multivit. But I have not start taking them yet cause still feeling nauseous and scare I'll vomit them out.

prettymimieyes: I'm in week 13 and still feeling nauseous. My gynae say next appt at 16weeks can try to see gender, provided bb is cooperative.

babylove2: During my #1, my gynae told me normal fish oil and pregnancy fish oil are different. Their AHA and DHA levels are different. We should take pregnancy fish oil.

Little Fish: My confinement lady charge $2300.

morning everyone, my gynae prescribes multivits and fish oil from my 12th week. I never take any cos I have difficulty swallowing big pills. Its teh same for my #1, so I just try to eat more balanced meals after my MS ends. Now its better but my appetite is still not as great as before pregnancy.

Little Fish: My CL also charging $2,300. My #1's nanny introduced her sister to me to do confinement. She is from Tanjong Pinung and charges onyl liek $1.7K but I don't want cos I have no other point of reference and she doesn't come across to me as a neat and good CL, so I rather not risk it. Later not good btu cannot say.

Btw, anyone here not going for Oscar test? I am skipping that and wondering if I should go Camden Medical Centre for a 14 week genetic scanning which is supposed to be very detailed. But there's also the usual 20 week detailed scan that I am supposed to go for.

Gynae prescribed me fish oil, multivit, iron and calcium since week 8...I stopped taking milk coz it makes me feel bloated.

My #1 is c-section which is 5yrs ago... so my gyne told me now #2 must be c-section also... any mummies have the same condition as mine?

Hi Eunice, I am from the june forum and happen to pop in and read ur post.

In my opinion, I suggest u go for the camden medical one. I went for Oscar test and came back with very bad results. So i decided to seek 2nd opinion at camden medical. The scan is really very detailed indeed and the doc is very good.

The only thing is @ 14 weeks, its too early to see n measure the valves of the baby's heart. Thus still need to do a detailed scan at 20-22 weeks for that.

bluejoy, we having the same edd. but my gyane say i will deliver early. my no 1 was deliveried at 38w1d.

from the moment i see my gynae to cfm my preg, at 6 weeks, i was already prescribed with iron, calcium and folic acid.

at 11 weeks visit, he add on fish oil. but i haven started taking it yet.

my next visit will be on the 18th, that will be my 14w2d. doing detailed scan at gyane clinic itself an triple blood test.

JoJo, the 14th genetic scan is suposed to have mroe markers and very detailed. Whereas Oscar Tets is targeted at assesing risk for down syndrome.

Chevelle, tks for your feedback. Actually I got a little worried cos at my 12th week gynae visit, gynae commented the neck fluid at baby's neck is 2.5mm, borderline. I understand DS babies will have very thick neck fluid. He said at 20th week, I won't be able to tell cos the fluid would have been gone by then. But since we have no plans to abort whatsoever, so we won't go for Oscar. But I am tempted t try the genetic scan lor, but also scared that since there are so many markers, wait I get more unnecessary scares :p

Skyblue, my #1 was thru c Sect and she is 2 yrs old now. My gynae will allow VBAC (vaginal birth after c sect) but he will tell me of the risk upfront. Cannot induce and also there is a risk of previous wound rupture which could be life threatening for baby and mother.

Skyblue - to try VBAC, i understand that the baby must not be too big. I had emergency c-section for #1. To eliminate any risks for this pregnancy, i'll opt for c-section.

Juz came back from kkh, had sharp, persistent pains at tummy area & got worried. Doc said probably stomach virus, & uterus pulling, told me to take panadol & rest. Saw baby's heartbeat on the scan, at least hv peace of mind now.

I just went for a CVS last week due to our genetic history. Procedure went well, now is just the anxious waiting for the genetic results. So far only got know that the initial chromosomal results are normal and that I'm expecting a boy..

Another thing is that I'm putting on weight too fast! Already gained 3 kg, think I've been eating too much over the holidays.
sad.gif

Skyblue: I am trying for vbac (vaginal birth after c-section). Dr Paul Tseng is very recommended for it. But of course must see the circumstances at birth.

I just saw him. I lost 200g but baby is much larger than 4 weeks ago. The nurse asked me how many weeks. I said 14 weeks. She said my tummy so big. Saw baby waving at us!

Will see him 6 weeks later n do detailed scan on the same day.

When Dr Paul Tseng asked if we wanted to know the gender, my HB immediately said no. Our #1 was also kept secret till birth.

Skyblue, your CL charging you 2.4K is it cos she also needs to cook for your parents? I don't see why the house got more people then she should charge more. Anyway, if you want another option, I can give you the contact of my friend's CL who recently did for her. Not sure if she is available but my friend was very happy with her. Heard the CL even washed the bathrooms and cleaned the fans for her before she left.

Hpc123, this is her charge then said me if my no#1 needs her to take care... I said nope my mum can tk care... she comment my hse hv a lot of pple..

skyblue,
some CL charge according to
1) no of ppl in the house
2) any younger children
3) need to cook for the whole family
4) any maid at home

my CL is my BIL Godma friend. so charging us at a lower price. otherwise today's market price is ard 2.3k to 2.5k.

my 1st CL slept on the mattress on the floor. but my mattress was the spring thick kind lah.
maybe just notify the CL that you have no extrea bed, so she need to sleep on the mattress on the floor loh.

Hi Chinook.. congrats in finding out your baby gender! So exciting...

Do you want to provide me with the details of your gynae & your hospital so that I can update it in the list?

Hi Chinook.. I gained 2 kg from week 4 to week 8. So not to worry, you are not the only one.

Im currently in my week 12 and I havent weigh myself from week 8 till now... I should have put a few more kilos. Feel so fat now.

Hi Skyblue.. I bought a pair of leggings/tights from Mango previously.

Mango is having sales now, so you may get it at a discount.

me put on abt 1kg so far. at 12w5d.
appetite is better now but hope not to put on too much for this no 2.

everyone say i look that i bloated up. but i only put on 1 kg. sad... and my tummy look at i am at 5 or 6 mth preg. gosh!!

skyblue,
yup.. i give a bigger one when she first come then a smaller one on her last day.

cos they say give a bigger one on arrival is to make the CL happier then she will be happier to take care of the bb and cook for you.

for me, i first gave my first CL $28 as a start work welcome. Then when she left, I gave her $100.

Regarding weight gain- I have lost about 4-5 kg since I got pregnant cos of MS and I am now around 44kg. Appetite is coming back and I hope to eat more. Got a long list of things to whack, such as steamboat, chili crab etc..hahah

My friend gave her $68 las day $38.. CL face all "black"... then moreover she worked on 27 days.. cos need to rush to another hours.. but nv deduct her pay.

Skyblue, so $68 is too little for CL?

I am still trying to get my CL. Recommended by my gf but her number is M'sia number is constantly unavailable. Wonder if I should look for alternatives already.

Do you ladies need to pay deposit for your CL?

Back