(2013/07) July 2013

Mummies,
How many of you still having bad morning sickness? Mine seems to trigger off every evening time
sad.gif

It's so bad that I do not have appetite to eat. Prev only throw up at night, now even bfast and lunch also throw up. Sigh.. Though nto everything but still very xinku
sad.gif

Gynae has put me on Multi-V and calcium pills already. Previously just folic acid alone. Now must seperate timing to take the pills, very forgetful kept forgetting to take the calcium pills!!!

Orangey
i'm still having morning sickness. although not vomiting but i have nausea throughout the day. on real bad days will vomit, otherwise, will just feel xinku like u said
sad.gif
will also get gastric pain v often, after meals. i'm not sure if the gastric pain is part of the morning sickness package though.

going for oscar test on 21 jan, next doc visit on 13 feb.

Lina,
Yup, in 2nd trimester now
happy.gif

I think I ate too full during bfast and lunch thats why it triggered the vomiting. I'm trying to eat smaller meals now and I think it helps
happy.gif

This morning didn't puke out as much so was quite relieved and I ate quite heavy too! Gynae was telling me not to worry about the vomitting and baby not getting enough. Told me that baby will eat our reserves if we don't eat well. Told me that our babies are very clever, know where to get nutrients from us
happy.gif

Happy New Year to all the Mummies.

Orangey: I'm in my 12th weeks but I am also still feeling very nausea. Especially towards evening time, it gets worse and will vomit out. Me too also have no appetite, but for the sake of bb have to force myself to eat. I hope it will get better soon. Can't wait to enjoy my 2nd tri.

Has anyone start apply stretch mark cream? I sometimes feel my tummy itch and trying very hard not to go scratch it.

For my #1, I have been lazy with the stretch mark cream. Sometimes apply, sometimes don't. But lucky I don't have any stretch marks. If I don't apply for this time, will I still be lucky still?

jojo - stretch marks r our battle scars
happy.gif
heard it's genetic though. cream will ease the itch but will not help in preventing the marks (dunno how true though). my mom gave birth to 3 children and not much stretch marks on her. for my sis and myself, after our #1, no marks. my sis after #2, has some stretch marks.

i didn't apply for #1, prob not going to for this one either.

Orangey: Me! My #1 only stopped at 5months. So sianz... Everyday nauseous and giddy! :/

Jojo: I did not bother to apply although I bought the set.

Happy New Year to all,

me at 12 weeks today.
think nausea gg off, but nothing is for sure.
my sis vomited thro'out her 1st preg until birth. but her 2nd preg, only 1st tri.

me very hardworking applying the stretch mark cream for no 1. gynae also told me that its genatic. i dun have any stretch mark for my no 1. but cos everyday i apply my body cream i will continue with that and gg to buy the stretch mark cream to apply together with my body cream pretty soon.

My stretch marks only came out at 32 weeks when preggy with #1. At first so happy no stretch marks suddenly all came out together, itchy like mad. Looks like beer belly uncle scratching tbelly haha..

Hi Jo jo, I've been applying the anti-stretchmark oil for nearly a month. I've developed a stretchmark at my lower back before I even realized it. Since then I've been drowning myself in the oil. Ha ha.

I had very bad backache in the early weeks and the info I found out online is that the hormones are 'telling' the muscles at the hip and lower back to relax for expansion. I guess that's why my 1st stretchmark is at my lower back.

Hi Jojo, I find my tummy itchy as well! My friend suggested applying baby oil, cheap and good. She suggested breasts as well to reduce stretch marks too.

I have starting to have constipation, not going for bowel movement as often. Any suggestion??

Constipation can drink fresh juice, prune, drink more water..or u can inform your gyne theye can give medicine to soften your stools.

skyblue (skyblue_77): i just took 2 hrs time off from work for the OSCAR Scan.. Looks like i better take a whole day leave just in case right

Yup... there is another pregnant woman done twice...
For me maybe bb position difficult to measure...
Better take leave or u can ask MC from gyne.

Hi Skyblue, were you able to know the results immediately?

I think I will take MC for that day.

Hi Linda, I kinda dislike vege nowadays. Been drinking lotsa fruit juice to make up for that. Water is also quite bad tasting for me...the stools are generally soft but i just don't have the urge to exercise the bowels or it takes really long in toilet....

Ordolla, they can only tell you after the measurement is high or low risk however, still need to wait for blood test and will be more accurate... It takes about 2 weeks.

ordolla: Drink prune juice. Eat more veggies and fruit juice too.

Oscar Scan: I received a call from my gynae yesterday about my oscar. Haiz..the result is not good. Will be seeing her this Sat to discuss more about this. I'm so worried now.

ordolla,
i think constipation is part of pregancy. but since is not very hard kind. i suppose not that bad still.

jojo,
look on the positive side.

Usha: Think you can get MC for Oscar but I am clearing 1 week of my maternity leave and to rest.

Ordolla: The longest I nv poo is 11 days for my #1, so far this pregnancy longest is 9 days.

Jojo: Dont be over worried although it is tough to say so. Pray hard!

Zo: I'll go for the MC then. At least i can go back home and rest if i get to finish early..

JoJo: I feel you. Don't b so worried. Fingers crossed and keeping you in my prayers..

Hi mummies, a tip for the Oscar scan. Don't empty your bladder before the scan. I drank a glass of water an hour before my appointment and hold it till the scan.

Hi Shan, I heard from my gynae the same as what Lina shared as well. Some parents have decided to keep the baby regardless so they don't see a point in doing so. It's quite costly as well.

Hi usha, 2hrs off is not enough. My Gynae's missy told me that if Bsby is cooperative, can be done in 5 mins. If not cooperative, can be 5hrs. I took a day leave for my Oscar test on 15th jan.

Hi littlefish, thanks for the tip! I shall do that too.

Who was it who asked me about Lorna Whiston?

I dun think I will be sending my daughter there because it's quite inconvenient for me and expensive, especially when I give birth and after. To retain a slot that the child has enrolled into parents must still pay for the month the child does not attend for the month. If not the child must give up the slot n
re enrol n might have to be on waiting list. Plus I dun find their meal menu healthy.

To me that's just wasting $. I might not send my daughter to school the month I give birth.

Lorna Whiston is a branded school, therefore the high pricing.

N parents cannot withdraw their child in the month of June, Nov & Dec.

I prefer a school that is more understanding n flexible, have a healthier meal menu. Multi cultural (beyond Chinese, Malays, Indians).

Branding is not always best.

But I guess most schools that I have found are not flexible with regards to fees as they want to make $. n their pricing so exorbitant. Really ketok the parents...

Jojo: the age range is just to gauge the higher risk group. But younger women do have children having down syndrome.

But I think it's better to listen to what the doc has to say first than to keep thinking the worse.

In London when I was hospitalized at around 7 weeks of pregnancy, the ultrasound could not detect my baby. Then ask me to see gynae n check again to see if pregnancy is viable.

Now I am thinking I was so dehydrated and just emptied my bladder when they suddenly came to take me for ultrasound w/o warning.

I juz done my Oscar on wed & it was sooo pack at TMC! Anyway I think how long it takes depends on ur baby's position. My scan only took less than 15 mins as d baby was in a good position & did not move when taking those necessary measurements. Only when nearing the end then started swimming ard & turning a full circle...haha

Nw waiting for d blood test results...

My Oscar well pretty smooth too. Before your turn, go take a short walk and don't empty your bladder so that you can have a clearer view of the bb. If we are lucky, the gynae also able to tell the gender.

oscar test: my no 1 was a brief one. very co-operative and i know the gender ard 16 weeks.
gg for my oscar and blood test on 19th jan.
by then shd be 14 weeks, will see if i am lucky enuf to know the gender.

skyblue, me this mth will be 36 yo, so i am also very scare of the result. praying for the best.

Hi Raywen.. wow, can see that the baby was swimming?

This is my number 1, and reading the comments from you.. Im very excited to know what Im going to see when Im going for my Oscar in 2 week's time.

Sapphire05: yup the baby was kicking and waving the hand at one point...haha..den turning around as there is still a lot of room for movement...

i did mine at 13wks so can see a lot of things as compare to my previous pregs where i only do the normal scan and at 12 wks...

am 12w2d today.
went to Spring Matrnity to buy 2 bottom.
they having sales at Suntec brunch. not sure abt other brunch. bot 1 skirt for only $15 and 1 skirt like pants for $30.

mummies if need to can go down see. they say the sales is on gg but sizes might be limited.

Ooh, I need to buy pants. I think my belly larger than my near to 14 weeks gestation supposed size. It's the biggest part of my whole body...

Haha! Pple think I am 5-6 mths pregnant. Sometimes certain parts of my uterus feels very hard n got movement. But I read that baby's movements can only be felt from 18 weeks onwards...

Back