(2013/07) July 2013

Serene- gd to be a young mummy, easier to slim dw & recover faster. More energy to look after the young kids too. I had my #1 when I was 21 yrs old. I'm 28 now, expecting my #3.
happy.gif

wow, so many young mummies here.
i feel so so old.
i had my no 1 at 30 yo and now the 2nd one i am 36. they ar 6 year apart.

babystella,
i married at the age of 29. din really enjoy life lah.
we actually decided to stop at 1. that's y so late then have no 2.

berries,
thanks.
but i am happy and blessed that i can conceived quite fast after so long. and bb growing healthy is my priority.
happy.gif

wah i feel old too ~
Had my first boy before 30...
I can feel the difference between the first and this second pregnancy - four years apart..
Really good to have kids before 30.

But of cos most impt is bb growing healthy, and we all have a smooth delivery :D

thanks berries ~ was hoping for a girl, but nm, boy just as well too, my boy got company
happy.gif

Linda, don't worry, I'm old also haha... I'm also expecting my second one when all along I thought I wanted just one.. Just curious, what made you change your mind?

No prob, ladies!
happy.gif

Orangey: Can you add me to the fb group too? I pm you my email add?

Wow! So many young mummies here. I had my #1 at 29. got married at 26. Hmm. I did wish sometimes we had decided to try for kids earlier.

Ladies, talk about being old. I had my #1 at 33, now i'm 37
happy.gif

Wanted to stop at 1, had n unpleasant delivery experience as well, then bad post natal blues.
Hubby & i decided 2 go 4 #2, main reason is companionship 4 my boy. Afraid in future if anything happens 2 us, he really has 2 shoulder everything alone. Another reason, we 1 2 try 4 a girl
happy.gif

Mummies and mummies-to-be, when having your #1, have your tummy grow big? And at which week did ur tummy start growing big?

Cause I'm quite worried see-ing my tummy still small and can't feel baby's movement as of now.
Now I'm at week 17

Lina,
I have the same reasons as you. We left it to God and He blessed us with one more... I feel I'm so much more tired for this pregnancy... V siong...

For me, I have scary pregnancies. So v scared of getting pregnant. Not to mention horrible confinement. I only had blues when I bf. when I decided to stop, a great burden was lifted.

Serene, don't worry abt small bump.. Did u see Kate Middleton? She's abt e same as u and v small too..for me, I'm also quite small in e morning, but I bloat then become v big. I'm abt week 17 also and felt movements but maybe cos this is my second preg...

serene: update us on whats there at baby fair! i won't be able to go. I think for #1, we won't be able to feel the movements so soon, as compared to #2.

Am i like one of the earliest? Im in my 20 going on to 21 weeks liao !

Littletwinstars: every morning wake up I will look into the mirror to see if my bump did grow big, I will also take photo. After I eat, my tummy will become big too. Thanks babe. Maybe I'm thinking too much. As long as baby is healthy and growing is the most impt.

Blessedmum: wow! You're really very young! Sure! Will update u all. Gonna meet my pri sch mate and feel her baby bump! She's giving birth this may.

berries,
ya... healthy more impt than gender. totally agree with you.

little twin star,
an incident happen that strike us to have another one. also my gal suddenly come to us and sadly told us that most of her gal classmates and my sisters all have mei mei or di di to play with them. only she dun have. then she started to cry.
our reason that we decided to stop at one at first was because no one to help take care of the child and financially also quite tight and further more hb working shift work. but recently change job scope to office hour.

my tummy for my no 1 grow fast and by 3rd mth, i have to wear maternity wear leow. and cannot hid. tummy so big that i walk like a pengiun.
so need not mention my no 2. now at week 19, i look like i am in my last tri gg to give birth leow.
everyone that sees me and coll who see me everyday say my tummy is so big. but luck, so far put on abt 4kg. hope to keep my wt between 10kg to max 12kg at birth. hee

those who are going to baby fair later, what time u all going? hmm.. i going after work at 6pm.. hopefully got things to buy.

Do update good deals if u go early
happy.gif

Catherine: I'm on my way there now. Super far. From one end to the other. My friend is there alrdy. She say the queue and crowd is crazy. So be prepared if u are going after work.

Serene- I'm going to the fair too. On my way now.
happy.gif
I think what blessesmum meant was she is currently 20weeks going to 21weeks soon, not her age.
happy.gif

cottagefry: haha yes, thats what i meant.. Im already 34..

Im not going to the fair this time. NATAS is also held there.. its going to be real crazy over the weekend! Got friends to update lol

Abby,
Yeah throat is feeling the pain now. Fever went off and not feeling cold now. Gonna see GP later.

Wah really alot of young mummies. Me got married 24, gave birth to #1 at 27 and when #2 arrives, i'll be approaching the big 3!!!

My new pink sofa came today! Finally got something comfy to sit on while watching tv.

Not sure if going to Babycare Festival cos the most will only get diapers.

Anyone knows the deals on diapers over at Babycare Festival?

Hi mummies

I join this thread late. So many posts already. I dot think I can read back all. Little but of introduction: I am having my no. 3 soon. Right now taking care of my kids full time.

May you add me to Facebook? Thanks!

serene: don't worry. My tummy was small when I had my #1 too. Esp during the first 2 trimesters. my bb was 3.2kg at birth. I think it's an ok, average size. I gained 14kg though.

This one, the tummy's bigger but my doc said tt coz my skin was stretched before. It's now looser, so the tummy look bigger. bb is still abt the same size. Don't worry abt your tummy size. As long as bb is growing well, the tummy size is not always an accurate measurement of bb's size/weight. tt's wat I gather from my doc.

Enjoy the bb fair tmr, ladies who are going! So glad the weekend is here!

Hi ladies, anyone going to sign up with stemcord or cordlife?

Heard for TMC FBI card, there's discount if you sign with cordlife.

Happy weekend! Cheers!

I just signed up with cordlife at the baby fair. The crowd there was manageable. Not v sure abt diapers promo. Will only stock up during June's baby fair. Now still abit too early.
happy.gif

I need to buy S size diapers for #2.

My daughter used abt 7 packets b4 she upgraded to M size. I didn't buy newborn as my daughter's birth weight was 3.69kg. I have lots of M size diapers leftover.

Cottagefry: frm ur experience, do you think Babycare Festival or Motherhood has better promo for diapers?

Abby, I feel abt the same for diaper promo at most of the fairs. I prefer using many poko. Yes, huggies is not gd will cause leakage.

Hi mummies and mummies-to-be,

I went to the baby fair just now. It was quite crowded and very difficult to find parking.

My husband and I only went away with the Phillips Avent Steriliser bundle for $199. Not sure if that's the best value for money... Maybe we should have opted for the Medela or Pigeon one instead.

Actually, I must admit that we're really quite relaxed, haven't started doing research for what to buy for what to do. So when we got to the baby fair, we were very very confused. So many types of diapers, strollers, clothes and accessories to choose from. Soooooo many choices!

Any recommendations for good baby fair buys from experienced mummies out there? Would appreeciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance! ;)

hi mummies
i have asked around about breastpump.
alot experienced mummies don't recommend medela freestyle. they recommend medela pump in style advanced as the suction is much better than freestyle.
so far those mummies said dual pump is better than single.

I was at the fair yesterday. The lady was sharing that the swing has double one. It costs $500 plus.

Pump in style advance is e one with machine in a black bag?

Hi mummies have the follow to give away/ sell
1)Loose maternity pad ( give away)
2) GNC Fenugreek ( taken abt 5, left 95 pcs) @ $15
3) Similac Mum 4 tins @ $45
Self collect at Bedok or at my convenience.
What'sapp me at 96776076

I need a double stroller as I will have newborn soon with a 1 year old. Any brand to recommend and is it selling in the fair? How much? Thanks.

I went to the fair too.

Do we need to get the Pump before birth or it's ok to get it after delivery? What if i buy the pump and I have no milk for bf?

Didn't expect the pumps to be so ex...

Will there be another bb fair coming ? Now seems a little too early to buy?

Back