(2013/07) July 2013

catherine,
my gal name start with "I", so we gave a few name for her to choose starting with "I" too.
and my gal had decided to name her brother "Isaiah".

Catherine,
Already have a name set for boy and girl. Hehe..
If boy, it will begins with J which is the same as my hubby and son. If girl, it will begins with M, which is the same as mine
happy.gif

hehe.. my son is Leo, so my baby gal will be Leia. all starts with L. hehe.. makes me think of Princess Leia from star wars. hehe...

Dear all,

I delievered my baby on Jan 2013 and I had stop breastfeeding due to low supply and due to busy with my #1. I would like to selling away following items. All my breast pump was pretty new as i hardly use it. Please pm me here or call me at 93622319 if you are interested. Thanks

1)Ameda Lactaline Dual Breast Pump (with warranty)
2)Pumpin pal set included:
Premium Breast Pumping Flanges (super shields -M size)
Hand-free Breast Pumping Strap
Air Dry Accessory Bag
3)Avent Manual Breast Pump - SCF 330 (with warranty)
4)Avent Per-sterilized Cup 5pcs & Cup Cover 5pcs (brand new)
5)Avent Ultra Comforatable Breast Shells (hardly use)
6)Pigeon Sillicon Nipple (brand new)
7)Lansinoh 25 pcs milk storage bags (Brand New)
8)Sacred Tea for Nursing Mother 1pack (brand new)
9)Lemongrass Confinement Shower Gel 1lite (brand new)
10) RPR Dry Shampoo Powder Spray (brand new)
11) Pureen Sterilising Tablets 56 (brand new)

Abby: oh dear! I hope your girl's fever has gone down by now! I know how you must be feeling! Fever is the worst! Please take care too yah, mummy!

Catherine: I hope to have 'th' in the names of my kids. My girl's name is Kathleen. If bb #2 is a girl, she'll be Mathilda or Edith. If it's a boy, he'll be Gareth or Kenneth. I don't know why the obsession with 'th'. But it sure started somewhere from 'Kathleen'.
happy.gif

Orangey: That was what some frds of mine did too. Wanted to do so initially but my hb's name starts with 'Z', can't think of any boys' names with 'Z' 'cept Zachary and Zacheus which I'm not exactly crazy about.

hi ladies!!

abby : hope ur gal get well soon... i most fear wen kids having fever.. try to sponge her and let her have enuff water intake..

belladee : names start with Z very limited.. difficult task!! u can try this two which i find it nice...
happy.gif

Zander ( similar to Xander )
Zacarias

most mummies here knw the gender of the bb le?
coz nv get to see the updating table with updates of gender...

orangery you updating it soon?

Hello! Im having my #1 and this is my first post. Haven decide where to deliver my baby.

Why is TMC not good now?
Anyone have the pricing guide for mount Alvernia and TMC?

Belladee: my gynae also dr Lawrence ang!

Hi mummies,

Pls strictly avoid palmers coco butter cream. Just consulted my gynae today and he say most of his patients using that has this problem.
He ever wrote to HSA but its not medical product so they can't do much.

And we just got to know our bb gender today. Expecting a boy!

Belladee & Berries: thanks! Yup I hoping her fever will disappear cos today is the 6th day. I have been measuring her temp regularly, feeding her meds, tepid sponging, cooling pad.

I give her lots of water n cold barley that I boiled n put in the fridge. Feeling quite tired.

Got to see bb again yest after 6 weeks of waiting! Technician said bb is chubby at cheeks n waistline, long legs. Very relaxed lying on placenta n at times hands behind head.

The technician even showed my daughter her scan photo when she was in my womb.
happy.gif
it shows my daughter always facing her butt at us inside the womb.

But bb#2 is not shy, with gd side profile scan. We were given a foot sticking out since we decided not to know the gender.

We have finally really decided to give birth at Mount Alvernia yest. Managed to see a standard single rm while the cleaners were cleaning. Asked the nurse for confinement menu to look. Saw the nursery with the foc bath tub n Huggies diapers below the cot. The nurse smiled at us n my daughter as we looked at the babies.

The ladies at the patient liason centre were friendly n had gd customer service. One of them even made a balloon into a shape of a flower for my daughter.

No harm trying a diff hospital to give birth, for a diff birth experience n since lots of mummies recommend it instead of TMC.

Babylove2: I din know that abt Palmers Cocoa butter n I use it for both my pregnancies, though pregnancy #2 I am using the certified organic cocoa butter version.

N yest while my daughter was feeling better when her fever wasn't high for the moment, she put the cocoa butter on me n helped her father as he massaged me.

Morning mummies!
Went for my 20w scan yesterday
happy.gif
Everything is good and Sonographer has confirmed baby to be a girl! Hubby was so happy that he "yahoo" so loud over the phone and said he was so sad he can't join in the scan cause of the weird timing (4pm) and he had an urgent meeting to attend to. We have a complete package now cause #1 is a boy.

But am feeling very guilty because I'm hoping for a boy again haha.. Maybe because my mum made me stress since she kept emphasizing about the cleaning up of the private part for girls. For boys, nothing much particular when coming to cleaning private part, but still am really happy that baby is healthy. I can now start to prepare on how to doll up my girl! :D Have been telling baby that mummy is sorry for hoping that she is a boy but I'll make sure that thought will be washed away. Heee..

Berries: thks, berries! Hmm. Zander is nice! But I think for now, we'll stick to the 'th' in the name thing coz my eldest already has the 'th' in the name. So, her sibling(s) will follow suit. Hoping to have 3 kids.

Serene: gd choice! I like dr Lawrence Ang. He's very experienced. And I like tt he's quite funny in a goofy way.

Abby: hang in there, mummy!!

Congrats, orangey n babylove2. I'm not finding out my bb's gender till he/she arrives. Like Abby.

Babylove2: you'll have lotsa fun dolling up your lil girl! I can't stop buying clothes and dressing up my lil babe.
happy.gif

abby : Mt A is good!! i deliver my #1 there.. had a great experience there.. u will luv ur choices made..
happy.gif

orangey : nice!!! i waiting for my detailed scan next tues.. thou gynae already told me mine is 99% gal.. but still wan a confirmation after the detailed scan.. im happy with #2 is a gal.. coz my #1 is a boy.. then probably i can close shop liao.. ^^

belladee : hee!! u're most welcome!!
i knw wat u mean.. i also sticking to name start with D coz my #1 name start with D.. so i can understand why u wanna stick to the 'th' thing..
happy.gif

Serene: missed out your question. Hmm. for me, I wld also like to have a diff delivery experience. Was at tmc the last time, so I hope to head to mt a this time. Plus I feel better when I was there. The staff were friendly..plus the place is more spacious. Also, I don't quite like the lactation services provided by tmc. don't like this particular mrs Wong there. Had a bad experience with bf-ing the last time with my #1 and I thought they were not as helpful as I had wished. But then again, I think it's oso coz diff ppl, diff experiences. tmc is not a bad choice. Just that I would prefer mt a this time round.

abby,
hang on there...your gal will be fine. my gal had a 2 weeks fever on and off last year. very tiring for me, have to take care of her at night and work in the day. hb and myself took turns to be on leave to take care of her cos she cant go to ccc.

belladee,
my nephew and my friend son name is Zander.

mummies having gals, happy shopping and spending money on gals clothing. hee...
lots of cute and beautiful gals clothing that you cant resist.
i buy and buy when i expecting my no 1. hee...
no 2 is a boy, till now din buy a single thing yet... opps...
m
me confirmed close shop. gg to put the iud after my delivery.
happy.gif

Orangey: Dun worry abt cleaning ur girl's private area, it's not that difficult really. Even my HB who was a first time dad n did not know anything n had to ask the nurse how to carry our daughter while I was still in op theatre could do.

N abt the gender I used to hope to have a boy for bb#1 but my priority was that bb was healthy & strong first & foremost. My HB wanted a girl. But I feel very blessed & thankful to have my daughter.

orangey,
yup, agree with abby, its not difficult with cleaning the gals.

abby, i have the same thinking as you.
always thinking no 1 is a boy is good. but i have a healthy, understanding and sensible gal which make me hope for a gal for my no 2 too..
but cos my family line all girls and my hb side also gals, my this boy made a "history" to both side family line. but most impt is bb healthy.

Berries: yup I feel I will have a gd experience delivering at Mt A!

Linda: Wow your girl had 2 weeks of fever! That's a very long time. What was the cause if the fever?

Mummies having girls: girl's clothing is so much more attractive than boy's. Whenever I see boy's section I am
disappointed...haha! My daughter's collection started after she turned 1yr+. She is using my old wardrobe n her wardrobe takes up all the space!

Linda: yup mayb I hoped the boy will be eldest cos I never had an older bro, only younger. N I thought it would be nice so he can protect his younger sister. Haha!

My HB side alot of boys so I thought chances are bb#1 would be a boy n inside the womb bb#1 was so active!

My daughter is very loving, generous, helpful & funny. Quite intelligent too. Yest she still can ask me if I needed help hanging out the laundry. So I let her help me. It's gd that children take part in home activities.

abby,
doc say is viral fever.
was given antibiotic then it slowly subside.

my gal also lots of clothings.
but cos i have so many nieces in the family of different age, i pass those clothing that my gal cant wear to my nieces, some are brand new and some just wore a few times as good as new some more. gals clothing are just so pretty and you cant resist not to buy. hee...

abby, ya... gals shd learn to help out.
my gal fold colthing for me and help me clean her own play mat. she helps me when i cooking also. hee...

Linda: Both docs we brought her to says viral. But they say antibiotics doesn't help in viral cases hence never give. Body will build up resistance by itself. Taking antibiotics too often makes the bOdy resistant to the antibiotics in the end antibiotics will be ineffective.

As for helping out in the house, I dun think only applies to girls. When I have a son, he also must help out n learn.

My relatives keep saying 2 children enuf already, max 3 cos now so exp n crowded...

Thanks belladee. I still haven decide where to give birth to my little baby. Seen Dr on 6feb and he said mostly is a girl but to be confirmed when it's 5months. So i guess my next appt 13mar when i do my detailed scan, they will be able to confirm the gender.

Can't wait to see my baby again!!

Congrats to those who have a complete package and able to close shop:)

babystella: when is your next appt with dr lawrence ang? mine is 13mar

Linda: lucky you! You have one of each. after team pink, it's now team blue!

Abby: agree! 3 is prob a lot less manageable with 2. the physical and financial strain. sigh. I'm already so tired with my one and only child.

Serene: you'll have lotsa fun dressing your lil girl! I love taking outfit pics of my girl. Haha. I'm quite the vain pot too. can share some good shopping websites with you if you are interested. I buy more for her than for myself!

Belladee: Sure! I love those little outfits. THEY ARE SO CUTE!! Do share some good shopping websites with me(:)

babystella: one month once is not enough! haha. i still have to wait 3weeks more for detailed scan + dr ang. =(

Belladee: can share gd shopping websites with me too? Me too, I shop mostly for my daughter. I seldom shop.

Wonder if bb#2 is team blue or pink. I bought gender neutral colors for when they r infants. Then can reuse, haha!

Wonder how families used to cope with many children. Now got a tv show that features large families. Got 1 with 8 children!

belladee : share the webby with me too!! im a shopaholic... imagine my #1 is a boy i can shop till siao already.. cant imagine how i shop for bb gal... ^^

abby : same here... my parents and relatives also say i can close shop liao after this #2.. 2 is enuff.. coz spore too ex for more than 2 kids..

babystella : me too!! counting dwn everyday.. cant wait for the pop day!! and enjoy the long maternity leave again!!!

Thanks Linda and Abby
happy.gif

Yeah, hubby is really happy cause he's been wanting a girl. Even when preggy with #1, he thought of baby girl names first before having to crack for boys. He said, girls = Daddy's girl while boys = Mummy's boy. Pretty true in my aspect cause my boy will pick me first vs daddy haha..

And agree with clothing for girls! I never have problems buying any clothing for my nieces but when it comes to getting nicer tops/bottoms for my son, I really wanna cry. Usually has to opt for oversea brands but still, the designs are "oh-the-same" kinds :p

And a good thing that hubby mention, now that #2 is a girl, my boy shouldn't be worried that his car collections will be shared but I was telling hubby, my 2 nieces love playing cars with my boy! Hahaha...

Orangey: my daughter stick to me rather than my HB. Bb#1 we could only come up with girl's name. Bb#2 now we only have boy's name.

My daughter's name start with 'A' like me. So boy will start with 'J' cos my HB says my daughter already start with 'A' like me.

But ultimately we must like the name. So I guess if we have bb#3 next time, then see how.

My daughter play with boy & girl type of toys. It's better not to stereotype each gender as they grow. I also dun see anything wrong if bb boy wear pink polo t-shirt or shirt. Girls wear blue clothes too.

Serene, Abby and Berries: my pleasure! I like pupsikstudio.com but they hardly update the clothes selection these days.

I created another fb account under a diff name to online shop. Added quite a number of fb sellers. Some of the sellers I buy from: little clover, mumbabykids carol, mumbaby nest, le petite angels, little wardrobe singapore, little bigs closet and mumstylekidz. Very friendly sellers. Oh yah. littlegemsinc.com has quite a lot of authentic branded children's clothes like Ralph Lauren, Zara at super discounted prices. All thanks to the seller's lobang.

Hehe. I agree! Little kids can wear any colour and still look good!

Btw ladies, when did you start to feel your bb move? With #1, I felt fluttery movements inside me as early as 16 weeks. This one, I'm already 18 weeks but still can't feel any movement inside. Hmm.

Belladee: For bb#2 I felt some movement as early as 14 weeks. It wasn't so often n obvious as the past 1-2 weeks though. Now currently 20wk3days.

For bb#1: I can't remember when I first felt movements...

hi ladies
talking about shopping, i've also started buying some white rompers, yellow clothing etc. can't wait for 20w scan on 12 mar to know the gender, then can start shopping spree
happy.gif

my #1 boy also wear "girl" colours like red and pink. now mostly t-shirts, though he had pink overalls when he was much younger.
girls' clothing really so much more variety and cuter that they r irrestible (esp tiny dresses). salivating when i was surfing the other day.

dun think i have felt this baby's movement yet.

Thanks belladee for sharing:) shall go take a look later in the night.

So far I'm at week 17, still cant feel baby's movement neither is my tummy big. But of cos there's little tummy already.

Can't wait to feel baby's movement!

Anyway, do any of you have baby checklist of things needed for #1?

Most of you have booked CL already?

thanks belladee!!! i shop in pupsikstudio too.. i bought the carrier and the nursing items there wen i have my #1.. and they courier the items real fast too!

i can feel stronger movements since last week..sometimes wen i couch on the sofa.. i can see my bump moving.. tink having #2, mummy can feel the bb movements much earlier ba..

serene : u are firs time mum? coz wen i have my #1 i cannot feel any movements till wen im ard 24weeks onwards...

serene: threw away the checklist that i had for my #1. taka and perhaps og will have the checklist so u might want to check if u happen to shop there.

yup, already booked CL, through agency.

hi ladies, had my detailed scan last week. Baby is fine, and all healthy! Expecting a boy :D . Been feeling baby movements more often nowadays.. really v active think cos its #2

Serene: welcome ~

who's in charge of FB group? So far i haven't been added in. Anyone can help?

Blessedmum,
Sally is in charge of FB group.
Alternatively, pM me your email, let me try if you can be added to the group.

Mummies,
Having a feeling that I'm gonna fall sick. Suddenly has this cold shiver kind feeling and now putting on 2 cardigans
sad.gif
Feeling warm too but later on I got a meeting to attend. Sigh.. Hopefully its just me being tired and not getting sick!

Dear mummies,

I'm from Jan 13 MTB forum group. I have an extra bottle of Clarins stretch mark oil - Huile Tonic Body Treatment Oil 100ml, retailing at $78. It is brand new in box, not opened before and purchased in late 2012. My hubby bought an excess bottle and hence unused. Am looking to sell it at $65. Self collect in Tampines hdb or Tanjong pagar mrt. Please PM me if you are interested.

serene : i see!! being young mummy is good!! wen i have my #1, 3 yrs back, i was only 25.. and i realise recovery is slightly faster and not so tired too..

blessedmum : congrats on ur baby prince!! i'm counting dwn for my detailed scan on 26th feb.. excited!!

orangey : ur symptoms sounds like u gg to have fever.. do drink more water..

Berries: I had my #1 when I was 24+. Months b4 my 25th bday. Hee hee...

Actually I wanted #2 to come last yr so will be 3 yr gap but now will be 4yr+ gap. Nvm we are still glad bb is here!
happy.gif

Orangey: do u have sore throat? Normally I will gurgle with antibacterial mouthwash, pop in 2 panadols n take more Vit C. Drink plenty of water.

Back