(2013/06) June 2013

KIS> ya i was pretty surprised that BB is engaged... hmm her kicks are getting stronger...and with jabs... i might be gg off early to rest during W37...hahaa

KIS, thanks for sharing your experience. Did you get an episiotomy when you delivered your #1, or was it natural tear? How was recovery like?

Question... Would we know if there's dilation in the cervix or baby's head has engaged? Or only possible to know when checked/scanned?

Hi

I am a Dec 2012 mummy. I have bought too many packs of disposable breastpads from Pigeon. I am letting go cheap at S$10 each.

Please pm me if you are interested

birdbird> the baby head can only be told via scan. Like on monday when doctor scanned my tum tum, he say "there you go, BB head is engaged"...

so i might end up giving birth anytime after mid-May...zzzzz

ST> i tink hospital bag must have the admission letter from hospital, toiletries, a change of our clothes with underwear, BB clothes. If hubby stay over, ask him to dump a set of his clothes as well. Also towels/face towels...

Bird bird,

I have episitiomy n have natural tear..v bad..I sit on float n walk with leg apart..it takes abt 2 weeks to heal..

E first poo is painful..I dun dare to push scare e stitch tear..I poo at the 7th day after delivery..

E Gynae will put their whole hand into ur vagina to check how much ur cervix has dilated..it is very painful for mi..I have fear now..

Hello mummies,

I have a question to ask.. How do I know if my waterbag is leaking? My panties seems to be a little wet but I am not sure if it's leakage from my waterbag or just vaginal discharge.

Hope4baby, I'm seeing dr Goh Shen Li from KKH. She's very pretty and patient as I always go in to her clinic with a long list of questions and she tries her best to answer all my questions.

ST, have you started packing? I have not but do have a rough idea of what to pack.. Only scared I over pack for a 2 nite stay in the hospital (vaginal birth).

Any mummies wanna share what you have packed so far for yourself and newborn?

Dear mummies, may I ask another question?

Are you experiencing pain in your lower back that is radiating to your hip and legs? I'm started to have this problem.. But according to my Gynae, baby is average in his growth chart and not too big for his weight.

Evey> as i grow big (now i am W33), i do have pain at hips, legs...BB also average size...

i packing a bit here and there, like a set of bb clothes for gg home, toiletries...

Think I am more kiasu. I have already finish packing my hospital bag except the clothes to wear at hospital.

Hope i did not left out anything.

For baby, this is what I have packed.
<table border=1><tr><td>Things to bring to hospital (For Baby)</TD><TD></TD><TD>Qty</TD><TD>Tick </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Romper</TD><TD>1</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Mitten &amp; Bootie</TD><TD>1 set</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Receiving Blanket</TD><TD>1</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Cap (opt)</TD><TD>1</td></tr></table>

and for myself
<table border=1><tr><td>Things to bring to hospital</TD><TD></TD><TD>Qty </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Front Opening Button Clothes</TD><TD>4 </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Discharge clothes (Ownself)</TD><TD>1 set </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Body Towel (Wipe body)</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Facial wash etc</TD><TD>1 set </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Ipad </TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Ipad Charger with cable</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Maternity Bras</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Sweater / Scarf</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Handphone</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Handphone cable</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Comb</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Disposable Underwear</TD><TD>5 </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Sanitary pads (Extra Long)</TD><TD>5 </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Camera / Video Cam</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>Camera cable</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Small Flask with some water</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Straws</TD><TD>3 </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Sock</TD><TD>1 pair </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Toothbrush &amp; toothpaste</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>Handkerchief (To wipe face)</TD><TD>1</td></tr></table>

Wow Kome, u r really ready! I just assemble the things aside but yet to pack into the bag.. I think we need to start.. In case of any emergency...

Hope4baby, I think u can't receive private message. Anyway, Dr Goh shld be around as I'm delivering in 1st to 3rd week of June! Ha ha ha.. She promised me to be there.. But on the
other hand, if ur baby comes very quickly out (eg 2 child), no one may not be able to arrive as soon to help u deliver. But I've read reviews that she is very neat with her sewing skills if u needed episiotomy. Most imptly, mummy must know how to control ur breathing, relax and follow instructions of ur gynae in order not to tear urself badly!

Every
I just packed when I remembered. Getting more and more tired and still need to look after 2 naughty mischievous boys, so better packed first just in case.

can try checkout OG baby fair. They are selling Medela breast pump quite cheap I think
happy.gif

http://www.og.com.sg/weeklyHighlight_130411.html

Hallo...

Anyone is thinking to sign up for cordlife?

Cordlife is having promotion now. Do let me know if you want to sign up and I can be your referral as I have signed up with them. Each of us will get $150 shopping voucher.

You can email me at [email protected] if you are interested :)

Hi mummies!

Actually, I'm a May mummy. Just want to know what is the promotion for Cordlife? Which is better, Cordlife or Stemcord? Is it too late for me to sign up? Thanks!

Hi mummies,

Just want to recommend My CL Mdm Yu Qing is available from now onwards.

She cooks fast and can prepare good confinement foods.
She can take care well on baby. Ex: very seldom see baby crying while going for bath/ comfort baby well crying...
Do basic housework such as sweep/ mop floor, wash clothing...
She speak Mandarin &amp; Hokkien.

You may contact @ 8198 9088 for further enquiries.

Hi mummies

Sorry to disturb.

I have few items to let go, wondering if anyone will be interested?

Quinny Buzz stroller in red and orange color, condition 9/10, selling at $450.

Graco playpen, condition 9/10, selling $100.

Breast feeding pillow, used twice only, selling at $20. The cover is washable.

Stroller and playpen are used less than a year, please PM me for pics if interested, tks

Hi

Experience Mummies with confinement ladies, I have a question.

In your first month when you need to nurse overnight, do you sleep in same room as your confinement lady &amp; baby? Or do you wake up every 2hrs to go the room and feed the baby?

Alison
I am thinking of sleeping with my CL also. Coz more easier for me to nurse my baby.

Chewie
I have received my carters items. Thanks

Hi ladies,

I am due in early June. had overload myself with Avent 260ml milk bottles. Letting go a pkt of brand new avent classic milk bottles (3bottles) @$30. Pls pm me. thank you.

Hi, I m inviting my CL for my son's first birthday this Saturday. PM me if you want to meet up for an interview.
Not getting any commission jus want to share her good service to everyone
happy.gif

Hello all!

I'm new to this forum! My edd is on 26/6 but gynae said I might be due in may..cos baby boy is too active to come out!

Hope to gain valuable experience from all the mummies here!

Just a question, any mummies given birth at mount a single room recently? Im gg for c sec with ga cos of my back prob I'm unable to opt for epidural..

Just want to know roughly after cpf, what are the amount payable?

Based on my calculation and information given by the nurse during the maternity tour, I shld come out with only $2.8k plus! So am trying to see if its correct!

Package-c sec with ga: $4054.23
Gynae fees: $1700
GA: $500
PD: $500
Total: $6754.23
CPF claim: $3950
Payable in cash: $2804.23

Is this calculation correct?

Hi Katherine, welcome!

Wow your gynae predicts your baby to arrive almost a month ahead! Didn't know that active baby means earlier arrival... My EDD is 10th June, may opt for csection too as advised. But I'm trying to 'hold' the baby inside until 39th week - hope that's possible!

My gynae did mention that first baby 'not so fast'. Fingers crossed!

Your gynae's charges seem very reasonable. My gynae fee for csection is 2.5-3k!

Kate you forgot to include surgical/medical supplies and equipment, lab charges, pharmacy, etc. these things are not included in packages normally and may come up to 1.5-2k.

This is with reference to my friend's bill, and hers is normal delivery with epidural.

Oh and lodger fee if you plan to have your hubby room in with you. That should be about $80-90 per night? Correct me if I'm wrong!

Bird bird: but the nurses advise me the package alr inclusive of all the operation theatre Chrgs, nurses Chrgs and nursery chrg..the only charge excluding is the pd chrg, gynae chrg and GA chrg..! so she told me those amount is roughly there!

Yah, cos initially my placenta was low and had to bedrest and also baby being too active means he want to come out alr! So we were so scare! even now, I can feel that he has dropped into my pelvic area! Not sure if I'm correct..but I can feel that his head is just like pressing on my below! Lol..but I'm only at 30w..I keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn't come out soon! If I'm having c sec, probably will choose 28/5 to do it so that he shares the same birthday as me! ☺
A pity it's c sec, I can't witness the important moment with my hubby on the arrival of the little one!

Was planning to deliver at Gleneagles partly also because my gynae's there. But if it's going to be a planned delivery I may consider Mt A now. At GEH my gynae's nurse advised us to prepare cash of about 6-8k.

Anyone here knows if it's possible to schedule csect at 39weeks? And what are the complications if labour starts prior to that?

I think if u go c sec, can choose any date!
Cos my gynae did ask me if I need to go choose any auspicious date for baby to come out or not! Lol

birdbird, normal delivery with epidural still need additional 1.5k to 2k ah? i did my pre-reg at Gleneagles yesterday and was told to pay the package price upon checking in, then balance fees such as doctor's fees, etc. to be paid on the day of checking out. i didn't enquire on these miscellaneous fees.

estaefran, yep. Her total hospital charges (means exclude doctors' fees) are over 4.2k after GST and the 'extra' bits I mentioned earlier, while her package for epi- natural was only 2750. This was year 2011. Maybe that's with the use of forceps or vacuum, I'm not sure.

Not forgetting these hospitals are increasing their charges yearly! -_-"

Hi Katherine, my EDD is same as yours (26 June) ...but you are going to give birth in May!!! so fast...Is this your first pregnancy?

My gynae told me that my delivery should be on or ard week 38/39 ...for 2nd pregnancy might be earlier...

What is your bb weight now?

Hi ST, yah we got the same edd!
But I'm really not sure when my baby boy is coming out! Will be seeing the gynae next sat, then will probably have a clearer pic when he's due! Which hospital u delivering in? I will be in mount a!

Sadly to say, I didn't ask abt my baby weight throughout my whole checkup! Lol! But I'm gg to ask next sat! Doc say its a healthy and active baby! As I'm typing, he's busy kicking and punching me! As if he knows I'm taking abt him!

Today went for check up, gynae gave me high blood pressure medicine to control my blood pressure. Although my blood pressure is slightly high only, but he scare that there might be complication.

Kome, what is your BP measured? I read that towards EDD our BP tends to be higher. Have lots of rest!

ST, you may try using baking soda/powder to remove the yellow stains, and it's safe for babies
happy.gif

My BP measures 132 90. Just slightly higher during previous check up and yesterday. Now I am 32 weeks. High blood pressure might be due to lack of sleep at night.

Back