(2013/06) June 2013

I bought my front button pyjamas from cotton on. They are having massive sale online. Take a look at it. Also a lot of baby clothes there.

Thanks ST
happy.gif

i havent start washing my boy's clothes to date yet as well, as MIL been helping me. Will have to start when I move to my new house haha.

Now still deciding between confinement lady or ordering confinement meals for my #2.

Think some shops in Toa Pahyoh Central also sell cheap front button pyjamas.

When's your EDD?

Thanks Hanaa! I log on to cotton on webbie ...those front button pyjamas are without pants one right? ...

Hi Julia, my EDD is one day earlier than yours ...mine on 26 June ....also my #2
happy.gif

As for confinement, my MIL will be helping me ...she always think that she can do better job than CL ...so just let her be...anyway the food she prepared is quite delicious...so I am somehow looking forward ...confinement meal - is quite exp ....maybe it will be good for you to get a CL ...

At this stage, a bit difficult to get CL, not to mentioned good ones...

Already made some plans if i can't get any CL... Just thinking through and making some last ditch attempts to call up recommended CL from frens and family
happy.gif

birdbird, my friend was induced and the doc broke her waterbag. however, she can't dilate (very slow, whole day only dilate 1cm) and ended up had to emergency c-sect.

Hey, Birdbird. I don't think it's necessary induce will end up c sect. It'll depends on how ripen ur cervix will be by then after the medical team gave you the induction medication. I'll be induce at 38th week. Hope by then, I'll be able to do it naturally. But if can't, c sect will nvr make us less of a better mummy. Never stress yourself during labour over this issue, gynae will advise according based on ur condition then.

One of my colleagues suggested me to talk to baby inside about coming out on the day of delivery which this method did helped her delivered quickly to a healthy baby boy.

Thanks for sharing, mummies
happy.gif
I'm actually considering elective cs now because I've heard many stories of long enduring labour in the end still emergency cs... I'm not one for pain and I'll go for epidural immediately anyway.

Still trying to weigh pros and cons on elective cs vs induced natural labour.

hmmm.. may i ask what are your views on using epidural for natural birth? after watching some birth videos in the prenatal class, i'm contemplating on using epidural if i cannot take the pain.

but feedback from relatives and friends are not so encouraging. i've had comments such as:
"it's good to experience your labour."
"if you can't feel anything, you can't push properly"
"natural is the best, your body is built to sustain the pain"
"epidural got side effects"
"epidural restrict your mobility and you cannot eat and drink too"

etc..

i did some research online but am still in a dilemma. i'm curious about what is so "good" about going through the pain too...

For me, I had natural with epidural for my first. I feel that unless your pain threshold is very high, else epidural is not a bad thing. I had a few friends who wanted to try without epidural ended up all giving up halfway through after enduring for so many hours. For this current one, I still will opt for epidural the moment I go in hospi. Cannot imagine without, really salute those mummies that can take it.

I didn't have epidural for my #1, only used laughing gas + a jab to the tight. Think will the same for my #2. Without the epidural, at least I dun have to worry about scary side effects that we all hear about. :)

Hi ST, you mentioned your MIL is helping you with the confinement, will you give her a token of money to buy the confinement food and for taking care of you like a CL? Just want to have a feel of how much is a reasonable amount for own relative, as I also don't want to shortchange my MIL.

hi all,i am first time mummy. edd 28june. boy!
Hi momoko- same as u!
just wana seek some advise from you all.just know from gynae that she will be on leave during my edd.

currently into my 29weeks, doctor mentioned baby head abit big. and baby weight now is 1450g.baby weight should hit 3.6kg, she suggested giving birth 1 week earlier prior to my edd.
may i know is this advisable?
i want to try natural birth but worried with all the induce, if unsucessful, might lead to emergency c section..worried. and some friends mentioned to not to induce as baby still not ready to come out, might have difficult and long labour waiting time...is this true?

thinking of changing gyane at this point of time..advisable?

thanks for the kind advise in advance..
happy.gif

thanks all for your inputs on epidural. i guess i'll stick to my original plan, really buay tahan then go for epidural. have yet to discuss pain relief with gynae, think will trust him and whichever recommendations he gave.

hi chew bi, welcome! last week, my bb measured 1544g at 30 weeks. gynae didn't mention anything about her size being too big or too small. he just said everything is okay. lol...

my sis-in-law changed gynae at around 35 weeks as she felt that she didn't have good rapport with the original gynae. not sure if it would help if you seek a 2nd opinion for your case.

Hi estafran. Thanks for your advise.
Ya lor. Actually I sort of felt she wants me to go for early delivery as she is gng on leave. As she only reveal she gng on leave after she commented that my baby head is "abit" big and baby is big in size. So delivery baby one week earlier in order not to hit 3.6kg mark.

Now then got this kind of issues. Being first time mama. I got not much information except to read and ask around. I kinda worry I will make d wrong decision. I want to try natural.
Is induce very common?
If I have no complications later on and I induce baby out, will c section be a high chance?

sad.gif

I dun feel good with my gynae too and not sure if it is advisable to change gynae. Also dunno which gynae will want to take in my case in Kkh. Any recommend?

Hope4baby,

I'm also at kkh and changing to new gynae, will be seeing him on wed.
Wasn't really comfortable with the one ive been seeing for yhis pregnancy. The gynae who delivered my #1 had already left for TMC so I randomly chose another senior consultant. Took me a long time to really make up my mind to switch at this late date. Now 30 weeks.

chew bi,

earlier posts from some mummies indicated that they were induced and had natural births. so i guess it really depends on individual.

i understand from the prenatal class that if the baby's head is too big in proportion to the mummy's pelvis, then would have to go for c-sect. you probably want to keep your options open till nearing the due date.

let's hear more opinions from the more experienced mummies.
happy.gif

Hi Jamie,

I am paying market rate to my MIL although she is not helping me to take care the bb at nite. The $ we are paying to her including the ingredients....basically everything! so still consider cheap!

I guess if she feels the $$ we gave is too much ...she will give back to her grandson...so it's ok to give based on market rate...

I just back from clinic. baby measured 1.5kg at week 29. Gynae advised to cut down on carbo.....mummy total weight gain: 10.2kg (gynae did not mention anything)...

estaefran, labor pain - bearable ...and believe in yourself...you can do it!!
happy.gif

ST, in surprised your gynae asked you to cut down on carbs. Mine weighs about 1.3kg at 28wks and 2kg at 31 wks checkup and doc assured me it's average and normal. I've put on around the same amount of weight as you
happy.gif

I'm leaning towards csection now the more I think about it... I'm so scared of episiotomies! From what I understand it's quite common, especially among Asian women. Oh well, there are still a few weeks to ponder.

Chew bi
My #2 also head quite big, so gynae told me that 80% chances need to c-sect. Since he said need to c-sect percentage was so high, I decided to just go for c-sect.

Hi ST, do u know your baby head size?my baby around same weight as u
happy.gif
my gynae never advise me on cutting down cos I never put on much weight. Only 6kg inclusive of baby weight..

Hi hope4baby,can try John tee at kkh. My friend mention he is quite good.

Kome: ya I hope she tell me earlier if need be for c section..gynae mentioned natural delivery ok for me.
Delimna now. Don't know should change gynae or not

back from W33 checkup today...BB at good weight of 1.885kg. On track ...Heehee...doctor say not too big better for me to push...

BB head is engaged ... and next final checkup will be at W37 and doing the StrepB test...

after that will be waiting game...so far washed 2 batches of clothes. Left those other colours and cover sheets and big blankets...and packing bag....

birdbird,

you may want to consider natural delivery...the recovery is faster than c-section ....After 1 week, you will not feel the pain anymore
happy.gif

Gynae did not mention abt the head size but my #1 head size is pretty big ...guess didi wont be smaller ...

I have yet to wash the bb clothes ...hvnt pack my hospital bag....guess hv to start now ...if now later stage will be too tired to do all these...

Girl^Girl,

BB head so fast engaged already!! Your EDD is in early June? I am planning on leave from week 38....

estaefran, with regards to the 'why don't take epidural' question, my personal opinion is: expensive (it's about 1K, i can stay 1 more night in hospital :p), i'm afraid of the epi needle, heard stories of discomfort after epi, some of my friends claimed got backache etcetc. of cos if pain is unbearable will go for epi. but hopefully will be able to do it without epi again
happy.gif

hi chewie! the difference is 1k? I remember it's a few hundred dollars difference. hmmm.. will go back check the price list again..

my hubby keep cajoling me to take epidural, he feels i cannot take the pain. wahahaha.. well, like you, will attempt to do without first too, jiayou!!

estaefran> ya man...hubby also scared i cannot take the pain... but like wat the nurse say...everybody threshold is different. Go with open mind.

ST> ya...BB head engaged. No wonder feeling like tummy keep touching my bottom part. BB now is giving me strong jabs... and yes my EDD on 3 June. So next/last apptment will be on 13 May to do review and StrepB test....and then is waiting game at home...

may i ask mummies here, who are your gyane if i want to deliver at eastshore hospital or mount a.
please advise.thanks
happy.gif

Sorry mummies, side track abit.. I just opened a new tin of isomil soy stage 3 900g and used 3scoop yest.. but my gal refused to drink.. anyone wanna exchange? Im looking for gain iq stage 3... pm me if interested....

I signed up for Cordlife because apparently I didnt know about Stemcord. Furthermore Cordlife was having some discount during the expo event.

Girl^Girl, agree! :D

ST, i'm thinking to take ML at 38 weeks. I'd two colleagues who took 1 month HL before their due dates. Not sure if can request HL so don't need to use ML.

chew bi, i didn't sign up either. i understand we can choose to donate the cord blood but not sure about the procedures.

Hi chewbi, yay we have the same edd.. Baby boy too.
Baby weight is 1.5kg at 29weeks when my total weight gain is only 8kg. Doc says baby is big so I gotta reduce on carbs haha but I don't really care ah... Just eat wat I want as long as me and baby is happy lol.

Btw, did anyone do a cervic scan already? I did mine at 29 weeks and doc said I have slight funneling... I'm worried... Advise pls?

ST, I haven't decided when I will start my mat leave yet... Probably starting 37 weeks if all goes smoothly.. I'm praying hard to pass at least 37 weeks......

Chew bi,

My #1 head was big..35cm..normal is 32cm..I manage to do natural delivery with assisted(vacuum out).. Bad tear to anus..almost got to go for emer c sect..bb head struck at vagina for very long.. I think depends on ur Gynae.. I did ask my Gynae whether is his head big?he says not a issue..body big then a big issue..lately just hear Tt one of their frez deliver with big body ended up with dislocated shoulder...

I also hope my #2 will not cause tear to vagina again..

Epidural is depends on individual pain threshold..if cant tahan,just go for it..it is abt 800 buck before gst.. For mi,I can't endure e pain when I admit at 2cm.. Requested for epi n dilate very fast...8cm in 5h..normally 1cm per hr..I kept asking e nurse to max my epi cos I can still feel e contraction pain.. Ended up epi overdose..both legs can't feel a single thing..rested 3h for epi to wear off..push for 2h cos head got struck..total labour time 11h..

I see a lot endure e pain n ended up cervix not dilating..some Gynae will psycho u go emer c sect..

Girl girl

So fast engaged..my due date is e same as u..I have a feeling is engaged but not sure..cos my #1 was not engaged until I push..got to check with my Gynae on next mon appt..

Back