(2013/06) June 2013

Hi mummies, saw there is a Baby fair this wkend at Expo Hall 5A.

yes, my tummy also sometimes feel tight and uncomfortable now..guess it probably normal???
I was told as long as not very regular interval should be ok

Hi Chewie,
I email you my payment details. Can you confirm payment.

Hi hapierger,
Same here, every wk wearing same 'uniform' Monday to Friday and they are getting shorter and tigher. I did not spent on maternity wear except some pants and shorts i bought during no.1 so i survice based on loose dresses which aren't loose anymore now..haha..

cant wait to receive my carters items tml. heehee... am browsing the webbie now again to keep myself awake~ whahaha

lilac, ^5! im only left with limited 'wearable' dresses in my wardrobe too.. haha.. we need to get more new dresses...

I also dont have much maternity clothes because I stay at home most of the time.

I dont wish to spend too much $ since this is my last pregancy.

Just a few days ago I bought a L Size Cotton On dress but I doubt it will last me till full term
sad.gif

Dear ladies

I have a bag of preloved baby girl's clothes which I would like to gift with no strings attached.

Details have been posted at this website which I have specially created to link mothers who would like to give away things to those who are seeking preloved items.

http://www.p-lovelies.com/awpcp/browse-ads

Please do drop by, thanks!

Hapieger / Vivi - wear your dresses with leggings? That's what I'm doing now for office. I bought some cotton-on black leggings and just wear then with all the dresses that I have.

Tried going shopping for maternity wear/dresses last wkend but everything was just too big. The salesgirl at spring maternity told me that its not "maternity" if I need anything smaller than S.. duh.

absentmama.. i wore my dress with legging too but the weather is sooooo hot! ended up have to lunch in everyday... )=

lucky u.. u just need a M size dress... im upgrading from M to L and now slowly to XL... cos M/L dresses seems too short on me.. lol..

I brought alot of loose clothes and wear leggings too, but now the leggings seems abit tight for me already.

hapieger
I am upgrading too lor.
sad.gif
From XS to M than now to L size.

vivi, i dint buy any maternity wear at all since my #1.. but for #2, seems like im having problem wearing back the old dress.. omg~

Kome, so sad right.. hope i can go back size M after delivery~ this morning i was talking to my HB.. i told him he gonna have a busty wife soon~ lol cos im hitting my D cup soon!! haha..

hmmm.. i can't fit into my maxi dresses any more. one L size tank maxi dress i bought from fox still wearable but the cutting don't look so flattering. i'm now wearing the same few maternity dresses from asos.com, quite happy with them.

windy: my appt is re-scheduled to 26/3 because my boss said i needed to attend an impt meeting on 28/3 (coz everyone else is on leave that day!)

r u having your appt on 28/3??

hapieger: i'm planning full-month celebration in my house..think it is easier to have everyone come over at different times...likely to be catering from JUMBO coz my hubby love the food from there...for the full-month gift, will be taking from www.papamama.com.sg

Kome/hapieger/estaefran: would the leggings 'cut in' at the belly area? i keep wearing dresses nowadays as i dont like to have something 'cut-in'

absentmama: so envious! u must be still small sized...my colleagues mentioned i suddenly grew bigger after my US trip...but i didnt really eat that much more...however i do find that i am getting quite a bit of water-retention, not sure if it is becoz of the long flights plus constant meetings/weather difference that caused it
sad.gif
so i look abit puffed up now...

how do u all deal with water-retention?

mabelths, i also feel dresses are more comfy. like you've mentioned, the shorts/leggings irritates my tummy, especially my belly button area..

estaefran, there's limited maternity dresses from asos right? i saw all dress are sleeveless and im not a sleeveless person.. )=

mabelths, im planning to hold it at the pavilion under my block but worried what if its gonna be a warm and hot day.. our families cant take the heat... lol.. also, we still have to think where to rent tables, chairs and fans.. headache..

i think for water retention, u have to drink more water? its a sign of lacking of water... correct me if im wrong.. im not sure too... :p

hapieger
Ya really sad......at least you still can have D cups. I gaining weight below more than the top more sadder.
sad.gif

mabelths
I brought the L size or XL size rubber type so that will be slightly loose and I wear it below my tummy so I don't actually did feel the 'cut in'. I try out the leggings first before buying. For this time round I brought more of those 3/4 pants instead.

kome, but im happier with my B cup... at least no need keep buying new bra... and what am i gg to do with them after delivery! i think each side gain 1kg! lol!

Hi everyone, sorry for slow response. Been a little tied up this morning.

<font color="119911">For those who sent order through my site, if you don't receive an email once you finish check out, pls check Spam folder. By the way, the Carters discount is better than 20%. It's around 20-25%.</font> If you have any questions just PM me

PL, I ordered from another seller cos she offered a ex VAT price, in total was about S$80 but can't see any new warmers listed by her now. Here's what I got - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Philips-Avent-Electric-Digital-Bottle-Food-Warmer-/290596250701?pt=UK_Baby_Baby_Feeding_Bottle_Warmers_Coolers_LE&amp;hash=item43a8e2e44d If you are keen, I can ask the seller I bought from. Let me know

hapiger, yupyup see you tmr. Already brought your items to office cos so forgetful these days, might forget if bring on actual day

estaefran, great so they managed to do it after 7 pm!

chase, think I might not have spare bottles unless mummies from earlier batches drop their order. I might organize another Medela accessories spree after I calculate the costs cos quite a few mummies need parts &amp; accessories. Will post here again. Can you PM me if you didn't get any email in your Spam? You went through all the checkout steps?

och, yes depends on volume as well cos the concierge is using Fedex so it's higher of weight/ volume. Actually you can just tell Philips it was a gift then how would they know if it's auth distributor since they need to honour world wide warranty. Else Amazon also sells Philips bp, est. shipping around S$50

Mabelths - iirc you hardly gained any weight right, so maybe your body is just catching up now bah.

I'm still wearing XS for tops, this time round boobs only grew a little bit.. S for bottoms. For the leggings I wear the waistband under the bump. So it doesn't dig in.

But it also means that most maternity wear brands are out cos they are just too loose on top, shoulders and chest area too droopy
sad.gif
I have maternity bottoms cos they are available in S but no tops to wear other than normal stretchy tshirts.. A bit sian of those le..

Hapierger,
I ordered a carters dress in 4T for my girl (she just turned 3yrs old in dec) and its fits her well, just a little long. She is the smallest/shortest kid in her class though..

yes chewie, see u tml.. (=

estaefran, all those are not so much of my style and cos im a biker gal type.. haha.. but they also have limited maternity wears.. shld check it out again.. isit free shipping? minimum order?

absentmama, so envy of ur size.. how i wish i can fit into S/M.. Lol!

ok, shall change my order to 4T too.. thanks!

chewie, I've made the blance payment for the medela bottles, do let me noe when the Avent sterilizer- then i can ask my hubby to collect at harbour front if possible.

is the avent warmer gd ???

I've been confined to bed at home for nearly a month, doin reading on cooking recipes..etc..listening to 92.4 FM

I bought a pair of black maternity leggings and topped it with some of my loose fitting clothes that I used to wear before having #1... those mphosis kind. Suprised still can squeeze lol

Other than that not much clothes for me. I only need some decent clothes when I need to do viewing

I want to order from ASOS but I am a noob when it comes to ordering online. I am scared of heat so I dont mind sleeveless de.

Hapieger
if you plan to do at the pavilion check with the catering company on the costs of the rental of chairs and tables... or else some chair rental companies may not entertain small request like yours...

for me I will do it in a hotel function room for high tea solve all the problem... I did that for #1 too....

Is $50 per massage for Post Natal ok? No fix package but I intending to take 7 days.... this includes tummy binding and breast massage?

My hubby was bad that he joked that does it really worked because I ballooned a lot due to eating too much that time

hapieger, i like babydoll styles.. hehehe.. asos is free shipping, no minimum order. i bought a pair of jeans couple of months back but it's really too hot to wear. only wore like 3 times to work on Fridays.

Kome/hapieger: haha..i'm still B cup too...at least now i can 'fill' my bra..last time it was half empty..now it's full..hahaa..i didnt need to get any new bras, just bra extenders which i got cheaply - 3 for $1 only!

Windy: aiya..hahaa..could have met u!! too bad boss ask me to change..so i just changed my appt only. i'll update my next appt after my visit on Tues..haha
happy.gif

hapieger: oh dear..is carters cutting small? i bought quite a few items in the various size..even bought some clothes in prep for xmas and CNY when i was in US :X

absentmama: yea so far havent put on much weight but that is from last appt...i dont have a proper weighing machine so didnt weigh myself at home..guess i'll know on Tues. But i guess now it's more water retention for me..i suddenly feel my legs and face puffing up..and it sure doesnt look nice
sad.gif
guess i need to gulp down more water

Vivi: $50 per massage sounds like a cheap offer! mine is $738 for 10 sessions + 2 red pkts...and no breast massage also. who are u getting ur massage from? aiyo..ignore ur hubby..i'll go scold him..hahaaa
happy.gif

Tricia, ok sure! I know some mummies here use hot water but I'm used to this model and I find that for hot water I need to change a few times before milk is warmed to a temperature I want. I'm not sure if it is better than the current SG model. One shortcoming is the base is hidden by a plastic grill so you must be very hardworking to descale often. My old one I never descale and it became very very disgusting. I like the warmer cos it warms up my bm quite quickly and it beeps to tell me it's done. The SG model doesn't beep

Vivi, $50 is cheap!

Mabelths
Ya la next time you see him you scold him.... :p
I got this contact from my previous group of mummy. Her name is Mdm Maz and I used her for #1... so far ok... her strength is ok and she is detailed when it comes to breast massage and her binding is good.

I wanted to get Mdm Ida, she seems to be quite popular but then hor she is booked and she refers me to someone in her team but I would rather get back someone that I used before if it is not her.

Weather is hot drink more water and avoid salty stuff will help too....

Some of the carters sizing is big and some is small so it depends. For rompers wise the size can be generous.... Imagine #1 still wearing a 12 month old romper when she is close to 2 years old or maybe #1 is small size too lol,,,

Chewie
Ya 7 days pacjage works out to be $350 so I think might as well go for it...

Hi everyone,

Am selling BN Avent Milk bottle
1) 1 x 125 ml - $10 (RP: $13.90)
2) New Born starter kit with 4 milk bottles, 1 pacifier and a brush. - $45 (RP $55)

Both will be at $45. Pickup location can be arranged or postage at your cost.

Keen, please watsapp me at 98482804 or PM me.
Thanks
8220719.jpg

8220720.jpg

Vivi: yea...we shld meet up...then i can scold him...havent seen u and your girl in a long time! hahaa..

as for carters clothes, i hope they can fit..haha..i also got quite a few from gymboree which i really like...

for mummies delivering at Mt A, do u know what are the discounts for Childbirth Education Prog/Maternity Packages with the Mt A Ladies Card? Have you all signed up for any of the Education programmes too? I understand the maternity package will include 1 complementary ante-natal class (or did i remember wrongly?)

thanks!
happy.gif

hello all,

I am a June mummy, first baby~ anyways, can I ask for the postnatal massage, anyone go for babies bellies? Thinking of going for the Classic 2 package but not so sure if it is worth it leh.. any advise?

Sorry chewie, this is my first time buying. Mind me asking, are the prices ($13 for 5 pcs for carter) in USD or sing?

Hi yveyve, those placed up to 4 Feb
happy.gif
Holding on to your items for Pumpin Pal to arrive

wenditan, it's in USD, before intl shipping. After the discount code, it's around US$11...

vivi, which hotel function room are you looking at? i tried asking ard and its not cheap at all.. about $70+ per pax and i have about 80 guest.. faintz!

how much is Mdm Maz charging u for the massage? I have booked Ida's cousin and she charged me $50/session. and she can only start the massage 1 mth after c-sect.. is it true? For my #1, i started 2 weeks aft my c-sect..

chewie, what do u mean by the Carters discount is better than 20%. It's around 20-25%? so if i order now, what is the discount like?

mabelths, im not sure about the carters size too. i havent got my items yet.. but i think i will order one size bigger.. just incase.. haha..

estaefran, i feel my arms are too flabby for sleeveless.. i feel insecure.. lol

morning mummies!

hapieger: yea..hotel quite exp..and i think for convenience (since bb need to sleep) will be good to book a room too, so i may save the hassle and do at my house instead.

i got my carters items, but i am not sure how to gauge the size coz will be my #1..hehe...so i think on the 'safe' side i shld not buy so much or buy bigger for now.

as for massage, i think it depends very much on your recovery for c-sect..some would prefer 1-mth after delivery, but others start at 2-wks...for normal, some start 3 days after delivery, some 1-week...so i guess it varies depending on your own comfort too.

btw, i found out that for the Mt A ladies card, the discounts are:

$100 for single occupancy
$80 for double occupancy
comes with 1 free ante-natal course and 10% off pharmacy

hi chewie,
thanks for explaining. i'm not getting philips and not all brands offer world-wide warranty. looking at ardo, which is a closed system. got quotes from some websites for shipping costs and i think they r comparable to vpsot uk.

Hi hapieger,

I booked my postnatal massage with Babies Bellies and they recommended massaging only after 3 weeks or 1 month after C-sect. However, the lady told me to call them if I have engorgement or backaches after delivery. They won't do massage on tummy or binding, just breasts and back.

Hi ladies,

sorry to ask a silly question. Can i know the diapers for New Born baby is from new born to how many months? How much does the baby need a day?

Hi Alison, not a silly question
happy.gif
it differs for brand to brand. For Nepia, it's up to 5 kg so I used for quite a number of months. Although baby not 5 kg, her thighs got too big for newborn size. Newborn diapers are cheapest by unit price so can use longer, better! You can refer to the different sizes and pieces here - http://nepia.com.sg/en/index.html Newborn uses around 7 a day.

och, oops, assumed wrongly it's Avent!

i bought the Goo.N Supreme (58 pcs/pack) at the expo babyfair. it's for newborn to 5 kg. the sales lady told me 1 pack will last around 1 week, so i bought 3 packs to try first..

Hapieger
I am doing it in my hubby's hotel as he has some discount over. I know hotel prices arent cheap....

Mdm Maz is charging same $50 per session (75-90 minutes) includes binding and breast massage. She told me to inform her once I given birth so she can plan. Natural birth I remember I start 3 days after and for c sect you told me to ask gynae for advice. But I remember it is about 2 weeks after if possible.

So far her massage the other time was just nice for me. The first few days in fact were painful then slowly all the knots are gone for the subsequent days.

If c sect cant do massage you can ask if your massage does soley breast massage should be cheaper so can massage away the blocked ducts.

Alison
Actually the size of the baby diapers also depend on the cutting and the baby's weight. I aim for baby to be about 3kg when she is out so I will get Drypers straightaway since it is stated as 3-7kg.

Any brand that is recommended? I bought one pkt (24pcs)of huggies diapers from the Taka Fair. But was intending to use the cotton diapers after the 1st month cos i heard that the stool is usually very watery.

Am not sure if i shld stock up.

Jassie, Do you have to travel to there for massage or she will come your house?

I have booked on that come to my house. $60 per session (1hour)

Alison
I dont know much about the brands its really trial and error.... Dont stock up too much just in case the diapers dont really suit.

Hmm The weather is really super hot I wonder how I can tahan for the confinement if no fan and bath !!!

Vivimummy,
i think the weather going to be even hotter by June.
My first one, i uses the air-con and i think i hide in my bedroom with the air-con a lot with the baby (of cos temp not too low). For my second one i think i still going to do so.
But i won't blow fan direct.

Bath, cannot be whole month don't bath right??
I guess most will use the herbal pack to bath. Better then nothing
happy.gif

Vivi... i tink can bath with herbal bath... my confinement aunty told me every 2 to 3 days can bath once. Haha... other times i plan to stay in aircon room just dont have the wind blowing direct at you..

Seems like the massage u all book is cheaper than mine. Mine is $75 per hour including transport...

Back