(2013/05) May 2013

Eva, I bought Charlie banana diapers, total 14 from bulk purchase + bundle offer at the recent expo fair. At first I considered bumwear but hubby dun like the prints lol.

Maternity ward
We will want to get the 1 bedder, especially after my experience at the hospital recently. At night cannot rest with all the noises and random visitors. Costly but think treat it as a life experience with our first born.
happy.gif
still have to see whether available during admission also though.

Pinktulip- wah u very independent going for check ups yourself. I'm the sticky type will throw tantrums if he cannot accompany me lol.

pinktulip: Erm in fact for my meals i eat as per pre-pregnancy, i still drink a cup of coffee a day, still eat ice cream once a week, still drink cold drinks few times a week and all my 3 meals are outside as my MIL does not cook.

I also go for my check ups myself.
So far my hubby accompanied me only 2 to 3 visits as he works long hours and only off during Sundays but clinic close on Sundays.

Yes the weight is getting heavier. I tends to walk very slow too, then very breathless. Other than that, only below a bit sng sng when walk too long. No pain, I wonder wat kind of pain.

Joanne - omg, sounds just like me. haha I eat as per pre-pregnancy..maybe even less appetite for 1st & 3rd trimester. I have ice cream few times a week...cold drinks almost everyday...milo also everyday. Homecooked meals are only once (at my grandma's place) or twice (grandma's and in-laws's) a week...Now with the edd closer, I start to feel bad about feeding my bb all those stuff. My hb will then scold me saying no pt feeling guilty, just eat better. But food that I dont like, I cant bring myself to eat... :S

Maternity Ward
- Intending to get 1bedder at Mt A so hb can stay over too. Its exp and feels wasteful but coz its #1 so I prefer to have my hb with me..everything will be so strange and new to me!

Joanne, happy mok - same for me leh appetite almost the same like pre pregnancy. dont have much cravings one my pregnancy. I abstained from my fav ya kun ice tea until recently i was told it is fine as long as not habitual drinking like few cups a day. Drinking say 1 time a week for tea. Sometimes drink cold drinks too... weather super hot siah. I will request for 1 bedder too cos its our number 1, and really dont know what to expect much.

Pinktulip, when's your EDD? I also booked single bedder in Parkway East. My #1 was at Mount A also single bedder.

I am beginning to get backaches nowadays!

rejoy : sneaking in ah...i think a bit tough leh. NUH got provide option for 1 night stay wor..but i think have to see actual delivery how.

my hubby got acc me for all visits because my visits all after work 1. For detail scan, he will just take time from work or apply leave. First child lah, he sure enthu. #2 i think he will not liao

super angry leh these few days..i trying to calm myself but some people really hoh...i tell my hubby i think i must have done something bad to these people in my past life. That's why this life they come and torture me. Than he tell me 'see lah...now u know how i feel when i bully him'

Contraction
Eva, u experience pain like menses cramp? Do u check with the gynae? I also experience tummy hardening. More discharge recently. But I was told if the discharge is not excessive or with blood, it's common. Tummy hardening is because our uterus practice labouring.

Chiro
Not independent lah. Think coz it's #3, we're more relaxed. You just enjoy yr hubby's company ok
happy.gif
My gynae's clinic always so packed also.

Joanne
Try cutting down on the cold drinks and see if there's a difference?

Debbie
My EDD is end May. When's yours? I guess this time I'll book a 1-bedder immediately. Past 2 deliveries, I booked 2-bedder but was lucky to get a 1 bedder after I delivered. For #1, no more 1 bedder so they let us have a 2-bedder converted into a one bedder but that one not as cosy as the 1 bedder itself.

happymok, jill: My appetite is super huge since pregnant till now. I eat Mac or other fast food every week also and eating double what i used to eat and will wake up midnight 2am or 5am and eat bread or maggie mee lei but now i cut on maggie mee at the salt is making my hands even more painful. Abit worried that baby is big as she was 1.9kg at my 30w5d checkup and i gained like 11kg. My next checkup is 20-Mar-13 every 2 weeks.
So far i experienced the tummy hardening a few times however for menses like cramp only once few days ago.

cloth diaper : omg i didn't know there's cloth diaper-safe detergent. haha. luckily i haven't wash any cloth diaper yet. so it is country safe and Napisan? Where to buy? Eva, i think you'll need at least 10 - 15 cloth diaper. and also, better buy a pack of disposable to standby.

Chiro:

Me same as u. I'm getting the one-bedder after discussion with hubbs. Will be delivering at Mt A and having the one-bedder means that the baby can be "wheeled" to me at anytime. Went for the hospital tour and was informed that if i were to have a 2-bedder or 4, baby will have to wheeled back by 9pm.

Initially hubbs and i agree that he can go home and sleep. then he says that "just in case" haha!!

Eva: I was having constant menses cramp at lower pelvic yst. As I have experienced early contractions in dec, also menses cramps and tightening, and Gynae mentioned I might give birth earlier at week 34 during that time. That's why I am v alerted, cos now is week 32, very critical. Plus, not good to have prematured baby.

I just got discharged and back at home, will be taking ventolin and review next tues. Baby is fine, estimated weight is 1.79kg.

chiro: yes...ventolin also made my hand tremble if i take them.
during #1 time, my dosage was more...the trembling was really bad.
this time round, i asked for lower dosage.
control abit la.
but maybe cos 3rd bb already, so i know what is going on.

griny: same same. i also dont intend to take one bedder or what. i would prefer some peace when i am at hospital. and preferably hub can just visit me when the boys are at school. well, a hospital is not a very good place for children to stay anyway. and 2 days is very fast de.
nothing is more comfortable then home lor.

oh btw...bad news hor.
my gynae told me TMC going to increase their price (AGAIN) on 15 march hor..
sian dao...

contractions: let me share again for those new comers or miss my earlier post.
tightening of tummy is very common now once u reached 3rd trimester. reason - body is preparing for childbirth. so let u have the feeling now and then.
my gynae told me one day if contractions less than 30x is fine and normal.
u should time and see yourself. irregular contractions doesnt mean in labour anytime.
regular contractions should comes in sets, like every 3 mins/5 mins or so.
if lets say the tightening happens few times per day but at different timing. its braxton hicks.
u can feel tummy hard hard for awhile then soft again.
just try to relax and rest.

xuan: pls try not to do squating nowadays. u want weak uterus or not. so when u wanna pick something, u should bend down. whole body down, not squat.
as for the pain u having, i believe most should be having too. it shouldnt be too bad for 1st time mummies. 2nd time mummies should be more painful.

pinktulip: hi 5! my hubby also lor! 1st bb every checks he is there. 2nd one, still ok.
3rd one, he never even accompany me once lor! not even detailed scan. all i go myself...
sob sob...
he doesnt even asked me how am i when i am having those contractions.
super bo chup...PISSED with him this time.

blurdopey: who say travel with bb not possible! can one!
with 1 easier. i went japan with #1 when he was 13 months. and went korea with #1 and #2 when #2 was 11 months, and it was winter time.

proper planning can be done de. and i was still bf when i travel to korea when #2 was 11 months.

i planning to bring bb when i on my maternity leave leh...hahaha..but it is either Bintan / Batam / Cruise lah. wait till end of the year when he is bigger, than we going to take aeroplane.

wt81/meiliew: braxton hicks i would say its not painful. but it actually depends on individual leh. some find it pain some dont. must see ownself pain tolerance.
i would feel it umcomfortable. like whole tummy all curled up together. then u feel it hardened. then later soft again..
u try and touch yr tummy next time if u have tightening. but sometimes it might occur too fast.

if it is very regular. like 1 set every 10-15 mins. then u should call yr gynae. any bleeding or drop of mucus plug should call gynae also. or leaking of amniotic liquid.

our body is really very special. it gets ourselves ready for labour. after labour it get our brain to prepare for bf...

there is no solution when u feel pain, its either take those duphaston/ventolin. but of cos if can, i wouldnt wanna eat. for now, if i know i am going to walk alot later or do more chores, i will eat. otherwise, when tightening i will just slow down my pace, take a seat and rest.

wt81
I also feel that i have more discharge now.
I hope it's not candida (think it's a kind of yeast infection). I bought a tub of unsweetened yoghurt. I hope i can eat it regularly to combat yeast infections
sad.gif

xeviousss
Oh do rest well. Premature births are so scary right. But at 32 weeks it's def better than earlier. I always get a phobia when I clear my bowels more regularly, coz that was one of the signs i got just before i go into labour.

2Ks
my hubby drives like what like that. I always get fed up when he is impatient on the road. Then when reach destination in the morning (my office), he'll ask if baby moved. GRRR. There were times I requested for him not to send me to work as it was less stressful on the MRT than being in his car with all that morning traffic.

pinktulip..i think guys are like this. my hubby is like ghost possessed when he is behind the wheels. whole journey have to tell him be careful. i tell him not very good for the baby leh..everytime like want to hit people and my tummy will contract/shrink.

but only when i am in the car than he like this. when he drive his parents, he is not like this. I tell him my life really very cheap.

that's why i won't let him drive my baby alone loh..how to trust him to send the baby to his parent place every morning if i put bb at my in law place

fool4love: I took 1-bedded at Mount. A too. hubby will be staying with me for the night. I tell him I will need him. LOL!

2Ks:same. I had asthma so...Ventolin makes me grow fatter that time. and my hand trembles. heart beat also faster...I tried to whole body down take eh...but the tummy block my picking. LOL! then my rib will so pain. now a days i jus shout for hubby to pick up. yah agreed with u on the tightening... it's not painful but uncomfortable, each time it happens...I feels like PEEING!!! like something pressing on my bladder =x

pinktulip: same! the discharge like getting more right?! I'm doing the strep B test this saturday. I hope all goes well. the discharge sometimes like just leaked out without control de.

Xuan
Yeah I feel that also.
I hate that strep B test also. I tested +ve for first one. For 2nd one, I told my gynae no need to do swab test, just put me on the drip :/
For 3rd one....dunno if i want to do the swab test or just put on drip or not.
How many weeks are u this Saturday? I read that the swab test is done between 35-37 weeks.
The strep B will miraculously disappear when we have delivered. Sigh, pregnancy woes.

JC
HAHA that's really funny. Ghost-posessed. Yes I share the same feelings you do! He said, I can see lah. But i'm nervous. Everyone drives like a mad man these days. So gancheong dunno for what also.

I just learned at a recent antenatal class that once admitted, usually would be hooked onto drips, and not allowed to walk around, eat or drink. How to get through so many hours lying on the bed?

leyash
is this yr first labour? If yes, do read up on time it's required to dilate fully. Usually for first labour it would take quite long. Walking will help one dilate quicker.

Some hospitals allow changing positions. Some don't. I made a mistake of going to hospital too early for my #1. My labour was about 16 hours. For #2, I did some labouring at home. I just withstood the pain, did my household chores, sent my #1 to my mom's then i headed to the hospital. I checked into hospital at 4 pm, baby was out by 7.30 pm. I hope I can make it on time for #3 too.

It can be very boring just lying in bed!

A rule of thumb I just came across recently :

Worrying about whether or not you are in real labor is a fact of life at the end of pregnancy. Many women worry that every twinge is labor. Sometimes the symptoms of late pregnancy mask the signs of labor. If you have contractions that get stronger, longer and closer together - chances are you're in labor. Call your midwife or doctor for advice, many use the 411 method: Contractions four (4) minutes apart, lasting one (1) minute, for at least one (1) hour.

http://pregnancy.about.com/od/laborbirth/p/laborbasics.htm

2ks,
i know can lah. but i rather not bring kiddo for travel. then i can enjoy myself and do the stuff i want. with kiddo around, i will be looking after them, being the latest to sleep and the earliest to wake up(not my kind of holiday) plus i tend to go for those activities not suitable for little kids, so meaning i have to forgo my loves. might as well stay in spore. :p

Wow, you all really move the thread so fast. I went for a 2 hours nap, come back with so many messages. =)

Chiro:
Charlie banana is good? I am thinking of buying more as I brought the starter package from bumwear. Now think not enough.

My hubby usually accompanied for check up as this child is our 1st child so excited for it. Hahaha Naming also he came up. Usually he will go with me unless he don't have off or working and I feeling sick and need to take mc.

sleepyskies & Joanne:
I also eat as usual, but include junk. Whole pregnancy ate instant noodles for 3 times. Including today but I did it secretly then now feeling guilty. Sometimes if I ate junk, baby seem to complain. Can make me vomit 4-5 hours after that meal.

rejoy:
How to sneak in? Won't the night nurses caught him?

JC: I also easily feel angry at people. Esp during work, boss irritating, colleagues irritating. Push works here and there. But anger will affect baby. I always remind myself, for baby, must be calm.

meiliew:
I thought gynae about the pain, he said baby getting bigger. Normal. Plus mine like come and go. So he said uterus contract a bit for baby to grow. Then got discharge too. I think as we are near edd, more discharge so that can prepare BB come out.

xeviouss: Oh dear... really not good to have premature baby. my SIL gave birth at 34th week but because her bm a lot, her baby gain much more weight immediately. But my colleague who gave birth at 32th week, been having problem with her baby, like weight not gain much. Take care!

pinktulip: mmm. Im week 30 exactly on coming saturday eh. LOL! mmm. hope all goes well la. Cos lately a bit not controlling my diet.

i have a qsn regarding medisave claimable. Hospital bill consist of bill of mummy + bill of baby right? So when claiming medisave, besides claiming for delivery + hospital room + antenatal charges, is there additional amt that we can claim for bb?

Blurdopey: got ppl help u care for them? If yes still can. But then sure will miss your baby lor..
If I need to go I hv to separate all my kids...

vicvic: I also has no idea until I wanna wash my diaper then I read the washing instruction. Guess it time to buy cloth diaper detergent.

Baby weight:
My baby weight is 2.2kg at 32th week? consider big?

2ks:
oh no, TMC increasing price? when you read it? sian, I now so wanna feel that I don't wanna give birth there and wanna go Mt A.

Traveling with BB:
I planning to go travel with BB next time for shopping trip to BKK or Taiwan. Seem fun to bring him to enjoy!

leyash: bring some books or music to listen? I am also thinking of how to pass time esp when I am having first baby too! =)

pinktulip : ya..he tell me it is paralex error. His side can see 1. When he almost hit or change lane w/o looking, he know i will scold him. he immediately change another topic.

i tell him, you can be lucky many times but only take 1 unlucky time to kill all of us. If he drive everybody is like this, i nothing to say but only when me with him he is like this leh. So i very angry loh.

Say more, he say i nag at hime

vicvic: I went Mt A, the baby bill they said is already included in the maternity package. So will claim together. Unless Baby warded to NIUC or have jaudice then they will separate the bill and have another separate medisave claim of $450 per day. Not sure does other hospital do that too.

Vicvic qns very good. How do we claim all the medisave and everything?

my colleague tell me her total bill is like for e.g. 5K, than she only pay XX amount in cash. All these will be taken care by the hospital?

Eva: My next appointment is during my 33 week on 20-Mar-13 will let u know mine since ours should be quite near. Will be doing the growth scan + Swab test.

Been having alot of yellow discharge since pregnant and did 2 lab test however no infection and not sure why it is so yellow.

eva : so if everything goes smoothly as planned, then there's no additional amt tt we can claim, right?

JC: From what i know, upon admission you pay deposit, then when discharge, you pay the remaining amt (after deducting frm deposit and claiming from medisave).

I don't think so. Unless once have epidural. Can check with them.

To claim medisave, just bring all the dr's receipt to the admission office then let them know who's medisave u wanna claim from and also a copy of your bank book acc no so that they can credit the money in.

xuan/rejoy: lol ya my hub also say that wana see. but cannot see. infact i have the choice to choose in the evening i can go also but think again evening more crowded wait quite long. so suan le ba.. i go by myself.but if he say like hey tmw i take leave accompany u go see doc okai? i will feel at least happy mah. LOL but i will reject him say no need to waste leave. LOL at least say liao i song abit muahahha but u see other mummies with their hub accompany im thinking wah lau spoil market LOL if not thinking wha.. this guy no need wor work sia.. so shiok LOL

cloth diaper
got modern one? i didn't knw hahaha i don't think i can take cloth diaper. lol

Pinktulip: LOL i can imagine if next time i have no.3 not even a single time will accompany me. haha.. sad…

sleepyskies: infact in hospital u don't have to worry anything. cuss the nurse will help u de. they just bring in baby let u BF then finish let u play with bb awhile they will push back liao. when time to drink milk they will wake u up. so infact i quite enjoy my hospital stay! damn shiok. but when back home is all terror. LOL

JC: my temper also not very good these days. like everyone is against me like that. super don't like.

2ks: wah thanks for the info… sianz meaning need to pay more liao. >.<

Back