(2013/05) May 2013

wt81: I also applied desitin creamy on bb bum everytime when he younger. The instructions say is safe to use for every diaper change, but maybe put a thin layer. Now I also use, but only after bathing before he sleeps at night. I got ask teacher to apply for him after his noon bath in school too.

sleepyskies: I put the mattress protector on the matress itself, then cover everything
with bedsheet cover.

hi ange! was wondering where have u been, never seen u around for some time.

the robinsons got 2 kinds. 1 is limit to $250 spending the other is limit to $500 spending.

2Ks...

Drama January. Early Jan hospitalised for diarrhea so bad that even drink water will run toilet. Mid Jan hospitalised again for bleeding. End Jan spotting ordered bed rest. Just b4 CNY spotting again and bed rest again. Wanted to travel this week but gynae said better not so din issue letter so cannot fly lo.

But drama aside baby is all good leh. At 28w3d 1.1kg. So just learning to slow down my pace.
happy.gif

ange: oh dear! its really sounds drama! then u better dont walk too much already! dont carry jon and also dont carry too heavy stuff.

btw...so yours confirm is a girl girl??

2Ks

Haven't been carrying Jon in awhile already. Even groceries dare not lug too heavy. Hubby went with me to sort out CNY stocking up. And yes, cut back running around too. Yup, baby's a girl!
happy.gif

haha thanks ladies! I think I got the wrong idea...I just want to protect bedsheets...yuan lai I should be protecting the mattress instead. hahaha.

2Ks - Yes, I think I know what cooling pad you are talking abt. I intend to get that for baby to sleep on (after the layer of bedsheets) coz more cooling and also act as another waterproof layer. Also thinking of getting a big piece for myself to sleep on during confinement (more cooling and hygenic esp if I only bathe alternate days)..not sure if its good to sleep on such a 'cooling' mat during confinement...

take care Ange.....

i apply mustela barrier cream on my no 1 after each single change till she is ard 9 mths then i stop, i gt prepare 2 tubes of desitin for those more serious rashes....

i bought 6 bottles, i agree 1 bottle can use very long, bt since my no 1 wld be using and m gg to use it for no 2 so juz stock up....

sleepyskies: eh...mattress more exp than bedsheets leh...lol..cute u.

aiya...no need to sleep on that la..u want put on backside only...cos scared stained the mattress that u are sleeping in.
but hor...i tell u. i used my dog's pee pad. its the same...LOL

and hor...where can u find such a BIG pc of cooling pad huh huh...kekekeke cute la u

Thanks rejoy!
happy.gif

I think for #1's time I used California Baby Calendula cream... and when he did get a rash I used the Blue Desitin. Seems like Mustela is a very popular brand for recent moms. I can't decide what to use yet. Hehe

My friend passed me some of those disposable waterproof pads like those they used to line the hospital beds. Think she bought from guardian? I kept them in the car in case waterbag breaks and I gota drive myself to hospital. Hahaha

Ange - Take good care. Don't carry heavy stuff and strenuous housework, take it easy. Congrats on having a bb girl =)

The mattress protector I bought from expo, is for putting on top of the bedsheet... Din see any for beneath de. hmmm.

Ange - Pls be more careful and take good care of yourself! Dont overstrain ok? And yes, you have 1 boy and 1 gal to form a 'hao' word...good lahs!
happy.gif

You mean when baby is supposed to turn its head down? I think not so soon? Heard somewhere nw bb still turning about so the position we see during gynae visit not fixed de...maybe next few hrs, bb turn again. haha.

2Ks - lol, I think coz I only thought about washing bedsheets v.ma fan..and I only intend to buy 2 bedding sets first. never occur to me that bb's urine/poo can be so powerful to seep into mattress. hahaha! I will just buy the biggest cooling pad there is and sleep on it (most impt is make sure my butt is on it coz like you said, scared stain the mattress). haha

Chiro - Maybe your mattress protector can be placed beneath bedsheets? Coz I think thats what most mommies here are doing. Arbo you buy another waterproof mat just to lay beneath the bedsheets i.e. double protection
happy.gif

Thanks Chiro & 2Ks & Sleepyskies.
happy.gif

Oh. Cos my gf was asking me if baby's turned. So I got abit worried. hehehe

Ange, glad you are feeling better now. Do take care ya. pregnacy is really not easy, it is my first and i already feel it
happy.gif

Tummy tightening again today, like 2 times le. Just called KKH to bring forward my appt to this wednesday. wanted to see my gynae just to see what he says. I keep telling myself relax... drinking a lot of water too, some says dehydration can cause tightening effect too.

Cord blood: i am still reading up if this is needed. so much money.. donating sounds good too. thanks for the advice
happy.gif

2Ks

I sound like first time mommy right. Everything also forgot liao. I just realised both kids have 5 academic year age gap. *faints*

Thanks Min. This pregnancy is abit of a culture shock for me. Hahaha As my first was really smooth sailing.

ange: cos many years already mah...
my kiefer only 23 months mah...and i stop bf like 5 months back...so its still fresh in my mind...

Ange
Hope u're feeling better. Do take a good rest. Every pregnancy is different huh? Mine has been quite similar lah, but there is still 12-13 more weeks to go for me, so I'm just hoping nothing surprising happens.

Read an interesting fact, our babies can survive outside after 24 weeks. Amazing huh. But of course we all don't want that. Hope baby stays in till full term 37 weeks!

2Ks
Oh, must spend $600 ah? I don't think i can make it lor. I'm not a very big spender at Robinsons. I got my mom a supp card though. I'm the worse bank customer, spend little and rarely pay any interest. Hehe.

Re: Sales
Wah, sales heating up man. Next, Baby fair in takashimaya. Still got Babies'r'us by Toysrus & of coz ongoing BP sales.

RE: NPL
Ask you girls uh, if we take 1 yr NPL, how many months of salary do you think we should have in savings?

Thanks pinktulip! I'm 8 weeks to 37 weeks! Getting a little bit of jitters. Hehe Pretty disorganised this pregnancy. Just scheduled dry cleaners to pick up carpet and curtains for cleaning tomorrow. Thinking if I should purchase a Delphin to clean the beds and stuff. Anyone has any advise?

Ange
That's soon!! I think when we hit week 30, the time will just fly! I think I'll deliver between 37-38 weeks, just like my earlier pregnancies.

Your nesting instinct is kicking in! I won't buy Delphin but I think it's a good investment if you have sensitive skin or asthma.

pinktulip: #1 was born 37+ weeks. I'm really hoping for an end april baby. 28th April I will be 38 weeks. That's my "chosen" date. But baby decides when she wants to see the world. Gynae did say won't let me past 40 weeks so deadline is 12th may. Hehe

Ange: delphin is so exp. You want to have a free session? my hubby 'stupidly' give his contact to arrange for a session to clean the bed for mites (i have to check the receipt again to see what it is about)...he thought it is to sell service until i told him is sell the vaccum cleaner lah..

he say why no tell him ..i say i already walk away liao..only he want to stay behind to listen..haha. Somemore he super hate it when i vaccum.

if u wan,i can re-direct them to you

Thanks JC! But promised to use my gf's contact if I'm getting. She gets a token referral fee or something. But still giving it some thought. Don't want it to become a white elephant!

Are u guys going ahead with the free cleaning? I remember my hubby blurly signed up once too long ago and I made him cancel it cos I knew they'd hard sell and I hear some become nasty if you refuse them.But I hear they have service packages these days too.

ange
do take care
a few more weeks
i m counting down
lol

busy day
lose my temper today at my xiao di
haha
imagine having to repeat every process at least 3 times.
super sian
and he told my colleahue he is demoralise n doesnt feel loke coming to work

i think i more sian than him

i not going for the free cleaning definitely. I sure find it hard to reject. Somemore come to your house alrady, later not happy they do nasty things even worse.

anybody starting to have problem sleeping? Nowadays keep waking up at 3-4am+ than hve problem going back to sleep. Previously is sleep like pig like that

morning ladies...

I bought mustela baby shower and baby lotion at the fair too. Bought 1 set of each and when hubbs saw how "discounted" it was, he went to grab one more set. The saleslady say that 1 set (3 shower + 2 lotion) can use for about 3 months. So hubbs bought 2 sets to hopefully last us for 6 months...
happy.gif

There seems to be so many stuff outstanding... But my hubbs is saying "space constraints" already.

Any one knows where to buy those tubes for medela pump? Am getting a hand-me-down. Need to get those spare parts

Jc- im starting to wake up at timing around 530am -6am.. then i have hard time to get back to sleep cos its jus another 1-1.5h before i get up for work.. I feel tired at 9pm daily starting from 28 weeks.

We got tried the free cleaning by Delphin before. Yeah will make you very tempted to buy but it's too expensive. 3k++. I thought of getting iEcologi by Osim as a cheaper alternative but not much reviews on it. I will probably get Raycop instead for dust mites and baby stuff.

JC - Im starting to have some sleeping problems also. Sleep late, woke up in the middle of night, or woke up too early. Very strange, I thought pregnancy will make you more tired instead.

i will wake up almost every 2 hours to go toilet even i didn drink more water after 8pm.

so at least will wake up at least 2 or 3 times a night, on a bad night, maybe even 4x. super tiring...

ya..the going toilet part is becoming more and more intense. I usually bath before i sleep. Than i put on the cream etc etc, go into the room and feel like bladder full liao

Sleeping problem:

I will try to pee before i sleep. Sometimes even twice within a 15 minutes interval.....

If things are "good" then i'll wake up only once. If not, probably two to three times per night...

me too...then always like so urgent..then pee only little bit.
sickening...
also suffering from constipation...last time everyday go poo, now once every few days..
must be full of junk inside now

Thanks Vi, dian_tang. Counting down indeed!

Chiro: we've been using raycop the past few years. In fact I bought a second one when my first died. Hehe

JC: my #1 chut pattern every night. Either 2am wake up wanna pee or come into our room crying saying he's scared. Very emo! Me being super light sleeper sure wake up.

I find myself tossing and turning on some nights and cldnt sleep at all...I think pregnancy will make us tired, esp in the 3rd trimester but its also in the 3rd trimester that we cant really sleep. Last time my frens also like that...its quite ironical coz shortly after bb come liaos then lagi cant sleep. hahaha.

fool4love - you can get spare parts for your medela pump through the forum sellers. Here's 1 of the sellers - http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/7848439.html?1357221475.
happy.gif

haha Jill, they shld let us sleep/rest more now...if not we will be sleep deprived for at least the next 1 year!!! lol

Oh, the Avent breast shields look good. I am also looking at Medela softshell inverted nipple kit...aiyah, dont know whether its necessary or not. Everything looks like need to buy...wait end up no use. haha.

oh shit. i miss the promo for the mustela at the fair. didnt go to the fair cause keep thinking nothing to buy there. haiz. guess have to wait for taka fair. but then the promo will not be as good.
sad.gif

for Dephin vaccuum, personally i find it bery good. its good cause i used it to clean the matress and sofa. especially we sleep in aircon room. all these dust might causes sensitive nose and skin allergy. Jus my point of view.
also cause love the fact that the dust is collected in a pool of water so the dust does not "fly around".

I also wake up very often now in my 3rd tri. to pee but not alot. Is the body which is training us for the "sleepless" nights when bb is born to feed bb..haiz. so tired now at work.

sleepyskies: depends la...if bb good hor, u be able to sleep thru when bb 2 months old.
my elder slept thru when he was 2.5 months old.

and hor..i trained my breasts this way that after one month i wont have to wake up to pump in the middle of the nights.
starting 1-2 weeks is engorged until wake up, subsequent i slept thru.

Hi Mummies,

I m getting stroller during the mothercare fair. Thinking of Silver Cross surf! Any recommendations or advise??

sigh* today not feeling well. Like tummy a lot of wind. keep burping and feels like vomiting =( Everything like stuck at my chest like that...

The mothercare fair really fed up. It stated store wide 15%. So I called up and ask whether they can do delivery for stroller for the fair... They said only VIP on preview can get 15% otherwise is normal rates. It only apply to my bugaboo bee stroller. I am not sure about others. Angry.

2Ks - haha, how you train your breasts?! but wont the supply go down if you dont pump during the night?

Xuan - maybe morning eat too much/ too quickly? I have been burping at night too...think indigestion bah. if still dont feel well, go see doc/gynae?

Wee wee: I also wake up very often to wee wee. Sometime i just tell myself that i just wee only, so should not have much urine. Then i fell asleep again.

Spare parts for breast pump: I also just get the spare parts breastshield, 5 oz bottles, valves and menbranes from the link that sleepyskies posted earlier.

Xuan: did u ate too much> maybe can keep to smaller meals?

Back