(2013/05) May 2013

Thanks BKK! Hello all mummies, congrats! Even though its my #2, i still have butterflies in my tummy :-x
Hope we all have a smooth and healthy pregnancy!

Shirley, so today are you on leave for your scan?
u been missing for days, miss u leh.
My appt is 24 Sep, monday. Still 11 days to go...

Junebunny, Why butterflies? I am more worried than my first one. I also got butterflies.

I guess i will wait for 8w to see gynae.. . Hope to hear heartbeat too. Ytd just tested positive.. Mind in a whirl. Haha

Bkk, have butterflies, also dunno why... Scared lo.. Cut up again.. Lol since mine is csect. Haha dunno what to do with #1 too...

Wow Shirley...so early can hear heartbeat already. Congrats!

My appt is 25 Sept. Thought after 7 weeks only can hear heartbeat. I was wrong...

Shirley, that's great!
My appt on 17 Sep.. Will be around 5-6weeks.. Hopefully I could hear hb too!!

Ivy, hb could be heard from 6-8 weeks. But some ppl heard it at week 10.. so depends.

Congrats Shirley! Where r u off to for holiday?
I'm also flying nx mth.... so will go c gynea again before flying. She actually not very approving of the trip but I told her I hv to go cos I dun wan to disappoint my #1. He has been looking fwd.

Bbk, tho tis is #2 but I also feel more worried n paranoid then the first...maybe cos my gap too long... after 5yrs.. feel like first pregnancy again... haha

babykk: I miss you all here.. cos I Gt lots of work to rush before I leave for m holiday.. 24 Sept.. ok.. lets count down together k! after yours den will be my.. second appt at 27..
happy.gif

junebunny: you can schedule at 6 weeks +.. by den should be able to see something..
happy.gif

ivy: ya.. I actually teared when I saw the heartbeat.. so happy!!

reddish: thanks.. now I am looking forward to the 27 for second scan.. when's your appt? why your doc abit like don't want you to go?

watashi: where will you be going? I am going to aussie this weekend.. for a week.. we bought the tix before I concieve.. but thank God that doc gave green light.. but cannot be too tired..
happy.gif
when is your next scan?

I just back from my 1st app, I heard bb heartbeat aww so cute, well is thru vaginal scan coz cant scan from tummy. I so paiseh, 1st time stranger see my ahem* I'm now 7w5d, doc say my bb slightly smaller. She gave me some folic acid and calcium. My edd is 27 april 2013, I think no need update me here. Here is for may mummy hehe

Alice: congratulations!!! how big is your bb? did your docmeasure it for you his/her crl?? no worries.. you can still join us if you don't mind..
happy.gif
glad that everything goes well for you..
happy.gif

Shirley... I gg Taiwan for a wk. Tis trip is planned much earlier when there was a ticket promo. I hv been having slight discharge n spotting so now doc ordered bed rest, on duphaston n c her again on 6oct.

Congrats Alice.
happy.gif

Can I check with u ladies, does ur discharge turn dry after awhile. When I see dry I very scared.

watashi: wow.. nice!!! Taiwan is nice..
happy.gif
I think you have to bed rest as much as you can now.. Gt to take care cos you stillGt a nmonth to go.. so rest as much as you can and remember to take your duphastone too.. has your spotting stop?

bbk: you mean discharge dry on the panty or when you wipe? if its on the panty, I also Gt the same.. its like the discharge oozed out and if I left it there.. it will dry up.. Gt those crust look alike..

Congrats Shirley! BKK, You shd be able to see yr bb's heartbeat too. I went to scan at 6w3d n saw it
happy.gif

Oh, BKK I saw you have decided to change to Dr LC Foong too?
happy.gif
what made you change yr mind?

I just had a ham n cheese sandwich for lunch n feeling super guilty about it.... Next time don't dare already!

BKK, I do not know what my stomach pain is due to too.... It's hard to tell if it's gastric or just pain.... Before that it was like menses cramps... Now it's like a different pain n don't know how to describe... But near the belly button slightly higher than the uterus....

Are you having pains too?

I also tot can only see hb at 8w so tot of scheduling gynae appt then.. Will see how ba... Just worried go there cannot see hb land up sian 1/2

#1 now also v sticky to me.. Gonna be a challenge...

Wow... So lucky u mummies get to travel! I should have made travel plans earlier! Now hub sure only allow staycations... :-/

Aiyo.. I'm so sleepy.... Zzzzzzz

Hi anges, are u tested positive too? Welcome here.

Shirley, is like it dry on panty. Cos it supposed to be watery.

Dreambig, actually I have not finalized yet just take I have been going for blood test these few days so thinking to go for his first scan. If good I will continue to use him.
happy.gif
but he is really a very very good gynae.

BKK : Hmmm..... Mine too near d belly button... But cannot be gastric pain for me cos I eat regularly...?

Yes Dr Foong seems very competent n plus point is my hubby likes him very much too n we are comfortable with him. I think it's important too to have someone you like n comfortable with... Let me know yr final decision
happy.gif

Maybe I might bump into you at the clinic one day! ; )

watashi, taiwan is v nice! but remember to have lots of rest ya.. =))

I like salty stuufs now... Like chee cheong fun with soya sauce, porridge with the salty preserved vegetable, chee kueh, etc... cant really have too plain food..

Hello Ange!

Thanks Dreambig and reddish.

Reddish im into savoury too. I avoid desserts like the plague when I used to have a separate stomach for that prior to this pregnancy.

Dreambig, yes I like him too. Hope my dh able to accept his charges.
happy.gif

Ange, my appt same day as you. Edd around your time too.

Reddish, I still dun have any craving yet but very very hungry easily.

Hi Ange...! Welcome!

Shirley & reddish.... will rest as much as I can now.. thanks.
I love Taiwan too... tis will b 2nd trip there, doing f&e tis time skin will take it slow n easy... was looking fwd to shopping for clothes there but now looks like I hv to shop for maternity clothes instead liao.

I too hv very taste bud nowadays... got my maid to cook salted egg n cai por egg to go with porridge for lunch... yumzz.. n hv been ribena n yakult... forcing plain water down the throat as much as I can.

BBK

I was tired alot last week. But energy levels seem better this week.

I gota avoid raw vegetables and glutinous rice like the plague else i get wind so bad tummy hurts big time.

Occasionally nauseated. But that's about it. Appetite pretty normal other than completely averse to sweet stuff.

Had Thai the other day and everything didnt suit my palate. Pineapple fried rice - too sweet. Green curry - too sweet. Fuss pot baby I have.
happy.gif

Dreambig, I also ate pretty ok never get myself hungry. Have 3 meals a day but dun know why still gastric.

Ange, that good
happy.gif

Angie, ok shall try small meal. But actually I never eat very very full that kind. Cos very bloated. Just finish up one cup noodles and I heard my stomach sound again.

Can try tomyum? I have been craving for tomyum instant noodles a few weeks back.. Really whets my appetite! Now tet positive, now i know why i had not much apetite then

Hihi, I'm new to this forum. This is my first post. I had my ET on 20Aug and hcg test on 5Sep confirms the pregnancy. Can anyone help to teach me how to calculate the pregnant week and EDD?

Hello Aries, welcome
happy.gif
week of pregnancy is counted from the first day of your last period.

BKK, I have not checked on d charges yet too... Will update you if I find out.

Maybe it's due to reflux that's why you feel like it's gastric pain? Anyway, read that pregnancy causes our intestines to relax n hence might cause indigestions n reflux etc...

Hi mummies!
Had a busy day at work. Hope everyone is fine!
happy.gif

Just had a migraine this evening and had some MS too. Feels so horrible, really hate puking.

BBK, you having gastric pain? Got to take care ya? i always feel bloated easily and stomach feel a bit weird whenever i'm very hungry

Welcome Aries! Welcome Ange!

Junebunny, can eat tomyum. I ate too. I also ate spicy food.

Hi welcome Aries, u just check when is ur first day of last menses then u go online calculator to check.

Dreambig and debbie, I think I am having gastric. But is on off that kind. Like this morning 6am then after that no more already.

My bb juz 1.44cm, im 7w5d. Doc give me folic acid and calcium saying my bb slightly smaller than normal:x well not issit coz I'm petite so bb also petite haha. If dun mind can add me also,

Bb:1st
Doctor: heng tung LAN
Hospital; parkway east
East
Edd:27 April 2013

Nowdays I duno when im hungry or gastric@@ cant differentiate. make me feel wanna puke. So far I puke 1 time only and my ms usually at nite time.

Hello Alice, welcome back...
happy.gif

BKK, do you drink milk? maybe you can drink some milk? Usually gastric is due to stomach too acidic n milk is alkaline. So it might help to relieve yr gastric issue.

Mine is d opposite. I have heartburn after every meal. So uncomfortable.... No matter whether I m sitting down or lying or standing.... I find that lemon juice helps though... But my mum told me cannot drink too much sour stuffs....

Yes! I resorted to making dried persevered orange peel hot drink yst when I'm in office. Took some dried preserved orange peel from my colleague and ran hot water on it. And wow, it does helps my ms! Haha my gf recommended honey lemon.. But I've yet to tried that. Minty sweets helps too for me. Got to keep doing trial and error.
I almost wanted to puke yst morning but somehow or rather, it got held back. Haha.. It's Friday! And my first appt would be on coming mon! Yippee! Do I still have to do vagina scan at around 6 weeks? I dread dread vagina scan!

Updated

It's Friday!!

<table border=1><tr><td>No.</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>baby #</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>NSEW </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Alice saw</TD><TD>27-Apr</TD><TD>Dr Lan Heng Tung</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Parkway East</TD><TD>East </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Happymrs</TD><TD>30-Apr</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>East </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Starburst</TD><TD>2-May</TD><TD>Dr TC Chang</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>South </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Dreambig</TD><TD>2-May</TD><TD>Dr LC Foong</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>West </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Watashi</TD><TD>3-May</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>West </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Ivy E</TD><TD>5-May</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>West </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Shirley</TD><TD>10-May</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>North </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Memphissbelle</TD><TD>10-May</TD><TD>Dr Ben Neo</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>East </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Junebunny</TD><TD>11-May</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>BBk</TD><TD>18-May</TD><TD>Dr LC Foong</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>West </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Ange</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Dr Lee I Wuen</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Debbie</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Dr Poon King Fu</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>North </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Novsnow</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Dr Kowa</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>West </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Jiali</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Dr Irene Chua</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>Reddish</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>West </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>babymaine</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Dr John Tee</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>East </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>wt81</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>trixia</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>fool4love</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>love16</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>Raihana</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</td></tr></table>

Dreambig, i stop drinking milk after i realise i have diarrhea could be due to lactose intorant.
You said you drink the brand meiji? is it safe for pregnancy?

Reddish, I hate Vscan too. I think can do tummy scan at week 6 , just make ur bladder full by drinking 3-4 cups of water for the scan will be able to see.

I also drink honey lemon sometimes when I feel uneasy, it helps me hehe. Ya I didnt know need drink a lot water before scan lol, very paiseh or vscan. Doc just take my pantie out like normal, my face straight blushes@@

Back