(2013/05) May 2013

Hi Marc

For me about 1.5-2hrs later I feed my son milk after meal, as qty depends on individual mine is taking 210 ML now.

Now I am headache of what toys or activities to keep him occupy.

hi tiny
ic.mine is taking 180ml.
usually I will let my gal sit in the walker and give her a teether to bite .
of cause she will bang here and there when sitting inside the walker,i will have to keep a lookout on her.

Mine i didn't let him sit in walker..only those rocker chair but doesn't last long
And he bites practically everything he grabs on his hands :(

My girl has her cereal/puree/porridge at ard 11am. Milk intake will be 2 hours ltr. I usually DL,
when bottle feed will be 120ml.

Mine i didn't let him sit in walker..only those rocker chair but doesn't last long
And he bites practically everything he grabs on his hands :(

I don't let my girl sit in walker too.
I think it's pretty dangerous as there are steps in my house.

Any of your baby not drinking milk now? Mine has been rejecting sucking from bottle for days.. Wonder is it due to teething

Hi mummies
have you all started to look for ordering your bb 1st birthday cake?
anyone has good recommendation?pls share.
thanks

Hi Mummies

this chat seems very quiet.
Have you all started to enroll your bb to preschool?
let's share some ideas here. :)

I got 2 sets during the merries promotion. 6 packs of pull up for ard 80
but have not tried coz I still got some tape diapers which I m trying to finish

Hi Mummies,

I'm new to this community.

My dd started refusing to put on the regular tape diapers abt 2 weeks ago unless I sit her on my lap. Even then it's a struggle. Tried her on the pull-up pants and it's much easier and she's happier. Now I'm trying to clear my old stock before migrating to pants.

Hi Mummies,

Anyone staying in AMK area ? I'm looking for playmates for my child who is also born in 2013. I have a older child who is 5 this year. :)

Hi mummies
have you all started to look for ordering your bb 1st birthday cake?
anyone has good recommendation?pls share.
thanks
Hi Marc,

I have ordered from Ecreative and we have ordered it for the past few years, they have many designs and their cakes are nice too.

My boy is drinking only 120ml each feed @ 11 months now, 3 times a day. Is the amount of intake too little? He eats porridge for lunch and dinner.

My boy is drinking only 120ml each feed @ 11 months now, 3 times a day. Is the amount of intake too little? He eats porridge for lunch and dinner.
Hi memb, same here for my dd. She's almost 1 year old already and has been drinking 120ml, 3 times a day for many months already. At night, top up with breastfeeding. A guide book I've read gave a range at 360ml as a baseline so I think it's quite ok. She takes solids for breakfast, lunch and dinner - cereal n 3 sides e.g.fish, pumpkin & spinach. I tried giving her extra milk but she just won't take.

Any mummies encounter your bb hitting their own head or pulling their hair when they are angry? I'm kinda lost as DS has been doing it quite recently.

Probably what you can do is tell him firmly that he can't so such and hug him and comfort him when he gets angry.
Reason being they are young and still do not know how to control their emotions.
What resulted him to be angry? It is because he can't have things he wants

My boy hit his head for no reason but he dont do it often. He will hit the back of his head on the backrest when he throws tantrum.

My dd will clench and shake her fists and say "Mmmhh!" impatiently. Sometimes she wld cry if don't allow her to do the things she wants to do. Feel at a loss at times on what to do. Mostly I'd tell her that I don't like that behaviour and what is the acceptable way to react e.g shake her head instead of getting angry, obey mummy when she has to. Some guides say that they are smart and watching our reactions which will quickly shape their behaviours which can become hard to undo. So I'm threading carefully and watching myself.

Anyone enrolled/enrolling/intendong to enroll your babies in preschool yet? Can share your tboughts and experiences?

Anyone doing Glenm Doman flashcards programme with bb? When do you intend to enroll bb for school?

cuppycake
I have recently started to enrol for next year intake
majority are on waitlist.:(
So you have to better act fast now...which area are you looking at?

Anyone enrolled/enrolling/intendong to enroll your babies in preschool yet? Can share your tboughts and experiences?

Anyone doing Glenm Doman flashcards programme with bb? When do you intend to enroll bb for school?

I have registered my daughter for PN for 2016 intake.
For good schools got to registering the year your baby is born.

Hi mummies,

Any of you are giving your little ones soft rice now? My boy is getting tired of porridge and very interested in our food.
I am thinking to give him something more solid.
He doesn't like pasta...any advice?

Hi lovebaby
Same here my Ds also no interest in porridge. I have started to give him soft rice and soup for dinner two nights ago.

You can try to give your baby bee hoon, mee sua or macaroni too which you can cook it longer to make it soft.

Maybe can try giving Oat? Not those 3-in-1 kind. Just cook to boil. And can add fruits? My girl loves it.

I realised as my baby grows, she doesn't like anything too watery. Must be semi solid, like she's able to chew.

thanks mummies for your advice.
my boy is having oats as breakfast sine 7 months.
tried mee sua n baby pasta but not interest
yesterday, i steamed pumpkin with wolf berries, fish n fried spinach with mushroom, he likes it.
also tried beancurd, accepted.

seems that he likes traditional chinese food...haha

Hi lovebaby I bought this brand maicar hokkien mee sua, I tried this is not salty compare to others. What I do is boil the mee sua seperately don't cook till too soft, must watch the fire :) then use scissor to cut into small pieces. Then I boil the soup use hot water with pork(sometimes i add dry scallop too), pumpkin, green pea, carrot (ingredient up to u to mix) in a slow mini cooker. Then I put the cooked mee sua into the soup and serve when he is ready for his meal.
If I'm in rush of time then I use a pot to boil the soup first then put the mee sua in to boil then serve.
Has he started to eat egg? You can add in too if ate already.

Good. Mine I have not let him try egg white, only ate egg yolk. Cos when he was 10months old he had allergy after eating the eggwhite.. Will let him try again after he turns one :)

oh....did u follow the three-day try rule? i didnt follow n luckily he seems to be fine with eggs n meat so far. today try chicken drumstick, he likes it:)

I let him try the egg white and the very night rashes lo. So I did not let him try after that.
Hee mine have not try chicken yet will do next week. How do you cook your drumstick?

I cooked abc soup today he likes it!

oh by the way...want to get some advices also from mummies from the following :

1) do you change your baby's diaper at night when they wake up for night feed?
i have a hard time to change my gal's diaper at night after her feed.Her sleeping position is always by the side and i cannot change
and her diaper will be very heavy if i dun change.:(

2) What to feed in between meals as snack ?
i have run out of idea ,biscuits,corn puree

3) have you started to change to stage 3 fm? i have yet to change to stage 3.
she is still drinking stage 2.will it be ok?

thanks

Back